PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Announced!

Reemer
02-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Just saw this on gbatemp.net:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]
ORIGINAL STORY: The third entry in the Black and White set of Pokemon games has finally been confirmed. The game, which at least for now is called Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, will be released for Nintendo DS in Japan this June, no word yet on a global release date.

News of this new Pokemon game has arrived care of series producer Junichi Masuda. Following yesterday's tease that big news was on the way, Masuda revealed the new game today during the Japanese show Pokemon Smash.

No further details have been revealed at this time. Stay tuned to IGN for more updates as they come in.

UPDATE: The official Pokemon japanese website has been updated to include news of this new game. It mentions that "mysterious legendary Pokemon" will make an appearance. The images of these Pokemon (below) look like new forms of Black and White's legendaries Reshiram and Zekrom, perhaps somehow fused with Kyurem. Of course, only time will tell who they are for sure.

UPDATE: In a surprising development, it seems that the "third" entry in the fifth generation of Pokemon games will actually be two separate titles, releasing simultaneously. As mentioned below, they will be called Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 and they will release in Japan this June. No news on a North American release, but the U.S. site says they will be "coming soon."

The U.S. site also calls the games "two incredible new adventures" - which, paired with the Black 2 and White 2 branding, may suggest they are actually direct sequels of sorts to Black and White. To be clear, this has not been confirmed and is merely speculation. No official word has been given on whether it will feature the same story and areas as Black and White (as is traditional for these third entries) or whether it will somehow continue the adventure. Keep it here on IGN for all the latest.

Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Your thoughts?

GOAT
03-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Well, the fact that a main series Pokemon game has a sequel for the first time is exciting. And I am glad it will still be released on the regular DS system. Maybe it is just me, but does it look like Black Kyurem just looks bad? To me, the blue and black and gray don't mesh well together. White Kyurem looks better to me because the colors are all closer to each other. They mesh well, whereas the Black Kyurem colors don't.

j03
03-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Wait, it'll be compatible with my Nintendo DS?? If so, that's pretty awesome haha.

Tom
03-02-2012, 07:02 PM
GBATemp is always ontop of translation patches for the Japanese ROMs if the global release date is like a year away, so to hear it coming out in June is nice. Personally I haven't played a pokemon since Heart Gold, but I might have to play black 1&2 :P

Slasher
03-02-2012, 08:34 PM
An other 80$ to spend to get the two versions ;__;
I hope that this generation will less look like robots D:

Kristin
03-02-2012, 09:11 PM
That's interesting, as I heard they also confirmed the release of Pokemon Grey in Japan this year and in the US next spring.
It's like Platinum is to D/P...same story, more stuff.

Solgaleo
03-02-2012, 09:40 PM
That's interesting, as I heard they also confirmed the release of Pokemon Grey in Japan this year and in the US next spring.
It's like Platinum is to D/P...same story, more stuff.

There isn't a Pokemon Grey....

The stuff that was rumored to be that game turned into Black 2 & White 2

I'm looking forward to the new games! I don't know which version I'll end up getting, though. I'm gonna have to wait until they're released in Japan, and go from there :3

ConnorJS
03-03-2012, 09:33 AM
They need to remake the first gen games before they start making sequels to this...

j03
03-03-2012, 10:02 AM
They already did. But I guess making them again would be nice. :P

Slasher
03-03-2012, 11:19 AM
1st generation is still the best in my opinion D: A DS game for it would be so nice! I would like an other version like HG/SS with your pokemon following you

J_L_K_64
03-03-2012, 01:42 PM

awww man i caught this 5 days ago, lol

but still, b2/w2? really? i been thinking about it, and all it's gunna be is the same story, but kyurem is gunna be different is all

GOAT
03-03-2012, 02:37 PM
If there are going to be tri-types now I am going to get so mad. Sorry, but I don't think I would like that at all. It's just too much.

Zane
03-03-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm hoping that the goal of the game is different than the usual 8 gym battles and then elite 4 if there going to make a squeal. Something different like the Pokemon Colosseum or Pokemon XD where they changed the goals a bit would be nice change of pace but keep in the usual pokemon battle gameplay.

GOAT
03-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Personally, even if they keep the standard, I wouldn't mind if they didn't make you do all the gyms linearly. But yes, they need to switch something up. I think that HG/SS did a lot of things right, so they should still look at that.

Chookity
03-10-2012, 11:32 PM
I usually like the newer pokemon games less and less...but it doesn't stop me from buying them and playing through them anyway :\ :/

Kura45
03-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Hope it'll be good.

thecooliest408
04-13-2012, 01:38 PM
I hope it will be a sequel and not just a remake. :|

J_L_K_64
04-13-2012, 01:48 PM
news is out, it kinda is a remake, it's in unova again, but part of unova is iced over, supposed to be 2 years after b/w, new trainers/gym leaders and of course there is the new kyurem forms

Frank12
04-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Anyone else waiting for a pokemon game that encompasses everything? Kind of like what Gold/Silver did with going back to Kanto? Except every game? I wouldn't even be mad if they took my pkmn away after each pkmn league, and nerfed the starter, like they did in the series.

thecooliest408
04-14-2012, 04:26 PM
that sounds sort of interesting. The whole iced over/new leaders thing. I'd be willing to play that I think... Assuming the iced over/landscape changes are substantial enough.

& Yes, an all-across leagues would be really cool. They could even make it so all of your Pokemon over a certain level at the end of each league could be held with Professor Oak for some reason. Like you play Kanto, beat league with Kanto with whatever pokes, then they take all your pokes over level 50 to store away and then you play through the next league where the average level of each trainer's pokes is around 50-70 throughout the game, then into the next region all pokes over level 70 are taken until you get to Unova and then it's like a level 100 region, and you get back all of your old pokes that Oak was holding for the last region. Could be interesting?

cloudxcrash
04-17-2012, 12:36 PM
In case you haven't seen the trailer:

My Japanese is soo rusty but uhm:
- New main characters
- New starting town
- New gym leaders
- New Pok

sarahbella
04-20-2012, 11:44 PM
Hmm interesting. Ill buy them of course.

I do think they should remake ruby and sapphire for ds before they do a black and white 2 so that's kind of disappointing.

DC Comics
04-21-2012, 08:14 PM
I still need to actually buy B/W, and when I saw this (just a few days ago) I decided it was time. I'll probably pick up a copy once finals are over.

I noticed above it said "gameplay through all regions" Does this mean we go through Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova? o.O Because that seems legen... wait for it..... DARY!

cloudxcrash
04-27-2012, 04:57 PM
I noticed above it said "gameplay through all regions" Does this mean we go through Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova? o.O Because that seems legen... wait for it..... DARY!

I'm not sure, as said, my Japanese is rusty. I'll look it up. And yah, visiting all regions would be effin sweet. <3

lastdeadriser
04-29-2012, 06:53 PM
i traded in my white i probaly wont get the new one (:

shadow772
06-03-2012, 11:12 PM
I so totally agree with you there. First generation is definitely the best Pokemon game to be released. The newer Pokemon games just doesn't look and feel like pocket monster.

esperanto
06-19-2012, 02:06 AM
Ugh I'm so far behind...I didn't even know there was a black and white. The last one I wanted to buy was the one that came with the pokemon walker, lol.

goldentryst
06-19-2012, 07:34 PM
I CAN'T WAAAAAIT!!!!

Brady
06-19-2012, 07:35 PM
I enjoyed Black & White.
I try to play through every game.
I'll probably download the Japanese ROM as soon as it comes out, just to play through it.