PDA

View Full Version : Boston & surrounding regiona

I_royalty_I
04-09-2016, 12:33 AM
Anybody familiar with this area? Going to be up around that area as well as southern maine in about a week. Was looking for something to do around the surrounding area of Boston for a night or so. Anybody know anything interesting to do?

If I can't find anything near Boston, I might hit up Portsmouth for a night. Wanted to see somewhere new though.

Drizzy
04-09-2016, 12:34 AM
Bawstunn

Corvid
04-09-2016, 12:40 AM
boston is a great city and there's lots of stuff to do there depending on what you're interested in!
are you interested in clubbing/visiting museums/historical sites/etc etc?

Maison
04-09-2016, 12:44 AM
If I can't find anything near Boston, I might hit up Portsmouth for a night.

LOL Boston has a lot to do depends what ya like to do tho

I_royalty_I
04-09-2016, 08:55 AM
Well, I would prefer something just outside Boston because all the places I saw in Boston were like $250-300+. Lol
My gf and I are gonna stay with her family but was looking for something to do on the last day before we leave. Flying out of Boston but I hate driving in the city so I wanted something outside of the city lol

Krux
04-09-2016, 11:02 AM
I hate driving in the city so I wanted something outside of the city lol

Brooklyn loolol

I_royalty_I
04-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Brooklyn loolol

Lol I plan on parking my car and taking the subway for that. No way in hell am I going to make myself drive in that everyday xD
Seriously though, Boston is worse imo. DC is the worst so far. Id prefer nyc driving to dc or Boston. Ugh

Krux
04-09-2016, 11:10 AM
Dude you're crazy.

You'll learn how bad it is up there. What you doing today?

Corvid
04-09-2016, 11:44 AM
would you be adverse to taking public transit to get into the city? i've lived on the south shore most of my life and know the city (not really the outer areas) best. (here's a map of the t in case [Only registered and activated users can see links] and i think you can access maps of the other transportation there, too)

i'm just gonna ramble and put together a list of stuff that i like if that's okay!

- harvard natural history museum: if you dig animals and nature this is a pretty fun, low-energy activity. rooms full of taxidermy animals, fossils, skeletons of extinct species, drawers full of cool rocks and gems, and they have a whole room of these glass flowers from the late 1800's- early 1900's. very lovely, i find it fascinating, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. their website is here: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

- boston/cambridge science museum: SO MUCH to see here if science museums are up your alley. then again, plenty of cities have science museums and while it's interesting, it's pretty pricey. [Only registered and activated users can see links]

- newbury street: a big shopping street with lots to do - very charming. [Only registered and activated users can see links]

- freedom trail: if you dig u.s. history and can handle a 2.5 mile stroll, this is really great. it's stops by a lot of the old revolutionary sights (old north church, paul revere's home, site of the boston massacre) and i think the whole path (or most of it) is marked with a golden line. you can take a tour with a group or just walk it yourself! [Only registered and activated users can see links]

- boston public gardens: it might be a little cold right now (there was just 8 inches of snow there) but the gardens are very beautiful when the flowers spring up. free for everyone to walk around in. you can also get paddled about in the swan boats! [Only registered and activated users can see links] and [Only registered and activated users can see links]

there's lots more i can suggest if none of that suits your fancy! i also know some good places to eat if you need suggestions :$

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Lol I plan on parking my car and taking the subway for that. No way in hell am I going to make myself drive in that everyday xD
Seriously though, Boston is worse imo. DC is the worst so far. Id prefer nyc driving to dc or Boston. Ugh

massachusetts drivers are HORRIBLE and boston is already difficult to navigate with a car imo

i totally feel not wanting to drive up there - when i'm visiting i just park the car in chinatown and then take the t/walk to get where i want to go :P

I_royalty_I
04-09-2016, 12:16 PM
Dude you're crazy.

You'll learn how bad it is up there. What you doing today?

Hey im stubborn. I have to experience it to see if it's bad. I may end up loving it, who knows!
Gonna be heading to a housewarming soon. I forgot to do that thing we discussed yesterday so im gonna get on that before I head out too! Haha

Elf
04-09-2016, 08:40 PM
If you're at all interested in history, New England has SO much good history stuff to check out. Otherwise, if you're in Boston, be sure to go to the Faneuil Hall area because there's a lot of great food places and stores that tourists and even local people really like. Can't think of anything to do in Maine, it's mostly old people who live up there lol

I_royalty_I
04-15-2016, 12:25 PM
I have decided to skip the Boston area and go to downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire. I've been there before and my gf loves going there. So probably going to spend a night there, hopefully it's nice out.

Going to be in Boston this Monday still. I'm not sure what we are doing. I think they wanted to go to the aquarium at least. Beyond there, I'm along for the ride.