PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon SoulSilver Question

TheNotoriousAustin
02-24-2016, 11:32 PM
I'm asking this because I haven't played Pokemon in YEARS literally.. So I was feeling nostalgic and wanted a game to play. I haven't played Pokemon since Sapphire first game out for GBA. So I was advised to try SoulSilver for DS..
So what's I'm asking is, which of the 3 starter Pokemon is the BEST to start out with?

Guy
02-24-2016, 11:52 PM
I'd go with totodile.

cyndaquil is fairly strong but doesn't have good coverage, and chikorita is underwhelming and has a poor movepool (it can use support type moves like leech seed & powders and stuff, but so can jumpluff and jumpfluff has the advantage of better typing and speed)

there aren't many fire types available in johto though so cyndaquil wouldn't be a bad choice..you could probably get a gyarados to replace totodile as your water type if you wanted (gyarados is actually a lot stronger than feraligatr because of dragon dance. you could get dragon dance on feraligatr too but it'd require breeding & idk if you wanna do that lol)

cinnamon
02-25-2016, 12:41 AM
It's weird...when I played Gold I got a Chikorita and kept that thing through the whole game. In HeartGold, idk if I was less attached or if there were better pokemon in the wild than in the other games, but I only kept it as my starter long enough to get to the final evolution and then it was off my team which is really unusual for me.
Mo is right about which ones will make battles easiest in the beginning of the game. Chikorita is not effective against the first two gym leaders.