PDA

View Full Version : ✽ ☰ cK Gets Fit! ☰ ✽

rachel
01-13-2016, 10:19 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Welcome welcome, one and all!

As many of you know if you’ve ever tried to challenge yourself with a fitness-related goal, staying motivated and feeling truly challenged is significantly easier when you’ve got other people around to support you and keep you accountable. That’s what this little group/thread is here for!

Whether you’re a complete beginner and you have no idea what baby steps you need to take to get started or you’re a pro who is just looking to help others or find that extra little challenge for yourself, this thread is open to anyone and everyone at all fitness levels. The same is true if you’re looking to lose a lot of weight, just tone up, or even just supplement a fitness program you’re already following. We’re not here to judge; we’re here to support and motivate, no matter what our fitness goals are.

On this thread, you’ll find monthly challenges to participate in with me and any others who join (that is, if you accept them ;)), daily motivation, a section for your personal monthly goals, fitness app contact information if you need an accountability partner, motivational fitness journey stories, advice, healthy recipes, and more. Beyond that, I will be offering monthly prizes to those individuals who complete the monthly challenge with me as well as those who meet their own personal goals.

If you have any suggestions for the group/thread or ideas you’d like to see implemented, please don’t hesitate to PM me! I want this to be as beneficial as possible for as many people as possible. Also, if you have specific questions or concerns – whether about the best exercises to get started, technique, healthy eating, how to break bad habits, etc. – please don’t hesitate to post! That’s what we’re here for. If you don’t want to post publicly, you are also always more than welcome to PM me.

Sooooo cK, who wants to get fit?! Who’s with me?!

✽ ☰ MONTHLY CHALLENGE ☰ ✽
Instead of waiting until February to get started, who wants to join me with this daily challenge to finish out January?! Do this series of moves once every day – just follow the arrows! Too challenging? No worries – just cut the time/repetitions in half or modify as you need to (with push-ups on your knees, for example), but work to build your stamina up over the next 2 � weeks! Doing the best you can without quitting is always the goal! Too easy? You beast! How about increasing the time/reps to make it more challenging? ;) Let’s do this! Post here each day when you’ve completed your challenge!

If you’re uncertain about how to do something, just ask!

✽ ☰ MONTHLY GOALS ☰ ✽
Share your monthly goals by posting them on the board, and I’ll add them to the list!

rachel:

Complete monthly challenge
Go to gym for second workout 3x per week
Work out at least once per weekend
No sweets

@Cath:

Only eat pastas 1-2 times a week
Do the plank (1 minute) and three series of 10 push-ups everyday

@Mophead:

Cut out sweets entirely.
Cut down on soda.
3 sets of Push Ups, squats, pull ups through my Bosu Ball and Pull up bar. 3 sets of 3 sets of sit ups each day. One set during each set of push ups, alternating off. 120 seconds each, or 75 sit ups in total.
Plank position, twice a day, 5 minutes each.
2 sets of Plank Obliques a day, 60 seconds each and work up more time from there.
Eventually get into running again.

@Cougar:

Drink at least 64 ounces of water each day.
Run at least 4x a week.
Cut out soda, candies, & any other sweets!

✽ ☰ FITNESS APPS & BLOGS ☰ ✽
If you have an account with a fitness app or a fitness-related blog and feel comfortable sharing it with others so they can add you or follow you for support and motivation, please PM me or post here and I’ll add you to the list!

FitBit:
rachel: PM for it ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

✽ ☰ FITNESS JOURNEY MOTIVATION ☰ ✽
My plan is to include one motivational or encouraging fitness journey story here each month (or maybe each week). If you have a story of your own or favorite fitspo, please PM me! I’d love for these to be personal and specific to members on cK, but I find any motivational stories inspiring and encouraging!

Until the first fitsporation in February, though, anyone interested can check out my favorite fitness blog: motiveweight.tumblr.com ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

I love motiveweight because they only accept submissions with healthy weight loss practices. Every journey and every stage is celebrated, and it’s real people with real, healthy encouragement and progress updates about their own weight loss.

✽ ☰ PRIZES ☰ ✽
Alright, y’all! I’m no Daddy Warbucks and, compared to some of y’all, I suck at neopetting… but I will work to have some nice, secure/legit neo prizes available for those who complete the monthly challenge each month (or at least a majority of the days!), as well as for those who post and share their personal goals and work toward them.

At this point, I don’t want to overcommit myself on prizes, soooo let’s just say that everyone who participates in the daily challenge and posts here that they completed it every day (or nearly every day) AND everyone who posts their personal monthly goals and works to meet them will get a prize from me! It might be small, but there WILL be a prize!

For larger milestones and personal accomplishments, I’ll award larger prizes – VIP for a month, high-value ETS or NC, larger pools of NP, etc. So, let’s get to work!

Cath
01-13-2016, 10:25 PM
I love this! When I first saw that monthly challenge, I thought each bubble was 1 day... Now I get that we need to do ALL bubbles everyday?? I'm not sure if I can keep up with that much since I have never really worked out, but I'll definitely try exercising with you!

My monthly goal would be:
- Only eat pastas 1-2 times a week (instead of like.... almost everyday oops)
- Do the plank (1 minute) and three series of 10 push-ups everyday
- (more to come in Feb)

Maison
01-13-2016, 10:25 PM
I can buy people VIP for completing goals xDDDD

rachel
01-13-2016, 10:27 PM
I love this! When I first saw that monthly challenge, I thought each bubble was 1 day... Now I get that we need to do ALL bubbles everyday?? I'm not sure if I can keep up with that much since I have never really worked out, but I'll definitely try exercising with you!

My monthly goal would be:
- Only eat pastas 1-2 times a week (instead of like.... almost everyday oops)
- Do the plank (1 minute) and three series of 10 push-ups everyday
- (more to come in Feb)

Yes! It shouldn't be more than 15 minutes if the whole thing is done in series, but definitely feel free to cut the time or repetitions down! I'm for sure doing "girl push-ups" because I can't do regular ones for the life of me, haha, so any way that you need to modify it to make it work is a-okay, I think! :$

& I'll add your goals! You got this!
Also pasta is so good, mmmm.

looklook123123
01-13-2016, 10:27 PM
This is nice! I hope a lot of people get involved in this! I know I go to the gym 4x a week for the past month or so, and plan on continuing that.

Also, crunches / any type of situp is TERRIBLE for your back. My coach who just finished up his master's program on personal fitness readjusted our core workouts after (XC) practice to the extent where we never did any form of crunches, sit-ups or anything that closely resembled them due to his research and what he was taught.
So just be aware of this, if possible, you may want to do some sort of alternative on the crunches days for the core challenge!

Can't wait to see how many people get involved with this though :)

Mama Bear
01-13-2016, 10:30 PM
I'm trying to stick to a regime of walking at least 30 minutes every night. It's what my doctor cleared as safe for me through the pregnancy. If any of you have experienced Australian summer though, you'd see why this is hard to stick to (especially since I need to be very careful about overheating, since Poliwag can't regulate her temperature). We already wait until night, to minimise the heat, but some days are just uncooperative; those ones where the heat and humidity linger all night long are the days we skip.

rachel
01-13-2016, 10:34 PM
This is nice! I hope a lot of people get involved in this! I know I go to the gym 4x a week for the past month or so, and plan on continuing that.

Also, crunches / any type of situp is TERRIBLE for your back. My coach who just finished up his master's program on personal fitness readjusted our core workouts after (XC) practice to the extent where we never did any form of crunches, sit-ups or anything that closely resembled them due to his research and what he was taught.
So just be aware of this, if possible, you may want to do some sort of alternative on the crunches days for the core challenge!

Can't wait to see how many people get involved with this though :)

What are the alternatives? :o
I've never heard anything about crunches being bad for the back, just that it's important to balance them out with back exercises like supermans & what-not - I'll need to look into it!

Maybe I'll replace them with v-ups to avoid bending my back that way?

I'm trying to stick to a regime of walking at least 30 minutes every night. It's what my doctor cleared as safe for me through the pregnancy. If any of you have experienced Australian summer though, you'd see why this is hard to stick to (especially since I need to be very careful about overheating, since Poliwag can't regulate her temperature). We already wait until night, to minimise the heat, but some days are just uncooperative; those ones where the heat and humidity linger all night long are the days we skip.

Ahhhh, anything in the summer heat is hard for me to handle outside, so I can imagine how tough that is!
I have to do all my workouts indoors because I have absolutely no patience for uncooperative weather.

Sci_Girl
01-13-2016, 10:36 PM
That is an intense core challenge right there. Well...it is to me lol. I tried to do a crunch just now, could not lift myself up. Zero core strength, actually in the negative not even a zero lol. I will give it a shot though maybe skipping crunches and replacing with longer planks or jumping Jacks.

I can help with meal ideas, I am knowledgeable about food and the culinary arts. I can also do the nutrition side of things like what to avoid.

rachel
01-13-2016, 10:39 PM
That is an intense core challenge right there. Well...it is to me lol. I tried to do a crunch just now, could not lift myself up. Zero core strength, actually in the negative not even a zero lol. I will give it a shot though maybe skipping crunches and replacing with longer planks or jumping Jacks.

I can help with meal ideas, I am knowledgeable about food and the culinary arts. I can also do the nutrition side of things like what to avoid.

That would be awesome!!
I was thinking of preparing a related second thread specifically where people can post ONLY their healthy recipe suggestions, as a sort of "healthy recipe book" for people to browse or refer to when they're thinking of something to prepare.

I know I could sure use some meal suggestions!
Carbs are my downfall, so I have to be veeeeery careful, even when it comes to "healthy" carbs like brown rice, oats, and quinoa. :(

Cath
01-13-2016, 10:42 PM
I'm totally up for the recipes book thing! I really need to buy myself some new recipe books since I'm almost always eating the same things week after week. I also need to eat more healthy as I'm starting to get my old habits back. :(

rachel
01-13-2016, 10:45 PM
I'm totally up for the recipes book thing! I really need to buy myself some new recipe books since I'm almost always eating the same things week after week. I also need to eat more healthy as I'm starting to get my old habits back. :(

I just get so lazy when I'm only cooking for myself and find myself eating the same things over and over... so I get bored with it, and then I'm more tempted to go out and get food.
I'd love to have a reference for quick, easy, healthy recipes that I could use to switch things up!

Aska
01-13-2016, 11:56 PM
Hm I guess my goal is to stick with a routine. I get so bored easily with a lot of these routines. There's a yoga routine for cellulite that I really want to stick with so I can work on my thighs.
I'd also like to lose five pounds but that's just personal. Not because I need to.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

fairydust201
01-14-2016, 12:41 AM
there's a few fitness apps out there that's great like nike training club app and pump it up pump it up
is like instagram for weight lose and they have work out tuts as well :D

Using My Pass
01-15-2016, 11:36 AM
If i can find suitable alternatives, v would it be okay if I participate? My body is a bit shit healthi-wise so I have some physical restrictions. I don't expect to qualify for prizes but I'd love to see if the social way motivates me!

I've got a lot of weight to lose from a mixture of bad meds, studying & just eating like a grub this year Grr.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Mophead
01-16-2016, 02:20 AM
Completely missed this going up, but I'm definitely down!

My monthly challenge would be -

- Cut out sweets entirely. I eat almost none as it is.
- Cut down on soda. Instead of 2 or 3 a day, I wanna try for 1 every other day at most.
- 3 sets of Push Ups, squats, pull ups through my Bosu Ball and Pull up bar. 3 sets of 3 sets of sit ups each day. One set during each set of push ups, alternating off. 120 seconds each, or 75 sit ups in total.
- Plank position, twice a day, 5 minutes each.
- 2 sets of Plank Obliques a day, 60 seconds each and work up more time from there.
- Eventually get into running again. This may be the only one I cut corners on due to several respiratory issues.

I don't know if I'm setting the bar too high for myself initially, but the last time I tried any sort of exercise regime, I was able to manage this stuff. So fingers crossed to hoping I can at least do that. :P

Would before/after pictures be a thing too? Posting them after the results or something?
I don't wanna be the only one awkwardly posting pictures hahaha

Teal
01-16-2016, 02:33 AM
This is great, I'm going to post my goals tomorrow.
And get on that daily challenge!

Thank you for this!

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

I was actually thinking about making an Instagram or teaming with people over FitBit. (If anyone has one!)
That would be awesome.

Teal
01-17-2016, 10:25 PM
Monthly Goals:

Drink at least 64 ounces of water each day.
Run at least 4x a week.
Cut out soda, candies, & any other sweets!

potatoespotate
01-17-2016, 11:53 PM
I totally missed this coming up! I'd def love to give the workout a try. My problem is honestly less with working out (since I LOVE it!! well depends on what kinds of workouts) and more of controlling my diet. there's always desserts at home these days and I just can't help but to binge especially if I've had a particularly bad day with work and traffic... =/ I do make an effort to make it to the gym after work though.

just to clarify, bridge is like the ones with just your legs lifting your body right? not the one where you use your hands as well? I'll def give the whole workout a shot when I get home later. I hope it doesn't rain too so I can bring my dog for a run since I don't gym Mondays. :P

txtsd
01-18-2016, 01:04 AM
Wow this looks intense af. I've been trying to stick with a workout routine since last September-ish, but I'm way too lazy, and the depression doesn't help at all.

So I got started on a ketogenic diet instead, and I've lost 20lbs since the beginning of December. Easy peasy. I don't get to eat any sugary/carbs-y foods, but I get to eat tons of cream and cheese and cream cheese, and mayo, and fat/butter/oil, and eggs, and meat, and seafood, and broccoli, and mushrooms, and lettuce.

potatoespotate
01-18-2016, 09:12 AM
Well, it didn't rain but I didn't run like I said I would. I just walked the dog and did the monthly challenge today. It's pretty tough, I couldn't complete some of the bubble sets without taking a short break. The time based ones I held out till my timer went off haha..

Teal
01-18-2016, 02:11 PM
Time to go on a run today! Whoo.. going to aim for at least a mile. D:
Super out of shape.

May aim for 2 depending on how I feel.

Mophead
01-19-2016, 02:45 PM
Update from my initial goal.

- 3 sets of push ups consist of 20 push ups, 3x per set. [√]
- 3 sets of pulls was modified slightly from my initial plan. Doing 3 sets of 15, 3x a day. [√]
- 3 sets of sit ups a day, 120 seconds each or 75 per set [x]
Way too out of it for that, kills my stomach and messes with my neck. 90% it's because I'm too bony to not hurt my back and do them properly.
Making 75 per set/120 seconds per set an end month goal. Lowering to 50 sit ups per set/ 75 seconds per set.
- Plank position twice a day, 5 minutes each [√]
Raising that to twice a day 7 1/2 minutes per set.
- 2 sets of Plank Obliques 60 seconds per [√]
Raising to 2 sets 75 seconds per.
- Running [x]
Killing me after a phneumothorax and severe Asthma. Will eventually get back into it. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

- Also going to take a note from Cougar's book and try to drink 48 - 64 oz of water a day.
Want to detox all this shit out of me.

rachel
01-19-2016, 03:20 PM
You all are amazing. <3

I just got home from my vacation and will finally be able to update this and read everything and respond accordingly... after I get home from work and have a nap.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Lizerd
01-19-2016, 09:00 PM
Sad I didn't see this earlier. Has anyone suggested that we all do like myfitnesspal or something? Mine's serrahleijon if anyone wants to yell at me for not properly weighing myself ;p

My monthly goal is to have walked every day (lmao that's already done for) and to try to at least do SOMETHING to exercise every day.
I mostly want to work on my stomach, so I want to try to get a good small morning workout going, and something to do before bed. Maybe like 50 sit ups in total a day or something? I'm bad at fitness, I'd love advice.

Starting in Febuary I want to start cutting out sweets altogether (except chocolate covered strawberries, the only acceptable V-Day gift :D).

Teal
01-19-2016, 09:23 PM
Serrah

I used to use MFP but I stopped.
Since buying a FitBit and they have an application, I've gotten pretty lazy and just do everything on there. xD
But I wouldn't be opposed to making one again!

Do you count calories?

Lizerd
01-19-2016, 09:24 PM
Serrah

I used to use MFP but I stopped.
Since buying a FitBit and they have an application, I've gotten pretty lazy and just do everything on there. xD
But I wouldn't be opposed to making one again!

Do you count calories?

I count calories and pair it with mapmyfitness to count my walking workouts as well. I don't have the money to buy a fitbit, maybe if the place I applied to ever calls me back!

01-19-2016, 10:43 PM
But should I do this and record it??

Water
01-19-2016, 11:45 PM
This is such a great idea! How are your goals going? rachel Cath Cougar

Does anyone have fitbits?

I recently signed up to the gym for Jetts, so ready to push myself!

Maison
01-19-2016, 11:49 PM
This is such a great idea! How are your goals going? rachel Cath Cougar

Does anyone have fitbits?

I recently signed up to the gym for Jetts, so ready to push myself!

I WAS GOING TO BUY A FITBIT TODAY ACTUALLY!!! omg Atlas told me about them and I saw them today while at the store and I was contemplating buying it!! I didn't though:(

Zachafer
01-19-2016, 11:50 PM

I can get you a deal on fitbit

Water
01-19-2016, 11:50 PM
I WAS GOING TO BUY A FITBIT TODAY ACTUALLY!!! omg Atlas told me about them and I saw them today while at the store and I was contemplating buying it!! I didn't though:(

Buy it, we can be fitbit friends and challenge each other!! Get on it FURBY~

Maison
01-19-2016, 11:54 PM
Buy it, we can be fitbit friends and challenge each other!! Get on it FURBY~

OMG YOU STILL CALL ME FURBY EVEN ON HERE LMAO

Okay!! Sounds like a plan!

Cath
01-19-2016, 11:56 PM
Water, to be honest, I still haven't really started yet. :( I have a lack of motivation, but told myself I'd run tomorrow and do some push-ups + plank.

Water
01-19-2016, 11:59 PM
Cath you can do it! you've got this in the bag, the month isn't over!

Cath
01-20-2016, 12:04 AM
Thank you Water! I just get so easily unmotivated when I think about what I would do if I actually lost the weight that I want to lose. I mean, I love eating desserts so much it's ridiculous. I feel like even if I did lose weight, I couldn't maintain it as I hate exercising so much... :smilet-digitalpoint I need to figure out if I'd have the strength to keep some good habits instead of falling back into my old ones if the weight loss actually happens!

Teal
01-20-2016, 12:06 AM
January 19th, 2015

So, I've been slacking but here is my diary for today!
I decided I'm going to do my best to log my food & water.. and everything.
Don't mind me but I want this to motivate me more.

Height: 5'6"
Body Type: Pear

SW: 125 - 130? :S
CW: I haven't weighed myself yet.
GW: 115

FOOD INTAKE:

Breakfast:

1 Slice of White Bread
Natural Creamy Peanut Butter (2 tbps)
Concord Grape Jelly (2 tbps)
Total: 390 cals

Dinner:
Half Fillet of Lemon & Thyme Salmon
Chicken & Mushroom Rice
1 Ear of Corn
Total: 760 cals

Snacks:
Fortune Cookie (x2)
Total: 60 cals

TOTAL CALORIE INTAKE: 1,210
TOTAL CALORIE OUT: 1,934

649 cals left for the day!

I definitely need to eat more; it's been hard getting the hang of grocery shopping, but I've been trying to cook more! Hopefully, I can fix my meal scheduling and incorporate some healthier wholesome meals.
Did eat some sweets today..

WATER INTAKE:

I drank 64 ounces of water!
Been trying to flavor my water, which has been good. I need to buy more fruits...

WORKOUT:

FitBit Stats:

10,674 steps
5.02 miles
Roughly 2,000 calories burned

I ran 2 miles on the treadmill today! My pace was about 10 min. per mile which I really need to improve! I used to be able to run a mile in 6:30.. :( I've been so out of shape and I'm hoping I can shave time.
I took a cool down for 10 minutes.
(Burned a total of 233 calories doing this)

After, I completed the DAILY CHALLENGE!
I did my best, but had some trouble with the bridges. I held the first bridge for 30 seconds instead of a minute and skipped the second bridge.
My back is still achy from my car accident in December so I need to slowly build it back up.

After the challenge, did some much needed stretching and yoga poses.

Feeling accomplished today!
I hope I can keep this up.

Maison
01-20-2016, 12:08 AM
January 19th, 2015

So, I've been slacking but here is my diary for today!
I decided I'm going to do my best to log my food & water.. and everything.
Don't mind me but I want this to motivate me more.

FOOD INTAKE:

Breakfast:

1 Slice of White Bread
Natural Creamy Peanut Butter (2 tbps)
Concord Grape Jelly (2 tbps)
Total: 390 cals

Dinner:
Half Fillet of Lemon & Thyme Salmon
Chicken & Mushroom Rice
1 Ear of Corn
Total: 760 cals

Snacks:
Fortune Cookie (x2)
Total: 60 cals

TOTAL CALORIE INTAKE: 1,210
TOTAL CALORIE OUT: 1,934

649 cals left for day!

I definitely need to eat more; it's been hard getting the hang of grocery shopping, but I've been trying to cook more! Hopefully, I can fix my meal scheduling and incorporate some healthier wholesome meals.
Did eat some sweets today..

WATER INTAKE:

I drank 64 ounces of water!
Been trying to flavor my water, which has been good. I need to buy more fruits...

WORKOUT:

FitBit Stats:

10,674 steps
5.02 miles
Roughly 2,000 calories burned

I ran 2 miles on the treadmill today! My pace was about 10 min. per mile which I really need to improve! I used to be able to run a mile in 6:30.. :( I've been so out of shape and I'm hoping I can shave time.
I took a cool down for 10 minutes.
(Burned a total of 233 calories doing this)

After, I completed the DAILY CHALLENGE!
I did my best, but had some trouble with the bridges. I held the first bridge for 30 seconds instead of a minute and skipped the second bridge.
My back is still achy from my car accident in December so I need to slowly build it back up.

After the challenge, did some much needed stretching and yoga poses.

Feeling accomplished today!
I hope I can keep this up.

O.M.G talk about hashtag motivated!!!!

Water
01-20-2016, 12:09 AM
Cath oh desserts are the best, I don't blame you lol! You should try incorporating fruit into your desert(half icecream with a banana), thats how i get my sugar kick lol xD

Teal
01-20-2016, 12:11 AM
O.M.G talk about hashtag motivated!!!!

I'm tired of being unhappy with my body. :(
Gotta make a change now!

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Cath oh desserts are the best, I don't blame you lol! You should try incorporating fruit into your desert(half icecream with a banana), thats how i get my sugar kick lol xD

I got a FitBit! LET'S CONNECT. <3

potatoespotate
01-20-2016, 02:13 AM
Thank you Water! I just get so easily unmotivated when I think about what I would do if I actually lost the weight that I want to lose. I mean, I love eating desserts so much it's ridiculous. I feel like even if I did lose weight, I couldn't maintain it as I hate exercising so much... :smilet-digitalpoint I need to figure out if I'd have the strength to keep some good habits instead of falling back into my old ones if the weight loss actually happens!

Baby steps all the way! restricting yourself to 2 pasta meals a week is a good start! :D How're you doing on that department btw?
You could get out there and experiment with a variety of meals, maybe you'll find something healthy you love as much as you do desserts? I think there are tons of recipes out there to make healthier versions of certain foodstuff, where they substitute refined grains and sugar for some healthier options or something. If you adopt a healthy lifestyle which you love slowly over time, you'd be more likely to stick to it. :) sometimes it's really access to the foodstuff and the lack of time to prep all these foods for healthy eating that restricts us though.. =/

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

I'm tired of being unhappy with my body. :(
Gotta make a change now!

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

That's the spirit! You can do it!! :D

Cath
01-20-2016, 02:29 AM
Baby steps all the way! restricting yourself to 2 pasta meals a week is a good start! :D How're you doing on that department btw?
You could get out there and experiment with a variety of meals, maybe you'll find something healthy you love as much as you do desserts? I think there are tons of recipes out there to make healthier versions of certain foodstuff, where they substitute refined grains and sugar for some healthier options or something. If you adopt a healthy lifestyle which you love slowly over time, you'd be more likely to stick to it. :) sometimes it's really access to the foodstuff and the lack of time to prep all these foods for healthy eating that restricts us though.. =/

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Thank you for your helpful post! That makes me want to go shopping to get myself some recipes books! It would definitely be easier to cook myself some meals if I knew what to cook. I'm actually going shopping next tuesday, so I'll definitely make this my priority! + I have been able to restrict myself to only 2 pasta meals a week so far, so I guess that's a good start! I'm taking this whole weight loss very slowly, but hopefully this will make it easier to make drastic changes on my health in the long run!

Teal
01-20-2016, 02:44 AM

Thank you! It's harder when you're doing it on your own, I feel.
I always had to workout with someone or.. be apart of a team.

01-20-2016, 05:05 PM
I can get you a deal on fitbit

yea the deal is i owe u money and i send u the fitbit xD

potatoespotate
01-20-2016, 07:05 PM
Thank you for your helpful post! That makes me want to go shopping to get myself some recipes books! It would definitely be easier to cook myself some meals if I knew what to cook. I'm actually going shopping next tuesday, so I'll definitely make this my priority! + I have been able to restrict myself to only 2 pasta meals a week so far, so I guess that's a good start! I'm taking this whole weight loss very slowly, but hopefully this will make it easier to make drastic changes on my health in the long run!

you can also try googling them, or look up reviews on the books before you get them. & good job so far! :D y'know what they say, slow and steady wins the race.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Thank you! It's harder when you're doing it on your own, I feel.
I always had to workout with someone or.. be apart of a team.

I totally get this! I'm a lot more motivated when I have other people working out with me. Makes me push myself harder. On my own, sometimes I feel tired and just give up halfway. =/ Or I do get the workout done, but at a much lower intensity since I just don't push myself that hard alone.

01-20-2016, 07:18 PM
you can also try googling them, or look up reviews on the books before you get them. & good job so far! :D y'know what they say, slow and steady wins the race.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

I totally get this! I'm a lot more motivated when I have other people working out with me. Makes me push myself harder. On my own, sometimes I feel tired and just give up halfway. =/ Or I do get the workout done, but at a much lower intensity since I just don't push myself that hard alone.

It's been proven when you workout with someone, you do get better results. :]

Sci_Girl
01-20-2016, 10:20 PM
I'm reading that some people have issues with their food being bland. This is understandable if you are not used to eating the healthy way. You do not need to limit yourself to plain chicken breast and steamed broccoli with a side of salad over and over.

A few pointers:

- you can still eat meat. You do not need to have a plain flavorless chicken breast portion as your only meat protein. If you want chicken breast that is perfectly alright but dress it up so it is not so blah. Fish species are a wonder food for its omega 3's and protein content. Salmon, sardines, cod, haddock, talapia are all very good choices. The fresher the better. Salmon is the kingpin of fish to eat for the health benefits. Look for Alaskan or Atlantic salmon but avoid pink salmon though as it is of absolute terrible quality. Best results for cooking fish are poaching, baking or steaming. Bit of lemon slices, dill, salt and pepper are all that is needed. If you like pork then go for the pork tenderloin. It is the leanest of the pork cuts and you can still trim away visible fat before you cook it.

-dress up your food. Add some lemon juice to your bland steamed broccoli or carrots. It's amazing how a quick bit of lemon can really make a meal that much better. Do not be afraid of spices. You can add spices as long as it is not a premade version. No shake and bake, no marinades or rubs from the condiment isle, no pre marinated meats from the meat department. Too much sodium and sugar in those. Make the rubs, the marinades, the mixtures on your own. You can control the sodium and sugar that way. Safe marinade for nearly any piece of meat: olive oil, lemon zest, fresh herbs of your choosing, bit of dijon (optional), salt and pepper. That will work for nearly everything. Another favorite rub is equal parts paprika, cumin, garlic and onion powder.

Do not be afraid to even sprinkle some spices on plain rice. Again spices are fine as long as it is not premade. Turmeric on plain rice is good, or chili powder and lime juice I sometimes do as well.

Teal
01-22-2016, 02:26 PM
January 20th, 2015

BREAK DAY! It was much needed - my body was sore and I went to the chiropractor and decided to take it easy after getting a few adjustments.

January 21st, 2015

I really didn't want to workout today, but I pushed myself to.
I didn't eat too well and I woke up today feeling real sick.
I need to fix my diet.

FOOD INTAKE:

Breakfast:
Half Portion of Orange Chicken
Half Portion of Teriyaki Chicken
Half Portion of Chow Mein
Total: 603 cals

Yeah, I ate Panda for breakfast..

Dinner:
Vegetable Cobb Salad
Total: 850 cals

TOTAL CALORIE INTAKE: 1,453
TOTAL CALORIE OUT: 1,972

269 cals left for the day

WATER INTAKE:

I drank 48 ounces of water!
Need to drink more wata!

WORKOUT:

FitBit Stats:

9,140 steps
4.3 miles
1,972 calories burned

I decided to go for a walk with my puppy, Oliver. I knew I needed to workout, but I thought I would start by going on a walk.
There's a park right across from my apartment and I decided I would explore.

I walked down next to the golf course that's across the street and found a little recreation area that continued into a narrow trail. I followed the trail which surrounded the golf course. Later, I discovered there was a river and a lake right next to it! It was beautiful and it's a shame I haven't explored this area, considering I've been living here for the past 6 months.

While I was on the trail, I decided to start running.
Oliver was running left and right and after a few minutes, he started to run properly with me, by my side.
It was such an amazing experience. Working out with your pet is great!
We lasted 2 miles and he did so well! He did try to chase every squirrel though.

[Only registered and activated users can see links] ?oh=b014df2ef42e4973c3f9a496a2dce74c&oe=5745405E

After, I went home and gave him a bath because he was gross.
Once I finished bathing him, I started on the daily challenge!
I took my time with it, I skipped doing the bridges though because my back can't handle it yet.

It was much easier to do the pushups and crunches, which surprised me!
Just gotta be consistent. :P

Teal
01-24-2016, 12:46 PM
January 22nd, 2015

BREAK DAY!

January 23rd, 2015

SW: 130
CW: 130

I did not log food today - I ate a bit more than I usually do and incorporated healthier foods into my diet.
I did eat some candy though.. doh!
I think I went a bit over my calorie goal which is 1,200.

WATER INTAKE:

I drank 48 ounces of water!

WORKOUT:

FitBit Stats:

9,486 steps
4.8 miles
1,961 calories burned

I took off my FitBit and left it at home, so my stats should be higher, but it's all good!

JD and I went running together - we ran 3 miles at the park. It was tough adding on another mile, but I ran through it.
Ran through all the cramps and made it.

rachel
01-24-2016, 02:00 PM
Finally got caught up on this after my vacation!
Not even gonna lie, I have *not* been doing well.
My daily workouts are consistent, but my diet has been awful and I just really need to make some changes.
SO.
This next week.
For friggin' real.
Things are getting real again.

Crazy mad shout-out to Cougar who has been killing it.
Proud of you, girl!! Inspiring for sure.
Maybe I need to start a food diary of sorts so that keeps me accountable.

Also, I'm 100% down to get MFP again or to connect with my FitBit - but someone might have to explain to me how to do that one? LOL, I don't know how to give people my account for FitBit or anything.
I've also been really awful at wearing it because I always let it die, but that starts again tomorrow, too.

Teal
01-24-2016, 02:04 PM
Also, I'm 100% down to get MFP again or to connect with my FitBit - but someone might have to explain to me how to do that one? LOL, I don't know how to give people my account for FitBit or anything.
I've also been really awful at wearing it because I always let it die, but that starts again tomorrow, too.

Thank you so much! :$ I don't know how to connect my MFP with my FitBit, apparently you have to BUY an app to make them connect. I tried so hard and decided to log my food on my FitBit diary, but MFP has such better food entries. :/

And you can give them your email you used for it! Or account name, I think!

rachel
01-24-2016, 02:20 PM
Thank you so much! :$ I don't know how to connect my MFP with my FitBit, apparently you have to BUY an app to make them connect. I tried so hard and decided to log my food on my FitBit diary, but MFP has such better food entries. :/

Give her a try?

Ghosts
01-24-2016, 02:38 PM

Check this out:

I think that's the way I did it. :P It lets me log food through MFP and grabs my calories burned for the day from FitBit to show me how much I have left to eat based on whatever +/- I set.

Teal
01-24-2016, 03:15 PM
Check this out:

I think that's the way I did it. :P It lets me log food through MFP and grabs my calories burned for the day from FitBit to show me how much I have left to eat based on whatever +/- I set.

Thanks! It grabs my steps, but for some weird reason, won't grab my calories burned. >:
Might to just have to manually do it.

NEVERMIND! You actually have to go into the settings and allow negative adjustments and it'll add your FitBit calories burned!

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Also my MFP is: lexais!

Allegra
01-24-2016, 04:33 PM
This is such a good idea!

My monthly goals:
-Run 3-4 times a week, with at least one longer run (9 km plus)
-Do resistance training 3 times a week
-Only have one 'cheat' meal a week
-drink 3L of water daily
-drop 3-4 kilos

Also, if anyone has been interested in Kayla Itsines' program (instagram her, very popular) but doesn't want to spend a bomb on her workout guides, I'm happy to send them to clraik members for free :)

rachel
01-24-2016, 05:11 PM
NEVERMIND! You actually have to go into the settings and allow negative adjustments and it'll add your FitBit calories burned!

Ooo, good to know!
I was trying to figure that out, too.
I'll need to go back in and set up my MFP again.

My monthly goals:
-drink 3L of water daily
-drop 3-4 kilos

Also, if anyone has been interested in Kayla Itsines' program (instagram her, very popular) but doesn't want to spend a bomb on her workout guides, I'm happy to send them to clraik members for free :)

Awesomeeee!!
I did her BBG for a few weeks, but my leg muscles started to give out & I physically couldn't do it anymore... I think I strained one hard trying to do too many lunges when my muscles weren't used to that at all.
I really enjoyed it, though!
Maybe I'll try and get back into it now that I'm a little more prepared.
That is so awesome of you to offer it!!

Allegra
01-24-2016, 11:04 PM
Ooo, good to know!
I was trying to figure that out, too.
I'll need to go back in and set up my MFP again.

Awesomeeee!!
I did her BBG for a few weeks, but my leg muscles started to give out & I physically couldn't do it anymore... I think I strained one hard trying to do too many lunges when my muscles weren't used to that at all.
I really enjoyed it, though!
Maybe I'll try and get back into it now that I'm a little more prepared.
That is so awesome of you to offer it!!

Oh my goodness, tell me about it. It's definitely not easy!

Mophead
01-25-2016, 01:39 AM

My monthly goals:
-drink 3L of water daily
-drop 3-4 kilos

I'd be pretty interested in seeing those guides! I've got no actual guides to go off of right now, so I'd be down to see em!
I'll even throw you a UC or something since you already paid for them. To help cover some expenses. :)

Allegra
01-25-2016, 06:07 AM
I'd be pretty interested in seeing those guides! I've got no actual guides to go off of right now, so I'd be down to see em!
I'll even throw you a UC or something since you already paid for them. To help cover some expenses. :)

Pm me! :)

rachel
01-25-2016, 11:30 AM
Getting my fitness on right now and recommitted to my water goal, wearing my FitBit, and logging my calorie intake, thanks to you lovely people! We'll see how it goes. I'll share today's food journal tonight!

I have two upcoming weddings in a few months, one in my hometown and one with some of my sorority sisters I haven't seen in years... I want to be able to stay the course, control my cravings, and blow them all away when I see them again!!

Teal
01-25-2016, 01:23 PM
You get it girl!
I'm joining you with this!

I need to lose 15 pounds and hope I can achieve that by the summer! (or even before...)

01-25-2016, 03:16 PM
I BELIEVE IN YOU ALL!

LET'S GET THIS DONE
It's so hard.
:|

-Chicken Arm Master

rachel
01-25-2016, 04:24 PM
I BELIEVE IN YOU ALL!

LET'S GET THIS DONE
It's so hard.
:|

-Chicken Arm Master

By the time we're done here, those chicken arms are gonna be BUFFALO WINGS!!!!

Teal
01-25-2016, 05:02 PM
My FitBit stats are going to be so bad today since I have work and school.
Sitting all day sucks. D:

rachel
01-25-2016, 05:07 PM
My FitBit stats are going to be so bad today since I have work and school.
Sitting all day sucks. D:

I need to get in my second workout tonight.
I added in weight training during my first workout which means that I usually don't hit my 10k step goal because I'm stationary instead of moving for all that time! :(
Sitting all day DEFINITELY sucks.

Teal
01-25-2016, 05:08 PM
I need to get in my second workout tonight.
I added in weight training during my first workout which means that I usually don't hit my 10k step goal because I'm stationary instead of moving for all that time! :(
Sitting all day DEFINITELY sucks.

Damn, two workouts? That's motivation!
What do you for the first and what do you do for the second?

rachel
01-25-2016, 05:12 PM
Damn, two workouts? That's motivation!
What do you for the first and what do you do for the second?

The first is just ~ 30 minutes on the elliptical (the "weight loss" program, which is 28 minutes), and then I spend another 25-30 minutes doing weights.
I've been trying to focus on seated fly press, deadlifts, weighted squats, tricep curls, abs, & usually a few other things, depending on what I feel like.

My second workout is usually just an at-home workout video or heading to the gym for another casual 30 minutes on the elliptical and every once in a while some weight machines that I don't have at my work gym.
Nothing too crazy, but my diet has been awful lately, so I've been trying really hard to combat it.

01-25-2016, 06:09 PM
Ooh lala deadlifts
Sound's fun

googleport
01-25-2016, 06:26 PM
I am on fitbit and MFP, I do not know how to friend people on fitbit though but MFP is danmarbar.
15.5 LBs down in a little over a month and a half.
Of course thats when I wasn't on Neo xD

rachel
01-26-2016, 09:22 AM
That's awesome, googleport! Congrats on the progress!!

Would anyone maybe be interested in a nightly TC workout or something? Sounds silly, but if we found some good YouTube workout vids and one of the mods could get it going for us, might be kinda fun to know other people elsewhere are being tortured, too? Hahaha.

Teal
01-26-2016, 10:34 AM
That's awesome, googleport! Congrats on the progress!!

Would anyone maybe be interested in a nightly TC workout or something? Sounds silly, but if we found some good YouTube workout vids and one of the mods could get it going for us, might be kinda fun to know other people elsewhere are being tortured, too? Hahaha.

I AM SO DOWN FOR THIS!
We should also do TC yoga sessions. <3

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

I also want to start trying to hoop..
Hula hooping is a great workout and it's fun!

But it's hard.

rachel
01-26-2016, 11:18 AM
I AM SO DOWN FOR THIS!
We should also do TC yoga sessions. <3

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

I also want to start trying to hoop..
Hula hooping is a great workout and it's fun!

But it's hard.
I'm down for yoga! I've always wanted to try it, but I have no idea where to start. With a group would be a lot more fun.

I've also never tried hooping, but I have a friend who does and it looks so cool.
I also would not know where to start for that, and I can't even hula hoop lol

Teal
01-26-2016, 01:30 PM
I'm down for yoga! I've always wanted to try it, but I have no idea where to start. With a group would be a lot more fun.

I've also never tried hooping, but I have a friend who does and it looks so cool.
I also would not know where to start for that, and I can't even hula hoop lol

It's quite hard.. practice I suppose!
JD's sister is starting to hoop, it looks like a lot of fun but she says you get bruises EVERYWHERE.

I guess we could play YT videos on TC!

rachel
01-27-2016, 07:15 AM
One of my coworkers makes delicious eclair cake, and it's in the fridge just staring at me, taunting me... damn him. It looks so good.

But I will be stronggggggg.

Teal
01-27-2016, 11:23 AM
January 26th, 2015

I've been getting kind of bad at logging, but I'm going to do my best to log everyday.
Follow me on MFP: lexais!

SW: 130
CW: 130

FOOD INTAKE:

Breakfast:

KIND Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Protein Bar
Total: 200 cals

Lunch:
2 Sunny Side Eggs
Portabella Veggie Patty
Total: 240 cals

Dinner:
Philly's Best Cheesesteak
Total: 790 cals

TOTAL CALORIE INTAKE: 1,200
TOTAL CALORIE OUT: 2,699

Still need to eat better.
I was craving a cheesesteak so bad, but avoided the side of fries or anything else.
It kept me full for the rest of the night.

WATER INTAKE:

I drank over 8 cups of water!
I've noticed the more water I'm drinking, the more I want.
It's been pretty great!

WORKOUT:

FitBit Stats:

20,456 steps
9.41 miles
2,699 calories burned

I ran 3 miles yesterday at the park. Adding the extra mile has been a challenge, but I feel great.
I ran at about a 10 minute per mile pace, finishing the run in 30 minutes.
My goal is to get to a good running pace and get my 3 mile under 25 minutes - for now.
A little sore, but it's an amazing kind of sore. My legs feel stronger already and I wake up with more energy.
I want to do more and be more active; I want to achieve my goal.

Later, 5252 and I did 100 squats and some push ups over webcam! My arms are super weak and I could hardly do any.
I hope I can work on this!

rachel
01-27-2016, 12:51 PM
Dang girl Cougar you're blowing me away!!

For real, when I got your fitbit stats and badge notifications yesterday, I was blown away! I struggle to get 10 flights of stairs and you got 50?! Good lawd.

I've been good about logging my meals on MFP, but bad about posting them here, haha. I also need to drink more water, I'm only getting ~32-48 ounces right now. :(

Teal
01-27-2016, 12:55 PM
Dang girl Cougar you're blowing me away!!

For real, when I got your fitbit stats and badge notifications yesterday, I was blown away! I struggle to get 10 flights of stairs and you got 50?! Good lawd.

I've been good about logging my meals on MFP, but bad about posting them here, haha. I also need to drink more water, I'm only getting ~32-48 ounces right now. :(

I try to take the stairs as often as I can! Ditch the elevator! Had a long day at school so that helped.
I know you could probably do the StairMaster machine at the gym and get a ton of floors!

Drinking water helps so much and I see major improvements in my skin, it's great!
Do you work at a job where you get to walk a lot, by the way?

rachel
01-27-2016, 01:01 PM
I try to take the stairs as often as I can! Ditch the elevator! Had a long day at school so that helped.
I know you could probably do the StairMaster machine at the gym and get a ton of floors!

Drinking water helps so much and I see major improvements in my skin, it's great!
Do you work at a job where you get to walk a lot, by the way?
Well, my FitBit at least uses barometric pressure to determine stairs, so there has to be an actual elevation change for it to count... so stairmasters don't work :( not sure about other models, though!

I try and take the stairs as much as possible and have started going out of my way to the downstairs bathroom to get more in even though I don't have to, but it's hard because I work on all the same level. :( I hardly ever get to walk around at work, too, so I try and get up as much as I can, but most of my steps are during my workouts.

Teal
01-27-2016, 01:04 PM
Well, my FitBit at least uses barometric pressure to determine stairs, so there has to be an actual elevation change for it to count... so stairmasters don't work :( not sure about other models, though!

I try and take the stairs as much as possible and have started going out of my way to the downstairs bathroom to get more in even though I don't have to, but it's hard because I work on all the same level. :( I hardly ever get to walk around at work, too, so I try and get up as much as I can, but most of my steps are during my workouts.

Oh, you might be right. I was going uphill and it counted floors. I haven't tried the stair master yet.
Does it count steps on the elliptical?

rachel
01-27-2016, 01:06 PM
Oh, you might be right. I was going uphill and it counted floors. I haven't tried the stair master yet.
Does it count steps on the elliptical?
Yes, luckily!

I do most of my cardio workouts on the elliptical, so I know that definitely works!

Teal
01-27-2016, 01:08 PM
Yes, luckily!

I do most of my cardio workouts on the elliptical, so I know that definitely works!

Oh, that's awesome! I have an elliptical in my apartment's gym, so that would be great.
I haven't used one in years!

googleport
01-27-2016, 02:56 PM
My fitbit is also based on pressure, at work walking in and out of the cooler counts as a flight of stairs.
I unfortunately kinda didn't count calories on MFP (danmarbar is my name there) this weekend and gained three pounds so oooppppssss.

rachel
01-27-2016, 09:34 PM
My fitbit is also based on pressure, at work walking in and out of the cooler counts as a flight of stairs.
I unfortunately kinda didn't count calories on MFP (danmarbar is my name there) this weekend and gained three pounds so oooppppssss.
Haha that's crazy about the coolers! Who would have guessed. & weekends are my worst times for sure. :( time to get back on the wagon!! You got this.

I'm aiming for 20k step badge today and I'm pretty close with 8 minutes left of my second workout! *fingers crossed*

Teal
01-28-2016, 12:32 AM
Today is going to suck for me. Monday's and Wednesday's are the worst activity. :(

rachel
01-28-2016, 08:21 AM
Today is going to suck for me. Monday's and Wednesday's are the worst activity. :(
Go out for a jogggggg! You can do it! I believe in youuuuuuu.

Weekends are my struggle times. I'm going to have to kick my butt into gear to go to the gym on Saturday and Sunday, no excuses.

Teal
01-28-2016, 11:56 AM
I can't believe I'm posting this but here.

I can't wait to get rid of these love handles and strengthen my core and my legs.
I've had love handles for YEARS and I'm so tired of them.. and they're the hardest to get rid of.
I know this isn't the best picture and I wanted to post some pictures so I can see my progress.
Yes, the lighting is terrible for the reason I'm self conscious.

I hope I can become a confident person and fall in love with my body someday.
I've been called fat/chubby in high school.
I was actually much heavier and shorter, so you can get an idea.
It fucked with me and fucked with me until this very day.

I want to beat that.
I want to get rid of that self-consciousness and love my body.
Here we go.

01-28-2016, 01:54 PM
yes
u go girl! BELIEF! POSITIVITY
every day for every damn person.

That's all you need in working out motivation.

I love this thread

Lyric
01-28-2016, 01:59 PM

I can't wait to get rid of these love handles and strengthen my core and my legs.
I've had love handles for YEARS and I'm so tired of them.. and they're the hardest to get rid of.
I know this isn't the best picture and I wanted to post some pictures so I can see my progress.

I want to beat that.
Here we go.

Lexa, you are beautiful and you look amazing. You say love handles and I just don't see any!
Strive for health and happiness, you've got this!!

rachel
01-28-2016, 04:32 PM

I want to beat that.
Here we go.

Werk. It. Gurl.

But for real, you got this!
Most important thing always is to love yourself, so hopefully the motivation and support here can help with that!
You focus on the "problem area," but none of us see that - so my hope for you is that one day you see yourself the way we see you, and find peace and happiness with yourself!!

And just to make you feel better...
Better a small problem area that you focus to improve than one giant death march in the form of obesity, naw'mean?
Every day you work to improve yourself is one more day toward a healthier, fit lifestyle.
We're both going to hit our goals together!!
Also thank the actual dear lord god that I don't look like that anymore, lol.

googleport
02-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Down to 160 pounds. Only 10 more till my goal.
11k steps in today. 300 calories eaten.

I am ready for dinner lol.

Mama Bear
02-04-2016, 07:37 PM
I've had a bit of a hurdle come up for my goal. Being on my feet all day for work has been putting too much pressure on my pelvis, so walking at night is painful now. :(
Best of luck to the rest of you.

potatoespotate
02-04-2016, 08:21 PM

I want to beat that.
Here we go.
Lyric is right! I don't see those love handles at all!

I think you look great! But yay to striving to be fitter and a happier you! I know how it feels to be totally self conscious with your body. Most of the time I try to convince myself idgaf but really when take a good look at myself, I hate what I see as well. I've struggled with my weight and self esteem all throughout my school years and it just sucks! I do hope you achieve your goal and become a happier and healthier you! :)

Mophead
02-06-2016, 12:36 PM
I've been pretty good about keeping up with my routine even if I haven't been posting much about it!
Going to be taking a cheat day today though. Going out to Austin to god knows what place and gonna be getting some nasty beer belly. :D

Mophead
02-07-2016, 12:15 AM
Totally didn't get out drinking because I got a call for a job interview a few hours ago.

No cheat day for me. ;o

looklook123123
02-07-2016, 10:15 AM
I haven't been able to do as much as I would like with my schedule since I'm running from class right to work then have homework to do after that. Luckily I have a personal fitness class this semester so it guarantees me twice a week with an hour workout! I try to go on my own one other day as well during the week and go out for a hike or something on the weekend.

I miss going to the gym 5x a week. So much better when I had nothing to do! But keep going guys, even if you can't go extremely often, going out for a walk even is good to do!

Pusheen
02-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Is it too late to join this? Since if it isn't I would love to use this as a reference and to keep track of my daily exercises and food habits :) I want to lose around 30 pounds this year, that's the end goal. If I had to set up some monthly goals, they would be:

- Daily 45 minutes of electric bicycle
- Combined with a set of exercises like the suggested in first post (will slowly increase until full routine)
- Increase my water drinking to a litter a day
- Cut out on sweets and junk food
- Only allow one cheat food one time a week (one serving of ice cream or a portion of nuts for example)

caitlin
02-08-2016, 03:30 PM
i'm going to hop on the bandwagon because i'm tired of constantly pulling muscles while doing simple tasks. i'm going to focus more on stretching and building my stamina by walking, as well as toning up my arms before i go and get tattoos on them.

Mophead
02-08-2016, 11:02 PM
i'm going to hop on the bandwagon because i'm tired of constantly pulling muscles while doing simple tasks. i'm going to focus more on stretching and building my stamina by walking, as well as toning up my arms before i go and get tattoos on them.

Yessssss tats.
The main reason i haven't gone to get my tats done is because I want to bulk up. When I do, I don't want them to get stretched out and look bad ;o

02-08-2016, 11:07 PM
If you guy's ever need help ask me :]

Guy
02-12-2016, 05:00 AM
I'm gonna start working out again real soon (probably tomorrow)

Things've been weird so I stopped for a few months but I think I'm ready to get back at it ~

EDIT: Went back today and did some jump rope
I'll go back tomorrow and weightlift ~ I always feel weird doing cardio and weightlifting on the same day lol

EDIT #2: I didn't go today :( cold af and im somehow sore from cardio yesterday lool #outofshape

prolly gonna go tomorrow

googleport
02-29-2016, 05:23 PM
Guys! I need more people on fitbit and MFP to motivate me! Also let's make this thread more active. PM me for my info and what kind of snacks do you guys like? I like the mint chocolate cliff protein bars, but haven't found any other protein bars that I like. Fruit is a favorite, but they aren't as great calorie wise as veggies.

I_royalty_I
02-29-2016, 06:00 PM
I haven't done much with this lately but things have been pretty crazy as of late. I really want to get back to the gym again though. I didn't realize how crappy not going to the gym makes me feel. I sleep better after a good workout and just feel better overall.

I've made some slow changes to my diet, better to change it up slower rather than all at once. I need more chicken recipes though. I eat a lot of chicken but I use things like breadcrumbs, cheese or sauces and I feel like that takes out some of the nutritional value. Anybody have any chicken recipes that are delicious but healthy? My cousin told me to get a crock pot, toss a bunch of chicken and some hot sauce in there and let it go for a day and I'll be set. Don't have a crock pot yet though. Struggles.

Sci_Girl
02-29-2016, 06:22 PM
I haven't done much with this lately but things have been pretty crazy as of late. I really want to get back to the gym again though. I didn't realize how crappy not going to the gym makes me feel. I sleep better after a good workout and just feel better overall.

I've made some slow changes to my diet, better to change it up slower rather than all at once. I need more chicken recipes though. I eat a lot of chicken but I use things like breadcrumbs, cheese or sauces and I feel like that takes out some of the nutritional value. Anybody have any chicken recipes that are delicious but healthy? My cousin told me to get a crock pot, toss a bunch of chicken and some hot sauce in there and let it go for a day and I'll be set. Don't have a crock pot yet though. Struggles.

Let me know what sort of flavors you like or do not like and I will try to find some recipes for you. If you are looking for healthy you need to avoid any bottled marinades, sauces, or glazes. Hot sauce has a lot of salt in it. Substitute hot sauce for cayenne pepper. Careful though the heat gets very strong very quickly. Healthy eating means you need to put effort into making your meals though. It's nice to have the quick frozen breaded chicken breast type meals but your heart and liver will not like it.

I_royalty_I
02-29-2016, 06:28 PM
Let me know what sort of flavors you like or do not like and I will try to find some recipes for you. If you are looking for healthy you need to avoid any bottled marinades, sauces, or glazes. Hot sauce has a lot of salt in it. Substitute hot sauce for cayenne pepper. Careful though the heat gets very strong very quickly. Healthy eating means you need to put effort into making your meals though. It's nice to have the quick frozen breaded chicken breast type meals but your heart and liver will not like it.

Putting effort in isn't a problem. My classes are online and I am working during the weekends right now. So I am able to take some time and properly prepare things. I have been trying to avoid all the frozen meals because of just how terrible they are for you.
I'm pretty open to all sorts of flavors. My gf likes to cook but she got a new job and is gone a lot of the time so I'm trying to plan out things while shes gone. I've got a ton of spices that I can use and can get whatever I'm missing. I like flavorful things. Spicy is good. Sort of that Mediterranean, Indian type of flavor is delicious. I had Thai for the first time not too long ago and it was delicious. I've been looking for recipes to sort of get that kind of a flavor without a ton of salt or other things that might kill any nutritional benefits.
I'm pretty much open to whatever, but wanted to get some suggestions to see if you guys had any go-tos that you loved :D

Sci_Girl
03-01-2016, 09:53 AM
I_royalty_I

Some suggestions. I will look through my cook books and other recipes to find more.

Indian Butter Chicken

Very good. Key is letting the onions caramelize, the longer you let them cook the darker and more sweet the onions get. The heavy cream is the least healthy part so it is uo to you to make it more or less healthy. Still beats store bought so I add more cream. Serve over Basmati, Jasmin, or your choice of rice. Makes a lot but it is great as leftovers for work lunches.

40min Duration, 35min Cook Time, 15min Prep Time, 6 Servings

Ingredients

For chicken & marinade:

2.2 lbs (1 kg, 2-3 large) boneless, skinless chicken breast cut in 1" - 2" cubes
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp kosher salt

For sauce:

� cup vegetable oil (I reduce to 2 tbsp so it is not so much oil)
2 � cups chopped onion (about 2 medium-large)
1 tbsp coarsely chopped garlic
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 tbsp garam masala
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (reduce to 1/4 tsp if you want it less spicy)
� tsp cinnamon
2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
2 cups diced no-salt-added canned tomatoes (I used a 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes because I do not like whole pieces in my sauce)
� cup heavy (35% or whipping) cream (you can reduce the amount to 1/2 cup, or add 1 cup or more cream if you want it creamier)
2 tbsp butter
Chopped cilantro, to garnish (optional)
Preparation

For marinade:

Combine all ingredients in a zip-top bag or shallow baking dish, massaging the marinade into the chicken. Let stand at room temperature while you prepare the sauce, or marinate in the fridge overnight.

For sauce:

Heat oil over medium heat in a large saucepan or dutch oven. Add onions and slowly cook until golden, about 20 minutes, reducing heat if they are getting crispy or browning quickly.

Add garlic and gingrr and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in garam masala, paprika, cinnamon, cumin, cayenne and salt; cook 1 minute more. Add tomatoes; cook 2 minutes, then add cream and carefully puree using an immersion blender (or standing blender, but do it in batches or the steam will blow the top off).

Return sauce to saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add chicken to the sauce, cover, and simmer over medium-low heat until cooked through, about 12 minutes (remove a couple of pieces to make sure they are no longer pink inside). A gentle simmer is required to gently cook the breasts so they don't become tough, and you don't want to overcook them.

Stir in butter, taste and add more salt to taste. Serve sprinkled with cilantro, if desired.

Jerk Chicken

Awesome flavors but very very spicy. Reduce heat by taking the seeds and white membrane out of the habaneros. You can even omit the habanero and replace with serrano or jalapeno pepper with seeds to make it spicy but not jerk spicy. Some people are not fond of jerk marinades because of the allspice. I personally love it. Can be used on chicken, pork, beef, fish, even vegetables.

You may not be able to find scotch bonnet peppers so use the orange habanero peppers instead. I find them at Walmart. Keep in mind these peppers are incredibly spicy. Stick to 1 pepper with seeds. If you remove the seeds and white membrane inside it will reduce the heat considerably. I go with 1 deseeded pepper and half pepper with seeds.

Best way is to grill your choice of meat but in the oven works good too.

Blackened Chicken Rub

Simple but very tasty. Control the heat and salt to your liking, I reduced both by half. You can always add a bit more salt after. Grilling is the best choice but stove top works too. Pan fry, in a cast iron skillet if you have, on high heat to get that blackened, but not burnt, crust on the chicken. Turn on the fans and open the windows because it will smoke. I pan fry it first to get the crust then put in a baking dish to finish cooking in the oven.

2 tsp paprika
2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp granulated sugar
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper (reduce to 1/2 tsp for less spice)
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground cumin

Mix ingredients together and sprinkle on chicken breasts. Cover it quite well on both sides. You will have some rub left over.

I_royalty_I
03-01-2016, 04:52 PM
Those all sound very tasty Sci_Girl! Im tempted to give the Indian one a shot tonight. I like the sound of that spice combination. Gotta make a run to the store anyway as im out of just about everything right now lol.
Id probably go light on the cream and then add if necessary. Probably better to go that route.

Sci_Girl
03-01-2016, 06:19 PM
A few more I make all the time. Hope there are at least a few ideas in these recipes for you.

Garlic and Herb Marinade

Quick, tasty. I use on shrimp quite often. Good on chicken breast too. Fresh herbs are best. If you use dried herbs cut the amount to less than half that is mentioned, dried have more potency if they have not been sitting in the back of the cupboard for years. To note 1 tbsp = 4 tsp.

2 chicken breasts (when I make this recipe with shrimp I use 1 lb frozen raw and deveined)
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp shallot or small onion, minced
2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, minced
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Pinch of sea salt and black pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Zest of 1/2 lemon (this just refers to using a box grater, the section that will give you fine strands, to scratch off the yellow skin, do not scrape to the white part as it is very bitter. You only want the yellow portion)

Combine ingredients and place in a ziploc bag with chicken. Mush it around and put in the fridge, let it marinate for 2 or so hours. Because of the lemon it acid will "cook" the chicken so you do not want to leave it overnight. Cook in the oven or grill.

If using shrimp place on the grill for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until they turn pink and slightly firm.

Honey and Dijon Marinade

My favorite to do on pork tenderloin. On a piece of salmon works very well. A bit more sugar than other recipes but I just tell myself it is not store bought so it is better for me lol.

1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp honey
1 tsp butter
1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1/2 tsp fresh garlic, minced

Combine ingredients in a small bowl and set over anot her bowl of hot water. This will help melt the butter and honey. Mix quick enough so the dijon and olive oil and combine into an emulsion, this prevents the ingredients from separating and keeps it as one mixture. I triple the recipe for pork tenderloin depending on how big the piece is. Double the recipe if the chicken breasts are large.

Place in a ziploc bag with chicken breast or pork if you choose. Let it sit overnight or as long as possible during the day. If using salmon the grill works best with spooning it on periodically as it will burn quickly due to the sugars. If placed in the oven then it will not run the risk of burning as fast.

Fajita Seasoning

Fantastic with leftover chicken, steak, porkchops. Just shred chicken. Chop steak or porkchops into thin pieces, best not to shred. If it is not leftover then take 1-2 raw chicken breasts and cut into thin fajita sized strips, 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick depending on how thick you like the pieces. Great all around seasoning you can also use for cooked veggies instead.

1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp white sugar
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 ground cumin

Mix ingredients, cornstarch can sometimes end up in clumps so just make sure it is well mixed. Taste the seasoning and add adjust to your liking.

Cook raw chicken strips until no longer pink, should take 10-15 minutes depending on thickness (if using leftovers then just shred or chop and heat up in the pan). Add the seasoning mixture to the chicken and mix around so all pieces are coated. Add about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of water or low sodium chicken broth and mix. It will begin to thicken. You may need to add more liquid depending on how much chicken you have. Let it cook for a few minutes or until your preferred thickness of the sauce. I like it a bit more runny so it makes messier fajitas, I only cook for 2-3 minutes. Again if you want less salt then cut it in half. Combine with your favorite fajita toppings or just eat over some rice.

Easy Quinoa Salad

Quick, tons of protein due to the super grain Quinoa. Perfect for lunches as it tastes better the longer it sits in the fridge. Can replace the quinoa with a can of beans, like chickpeas or a bean medley.

1 cup quinoa

Dressing:
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 to 1 clove garlic, finely minced (add based on preference)

Veggies:
3 tomatoes, diced
1/2 cucumber, diced
2-3 stalks of green onions
2 carrots, grated
1/2 to 1 cup fresh parsley roughly chopped. Do not chop it finely as 1/2 cup or more of finely chopped will be too much in the salad.

Cook quinoa according to package directions. Let it cool, I place in the container I plan on having the whole quinoa salad in and place in the fridge so it cools quicker. You will need a fairly large container as it does make a lot.

Combine dressing ingredients. I put in a clean mason jar and shake. Or a container with a tight fitting lid.

Chop veggies while quinoa is cooking. You can add more or less of anything. Or add new veggies you like such as red pepper, cauliflower, broccoli, red onion, whatever you want. Place in the fridge to keep cool while waiting for the quinoa to cool down. You do not want to add fresh veggies to hot quinoa as it will cook it all...not what you are looking for.

Once the quinoa has cooled combined everything together. Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. It tastes better when all the flavors mix. You can always make more dressing if you feel it needs more.

As mentioned you can replace quinoa with a can of beans for the same protein punch. No need to cook the beans. Just wash and strain then add to the other ingredients.

Vindictive
03-03-2016, 09:00 PM

George foreman grill ftw

GOAT
03-07-2016, 01:19 PM
So I think I am going to go ahead and hop in this as well. I really do want to get myself in better shape, but I always end up losing the motivation to keep going. Hopefully getting to post on here just about every day that I completed my routine will continually push me to keep going. I want to do this workout at least through a few sets every morning whenever I wake up from now on:

My only main goal from here on out is to be significantly more in shape than I was a few months previously. So hopefully in 2 or 3 months, I will get that feeling. I eat pretty well as it is, so I am not worried about my weight or diet (other than eliminating pop from the equation), but I definitely do want to start putting on muscle. Let's hope today is the first day of a brand new journey for me!

Progress Tracker
March 7, 2016 - 1 set, no pop
March 8, 2016 - 1 set, no pop
March 9, 2016 - 1 set, no pop
March 10, 2016 - 1 set, no pop
March 11, 2016 - 0.5 sets, no pop
March 12, 2016 - 2 sets, hockey practice, no pop
March 13, 2016 - 2 sets, no pop

Teal
03-10-2016, 10:37 PM
being fat forever and eating pizza

JK, I'm trying Kayla Itsine's BBG program.
It's $1 for 21 days, so might as well go for it.

Guy
03-12-2016, 08:18 AM
Started dieting again, trying keto one more time

Tempestmancer
03-13-2016, 05:20 PM
I wish I could find something to stick with. I'm good at starting diets, but I just loose interest. :(

MikeyR
03-21-2016, 08:09 AM
Haven't read through this at all, but I suggest jump rope for cardio. It's quick and fun and has so many benefits. I've been doing it for a while and I love it. Plus you get to throw in more complicated jumps (read: tricks) to keep it fresh / add intensity. I mean, who DOESN'T want to be a jump rope master? It's cool as fuck.

Guy
03-27-2016, 10:08 PM
I've been eating really low carb the past ~2 weeks

At first I was trying strict keto but I started breaking out in rashes and feeling hungry/tired/etc so I added some carbs (~60g every 3-4ish days) and now I feel gr8
It's only been 2 weeks but I'm pre sure I lost some fat lol

Been going to the gym too but had to skip today cuz I'm sick :(

lowcarb in general seems to work for me long as I get ~some~ carbs occasionally

04-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Going to try and focus on eating healthier starting today, and trying to drop my BF and keep size (doing the impossible!)

Hit some new personal records, front squat 270x1 pounds this past saturday and on dumbbell incline bench press 80x8 pounds today! :)

Teal
04-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Hitting the gym!
Lifting weights is so exciting, especially when you hit a new PR.
I'm excited to transform my body.

70spurple
04-05-2016, 08:04 PM
went to the store and bought 3 bags of hot cheeto poofs. i'm so ashamed.

Guy
04-05-2016, 08:16 PM
went to the store and bought 3 bags of hot cheeto poofs. i'm so ashamed.

I ate a few bowls of raison bran the other day :(

Just finished working out ~
I'm definitely weaker after slacking for so long but hopefully I regain my strength soon lol

70spurple
04-05-2016, 10:56 PM
I ate a few bowls of raison bran the other day :(

Just finished working out ~
I'm definitely weaker after slacking for so long but hopefully I regain my strength soon lol

Raisin bran sounds healthy. what's wrong with that?

Guy
04-06-2016, 12:21 AM
Raisin bran sounds healthy. what's wrong with that?

Too much sugar/carbs :p

Cub
04-12-2016, 08:52 PM
ok apparently im posting on ck again..
anyways so i went on a massive diet last year and lost like 30ish pounds (woo)

Luckily didnt gain that much in the last 9 months, but my lifts have been stagnant and my weight has too (no progress = v tragic)

so basically i decided to choose to lose more weight, or to bulk and hit some PR's.. I chose weightloss.

So now my gym primarily consists of volume work on SDB, to try to not kill my muscle, and running.

Hate weightloss, but so worth it in the end.

04-22-2016, 11:18 AM
Going to upload some of my heavy squat videos later XD

Sci_Girl
04-22-2016, 01:06 PM
Eeep! Didn't you just injure your back?

04-22-2016, 03:24 PM
Eeep! Didn't you just injure your back?Yeah it's better but it didn't go to heavy on my front squats. Hack squat doesn't really use back so i went heavy on that. It's recorded, and will be uploaded soon XD

05-03-2016, 10:49 AM
Crushed the 85lbs and 90lbs yesterday on incline dumbbell press!! Woohooo!!!