PDA

View Full Version : Actives are now BANNED on clraik

Drizzy
03-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Active immediately, we are banning the SALES of all actives on clraik.

This topic has been debated for a number of months amongst the staff, as well as many prominent members of the forum. This decision has been long deliberated, and whilst we are aware that many active sellers will not be happy with the decision the staff have made, the benefits for the community (both Neopets and cK) cannot be denied.

Neopets, as we all know, is slowly but surely dying; to minimise further impact upon the dwindling player base, the selling of anything active (including but not limited to accounts, pets and pure) is being banned. Though we can't increase the player base on Neo, at least we won't be responsible for diminishing it further. This, in turn, gives Neopets a greater chance of survival, and as such gives greater longevity to our selling community.

One of the main benefits for cK will be the re-branding of our image. For far too long, if anything goes wrong or someone is raided, the finger is always pointed at cK and some of our prominent members. More often than not, we are not responsible for this, but the stigma remains and discourages new members to the forum. By improving our image, we are creating a stronger community on clraik, including encouraging more potential future buyers. It also reduces the smear campaigns and shit-talking from other corners of the web (not that we care ;) ).

Another benefit of this decision is the resulting safer trading market. Oftentimes newbies who join the cheating scene and dip their toes in selling get their start with raiding actives. These newbies aren’t as well-versed in securing, and tend to cut corners that (knowingly or unknowingly) can lead to members getting frozen. It isn’t a frequent occurrence, but it definitely does happen and can make users quit Neo entirely. Our aim in making this change is to help sustain (or at least not diminish) the active player base, while also making buying a safer activity for our ck members.

To break it down:
• Any account spotted less than 180 days ago is active
• Any account spotted 180-364 days is semi-active (once the account automatically birthday locks)
• Any account spotted a long, long time ago is inactive
• Any account which is STEALTH! will need to have that turned off in your securing process, in order to ensure the period of inactivity is clear and visible to all involved

Under the new rule, trying to sell any account last seen under 180 days ago will result in infractions/banning. Trying to sell anything between 180-364 days will also be frowned upon.

We are going to take this rule change very, very seriously. Anybody found breaking this rule will be hit hard with infractions, temp bans or even permanent bans. Consider this announcement your warning.

We feel this change was necessary, and in the long run the results will show themselves.

03-06-2016, 06:23 PM
What if we find accounts as Stealth? Considered Active I'm supposing?

Madeleine
03-06-2016, 06:33 PM
Thx ry good change <3 Increase in business all around.

Aska
03-06-2016, 06:39 PM
I really like this move. Thanks for looking out for us. :)

rachel
03-06-2016, 06:41 PM
I can 100% get behind this.
Keeping as many people around Neo as long as possible is better for us all in the long run.

Even I would bail if my main got hit, despite knowing that I could just as easily obtain as good an account (or better) with a little bit of cash... but because of the memories attached, the pets, everything, yeah, I'd be done.
So I can totally understand the mindset of the players who quit - and it's happening alllllll too often now.

Plus, all the boards that pop up of our own members getting hit...
Yeah, all in all, I can dig it!

Maki
03-06-2016, 06:50 PM
I likey, gj ck

Hopefully this closes the gap between the players on neopets and the community of ck
We can be a giant unit!

Pusheen
03-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Was about time hehe :rolleyes:
Great news! Thanks guys!

VitaminX
03-06-2016, 07:37 PM
as well as many prominent members of the forum.

No problem guys <3

But agreed, good idea. Hope it turns out as planned, and people won't go look for all kind of mazes in the net.

Bettser
03-06-2016, 07:40 PM
What if we find accounts as Stealth? Considered Active I'm supposing?

Considered active unless they were bday locked (And the bday lock is not checked on the account). Even then, stealth accounts should be secured for the amount mentioned in this announcement.

Sociopath
03-07-2016, 01:19 PM
About friggen time.

Cath
03-07-2016, 01:41 PM
Nice move guys!

Daviid
03-07-2016, 02:35 PM
I'm okay with this decision. Good move for the community.

Cinnamoroll
03-07-2016, 05:14 PM
This is a good change, yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I_royalty_I
03-07-2016, 07:23 PM
I can see why some might see this as a benefit but I don't see why it's necessary or what is to be accomplished.
All this means is that those who have actives will need to hit them and get the most out of them
before others do so that they can let things secure for the "proper" time period.

The only way the market can be anymore regulated now is to only allow legit goods to be sold lol

Urbex
03-07-2016, 07:53 PM
I understand the move to stop the further diminishing of the player base but there are other consequences. Now, all someone with active accounts has to do is hit them hard and fast, taking all assets for themselves (just as I_royalty_I mentioned). It will be a good move in the long run, but short-term, there will probably be an increase in active account securings and seizures.

Umbreon
03-07-2016, 07:59 PM
Definitely a good move!

I_royalty_I
03-07-2016, 08:00 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

I just think it's silly that we give in now of all times to try and rebrand ourselves. We have been a cheating site through and through since the inception and just changing rules like this makes it seem like we are something we aren't.

Not to mention, it will send people elsewhere looking to sell their actives. As was touched upon earlier, many newbies turn to actives to get their start, to get their foot in the water and mess around a little bit. Now, we have eliminated that option all together. The only thing left is to trust people are selling things that are as secure as they claim them to be, then to wait and watch people attempt to undercut each other at every turn. I have seen people of all rank break the rules even while posting threads warning others.

I just don't see the longterm goal here. Neo is going to be decreasing in activity until JumpStart does something to change that. It's been going downhill for awhile and something like this falls under the "too little, too late" I suppose. We will see how it goes and I hope everyone complies because I'd hate to lose members over something like this, but meh, I don't really see the point.

Urbex
03-07-2016, 08:14 PM
I just think it's silly that we give in now of all times to try and rebrand ourselves. We have been a cheating site through and through since the inception and just changing rules like this makes it seem like we are something we aren't.

Not to mention, it will send people elsewhere looking to sell their actives. As was touched upon earlier, many newbies turn to actives to get their start, to get their foot in the water and mess around a little bit. Now, we have eliminated that option all together. The only thing left is to trust people are selling things that are as secure as they claim them to be, then to wait and watch people attempt to undercut each other at every turn. I have seen people of all rank break the rules even while posting threads warning others.

I just don't see the longterm goal here. Neo is going to be decreasing in activity until JumpStart does something to change that. It's been going downhill for awhile and something like this falls under the "too little, too late" I suppose. We will see how it goes and I hope everyone complies because I'd hate to lose members over something like this, but meh, I don't really see the point.

I definitely see what you're saying.
What drew me in here over other forums was that this is a cheating forum, and not a forum that happens to have a few programs on it. I myself purchased an active account after joining here and secured the assets quickly..this is what got me back into the swing of things in Neo.
I personally don't think there is much harm if both parties know what they're dealing with. I'm not sure the public of Neopets' respect is what everyone cares to have over accounts/money, but that's just my two cents.

I_royalty_I
03-07-2016, 08:23 PM
I definitely see what you're saying.
What drew me in here over other forums was that this is a cheating forum, and not a forum that happens to have a few programs on it. I myself purchased an active account after joining here and secured the assets quickly..this is what got me back into the swing of things in Neo.
I personally don't think there is much harm if both parties know what they're dealing with. I'm not sure the public of Neopets' respect is what everyone cares to have over accounts/money, but that's just my two cents.

I'd agree with you there. I don't think we really need to win the affection of the Neopets community. We have been around long enough that they know our true nature. All the things that the members here have done won't be erased because we no longer let members sell actives. People will still think the same of us and that's fine because most of the people who know of us have already made their decision, whether to join up with us or avoid us altogether.

Drizzy
03-07-2016, 08:29 PM
All this means is that those who have actives will need to hit them and get the most out of them before others do so that they can let things secure for the "proper" time period.

- If I sell 10 actives to Bettser, another ten to Infamous Joe and 10 more to bacchus and them consistently coming back for more vs me just hitting one active a night, I'm sure it makes a difference

The only way the market can be anymore regulated now is to only allow legit goods to be sold lol

- Now you're just being silly. You can sell everything inactive or legit or genned - anything that won't affect legit players directly.

P.S. The end goal was actually listed in the first post, repeated, actually, for all to see.

Our aim in making this change is to help sustain (or at least not diminish) the active player base, while also making buying a safer activity for our ck members.

I_royalty_I
03-07-2016, 08:42 PM
- If I sell 10 actives to Bettser, another ten to Infamous Joe and 10 more to bacchus and them consistently coming back for more vs me just hitting one active a night, I'm sure it makes a difference

- Now you're just being silly. You can sell everything inactive or legit or genned - anything that won't affect legit players directly.

P.S. The end goal was actually listed in the first post, repeated, actually, for all to see.

But then you have people who I'm sure will sell actives on skype, or go to other forums and push them even harder so they can get rid of them. I feel like banning something will have the opposite effect because everybody will want to do it because they can't. I know I will be securing a ton of semi active stuff this week while have the time, just because I know if I don't, somebody else will and I'd rather not lose out.

I see the intended end goal, but I don't understand how this will really get us there. I suppose we shall see though. Hopefully you're right!

loserchild
03-07-2016, 08:43 PM
Does this count as active main accounts that are legit and owned/created by the seller?

Or just as acquired accounts that are active?

Bettser
03-07-2016, 08:43 PM
Does this count as active main accounts that are legit and owned/created by the seller?

Or just as acquired accounts that are active?

Active as in, someone else owns it and you have access to it :P

Lazuli
03-07-2016, 09:22 PM
i am SO for this. it's important to keep buyers/sellers safe, and since most ppl are anonymous here we wouldnt know if we'd be hitting a fellow member. it's just not right imo, i'm very happy about this change

cinnamon
03-07-2016, 09:29 PM
It can be complicated on a cheating site to draw lines as to how far is too harmful, especially in a community based game. It can ultimately be argued that even auto buying hurts legit players because we're nabbing things up with little effort or skill on our part or that score sending is stealing just one more spot in the gold trophy range on the high score table each month. Regardless I do believe that there is a big difference between someone missing a morphing potion at a restock and someone getting locked out of their account overnight and losing 5-6 years worth of work and sentimental value all so someone could make a couple hundred bucks. Even without a dwindling player base, raiding actives is where I personally draw the line.

I do imagine that after the initial secured actives are hit & secured by those who currently own them, there will be less of a motivation for those sellers to continue to break into actives knowing it's going to be much harder to sell them.

I think there have been quite a few instances on this forum even in the few months I've been back into this stuff that I've seen conversations break out in threads over user disagreements about selling and raiding active accounts. Many clraik members have shown strong opposition to the sale of actives on this forum. In fact, more than any other forum I've been a part of in years past. This is the most helpful & honest neo-cheat forum I have ever been a part of and I think that this decision is in line with the values of the majority of the users here. I'm really glad to see that the support and opposition to this decision has been discussed constructively thus far.

All in all I think neopets has changed, and while most of the inactivity on the site is due to the lack of things to do since JS has taken over, neopets players are more aware of cheating methods than ever before. 6-7 years ago if someone had a pet stolen everyone on the boards was like "Hurr durr why would somebody want to steal my pixels?? Why can't they get their own?" They weren't aware of the black market or that cheaters were motivated by real-world money and not pixel lust. Nowadays every stalker on the PC is out to get you for that shiny UC you just bought.

We have to start rethinking our approach to battle the less-naive neopets userbase as the years go on. If we want our community to grow to bring in more potential program users and buyers of inactive/legit goods, it may be beneficial to align our values in a way that doesn't make us seem like such bad guys.

Sociopath
03-07-2016, 11:00 PM
But then you have people who I'm sure will sell actives on skype, or go to other forums and push them even harder so they can get rid of them. I feel like banning something will have the opposite effect because everybody will want to do it because they can't. I know I will be securing a ton of semi active stuff this week while have the time, just because I know if I don't, somebody else will and I'd rather not lose out.

I see the intended end goal, but I don't understand how this will really get us there. I suppose we shall see though. Hopefully you're right!

But that's a pain in the ass.

This place is like bringing your goods to Walmart vs what you're suggesting is similar to selling home by owner. It deters selling actives, nobody said it was going to bring an end to it.

Mophead
03-08-2016, 12:10 AM
I was against this a few months ago, but I'm glad we're making this step now!

We may be making it harder for newbies to break into the market, but it's better for people to put in more work and dedicate themselves where they need to for two reasons.

They better educate themselves on what needs to done in order to sell correctly, safely, and efficiently.
The people selling learn how to secure with inactive accounts. If an active gets frozen, it does a significant amount more impact than it does to an inactive getting frozen.

Overall, it's a very positive turn for the community and the market. :)
100% behind this decision!

Kit
03-08-2016, 01:55 AM
I think it's a good idea because when an active is sold you may be (unknowingly) selling the account of a clraik member. Even if they're not a clraik member, I don't think any active Neopets player deserves to have their account stolen.

Selling inactives is fine because chances are the owners aren't coming back and won't even miss what's been stolen/sold. But actives? Someone out there does care, they will be upset, and you'll ruin the Neo experience for them forever :c so if we can help to prevent that from happening even just a little bit, then I think that's a good decision.

Sugar Rush
03-08-2016, 02:07 AM
While I can't opine from a seller's point of view, I can say from a buyer's point of view that this is great news to me!

I'm a timid buyer. I usually only buy NC and the occasional NP item that I can pick up in the pound, but seeing this rule makes me more open to the possibility of buying other things. I would never buy anything off of an active account anyway because I love my account too much to risk it and I don't like the idea of taking something that belonged to someone that will almost certainly miss it.

I know sellers sell to other sellers but at some point down the line there has to be an end-buyer, and I'd imagine most end-buyers want safe, inactive items that have been secured a long time. Being paranoid has kept my stuff safe for years. I'm paranoid enough to the point where I use proxies and shells to transfer even NC... so... you could raid my active main and make a couple hundred bucks, not even knowing you hit your own customer and making me quit Neopets, or you could keep a cash cow like me flowing month after month selling inactive things that I buy for myself, my friends and my family.

Ultimately I agree with the principle of trying to diminish the slow death of Neopets, and I think more potential buyers like me would join up if the risk and their own moral dilemma was minimized.

Suicune
03-08-2016, 02:41 AM
Tbh I never touch anything active (unless someone personally owns that pet)

I would hate it having to battle with tnt just to get back an account because they take too long to do so. A few weeks ago someone ran round the pc breaking into accounts. 30% of the people no longer had access/forgotten the email and had dwindling odds getting back their accounts.

joker
03-08-2016, 07:16 AM
Sorry for the n00b question...
aren't we allowed to sell our own ACTIVE account??

Brickhaus
03-08-2016, 07:26 AM
Sorry for the n00b question...
aren't we allowed to sell our own ACTIVE account??

Yes, you are. Active accounts mean accounts someone else owns that you have access to, so selling your own account is all right.

joker
03-08-2016, 08:02 AM
Yes, you are. Active accounts mean accounts someone else owns that you have access to, so selling your own account is all right.

First of all, how could someone get the username AND password of someone else's account? Are clraik members involved in hacking someone's account or scamming them into giving their password?!

Brickhaus
03-08-2016, 08:08 AM
First of all, how could someone get the username AND password of someone else's account? Are clraik members involved in hacking someone's account or scamming them into giving their password?!

Well, this is a cheating forum... Some people deal in that business.

joker
03-08-2016, 09:34 AM
Well, this is a cheating forum... Some people deal in that business.

I thought, this forum specializes in bot making and programs. May I know how to hack some inactive accounts? Could someone here teach me? Infamous Joe Rrachel Bettser Drizzy

Pusheen
03-08-2016, 09:52 AM

As you might be able to see on the Neopets Trades ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) section of the forum, people also use this place to sell their Neopets goods, many of which people get from inactive accounts. The way on which many sellers get the inactive accounts are not publicly teached, since it requires of a degreee of expertice and learning that the ones who manage to succeed keep to themselves and sometimes friends or collegues with which they sell. At the same time, if people teached how to 'hack' accounts, many might take advantage of this and would most likely hurt the game more than help it.

Though, a publicly known way of doing this is with unregistered emails, which you can learn about looking at the Neopets Guides ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) section :)
I hope that helps.

(Also, I'm not a mod/admi here though thanks for the tagg haha)

joker
03-08-2016, 10:02 AM
As you might be able to see on the Neopets Trades ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) section of the forum, people also use this place to sell their Neopets goods, many of which people get from inactive accounts. The way on which many sellers get the inactive accounts are not publicly teached, since it requires of a degreee of expertice and learning that the ones who manage to succeed keep to themselves and sometimes friends or collegues with which they sell. At the same time, if people teached how to 'hack' accounts, many might take advantage of this and would most likely hurt the game more than help it.

Though, a publicly known way of doing this is with unregistered emails, which you can learn about looking at the Neopets Guides ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) section :)
I hope that helps.

(Also, I'm not a mod/admi here though thanks for the tagg haha)

Thanks for the info.

I tagged you because you had 'liked' Brickhaus's post and maybe you could tell me something.

j03
03-08-2016, 10:05 AM
I thought, this forum specializes in bot making and programs. May I know how to hack some inactive accounts? Could someone here teach me? Infamous Joe Rrachel Bettser Drizzy

We actually do specialize in botting for Neopets. Our rules also state you cannot ask for this assistance. It's not exactly legal and will hurt the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zachafer
03-08-2016, 01:48 PM
So for consistency, all these Rule addendums should go in the Rules section? [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Infamous Joe

Hydrapple
03-08-2016, 04:04 PM
i have to say i'm actually pretty happy to see this being implemented, especially at the stagnant stage neo is at right now.
even personally, i never liked buying from actives and tried to steer clear of them to the best of my ability. it's really the only reason why i can be particular about who i buy from, and am more likely to be a returning customer.

TheNotoriousAustin
03-09-2016, 01:40 AM
Love this! Great news! Thanks for keeping us safer!

Charizard
03-09-2016, 07:02 AM
I personally love this move. Great call! There isn't much more I could add in without repeating what was said so I'll just leave it at a this ;)

Hollow
03-09-2016, 10:07 AM
Awesome news indeed! c: I think this will keep us a lot more safer too c:

Thatsprofhawk
03-09-2016, 03:17 PM
Glad to hear it! I've always thought selling actives was shady :P

Tapir
03-10-2016, 04:46 PM
I really like this, and the reasoning behind it. The site needs every active player it still has honestly! :takdir: yay for mods

mikeultra
03-11-2016, 03:03 AM
Excellent move mods :)

Misha
03-11-2016, 11:54 AM
Best decision ever

icebox
03-12-2016, 01:04 AM
good shit good shit (y) yaaaas

siaospear
03-13-2016, 09:12 AM
Much needed decision. Thank you!

april
03-19-2016, 12:06 AM
fully agree but still kinda sad. i loved buying actives :(

Doll
03-24-2016, 05:06 PM
Oh this is fab :D

Maison
03-24-2016, 05:36 PM
wow finally LOL

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------