PDA

View Full Version : Should the Unites States let Syrian refugees in??

Maison
11-18-2015, 06:05 AM
There has been a lot of talk about "Should we let Syrian refugees in?"
What are your guys opinions on this? Should we let them in or keep them out??

Economic reasons
Safety reasons
Should we focus on our local homeless instead??

I want to hear your guys opinions!

Naked Gamer
11-18-2015, 06:32 AM
As a Aussie I say yes because they are interviewed and test etc before coming in and let's face it the dude down the street could be making a bomb at this point.

Here in Aus we are starting to let them in now and homing them etc for a better life.

I personally think and due to there country being ripped apart for years now it's a good thing to help the people that need it, all those African ads helping them why not help another country as well since everyone needs help at some point.

If you had your leg blown off do you expect people to help you? Yes? Why not help them too?

We are all human! Stand together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rainey
11-18-2015, 07:29 AM
I think the "take care of our homeless first" is bullshit. Nobody gave a rat's ass about the homeless and now that we're taking in refugees they want to use it as an argument.

My thought is that we already have ISIS members inside the states way before all this. They're living in the suburbs slowly planning America's demise.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Charlie
11-18-2015, 07:31 AM
Yes and no. The issue right now is that they are expediting the process, which means that they will not be fully screened prior to entering the US. If that's the case, then I say no, they should not be allowed in. They should have to endure the same process that every immigrant endures when entering the country. In addition, fleeing a country in civil war isn't exactly helpful to their country. They need to fight for their country, not run away from it. I do understand that many people are suffering from their civil war, but something needs to be done in their country rather than them moving into other countries.

Rainey
11-18-2015, 07:41 AM
Yes and no. The issue right now is that they are expediting the process, which means that they will not be fully screened prior to entering the US. If that's the case, then I say no, they should not be allowed in. They should have to endure the same process that every immigrant endures when entering the country. In addition, fleeing a country in civil war isn't exactly helpful to their country. They need to fight for their country, not run away from it. I do understand that many people are suffering from their civil war, but something needs to be done in their country rather than them moving into other countries.

Immigrants are different than refugees. Their situation is much more urgent. They're not relocating because they want to.
These are families who have children. They are not military members. Most want no part of this. To say that they need to remain in a conflict zone and fight is absurd.

Naked Gamer
11-18-2015, 07:51 AM
I think the "take care of our homeless first" is bullshit. Nobody gave a rat's ass about the homeless and now that we're taking in refugees they want to use it as an argument.

My thought is that we already have ISIS members inside the states way before all this. They're living in the suburbs slowly planning America's demise.

Agreed About homeless that is BS the way they use them and besides I don't see anyone's hands up in the government to volunteer to help homeless.

Those states I'm fairly sure can't if it's a directive from the President himself but could be wrong the US is weird lol

Ph0enix
11-18-2015, 08:35 AM
No, I don't think they should.

Naked Gamer
11-18-2015, 08:51 AM
Whither interesting point but in like 1000 years of breeding colour won't be a issue lmao. I like to think long term then short term.

True US seems to worry more about everyone else then it's own country hence all the US soldiers in other countries, here in Aus US set up a base in NT since I feel like my ass is being watched even more lol

If you ask me we're still cave people fighting over something.

Pusheen
11-18-2015, 09:37 AM

:P :P :P

Bowsette
11-18-2015, 09:38 AM
Never mind. Not getting into this debate lol

haiqtpi
11-18-2015, 09:50 AM
NO, NO, NO, a hundred times NO. This country is already at enough risk with it's foreign residents that reside here.. Caucasians are becoming a minority here and with the way people reproduce here, in about 5 generations I really don't think there will be much more left, most will be mixed race. The illegals here already take away alot of jobs, money and resources from people who need it who have lived here all their lives. Literally people joke around here that you can't get food stamps or healthcare or housing because we're white. There is probably some truth to it honestly. Indians come here and are given convenience stores and don't have to pay taxes, get rich and go back to their country rich af and living good. Same thing with the Mexican population, they get a job off the books, live in squalor and then when they save up a hundred grand they go back to Mexico rich af and living good. This country really needs to learn to take care of it's people first and other countries LAST, if anything's left.

The sad part is I don't even dislike alot of these people, they're good people, I know quite a few people in my town here illegally. They're good people.. but at the same time they have come here and taken part in draining our country dry and a little part of me can't forget that. I am also not racist in any way, it just happens that what we are talking about is race based and that is my opinion on it, so please do not try and tell me I am racist.

I believe that you left your Trump 2016 tag out of your post. The first red flag of your post was in the third sentence, where you are suggesting that immigration/accepting refugees threatens the "white-ness" of the country (and if anyone follows my previous posts on racism and "injustice," this statement means A LOT coming from me). This should be the LAST concern of anyone deciding on refugee policy - these people are fleeing slaughter, war, and intolerance. You realize that the greatest number of ISIS' casualties are other Muslims, right?

Your ignorance is further showcased in your very astute observations of how Indians "are given convenience stores and don't have to pay taxes" (I mean, wtf - do you work for FOX news or something? Where do you get your facts?!?), and how Mexicans take whites people's jobs and work off the books - are you fucking kidding me? You do realize that illegal immigrants - take "Mexicans," which you railed against, aren't exactly taking positions as physicians that brainiacs such as yourself would otherwise get, right? Where exactly are these amazzzzing paying jobs that poor Americans are being robbed of?

I love how the uneducated majority in this country think that they are entitled to good paying jobs simply becusse they are white and "American." You want a good paying job? Get a fucking education, and stop vying for entry level jobs meant for the most recent of high school grads. People like you irritate me so much - you realize that the average salary of a first year college graduate is like 35-45K a year, right? Are you aware of how expensive a college education is? What exactly do you think that these uneducated American masses deserve to be paid? You also realize that these "illegals" aren't coming to this country to even make a fraction of that, right? They aren't coming to this country and demanding better paying jobs...

Think about how much of an asshole you wild be for talking this way about the Jews during WWII....or are these cases different because the people aren't white, and ISIS isn't creating concentration camps? They are skipping that part altogether, and find that bullets, torture, and rape more effective tools than canisters of Zyklon B. Why the fuck do you think that women in some of these communities have committed suicide rather than risk the chance of falling into the jihadists' hands?

There is so much that you said that I find absolutely disgusting, but worst of all are your ridiculous assertions that you aren't racist. There are several forms of prejudice and racism - many of which do not require a white pillowcase, and you come across as an ill-informed, xenophobic bitch by spewing the misinformation and bullshit that you did in that post. People like you scare me, because not only do you make up a chunk of the population (and even more of the right establishment), but because you people can potentially hold office and shape policy. I have said it before, and I will say it again, scholars should run the government. Even now, we have senate committees on things like climate, that are run by people with little to no education on the matter. How horrifying is this?!

Update - thank you all for the wave of rep! It means a lot, and made me smile during this very hectic morning <3

Naked Gamer
11-18-2015, 09:58 AM

:P :P :P

Why I love you haha

hissi
11-18-2015, 09:59 AM
I believe that you left your Trump 2016 tag out of your post. The first red flag of your post was in the third sentence, where you are suggesting that immigration/accepting refugees threatens the "white-ness" of the country (and if anyone follows my previous posts on racism and "injustice," this statement means A LOT coming from me). This should be the LAST concern of anyone deciding on refugee policy - these people are fleeing slaughter, war, and intolerance. You realize that the greatest number of ISIS' casualties are other Muslims, right?

Your ignorance is further showcased in your very astute observations of how Indians "are given convenience stores and don't have to pay taxes" (I mean, wtf - do you work for FOX news or something? Where do you get your facts?!?), and how Mexicans take whites people's jobs and work off the books - are you fucking kidding me? You do realize that illegal immigrants - take "Mexicans," which you railed against, aren't exactly taking positions as physicians that brainiacs such as yourself would otherwise get, right? Where exactly are these amazzzzing paying jobs that poor Americans are being robbed of?

I love how the uneducated majority in this country think that they are entitled to good paying jobs simply becusse they are white and "American." You want a good paying job? Get a fucking education, and stop vying for entry level jobs meant for the most recent of high school grads. People like you irritate me so much - you realize that the average salary of a first year college graduate is like 35-45K a year, right? Are you aware of how expensive a college education is? What exactly do you think that these uneducated American masses deserve to be paid? You also realize that these "illegals" aren't coming to this country to even make a fraction of that, right? They aren't coming to this country and demanding better paying jobs...

There is so much that you said that I find absolutely disgusting, but worst of all are your ridiculous assertions that you aren't racist. There are several forms of prejudice and racism - many of which do not require a white pillowcase, and you come across as an ill-informed, xenophobic bitch by spewing the misinformation and bullshit that you did in that post. People like you scare me, because not only do you make up a chunk of the population (and even more of the right establishment), but because you people can potentially hold office and shape policy. I have said it before, and I will say it again, scholars should run the government. Even now, we have senate committees on things like climate, that are run by people with little to no education on the matter. How horrifying is this?!

you said what i wanted to say but better, thank you!!!

Banannie
11-18-2015, 10:08 AM
Sure! Let m in!

Rainey
11-18-2015, 10:29 AM

Think about how much of an asshole you wild be for talking this way about the Jews during WWII....or are these cases different because the people aren't white, and ISIS isn't creating concentration camps? They are skipping that part altogether, and find that bullets, torture, and rape more effective tools than canisters of Zyklon B. Why the fuck do you think that women in some of these communities have committed suicide rather than risk the chance of falling into the jihadists' hands?

I had to give you rep for this. The mere fact that I, myself, growing up in the suburbs of the midwest was surrounded by so many people who just saw minorities as polluting America was one of the biggest reasons as to why I left.

People who are uneducated because they did not WANT to stay in school blame the system and immigrants. Never for a second do they ever stop and think that even without "illegal immigrants" their lives will still be shit because they don't want to work for things.
The anger and animosity is astounding.
No one is entitled to anything. These "Mexicans and Indians" are successful in their jobs and businesses because they worked hard to get where they are at, not because of their ethnicity.

Misha
11-18-2015, 10:46 AM
I love politics.

I don't give a flying fuck who comes to this country. It's the people in office who need to get the fuck out.

End of story.

And before someone wants to say "but they could be terrorists"... Guess who else was a terrorist? Adam Yauch, the Unibomber, any kid who shot up a school and every piece of shit who shoots a cop or an innocent civilian. Keeping some scared and oppressed Muslims in their hostile environment where we or another country will probably bomb them isn't a viable option for peace. There's ISIS in every state in this country already. If you're scared, quit being a social media warrior and pick up your 2nd Amendment Right and prepare to defend your shit. I'm ready. Bring it on.

haiqtpi
11-18-2015, 10:50 AM
I had to give you rep for this. The mere fact that I, myself, growing up in the suburbs of the midwest was surrounded by so many people who just saw minorities as polluting America was one of the biggest reasons as to why I left.

People who are uneducated because they did not WANT to stay in school blame the system and immigrants. Never for a second do they ever stop and think that even without "illegal immigrants" their lives will still be shit because they don't want to work for things.
The anger and animosity is astounding.
No one is entitled to anything. These "Mexicans and Indians" are successful in their jobs and businesses because they worked hard to get where they are at, not because of their ethnicity.

I greatly appreciate the rep, and could not agree with you more. The whole idea of American exceptionalism and entitlement is disgusting. As someone in the field of psychology, what worries me even more is the fact that certain political institutions and movements use buzz words, and this for some reason, resonates with the uneducated masses. "I'm gonna get you good paying jobs" is SUCH bullshit, Dem or Repub. you want good paying jobs? Get a bloody education. THAT is what opens doors. I was raised in New England, and exposed to many different types of people. To this day, my father is a Rush Limbaugh listening right-winger, and the lack of factual base for the shit these people spew is alarming.

Scapegoating is an ancient tradition (those of you who are familiar with the history of this word will realize that I just made a funny); it is always easier to blame others for your shitty predicament, then to reflect on your own shortcomings or laziness. There are plenty of reasons why different jobs pay different wages, and like it or not, education plays a big part in this, and not necessarily for the reasons that you would expect. Various degrees of education simply signify ability to be diligent and dedicated. Most of what you learn in college will likely not impact the day to day life of your career (unless you are a doctor or lawyer, for example), since SO much is learned through experience, and very few jobs simply require direct application of curriculum. A college degree demonstrates ability to commit to a goal and reach it, arguably the most important requirement for success in the job world - and this indication is further underscored by higher and higher levels of education, since they require more and more dedication.

Simply put, an education is an investment in your future.

Maison
11-18-2015, 10:54 AM
I greatly appreciate the rep, and could not agree with you more. The whole idea of American exceptionalism and entitlement is disgusting. As someone in the field of psychology, what worries me even more is the fact that certain political institutions and movements use buzz words, and this for some reason, resonates with the uneducated masses. "I'm gonna get you good paying jobs" is SUCH bullshit, Dem or Repub. you want good paying jobs? Get a bloody education. THAT is what opens doors. I was raised in New England, and exposed to many different types of people. To this day, my father is a Rush Limbaugh listening right-winger, and the lack of factual base for the shit these people spew is alarming.

Scapegoating is an ancient tradition (those of you who are familiar with the history of this word will realize that I just made a funny); it is always easier to blame others for your shitty predicament, then to reflect on your own shortcomings or laziness. There are plenty of reasons why different jobs pay different wages, and like it or not, education plays a big part in this, and not necessarily for the reasons that you would expect. Various degrees of education simply signify ability to be diligent and dedicated. Most of what you learn in college will likely not impact the day to day life of your career (unless you are a doctor or lawyer, for example), since SO much is learned through experience, and very few jobs simply require direct application of curriculum. A college degree demonstrates ability to commit to a goal and reach it, arguably the most important requirement for success in the job world - and this indication is further underscored by higher and higher levels of education, since they require more and more dedication.

Simply put, an education is an investment in your future.

What are you views of people saying that they could be terrorist that come into our Country to do harm?
Do you think that we should help the people right in front of us that need it like the homeless?? How do you think this can affect the economy? I love your views on things!!

haiqtpi
11-18-2015, 10:54 AM
I love politics.

I don't give a flying fuck who comes to this country. It's the people in office who need to get the fuck out.

End of story.

And before someone wants to say "but they could be terrorists"... Guess who else was a terrorist? Adam Yauch, the Unibomber, any kid who shot up a school and every piece of shit who shoots a cop or an innocent civilian. Keeping some scared and oppressed Muslims in their hostile environment where we or another country will probably bomb them isn't a viable option for peace. There's ISIS in every state in this country already. If you're scared, quit being a social media warrior and pick up your 2nd Amendment Right and prepare to defend your shit. I'm ready. Bring it on.

Yea, I don't think that people realize how widespread Islam is, and just how many followers there are in the world. One only needs this information, and a 4th grade understanding of fractions, to understand that Islamic extremism is an anomaly, contrary to what some pundits may suggest. If you truly want something to fear, worry about the sleeper cells comprised of Americans (in the case of this country), people that look like you and me, and less about the black-clad, bearded, Allahu-Akbar chanting jihadis that you see on CNN.

Naked Gamer
11-18-2015, 11:02 AM
Yea, I don't think that people realize how widespread Islam is, and just how many followers there are in the world. One only needs this information, and a 4th grade understanding of fractions, to understand that Islamic extremism is an anomaly, contrary to what some pundits may suggest. If you truly want something to fear, worry about the sleeper cells comprised of Americans (in the case of this country), people that look like you and me, and less about the black-clad, bearded, Allahu-Akbar chanting jihadis that you see on CNN.

Islam is probably the biggest religion or at least second top with probably millions of Americans following it.

Islam is about peace anyways so the extremist are technically going against there own religion and technically not Islamic since they are going again what Islam stands for.

haiqtpi
11-18-2015, 11:11 AM
What are you views of people saying that they could be terrorist that come into our Country to do harm?
Do you think that we should help the people right in front of us that need it like the homeless?? How do you think this can affect the economy? I love your views on things!!

Honestly, some very well could. I do not believe that the value of hundreds of thousands of refugee lives should be judged on this matter alone. Home-grown terrorism is the threat these days. We can sit here and cower in the wake of anybody that we do not recognize, or we can be vigilant, support each other, and live our lives as we normally would. We need to have faith in our government, and the international community as a whole. Sure, national interests may conflict with each other, but I feel like the world is coming to realize that we are all human, and our joint existence is being threatened by this group.

You cannot simply bomb an idea out of people - think V for Vendetta. These people are FLEEING ISIS, if Islam is your issue, why not "convince" them that jihad is a terrible mistake, by showing them kindness, dispelling the false notions which inspire terrorism to begin with. Jihadism is not a person, you cannot kill it with a single blow, the idea must be extinguished among the people.

Homelessness and refugees are completely different topics, I hate when people mix the two together. Refugees are fleeing dire circumstances (literally life or death/rape/slavery), and obviously would prefer to stay in their country of origin, had circumstances permitted. To be clear, in making this distinction, I am not saying that the homeless desire this lifestyle, but they are from among the native population. Thus, we are comparing apples to oranges - it may be tempting, but I implore you to distinguish the drasticay different circumstances. Homelessness is a domestic social issue, while refugees are an international emergency, brought about by destruction, war, and genocide.

When trying to compare these two groups, I ask that you once again think in terms of my previously used analogy to the Holocaust. Do not be clouded by your emotions due to current events - look back to the Holocaust, and how several countries were initially hesitant to take the initial waves of refugees, until the scope of the atrocities were fully understood (antisemitism was alive and well in other parts of the world at the time). I suspect that once I he scope of ISIS' deed is truly understood, that we will be looking back with contempt at the words of those who are against accepting the refugees, just as we do those who refused to help/didn't help enough during WWII.

Vindictive
11-18-2015, 11:49 AM
NO, NO, NO, a hundred times NO. This country is already at enough risk with it's foreign residents that reside here.. Caucasians are becoming a minority here and with the way people reproduce here, in about 5 generations I really don't think there will be much more left, most will be mixed race. The illegals here already take away alot of jobs, money and resources from people who need it who have lived here all their lives. Literally people joke around here that you can't get food stamps or healthcare or housing because we're white. There is probably some truth to it honestly. Indians come here and are given convenience stores and don't have to pay taxes, get rich and go back to their country rich af and living good. Same thing with the Mexican population, they get a job off the books, live in squalor and then when they save up a hundred grand they go back to Mexico rich af and living good. This country really needs to learn to take care of it's people first and other countries LAST, if anything's left.

The sad part is I don't even dislike alot of these people, they're good people, I know quite a few people in my town here illegally. They're good people.. but at the same time they have come here and taken part in draining our country dry and a little part of me can't forget that. I am also not racist in any way, it just happens that what we are talking about is race based and that is my opinion on it, so please do not try and tell me I am racist.

Whoa whoa whoa hold the fuck up there...I'm Hispanic born here in the states and the reasons why Mexicans "take your jobs" is cause other people mainly Caucasians are to lazy as fuck to do them or don't want to get dirty.

Naked Gamer
11-18-2015, 11:59 AM
Whoa whoa whoa hold the fuck up there...I'm Hispanic born here in the states and the reasons why Mexicans "take your jobs" is cause other people mainly Caucasians are to lazy as fuck to do them or don't want to get dirty.

What's dirty mean? Lol

I'm white Aussie and I wouldn't do trade work I like office work though I have done trade work (sheet metal) and wouldn't go back to it.

True though here in Aus New Zealanders, Indians and Asians I've know say the same thing about certain trade jobs and general like mowing/clean up/cleaning work here so probably same there by the sounds.

Vindictive
11-18-2015, 12:07 PM
What's dirty mean? Lol

I'm white Aussie and I wouldn't do trade work I like office work though I have done trade work (sheet metal) and wouldn't go back to it.

True though here in Aus New Zealanders, Indians and Asians I've know say the same thing about certain trade jobs and general like mowing/clean up/cleaning work here so probably same there by the sounds.

Anything that's outside pretty much, a lot of people don't notice but a lot of the immigrants here work to support their families just like everyone else and at the same time make our economy go round by doing shit others don't want to do instead of protesting outside the white house or wasting time at a coffee shop complaining to your friends that it's hard being a jobless college white student. There is work everywhere you just have to be willing to get up off your lazy ass and get dirty and get to work male or female doesn't matter.

Naked Gamer
11-18-2015, 12:12 PM
Anything that's outside pretty much, a lot of people don't notice but a lot of the immigrants here work to support their families just like everyone else and at the same time make our economy go round by doing shit others don't want to do instead of protesting outside the white house or wasting time at a coffee shop complaining to your friends that it's hard being a jobless college white student. There is work everywhere you just have to be willing to get up off your lazy ass and get dirty and get to work male or female doesn't matter.

Basically! Always work out there you're just got to be willing to do it.

People just don't understand shit and love to complain so I'm like meh that's your life then and here I am doing what I have to do bettering myself with not complaining about work. I was jobless at one point for 8months until I got a crappy job at a KFC then in my spare time went to job agency and got lucky with where that took me to my current probably retirement job.

Vindictive
11-18-2015, 12:15 PM
Basically! Always work you're just got to be willing to do it.

BTW I am not racist in any way and I have Caucasian roots in my family tree. Just to hear people talk about Mexicans out of their ass like that idiot Donald trump labeling them is absurd.

Brittanee
11-18-2015, 12:23 PM
Yep. These people need somewhere safe to be and not in a war stricken country. I've heard many positive things about the refugees and the people who have taken them in haven't had problems. Our country needs to stop trying to be a breeding ground for hate because THATS how bad things happen.

Naked Gamer
11-18-2015, 12:27 PM
BTW I am not racist in any way and I have Caucasian roots in my family tree. Just to hear people talk about Mexicans out of their ass like that idiot Donald trump labeling them is absurd.

Yeah I bet! he will likely damage the country not understanding that the world is a changing place.

Hillary will likely win I reckon why not break records a second time in a row with first female president :D

You didn't come off a racist btw I think anyone could see your point of view well I hope!

Yep. These people need somewhere safe to be and not in a war stricken country. I've heard many positive things about the refugees and the people who have taken them in haven't had problems. Our country needs to stop trying to be a breeding ground for hate because THATS how bad things happen.

More hate then anything all my American friends I meet in games tell me the same thing normally hating on the government which I didn't think was as bad as it looks and the hate people go on about even down to the smallest things.

Fuck if America was a war zone you'd want to leave right if you had a option to another western world if you weren't needed in the war?

Cath
11-18-2015, 12:46 PM
Yes. Enough said.

Misha
11-18-2015, 12:47 PM

A million times this. I haven't been unemployed for more than 24 hours since I was 16. I've done everything from lawn care and landscaping, to warehouse work, to corporate office work, healthcare, and now i work on a fucking pig farm. If you can't get a job, you're either not trying or you're a career criminal. Get off your entitled spoon-fed ass and work for your money.

Anyway that was off topic. I welcome the refugees. And if some of them are terrorists, fuck it. Saving many is better than turning a blind eye to blanket bombing a civilization because of some rebels. And I'm ready to fight and die for my country whether it be ISIS or a corrupt government trying to take my weapons away to make me "safer". I will shoot you. Don't ever doubt that.

TheBaphomet
11-18-2015, 03:17 PM
If you can afford to live here then come on over.

Figure I'd add an edit before a liberal tries to crucify me. I am against all people who use the government programs for living. I work 2 almost full time jobs to make a living (1 40 hr the other is 32 hr a week). I'm just against people living for free off people who work.

vj87
11-18-2015, 06:07 PM
From the UK so cant really comment on US, BUT I still think we should be taking in refugees. These people are fleeing the very thing everyones scared of! Its inhumane to just tell them to piss off IMO.

Ribbon
11-18-2015, 06:24 PM
@Whither ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
oh my god
"i'm not racist but race mixing is disgusting and also mexicans and indians are stealing are jobs and i know a few token immigrants therefore i'm not racist (but i resent them deep down because they came here illegally)"
you really have to reassess yourself if your stance is the exact same as the tea party's:

Ph0enix
11-18-2015, 06:33 PM
@Whither ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
oh my god
"i'm not racist but race mixing is disgusting and also mexicans and indians are stealing are jobs and i know a few token immigrants therefore i'm not racist (but i resent them deep down because they came here illegally)"
you really have to reassess yourself if your stance is the exact same as the tea party's:

Lol never at any point did I express dislike of mixing races, you came up with that one on your own (: This is a real problem in this country I am just pointing it out. I have no problem with people who come into this country legally, work for a living and pay taxes like everyone else. It's illegals I have an issue with.

Ribbon
11-18-2015, 06:37 PM
Lol never at any point did I express dislike of mixing races, you came up with that one on your own (: This is a real problem in this country I am just pointing it out. I have no problem with people who come into this country legally, work for a living and pay taxes like everyone else. It's illegals I have an issue with.

Caucasians are becoming a minority here and with the way people reproduce here, in about 5 generations I really don't think there will be much more left, most will be mixed race.
If race mixing was not a problem for you, why would you talk about it at all? (: (:

Ph0enix
11-18-2015, 06:39 PM

Your key words in this were "born here in the united states". You're not illegal. Saying all caucasians are lazy is just stupid.

Vindictive
11-18-2015, 06:53 PM
Your key words in this were "born here in the united states". You're not illegal. Saying all caucasians are lazy is just stupid.

I have family who come into this country to work and make a honest living via a work permit and they are technically illegal. So if i were you id just keep your ignorance to yourself instead of spewing it out of your mouth. People like you and trump who are geared towards hatred on other human beings make me sick.

I bet if you were born into their situation (an illegal) your only goal would be to progress and come out on top. Sad part is you were born here with more opportunity and you probably are nowhere near as successful as an illegal who has came into this country and worked their ass off to overcome their life struggle from their starved country.

Rainey
11-18-2015, 06:55 PM

Race and nationality are different.

Your initial post made statements about the declining of whites, and the increase of Indians, Mexicans "diluting" the population.
Then proceeded to make the claim that illegals are taking all the jobs and making the assumptions that most minorities are illegals. i.e. "Indians not paying taxes." "Mexicans getting jobs off the books."

The problem is that you just grouped all the non-white races into the illegal category. Very racist.

Misha
11-18-2015, 06:59 PM
Let me be clear here; the ONLY problem with illegal immigrants anyone should have is if they applied for a job and the manager gave them the position based on what they are willing to be paid as opposed to experience. They aren't stealing our jobs. I worked with an illegal immigrant at my lawn care service, he made 10 dollars an hour after working for the company for 13 years. I started at 12. That's fucked up.

At one point, your ancestors were illegal immigrants whether you want to believe it or not. This land doesn't belong to the Caucasians. It belongs to the Native Americans.

But before this turns in to a race debate, let me assure you that scientifically there is no such thing as race. Every single person on this planet is a descendant of Africa (or Pangaea or "the super continent). The only reason, ONLY REASON, we have different skin colors is because of the region we were raised in. Evolution changed the pigments of our skin to adapt to the region. If you want to believe differently, I cant tell you otherwise, but that's what I believe.

Charlie
11-18-2015, 08:05 PM
Immigrants are different than refugees. Their situation is much more urgent. They're not relocating because they want to.
These are families who have children. They are not military members. Most want no part of this. To say that they need to remain in a conflict zone and fight is absurd.

You don't need to be a military member to fight. In fact, more people should get trained to fight. We live in the age that it's necessary. Israel is one country who has this done. Also, the US had its own civil war. Some people fled while others stayed to fight. Now the US is united. Civil war happens in nearly every country at one point in its history. I'm not saying what's happening to them isn't horrible, it is! I just don't believe that the US should welcome more than the original agreement of 10,000 people, and all of those should be screened prior to entering the country.

Sci_Girl
11-18-2015, 09:06 PM
This is why I am glad to be Canadian. You folks need to calm down with this race stuff. The American stereotype of ignorance and hate is shining through. Sorry.

And yes Canada does accept Syrian refugees. There are 25,000 coming by January 1st I believe.

Foxglove
11-18-2015, 10:15 PM
I was listening to 2 radio talk show hosts talking about this topic earlier today and I'm not sure if it was mentioned before, but they referenced somebody who apparently wrote an interesting essay about how it's morally wrong to accept Syrian refugees in the U.S. because it costs 12x more to take them in here, and instead we should send money to provide safety and refuge in Eurasia for 12 refugees instead of protecting only 1 for the same price.

I_royalty_I
11-18-2015, 10:45 PM
I think the argument that Native Americans once inhabited North America is a bullshit argument. If it wasn't one person, it would be somebody else who took over the land. The same thing happened literally everywhere else in the world.

If somebody wants to come here and work their ass off rather than expect things to be handed to them, I'm for letting them do that. However, if they want to come to America to have things handed to them, let the government and people take care of them, no. Hell no. There are enough people who currently do that, we don't need more. As far as the refugees go - I see no reason that we should be bringing them all over here. "It's the nice thing to do" is not a good enough reason for me, I'm sorry. There are other ways that we could and have helped. We just sent them an additional $419million in aid:

"The funding, which will come from the State Department and the USAID, brings the total amount of U.S. humanitarian funding for the crisis to $4.5 billion since 2012. The U.S. is the largest donor of humanitarian aid to Syrians."

Bringing the refugees here, to America, will not solve anything. They will disappear into the country and we will have a whole new wave of "immigrants" in the country. Weren't some of the folks who carried out the attack in Paris "Syrian refugees"? Granted, they aren't all terrorists, but why take the chance? A majority of them probably hate the US already, most of the middle east aren't our biggest fans. There aren't any positives that I can see for bringing them in and taking care of them here. We do quite a bit for them already it seems like.

Aska
11-18-2015, 11:16 PM
Weren't some of the folks who carried out the attack in Paris "Syrian refugees"?

They were nationalists actually.

Anyway, back to the topic. I think the humane thing to do would be to help these people who only want to escape a war-torn country. These people, for the most part, are just seeking out a better life than the one they had. If something like this happened to anyone of us, we would expect other countries to step up and let us in.

We need to stop living in fear because this is what ISIL wants.

Ph0enix
11-19-2015, 08:00 AM
If race mixing was not a problem for you, why would you talk about it at all? (: (:

Because it helped support what I said, I told you I am not racist, so I will not be answering anyone saying I am racist any more.

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

I think the argument that Native Americans once inhabited North America is a bullshit argument. If it wasn't one person, it would be somebody else who took over the land. The same thing happened literally everywhere else in the world.

If somebody wants to come here and work their ass off rather than expect things to be handed to them, I'm for letting them do that. However, if they want to come to America to have things handed to them, let the government and people take care of them, no. Hell no. There are enough people who currently do that, we don't need more. As far as the refugees go - I see no reason that we should be bringing them all over here. "It's the nice thing to do" is not a good enough reason for me, I'm sorry. There are other ways that we could and have helped. We just sent them an additional $419million in aid:

Bringing the refugees here, to America, will not solve anything. They will disappear into the country and we will have a whole new wave of "immigrants" in the country. Weren't some of the folks who carried out the attack in Paris "Syrian refugees"? Granted, they aren't all terrorists, but why take the chance? A majority of them probably hate the US already, most of the middle east aren't our biggest fans. There aren't any positives that I can see for bringing them in and taking care of them here. We do quite a bit for them already it seems like.

He literally just said exactly what I did without naming specific races, just saying. Perhaps I should have been more vague.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

This is why I am glad to be Canadian. You folks need to calm down with this race stuff. The American stereotype of ignorance and hate is shining through. Sorry.

And yes Canada does accept Syrian refugees. There are 25,000 coming by January 1st I believe.

Are you referring to me?

Persephone
11-19-2015, 09:18 AM
We're scared of letting Terrorists in, I get it. We're scared of letting people in who we will have to pay more taxes on because they will take advantage of the country and freeload. I get all of that stuff.

What I really, really struggle to get is how we could turn our backs on people who, as was said previously, left their country because it was so bad that they had no other choice. The vast majority of the refugees we have accepted are women and children. Over half of the total amount of refugees are children. They go through the most extensive screening and being filtered through with a fine-tooth comb. They are often allowed because of relatives they already have here. It's said that greater than 40% of the adults that do come, have college degrees.

I fully understand that we were all immigrants and that this isn't the same situation, but I also know that we can't just make the judgement and assume that all adult male refugees, just because they "look like terrorists" are actually terrorists. Like it was mentioned previously, there are already several instances of people within the United States that fly way under the radar and look just as "normal" as the next person.

And to end this ramble, a quote I read that I enjoyed.

"The last thing we want in America are young, dangerous, mentally unstable men who are liable to start shooting at any moment. Horrible thought."

We clearly already have a problem within our country with the folks that aren't screened and aren't coming here because they have no choice.

A little humanity and acceptance would be nice. There are innumerable amounts of Islam's in our country already who are suffering because of a mass generalization. I get it, we're scared. We're afraid "Paris" (and the other countries that aren't being media blasted) will be us next.

There are so many worse things to be up in arms about.

Aura
11-19-2015, 09:18 AM
Whither just cause you say you're not racist doesn't mean you're not racist lol........

Ph0enix
11-19-2015, 09:44 AM
Whither just cause you say you're not racist doesn't mean you're not racist lol........

Yes it does, the thread has something to do with illegals here in the US, and I answered it.. it happens to be race-based so anything I say negative is going to sound racist. I do not dislike any other race at all. Illegals in this country are primarily of two races, and I named them. I am not racist at all!!!!

Naked Gamer
11-19-2015, 09:48 AM
America has 350m something population and taking in 25k

Australia 22-23m pop. Taking in 12k

Apparently Canada is taking in like 20k too when I talked to a Canadian friend of mine he was mostly abusing his prime minister though haha

Hungary took in a butt load Chickinator was telling me.

Don't think America can complain look how big your country is lol

Feel bad for hungary though they're like right there.

Sci_Girl
11-19-2015, 09:54 AM
Yes it does, the thread has something to do with illegals here in the US, and I answered it.. it happens to be race-based so anything I say negative is going to sound racist. I do not dislike any other race at all. Illegals in this country are primarily of two races, and I named them. I am not racist at all!!!!

The topic is about Syrian refugees, not illegals. You brought up illegals, post #7. Refugees are not illegals so I am not sure why it was even brought up.

Are you referring to me?

No not you specifically, but anyone who is going to have an response that mimics such mannerisms.

Ph0enix
11-19-2015, 09:55 AM
The topic is about Syrian refugees, not illegals. You brought up illegals, post #7. Refugees are not illegals so I am not sure why it was even brought up.

No not you specifically, but anyone who is going to have an response that mimics such mannerisms.
I said this country is already drained enough with the people already here we don't need more.

Sci_Girl
11-19-2015, 10:05 AM
But you are making a sweeping generalization that a refugee is equivalent of an illegal by "draining" the economy. It is not the same thing. The US is choosing to help people in need.

Introvert
11-19-2015, 10:09 AM
Bringing the refugees here, to America, will not solve anything.

It will make all the difference for the individuals who now have a chance at a future, a life, a family, safety, opportunity and a roof over their heads.

I feel that all through this debate the human aspect has been lost.
Not just in your post, Royalty, but in the media debate and the social media posts I've seen.

Also, in regards to the "they should stay and fight" rhetoric, I think it's a particularly complicated conflict, and from what I've read (which is admittidly, limited) there are numerous factions involved and it's not just "good against bad", but much more complicated.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

I said this country is already drained enough with the people already here we don't need more.

Why do you assume they will be a "drain"?

Persephone
11-19-2015, 10:15 AM
I think the assumption that is being made is that somehow, they will be the ones that are 'freeloaders' that the rest of us are paying for. As I said before though, 40% or more of the adults already have college degrees and go on to work successful jobs in business/become entrepreneurs etc.

Every human deserves a safe chance to make a life. What process we take to make sure screening is done right and that they're contributing their share may be debatable, but we can't just build a Trump-esque wall and lock everyone out.

We are taking in WAY less refugees than a lot of smaller countries.

Misha
11-19-2015, 10:24 AM
"Opinions are like orgasms, mine is more important and I don't care if you have one."

Naked Gamer
11-19-2015, 10:29 AM
"Opinions are like orgasms, mine is more important and I don't care if you have one."

That's gold!!!

My partners opinions always matter first generally how I roll.

I_royalty_I
11-19-2015, 11:22 AM
The issue is, where do we draw the line? We will let them come in, there's no doubt about that. Regardless of any of the arguments against it, we will accept refugees. If something isn't passed, Obama will make it happen. If we let, say 10,000 in now, why not let 100,000 in later on because it's just a little more than before? It's very similar to the immigration issues. We let a few of them in, then more and more and more came across the border and we have to deal with them and put them up. Another issue I have is in regards to what will happen once they are here? The recent immigration issue is already enough of a headache. Last week I read that one of the largest immigration groups put out an immigrant bill of rights. I'm not sure if they were serious or not, but the idea is pretty ridiculous. [Only registered and activated users can see links]

The government can't even get their top secret screening process right, so I have very little faith in them being able to properly vet these refugees who may not even have much info available about themselves.

It actually is a good versus bad situation. It's the regime against the rebels. Who you consider "good" and who you consider "bad" will depend as there are countries backing both sides.

What sorts of changes will we have to make in order for these refugees (and those who follow after them) to feel safe and comfortable? Why has the billions of dollars we have given them not been enough to help their situation? Couldn't somebody pose as a refugee just to get into the country and cause havoc? For me, it's not just a black and white issue. I can't look at it and think - oh they need help, let's help them, easy! Nothing is ever that easy, everything has repercussions.

I_royalty_I
11-19-2015, 03:02 PM
To add onto what I already said, there were a few interesting stories that I was reading today:

Succar, a member of the Bay Ridge Community Council, said corruption in his homeland is so rampant that anyone could easily pay bribes and obtain official identification papers bearing a fake name to disguise their real identity.

“You can go to the Syrian government today and say to them, ‘I need a piece of paper that says I’m Tony Caterpillar.’ And they give it to you,” he said.

“These are not forged documents. These are written out by a government employee who needs money, whose family has no food.”

Drizzy
11-20-2015, 06:05 AM
Shaking my head at some you of you self-entitled dickheads

Then there's this other moron preaching neo-nazi hate...

Ph0enix
11-20-2015, 01:03 PM
Okay this is really annoying now.. all I said was this country has enough illegal immigrants here taking the resources we need. I am NOT the only person who thinks that way everybody just wants to jump to calling me racist because they don't understand what I mean!

THIS is what I meant, summed up in one picture for you.

For the millionth time, I am against them coming here because of all of the problems we already have here financially! We can't even afford to feed the people who fought for our country and are living on the streets because we keep helping everyone else! I have sympathy for the people who need homes and food, but here is not the place for them to get it. We have millions of homeless, not just ones that are veterans. They cut school lunches down to gruel, they're taking a meal a day from the people in the armed forces.. we do not have enough to be supporting these people. We have millions of people coming into this country every day illegally, and they are helped more than citizens sometimes, it's sad. I have no issue with any person who wants to come to this country LEGALLY, and make themselves into a productive member of society who actively contributes to this country. However, if you want to come here illegally and tap us of any resources we have, when you aren't even supposed to be here, THAT I definitely have a problem with.

Neo-nazi hate? Seriously? I made a point and people didn't like it. Frankly, I didn't expect them to. I made the mistake of naming specifics instead of being vague. No one attacked the other person who had the same opinion, just worded differently. Are you ever going to let this go and just leave me alone? You don't like me, I GET IT. You tell me all the time to ignore people who say things to me, so why can't you just ignore me? I did it. You don't have to attack everything I do on here.

Sci_Girl
11-20-2015, 01:36 PM
A few gems.

Dr. Ben Carson:
"If there is a rabid dog running around your neighborhood, you're probably not going to assume something good about that dog,� Carson, a front-runner in some opinion polls, said Thursday at a campaign event in Mobile, Alabama.

"By the same token, we have to have in place screening mechanisms that allow us to determine who the mad dogs are, quite frankly," the retired neurosurgeon said, criticizing President Barack Obama's plan to admit 10,000 Syrian refugees within a year.

[Only registered and activated users can see links].97

Senator Ted Cruze:
"President Obama and Hillary Clinton's idea that we should bring tens of thousands of Syrian Muslim refugees to America, it is nothing less than lunacy,� Senator Ted Cruz said in an interview on Fox News.

�Now on the other hand, Christians who are being targeted for genocide, for persecution, Christians who are being beheaded or crucified, we should be providing safe haven to them," Cruz added.

[Only registered and activated users can see links].97

Govenor Chris Christie:
Hewitt pressed Christie on the possibility of even accepting "orphans under the age of 5," but the governor held firm.
"We can come up with 18 different scenarios. The fact is that we need appropriate vetting, and I don't think orphans under 5 should be admitted into the United States at this point," Christie said.

Billionaire Egotist Donald Trump:
"Eight Syrians were just caught on the southern border trying to get into the U.S. ISIS maybe? I told you so. WE NEED A BIG & BEAUTIFUL WALL,"...But not long after the report was published, the Department of Homeland Security clarified the situation, saying that the individuals apprehended were merely "two Syrian families" who had turned themselves to border officials near Laredo, Texas, and had no connection to terrorism.

"I see these people coming by the hundreds of thousands,' he said in the town of Newton, Iowa. 'And I say, "They're men. They're young men. They're strong men. They look like soldiers"...no women in the bunch means he thinks they are ISIS soldiers.

Donald Trump on Thursday called for the creation of a national database to register all Muslims living in the U.S. to protect the country against terrorism.
"I would certainly implement that. Absolutely," Trump told NBC News during a campaign stop in Newton, Iowa.
He continued: "There should be a lot of systems, beyond databases. We should have a lot of systems."

Rainey
11-20-2015, 01:48 PM
You don't need to be a military member to fight. In fact, more people should get trained to fight. We live in the age that it's necessary. Israel is one country who has this done. Also, the US had its own civil war. Some people fled while others stayed to fight. Now the US is united. Civil war happens in nearly every country at one point in its history. I'm not saying what's happening to them isn't horrible, it is! I just don't believe that the US should welcome more than the original agreement of 10,000 people, and all of those should be screened prior to entering the country.

In your opinion, are we saying that everyone should be trained in combat or just those in the middle east? So mandatory conscription? (It seems really impractical in places like the states, and also impossible in conflict zones. They train/recruit to kill, not defend.)
The problem with ISIS extends way beyond a simple "civil war" and whether we like it or not, U.S. played a large role in the conflict.

EDIT: and I just want to add that this is not a fight focusing certain rights or land, it's basically their version of ethnic cleansing. I don't quite consider it a civil war.

Aura
11-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Okay this is really annoying now.. all I said was this country has enough illegal immigrants here taking the resources we need. I am NOT the only person who thinks that way everybody just wants to jump to calling me racist because they don't understand what I mean!

For the millionth time, I am against them coming here because of all of the problems we already have here financially! We can't even afford to feed the people who fought for our country and are living on the streets because we keep helping everyone else! I have sympathy for the people who need homes and food, but here is not the place for them to get it. We have millions of homeless, not just ones that are veterans. They cut school lunches down to gruel, they're taking a meal a day from the people in the armed forces.. we do not have enough to be supporting these people. We have millions of people coming into this country every day illegally, and they are helped more than citizens sometimes, it's sad. I have no issue with any person who wants to come to this country LEGALLY, and make themselves into a productive member of society who actively contributes to this country. However, if you want to come here illegally and tap us of any resources we have, when you aren't even supposed to be here, THAT I definitely have a problem with.

Neo-nazi hate? Seriously? I made a point and people didn't like it. Frankly, I didn't expect them to. I made the mistake of naming specifics instead of being vague. No one attacked the other person who had the same opinion, just worded differently. Are you ever going to let this go and just leave me alone? You don't like me, I GET IT. You tell me all the time to ignore people who say things to me, so why can't you just ignore me? I did it. You don't have to attack everything I do on here.

People didn't care about the homeless before this issue, don't try and bring it up as one of the issues now.

Maison
11-20-2015, 02:04 PM

That picture literally says republican thinker on it LMAO. Andddd just like what the Queen B of debate said, comparing homeless to refugees is like comparing apples to oranges.

Ph0enix
11-20-2015, 02:08 PM
People didn't care about the homeless before this issue, don't try and bring it up as one of the issues now.

That's my point though! WE SHOULD CARE! Why do we care so much about these refugees, who are homeless, when we don't even care about our own? I understand the situation these people are in. I have been homeless before, living in my car. I know what homeless people in this country go through. I am in no way equating my past homelessness to the people who live their entire lives on a blanket on the sidewalk, compared to them I had it good. The point is we shouldn't worry about other people when we are struggling ourselves.. I feel like no matter how many different ways I say it I'm going to be called racist or horrible.

Put it this way:
You have a huge house. Several members of your family are homeless, and need help. There is also a group of people down the road who had a fire, and lost everything - essentially in the same situation as the members of your family. Would you help your family first or a group of people you don't know? Would you help the people you don't know only because people are going to hate you if you don't, but leave your family out on the streets? Refugees are homeless and in need, I agree. However, so are the people already in this country and they have been for years. Imagine how they would feel if they could get the opportunities! Instead they are watching someone who isn't even in this country get the help they need too. They're just looked right over.

THAT is my point. Again.

Aura
11-20-2015, 02:10 PM
That's my point though! WE SHOULD CARE! Why do we care so much about these refugees, who are homeless, when we don't even care about our own? I understand the situation these people are in. I have been homeless before, living in my car. I know what homeless people in this country go through. I am in no way equating my past homelessness to the people who live their entire lives on a blanket on the sidewalk, compared to them I had it good. The point is we shouldn't worry about other people when we are struggling ourselves.. I feel like no matter how many different ways I say it I'm going to be called racist or horrible.

Put it this way:
You have a huge house. Several members of your family are homeless, and need help. There is also a group of people down the road who had a fire, and lost everything - essentially in the same situation as the members of your family. Would you help your family first or a group of people you don't know? Would you help the people you don't know only because people are going to hate you if you don't, but leave your family out on the streets? Refugees are homeless and in need, I agree. However, so are the people already in this country and they have been for years. Imagine how they would feel if they could get the opportunities! Instead they are watching someone who isn't even in this country get the help they need too. They're just looked right over.

THAT is my point. Again.
What...... ?? They are at risk of being murdered if they don't leave their country... This issue isn't even about homelessness... I don't get what you are trying to say.

Ph0enix
11-20-2015, 02:10 PM
That picture literally says republican thinker on it LMAO. Andddd just like what the Queen B of debate said, comparing homeless to refugees is like comparing apples to oranges.

How so? Please explain how they're different.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

What...... ?? They are at risk of being murdered if they don't leave their country... This issue isn't even about homelessness... I don't get what you are trying to say.

They need a place to go, because they don't have homes. Homeless.

Rainey
11-20-2015, 02:13 PM

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Refugees are running from crazy people with weapons...

Their problems go beyond homelessness =/

They're trying not to get killed, raped, tortured.

Aura
11-20-2015, 02:13 PM

They aren't fleeing their homes because they are homeless??? wtf their country is overrun with war and they can get murdered, tortured, etc. if they stay... I can't even......

Ph0enix
11-20-2015, 02:15 PM
They aren't fleeing their homes because they are homeless??? wtf their country is overrun with war and they can get murdered if they stay... I can't even......

THEY STILL DO NOT HAVE HOMES. What is the definition of homeless?? They fled their country and cannot go there anymore, which is where their HOMES are. Regardless of why they left they are homeless. I am literally not arguing this point any more.

Aura
11-20-2015, 02:17 PM
THEY STILL DO NOT HAVE HOMES. What is the definition of homeless?? They fled their country and cannot go there anymore, which is where their HOMES are. Regardless of why they left they are homeless. I am literally not arguing this point any more.

So they're homeless, but also have no choice to leave? Do you seriously want to turn them away and send them back home, where something sickening could happen to them??
Like everyone else is saying, there's so much more than the fact that they're 'homeless'.

Mophead
11-20-2015, 02:18 PM

Put it this way:

THAT is my point. Again.

I'm just sayin'. If you're gonna relate refugees to fleeing a war ridden country to being homeless, you might wanna open up a dictionary.

Maison
11-20-2015, 02:21 PM

These are people who had homes to live in, college educations, hardworking etc. who HAD TO FLEE FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY!!!!! They are homeless in the sense that they HAVE TO not because THEY WANT TO! God, I hope one day, when you're in desperate need of help, no one turns you away because of where you came from or what your background is.

Ph0enix
11-20-2015, 02:22 PM
So they're homeless, but also have no choice to leave? Do you seriously want to turn them away and send them back home, where something sickening could happen to them??
Like everyone else is saying, there's so much more than the fact that they're 'homeless'.

I have said, I have sympathy for these people. Several times. I get that you don't agree with my opinion. I don't agree with yours. Am I getting nasty or using sarcasm? No. This is the DEBATE ZONE, not the MY OPINION IS THE ONLY ONE THAT'S RIGHT ZONE. I am trying to explain my point to you but you will not listen to me. I am thinking about this with my brain and not my heart, because that is what is best for our country. These refugees do not only pose financial problems, but safety ones as well. They have already caught one terrorist posing as a refugee. I am thinking about America, not anyone else. I care alot about this country and it's inhabitants. I know I sound cruel when I say I don't want them here, but it's going downhill and it's partly because of the people we keep accepting. I look at it logically.

Rainey
11-20-2015, 02:24 PM
So focused on boundaries.

Whites, blacks, asians, hispanics.
Legals, Illegals.
Syrians. Americans.
Muslims, Christians.

We identify more with certain types of people (i.e. people in Paris or homeless Americans) because this is the society we grew up in.
I'll spare you the philosophical rant.
The problem is that it's arbitrary. No one gets to pick what type of society, ethnicity or social class to be born into.
Just because we were lucky enough to be born in America, does not make us in any shape or form "better" than them, nor does it, morally, give us the right to keep anyone out of this arbitrary line that we've drawn and declared to be "our land."

They're people.

Ph0enix
11-20-2015, 02:26 PM
These are people who had homes to live in, college educations, hardworking etc. who HAD TO FLEE FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY!!!!! They are homeless in the sense that they HAVE TO not because THEY WANT TO! God, I hope one day, when you're in desperate need of help, no one turns you away because of where you came from or what your background is.

Well this should make you super happy - I was turned away because of other people that apparently needed the help before me. Can anyone, JUST FOR A SECOND, think about it from someone who is in this country and really needs help's perspective? Maybe I am biased because of what happened to me but when I see someone not even from this country get the help I needed, and I get nothing, I am going to be. All I am saying is we can't afford to help these people.

Aura
11-20-2015, 02:27 PM
I have said, I have sympathy for these people. Several times. I get that you don't agree with my opinion. I don't agree with yours. Am I getting nasty or using sarcasm? No. This is the DEBATE ZONE, not the MY OPINION IS THE ONLY ONE THAT'S RIGHT ZONE. I am trying to explain my point to you but you will not listen to me. I am thinking about this with my brain and not my heart, because that is what is best for our country. These refugees do not only pose financial problems, but safety ones as well. They have already caught one terrorist posing as a refugee. I am thinking about America, not anyone else. I care alot about this country and it's inhabitants. I know I sound cruel when I say I don't want them here, but it's going downhill and it's partly because of the people we keep accepting. I look at it logically.
Your opinion in large can literally cost hundreds of thousands of people their lives. One terrorist out of the hundreds of thousands fleeing. Haven't you seen that a lot of those terrorists weren't actually from Syria?

Mophead
11-20-2015, 02:28 PM
Well this should make you super happy - I was turned away because of other people that apparently needed the help before me. Can anyone, JUST FOR A SECOND, think about it from someone who is in this country and really needs help's perspective? Maybe I am biased because of what happened to me but when I see someone not even from this country get the help I needed, and I get nothing, I am going to be. All I am saying is we can't afford to help these people.

Do you seriously not know the difference in not having a roof over your head, and having a gun held to your head inside your own home?

Maison
11-20-2015, 02:40 PM

Okay how about you look at facts instead of your opinions. We are going to take about 100,000 Syrian Refugees by the end of 2017 (not even alot compared to other countries) This will cost taxpayers 6.5 BILLION DOLLARS! Wow that sounds like a lot but lets break it down a little bit. There was 122 MILLION TAX PAYERS this past year. Now lets break it down even more 6.5B/122M=53.28$$ at the end of the YEAR. I MEAN ARE YOU SAYING YOU DONT HAVE 53$ TO HELP SOMEONE WHO REALLY NEEDS IT????!?!!?!? WHO COULD POTENTIALLY BENEFIT OUR ECONOMY IN THE FUTURE?!?!?

Ph0enix
11-20-2015, 02:57 PM
Okay how about you look at facts instead of your opinions. We are going to take about 100,000 Syrian Refugees by the end of 2017 (not even alot compared to other countries) This will cost taxpayers 6.5 BILLION DOLLARS! Wow that sounds like a lot but lets break it down a little bit. There was 122 MILLION TAX PAYERS this past year. Now lets break it down even more 6.5B/122M=53.28$$ at the end of the YEAR. I MEAN ARE YOU SAYING YOU DONT HAVE 53$ TO HELP SOMEONE WHO REALLY NEEDS IT????!?!!?!? WHO COULD POTENTIALLY BENEFIT OUR ECONOMY IN THE FUTURE?!?!?
How in the world is this, in any facet, going help our economy?

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Okay guys I am actually done. Everything I say is either wrong or makes me a horrible racist person so I'm not bothering. Fuck this. OP asked what people thought, I answered. That's it. No more. This is the debate zone, not a place to call people names for their opinion. Have a happy debate.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

There has been a lot of talk about "Should we let Syrian refugees in?"
What are your guys opinions on this? Should we let them in or keep them out??

Economic reasons
Safety reasons
Should we focus on our local homeless instead??

I want to hear your guys opinions!
I provided my opinion on all of these, like asked. I shouldn't be attacked for answering, just like none of you should be.

Maison
11-20-2015, 03:00 PM
How in the world is this, in any facet, going help our economy?

omg i cant do this anymore why not google how Syrians can help our economy if we welcome them in, or take a macroeconomics course at your local college because u are killing my brain cells more than neopets dot com is!!!!!111!!!!1!1

I_royalty_I
11-20-2015, 03:03 PM
I can see how the issue of homelessness can relate to the issue while it's not exactly the same thing. There is a difference between being a refugee and being homeless, definitely. However, I'm sure we would be treating these refugees better than we treat our own homeless citizens. We will more than likely house them, clothe them, feed them and provide them with a number of other things. The white house has said that it could take 18-24months to process the refugees and get them settled in the states. I highly doubt that figure will be accurate when push comes to shove. Obama is out of office in what, another 12months? I guarantee these refugees will be processed in that time frame and the screening will be nowhere near sufficient.

I'm for helping refugees and people who need help, but I'm not sure we are going about this properly. We have given them billions of dollars in aid to help the situation yet now we have to spend billions more to bring them to our country? I don't see how that makes sense. I have seen people say the majority of the refugees are women and children, then other stats say a large majority of them hold college degrees. Other articles go on to say how lots of the refugees coming into the country already have family here. So if they have family, why can't their family take them in and help them instead of the taxpayers footing the bill?

I don't know if it's available as I haven't seen it anywhere yet, but I'd like to see the plan that's in place to help deal with all these refugees.

Maison
11-20-2015, 03:23 PM
This is what my cousin said, he is 12 years old from Greece. Very educated.

I_royalty_I
11-20-2015, 03:36 PM
I cant say I disagree with your cousin. It's not fair for Greece to shoulder all of the responsibility. Maybe they should change something so that they don't have to. The world doesn't play by fair though. It's not fair for these people to have to deal with whatever they have had to deal with either. I can see both sides of the argument but we need to be realistic about what we will do for these people and how we will do it. Are we going to be flying in 100,000 people? Bringing them in by boat? How are they getting here? Once they are here, where will they go? Will we stick them in a giant building with cots for them to sleep on? Will they get "upset" that the conditions aren't good enough and cause trouble until they get better accommodations? Where will the food come from? Are we going to clothe them? Do we get them a weeks worth of clothes? At what point do they become more independent and start contributing to the countries that took them in? Will they ever go back to their native land?

"It's not fair" isn't really a valid argument right now in my opinion. I'm for helping these people but there are lots of questions that need answers.

Ghosts
11-20-2015, 04:13 PM
I'll admit I haven't been following this too closely, but from what I can see the US is only bringing in 10,000 people? That's 0.004% of the entire countries population or 1 in 32,000. If every refugee cost the US $100k to bring in, that would mean each existing resident would have to contribute $3 on average. I really don't see why this is a big deal at all, unless there's something I'm missing other than the fact that some idiots think this will have any impact on your safety.

Also, interesting read:

Ph0enix
11-20-2015, 04:37 PM
I cant say I disagree with your cousin. It's not fair for Greece to shoulder all of the responsibility. Maybe they should change something so that they don't have to. The world doesn't play by fair though. It's not fair for these people to have to deal with whatever they have had to deal with either. I can see both sides of the argument but we need to be realistic about what we will do for these people and how we will do it. Are we going to be flying in 100,000 people? Bringing them in by boat? How are they getting here? Once they are here, where will they go? Will we stick them in a giant building with cots for them to sleep on? Will they get "upset" that the conditions aren't good enough and cause trouble until they get better accommodations? Where will the food come from? Are we going to clothe them? Do we get them a weeks worth of clothes? At what point do they become more independent and start contributing to the countries that took them in? Will they ever go back to their native land?

"It's not fair" isn't really a valid argument right now in my opinion. I'm for helping these people but there are lots of questions that need answers.
I just want to thank you because honestly you are saying exactly what I have been just worded differently. Perhaps they will listen to you.

I_royalty_I
11-20-2015, 04:52 PM
I'll admit I haven't been following this too closely, but from what I can see the US is only bringing in 10,000 people? That's 0.004% of the entire countries population or 1 in 32,000. If every refugee cost the US $100k to bring in, that would mean each existing resident would have to contribute $3 on average. I really don't see why this is a big deal at all, unless there's something I'm missing other than the fact that some idiots think this will have any impact on your safety.

Also, interesting read:

That's assuming every person in the United States pays for it. Realistically, only those who pay taxes are actually footing the bill. I'm not sure what the actual number is right now, 10,000 may be accurate. Once we bring in that initial 10,000, I'd be willing to bet that more will be following shortly. It would just be a matter of time.

I had to stop reading that article after I read:
"Obama has condemned more than half of the US’s governors as ‘un-American’"

That's just beyond laughable :P
There's a lot to the issue in my opinion. Safety is something that definitely needs to be considered, you'd be crazy not to think so considering the region these refugees are coming from and events that have transpired.

I just want to thank you because honestly you are saying exactly what I have been just worded differently. Perhaps they will listen to you.

It may be in the way you are saying it. I haven't read every post in this thread to see if our thinking is alike but sometimes it's not what you say, it's how you say it. I just try to express my thoughts in a manner suitable for a debate. I'm definitely aware that my opinions aren't always the popular opinion, so you have to keep an open mind to what others are saying as well and work off that to have an open discussion of sorts.

j03
11-20-2015, 05:05 PM
Whither the fact that you have said nothing but negative comments about refugees entering the United States country is racism in itself.

There are both pros and cons to this situation, why are you focusing only on the bad side?

Been seeing negative rep given to you so I thought I would look at the situation... seems like you deserve it. In a time where people are dying where they have lived their entire life, you still choose to take away their safety because someone might take a "job" from you. What the actual fuck...

Ph0enix
11-20-2015, 05:40 PM
That's assuming every person in the United States pays for it. Realistically, only those who pay taxes are actually footing the bill. I'm not sure what the actual number is right now, 10,000 may be accurate. Once we bring in that initial 10,000, I'd be willing to bet that more will be following shortly. It would just be a matter of time.

I had to stop reading that article after I read:
"Obama has condemned more than half of the US�s governors as �un-American�"

That's just beyond laughable [emoji14]
There's a lot to the issue in my opinion. Safety is something that definitely needs to be considered, you'd be crazy not to think so considering the region these refugees are coming from and events that have transpired.

It may be in the way you are saying it. I haven't read every post in this thread to see if our thinking is alike but sometimes it's not what you say, it's how you say it. I just try to express my thoughts in a manner suitable for a debate. I'm definitely aware that my opinions aren't always the popular opinion, so you have to keep an open mind to what others are saying as well and work off that to have an open discussion of sorts.
I made the mistake of saying that we get too many illegals here already and named the races, so automatically I was racist and the more I tried to sy I wasn't, the more people insisted I was. I was also pretty high when I wrote my first post so I wasn't censoring. My mistake I guess. What you're saying is all I was trying to say.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Whither the fact that you have said nothing but negative comments about refugees entering the United States country is racism in itself.

There are both pros and cons to this situation, why are you focusing only on the bad side?

Been seeing negative rep given to you so I thought I would look at the situation... seems like you deserve it. In a time where people are dying where they have lived their entire life, you still choose to take away their safety because someone might take a "job" from you. What the actual fuck...
You're not understanding what I meant either.. I am far from racist I just care about this country and we will be the ones paying for them to be here, at the cost if everyone else.

How is saying I don't want them here racist?? I didn't at any point say I hated syrians, racism is hatred of a race..

Elf
11-20-2015, 05:43 PM
Whither - Do you support Donald Trump by any chance?

Mophead
11-20-2015, 05:53 PM
The best part of being an adult?
Responsibility and sobriety.

I_royalty_I
11-20-2015, 06:09 PM
The best part of being an adult?
Responsibility and sobriety.

I hope that this post is laced with heavy amounts of sarcasm.
sobriety sucks and responsibilities are even worse! :( :(

Aska
11-20-2015, 06:15 PM
The U.S. doesn't care about our homeless. If we did, we wouldn't be keeping them on the streets. It costs more to keep them on the streets than it would to provide housing for them. A lot of them have mental health problems too that should be addressed, but that is a complete joke in terms of getting help to.

People are escaping a country where their family and friends are getting tortured or God knows what else. If we can help these people and support our economy, then I am all for it.

Where's the empathy?

Ph0enix
11-20-2015, 06:40 PM
Whither - Do you support Donald Trump by any chance?
I honestly don't know who I support yet. I support somethings he does and some things the others do. Haven't decided yet.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

The U.S. doesn't care about our homeless. If we did, we wouldn't be keeping them on the streets. It costs more to keep them on the streets than it would to provide housing for them. A lot of them have mental health problems too that should be addressed, but that is a complete joke in terms of getting help to.

People are escaping a country where their family and friends are getting tortured or God knows what else. If we can help these people and support our economy, then I am all for it.

Where's the empathy?
I'm not saying I don't feel for these people, I do.. it's what them coming here would do, it costs tons of money and resources to get them here and house them and clothe them and feed them.. and we have people here who already need all that, as you also pointed out. I just feel like we need it first and THEN we can help them .

Banannie
11-20-2015, 07:04 PM
I agree with Aska, that homelessness is more of a mental health issue. We also have the space to rent out/give out housing for them, there are more than enough properties that aren't being lived in right now that could be used for this. Technically, we have the space to fit everyone in and house them, and doing so would cost people less money than what's being done right now.

I don't have any more opinions on refugees. They should be given shelter somewhere safe. What has been going on in their country is beyond horrific.

That said, even with Whithers opinions - y'all should chill thee thus with the flames. You can't change people's opinions with an aggressive stance like that, no matter how much you believe in your cause. Calling people names and challenging their intelligence pushes them in the opposite direction. How is that helping anyone other than making you feel like you have the moral high ground?

Stick to the facts. Calmly repeat the facts. Remain open for dialogue. Put yourself in someone else's shoes, doesn't matter what you agree on.

Sometimes the high road is hard to find. :)

Ph0enix
11-20-2015, 07:45 PM
I agree with Aska, that homelessness is more of a mental health issue. We also have the space to rent out/give out housing for them, there are more than enough properties that aren't being lived in right now that could be used for this. Technically, we have the space to fit everyone in and house them, and doing so would cost people less money than what's being done right now.

I don't have any more opinions on refugees. They should be given shelter somewhere safe. What has been going on in their country is beyond horrific.

That said, even with Whithers opinions - y'all should chill thee thus with the flames. You can't change people's opinions with an aggressive stance like that, no matter how much you believe in your cause. Calling people names and challenging their intelligence pushes them in the opposite direction. How is that helping anyone other than making you feel like you have the moral high ground?

Stick to the facts. Calmly repeat the facts. Remain open for dialogue. Put yourself in someone else's shoes, doesn't matter what you agree on.

Sometimes the high road is hard to find. :)
I really appreciate that thank you. While I agree SOME homeless are mentally ill, that puts them even higher on my list of people that need help. They should be housed first if we have all yhis room - but not all homeless are mentally ill. Some are perfectly fine, some are junkies. There are alot of different kind of people.

It's the way I worded it all. It should have said them differently like royalty did. My fault I guess

Fleur
11-20-2015, 08:47 PM
Sorry Whither but you are so completely racist it actually hurts... The kind of racist people who stand by their own bigoted opinions just dumbfound me. It's just so ridiculous that you're defending your opinion and saying you're not racist when pretty much everyone else says you are.

Caucasians are becoming a minority here and with the way people reproduce here, in about 5 generations I really don't think there will be much more left, most will be mixed race.

Apparently mixing race is a bad thing, I'm sorry your whiteness will be reduced to nothing in the coming generations. Just the way the world is going to be thanks to the ease of transportation around the world nowadays. Sorry to all them white peoples your special genes will be mixed with them dirty non-whites.

Literally people joke around here that you can't get food stamps or healthcare or housing because we're white

Apparently homelessness, lack of food and housing only happens to white people in America? What? And how does this relate at all to refugees from Syria who are suffering from a terrible war and living constantly in fear of their own lives?

Indians come here and are given convenience stores and don't have to pay taxes, get rich and go back to their country rich af and living good. Same thing with the Mexican population, they get a job off the books, live in squalor and then when they save up a hundred grand they go back to Mexico rich af and living good.

This is so unbelievably racist, I just can't even understand how you DON'T see that this is racist? Making sweeping assumptions about A WHOLE RACE and making them out to be as if they're just money grubbers stealing from the white people. I'm... Just wow.

And you think you're not racist? Because what you say is the "truth"? Come on, stop deluding yourself there...

Edit: Ok so I've calmed down a bit and I'd rather make some more coherent points.

I'm 10000000% sure that economy is a lot more complex than just "refugees going into our country will steal our monies". I'm pretty sure hard working permanent immigrants contribute to the economy as much as a hard working American citizen. Refugees that move to countries like America and Australia are mostly there to build a better life for them and their family. How do you build a better life for yourself? By working hard and paying your taxes. Refugees eventually become citizens anyway and they become a part of the country and economy, and their children will be American citizens, so why is it ok to separate "them" and "us" when most of them are just looking for a better life for themselves? Wouldn't you want to leave a war-stricken country to build your own life again? Have some empathy, man... We're all human, let's not throw people's lives away because of the amount of melanin in their skin.

Ph0enix
11-20-2015, 09:11 PM

Sorry Whither but you are so completely racist it actually hurts... The kind of racist people who stand by their own bigoted opinions just dumbfound me. It's just so ridiculous that you're defending your opinion and saying you're not racist when pretty much everyone else says you are.

Apparently mixing race is a bad thing, I'm sorry your whiteness will be reduced to nothing in the coming generations. Just the way the world is going to be thanks to the ease of transportation around the world nowadays. Sorry to all them white peoples your special genes will be mixed with them dirty non-whites.

Literally people joke around here that you can't get food stamps or healthcare or housing because we're white

Apparently homelessness, lack of food and housing only happens to white people in America? What? And how does this relate at all to refugees from Syria who are suffering from a terrible war and living constantly in fear of their own lives?

Indians come here and are given convenience stores and don't have to pay taxes, get rich and go back to their country rich af and living good. Same thing with the Mexican population, they get a job off the books, live in squalor and then when they save up a hundred grand they go back to Mexico rich af and living good.

This is so unbelievably racist, I just can't even understand how you DON'T see that this is racist? Making sweeping assumptions about A WHOLE RACE and making them out to be as if they're just money grubbers stealing from the white people. I'm... Just wow.

And you think you're not racist? Because what you say is the "truth"? Come on, stop deluding yourself there...

Edit: Ok so I've calmed down a bit and I'd rather make some more coherent points.

I'm 10000000% sure that economy is a lot more complex than just "refugees going into our country will steal our monies". I'm pretty sure hard working permanent immigrants contribute to the economy as much as a hard working American citizen. Refugees that move to countries like America and Australia are mostly there to build a better life for them and their family. How do you build a better life for yourself? By working hard and paying your taxes. Refugees eventually become citizens anyway and they become a part of the country and economy, and their children will be American citizens, so why is it ok to separate "them" and "us" when most of them are just looking for a better life for themselves? Wouldn't you want to leave a war-stricken country to build your own life again? Have some empathy, man... We're all human, let's not throw people's lives away because of the amount of melanin in their skin.
Until you have read EVERY reply I posted on this thread, don't judge me. I made the mistake of naming specifics. Also if you READ what I wrote, you will see I am speaking ONLY of illegals here in the US, almost all of which consists mainly if two races, which is why they were mentioned. Also you will see how many times I attempted to defend what I said and I refuse to do it any more. Go find your answer in my replies.

Sci_Girl
11-20-2015, 09:12 PM
Hang on. Do refugees get citizenship? Or does it mean they stay for a bit then get deported?

I just learned from the news here that the refugees coming here to Canada are being divided amongst the big cities because we can hold them. Here in Edmonton I learned they are going to the army garrison and some military individuals using the housing are going to be temporarily relocated (they worded as they need to find new temporary housing) once the refugees come. This implies they are not staying.

Fleur
11-20-2015, 09:18 PM
Whither Trust me I've read all your responses and I still think you're racist. Racism isn't a black and white thing, you know that? Just because you say you aren't racist doesn't mean you aren't.

"You're not understanding what I meant either.. I am far from racist I just care about this country and we will be the ones paying for them to be here, at the cost if everyone else.

How is saying I don't want them here racist?? I didn't at any point say I hated syrians, racism is hatred of a race.."

You don't have to hate on a race to be racist, like how you don't have to hate homosexuals to be homophobic? You can think that you aren't racist but you can still spew out racist opinions.

Does refugees coming in take money out of your pocket directly? I really don't understand. Also your argument about homeless people, shelter etc.... Do you personally put money in to help homeless people? I mean, if you're going to make an argument about how the homeless should be helped within your own country, it would be a bit hypocritical to not do something about it yourself.

Sci_Girl I'm not sure how it works in America or Canada since I don't live in either of those countries, but I'm fairly sure that refugees can live here in Australia? OR I'm totally wrong and misguided? I would think that you'd have to live here at least x amount of years and do the citizenship test to be qualified to be a citizen.

Ph0enix
11-20-2015, 09:21 PM
Whither Trust me I've read all your responses and I still think you're racist. Racism isn't a black and white thing, you know that? Just because you say you aren't racist doesn't mean you aren't.

"You're not understanding what I meant either.. I am far from racist I just care about this country and we will be the ones paying for them to be here, at the cost if everyone else.

How is saying I don't want them here racist?? I didn't at any point say I hated syrians, racism is hatred of a race.."

You don't have to hate on a race to be racist, like how you don't have to hate homosexuals to be homophobic? You can think that you aren't racist but you can still spew out racist opinions.

Does refugees coming in take money out of your pocket directly? I really don't understand. Also your argument about homeless people, shelter etc.... Do you personally put money in to help homeless people? I mean, if you're going to make an argument about how the homeless should be helped within your own country, it would be a bit hypocritical to not do something about it yourself.
You don't even make any sense. I think I know if I am racist, thank you very much. Just because everyone says I'm racist doesn't mean I am? Lol? If everyone said I had purple hair but I knew it was red, doesn't mean I have purple hair. Stupid analogy but you get the point. I'm not even spending time arguing with you. Go ahead and reply if you like but I won't be entertaining you at all. Have a good night.

Fleur
11-20-2015, 09:25 PM
Whither I don't make any sense? Please enlighten me, I'm trying to understand your opinions here and attacking me by saying I don't make sense doesn't really help. Tell me what you don't understand?

Umm... If the majority of people think you're racist then you probably are, I don't know why you are trying so hard to argue that you're not racist when clearly the opinions you stated make you out to be racist. But it's ok, if you want ot live in your own bubble and think that you're not racist then continue on with your merry self.

> "white people are gonna be eradicated in 5 generations, we'll all be mixed"
> "mexicans, indians taking our jobs stealing our money and leaving"

If that's not racist idk what is tbh?

Persephone
11-20-2015, 09:29 PM
I was very curious to see how the homeless/veteran population was being regarded in comparison to the Syrian refugees and I found an interesting little quote.

"I am a disable veteran who could easily be homeless if I had no one to help me pay for my housing. The same people who call me a lazy good-for-nothing looking-for-handouts freeloader are the SAME ones same ones saying we can't accept refugees because we "need to take care of our own veterans and homeless first"... HOW is that supposed to happen, exactly?

Don't use me as your fucking excuse when a week ago you were happily voting away my benefits and healthcare. Fuck you."

Conservatives who are against taking in refugees are being hypocritical. They say that we should help our veterans before refugees. Due to the fact that Republican's have repeatedly voted to deny healthcare, housing, and jobs to veterans over and over again in the past, it's clear they're just making excuses.

We have a lot of problems as a country, but letting in a mere fraction of refugees who have nowhere else to go truly isn't at the top of that list.

Ph0enix
11-20-2015, 09:41 PM
Whither I don't make any sense? Please enlighten me, I'm trying to understand your opinions here and attacking me by saying I don't make sense doesn't really help. Tell me what you don't understand?

Umm... If the majority of people think you're racist then you probably are, I don't know why you are trying so hard to argue that you're not racist when clearly the opinions you stated make you out to be racist. But it's ok, if you want ot live in your own bubble and think that you're not racist then continue on with your merry self.

> "white people are gonna be eradicated in 5 generations, we'll all be mixed"
> "mexicans, indians taking our jobs stealing our money and leaving"

If that's not racist idk what is tbh?
I SAID ILLEGALS! ILLEGALS WHO COME HERE ILLEGALLY, AND DO NOT BELONG HERE! ILLEGALS WHO MAINLY CONSIST OF TWO RACES. I MADE THE ASTRONOMICAL FUCKING MISTAKE OF MENTIONING THEM. I WILL SAY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN: I. HAVE. NO. PROBLE WITH PEOPLE OF ANY RACE WHO WANT TO COME HERE AND STAY AND WORK AND CONTRIBUTE TO THIS COUNTRY!!!!! I USED THEM AS AN EXAMPLE. That example was a negative example, so automatically I am racist. I am parroting things I have heard on yhw news as well as others who have sought help and we're turned down.

GET IT NOW? ?

You say "attacking" you by saying you make no sense doesn't help, what the hell are you doing, attacking me and INSISTING that I am racist?

Fleur
11-20-2015, 09:43 PM
youricemelts That's definitely an interesting quote. If you're going to argue about wanting to help veterans/homeless people, you better fucking be contributing something to help them instead of making some broad statement like that without doing anything about it. If there are issues in your country that you want to be addressed, but all you are doing is arguing online about it and doing absolutely jack shit about these issues then are you any better than people who don't care at all?

"Refugees need help!"
"Our homeless people need more help", they say as they type this comment up in the comfort of their own home and are probably doing nothing to help homeless people. Hypocrisy tbh...

Whither Ok so what do "illegals" have anything to do with refugees again? How do yo know these "illegals" consist mostly of Indians and Mexicans? I'd love to see some statistics on that. You say you have no problems with people moving into America, but then you were absolutely against refugees coming in, quote "NO, NO, NO, a hundred times NO. This country is already at enough risk with it's foreign residents that reside here", so it doesn't exactly sound like you want more people to come into the country.

Ok, if it makes you feel any better, let's not call you racist, but perhaps a non-racist person who is horribly misguided and making racist comments? That make it any better?

I just want to ask, have you made any personal contributions to help out homeless/veterans in America?

Mophead
11-20-2015, 09:45 PM
Caps lock doesn't help people understand things.
But it does make things bigger.

Bigger =/= better. Or good to begin with.

Rainey
11-20-2015, 09:50 PM
Hang on. Do refugees get citizenship? Or does it mean they stay for a bit then get deported?

I just learned from the news here that the refugees coming here to Canada are being divided amongst the big cities because we can hold them. Here in Edmonton I learned they are going to the army garrison and some military individuals using the housing are going to be temporarily relocated (they worded as they need to find new temporary housing) once the refugees come. This implies they are not staying.

Did some reading into this because I was curious.

The policy in America is that they apply for a green card (permanent residence) within a year of entering. They can start working immediately upon entering the country to support themselves and their families.
Upon gaining the green card and staying the minimum of years necessary they can go on to apply for citizenship. It's read case-by-case by a judge. They need proof as to why they should stay, show adequate support to sustain themselves and their families etc.

From what I've read, it seems like the process is very similar to the normal way of gaining citizenship. Those who are not granted it and no longer hold refugee status, do get deported.

Misha
11-20-2015, 09:57 PM
Oh for fucks sake can someone close this thread before I go hulk mode

Persephone
11-20-2015, 10:01 PM
“The fact that foreigners are eager to pick crops, clean houses, bus tables and produce allows more of us to afford cheaper food and better services, affording us even more wealth to enjoy and invest. It’s not the immigrants, but the taxes, spending and entitlements (most of which immigrants don’t even receive) that have drained the economy dry.”

"An estimated 8 million illegal immigrants—up to two thirds of the total—paid taxes, including both income taxes and Medicare and Social Security taxes. Indeed, revenue from illegal immigrants is estimated at $11 billion a year to Social Security alone, and there's not even a pretense of those payments leading to eventual benefits. And of course everyone who buys things in the U.S. pays sales taxes, irrespective of their immigration status. Undoubtedly, even more illegal immigrants would pay taxes if they didn’t have to worry about possible deportation as a consequence."

Our "illegals", our "homeless", our "veterans" and the subject of "refugees" is one that as was said before, is comparing apples to oranges.
Whither Whether you intend or not to come off as racist, a lot of the stuff you're saying comes off as deeply racist and hurtful.

If we're on the subject of helping our own people, we can talk about the cruelty that law-abiding, tax paying citizens received for being muslim and "looking like terrorists". Or the assumption that anyone who looks foreign is probably draining our economy and freeloading. We could talk about our past as a country after Pearl Harbor and associated events where the country turned their back on our own Japanese American's because of how they looked and association with a war we were fighting.

We have to be better people. We can't just jump into the one size-fits-all "fix our own country first" mindset, because truthfully a lot of it is just talking in circles and being oppressive to our own folks behind the statements that are being made.

These people have nowhere else to go. They're fleeing to save their lives. We have plenty of space. I would hope for a similar treatment and understanding in their shoes.

It wasn't, and has not been implied that they will come to be the status of illegal immigrants, by nature, that you're speaking of. I'm sure approximately 12,000 people are very proportional to the 11 million "illegal immigrants" we're talking about. (sarcasm) But please, think for a second about all of this.

Pusheen
11-20-2015, 10:14 PM
Me while reading this thread...

Aska
11-20-2015, 10:33 PM
I honestly don't know who I support yet. I support somethings he does and some things the others do. Haven't decided yet.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

I'm not saying I don't feel for these people, I do.. it's what them coming here would do, it costs tons of money and resources to get them here and house them and clothe them and feed them.. and we have people here who already need all that, as you also pointed out. I just feel like we need it first and THEN we can help them .

Not arguing with ya. Just pointing out a different side to it. I wish we would take better care of our own too. In Denver, there were volunteers who built micro-houses (illegally, but still) to help the homeless here and the police tore them down. There are a lot of laws out there making pan-handling illegal and making it illegal for homeless people to sleep in certain areas and yet the shelters are all full...

Source:

Curse
11-20-2015, 10:39 PM
me while reading whither's posts

Ph0enix
11-20-2015, 10:44 PM
�The fact that foreigners are eager to pick crops, clean houses, bus tables and produce allows more of us to afford cheaper food and better services, affording us even more wealth to enjoy and invest. It�s not the immigrants, but the taxes, spending and entitlements (most of which immigrants don�t even receive) that have drained the economy dry.�

"An estimated 8 million illegal immigrants�up to two thirds of the total�paid taxes, including both income taxes and Medicare and Social Security taxes. Indeed, revenue from illegal immigrants is estimated at $11 billion a year to Social Security alone, and there's not even a pretense of those payments leading to eventual benefits. And of course everyone who buys things in the U.S. pays sales taxes, irrespective of their immigration status. Undoubtedly, even more illegal immigrants would pay taxes if they didn�t have to worry about possible deportation as a consequence."

Our "illegals", our "homeless", our "veterans" and the subject of "refugees" is one that as was said before, is comparing apples to oranges.
Whither Whether you intend or not to come off as racist, a lot of the stuff you're saying comes off as deeply racist and hurtful.

If we're on the subject of helping our own people, we can talk about the cruelty that law-abiding, tax paying citizens received for being muslim and "looking like terrorists". Or the assumption that anyone who looks foreign is probably draining our economy and freeloading. We could talk about our past as a country after Pearl Harbor and associated events where the country turned their back on our own Japanese American's because of how they looked and association with a war we were fighting.

We have to be better people. We can't just jump into the one size-fits-all "fix our own country first" mindset, because truthfully a lot of it is just talking in circles and being oppressive to our own folks behind the statements that are being made.

These people have nowhere else to go. They're fleeing to save their lives. We have plenty of space. I would hope for a similar treatment and understanding in their shoes.

It wasn't, and has not been implied that they will come to be the status of illegal immigrants, by nature, that you're speaking of. I'm sure approximately 12,000 people are very proportional to the 11 million "illegal immigrants" we're talking about. (sarcasm) But please, think for a second about all of this.
I didn't say they were going to be illegal immigrants. I know they're not. I mentioned that we had alot of those coming in every day already putting a strain on this country and everyone pounced on that part of what I said, prompting me to attempt to defend myself and the whole damn thread became about that. I just meant that if we're going to house anyone, we should house the people who are here that need it, then help others.

haiqtpi
11-20-2015, 10:46 PM

For the millionth time, I am against them coming here because of all of the problems we already have here financially! We can't even afford to feed the people who fought for our country and are living on the streets because we keep helping everyone else! I have sympathy for the people who need homes and food, but here is not the place for them to get it. We have millions of homeless, not just ones that are veterans. They cut school lunches down to gruel, they're taking a meal a day from the people in the armed forces.. we do not have enough to be supporting these people. We have millions of people coming into this country every day illegally, and they are helped more than citizens sometimes, it's sad.

How DARE you. These are thousands of fucking people that we are talking about, and you are against it because of money?!? This is a matter of life and death, families are torn apart and destroyed, and you are worried about your tax dollars? The native homeless are MUCH better off than these people fleeing war-torn Syria - to compare the two groups is mind-numbing. You are either a complete moron, or too caught up in your ethnocentric, preconceived notions to see the devastating reality of the Syrian conflict (specifically the war against ISIS). My tolerance for people like you is just about at the max level. I cannot believe that someone would have the gall to even ATTEMPT to make the points that you have regarding why they should not be allowed. I HIGHLY suggest that you read up on the Yazidis, and what ISIS has done to them. It is no different for the Syrian Muslims that are fleeing - they are all seen as apostates. The entire world should be lending a helping hand to these people, no questions asked, and definitely no concern for the cost. This is what international community is for, and our country being the largest economy, we had BETTER pull our weight. Honestly, if I knew of a way to simply host a Syrian family in my 2 bedroom apartment here in NYC, I would in a HEARTBEAT

Ph0enix
11-20-2015, 10:46 PM
Not arguing with ya. Just pointing out a different side to it. I wish we would take better care of our own too. In Denver, there were volunteers who built micro-houses (illegally, but still) to help the homeless here and the police tore them down. There are a lot of laws out there making pan-handling illegal and making it illegal for homeless people to sleep in certain areas and yet the shelters are all full...

Source:
I know, that's why I answered so calmly :)

haiqtpi
11-20-2015, 10:51 PM
I SAID ILLEGALS! ILLEGALS WHO COME HERE ILLEGALLY, AND DO NOT BELONG HERE! ILLEGALS WHO MAINLY CONSIST OF TWO RACES. I MADE THE ASTRONOMICAL FUCKING MISTAKE OF MENTIONING THEM. I WILL SAY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN: I. HAVE. NO. PROBLE WITH PEOPLE OF ANY RACE WHO WANT TO COME HERE AND STAY AND WORK AND CONTRIBUTE TO THIS COUNTRY!!!!! I USED THEM AS AN EXAMPLE. That example was a negative example, so automatically I am racist. I am parroting things I have heard on yhw news as well as others who have sought help and we're turned down.

GET IT NOW? ?

You say "attacking" you by saying you make no sense doesn't help, what the hell are you doing, attacking me and INSISTING that I am racist?

You don't get that your whole tirade against illegals is itself, incredibly prejudiced, moronic, and ethnocentric. If you, or any of the "countless Americans" that you think are hurting and without jobs due to illegal immigrants want a better life, THEN GET A FUCKING EDUCATION. Illegal immigrants or not, you will never have a good job or a high paying job without an education (there may be exceptions, but this is the general case). You will hit a glass ceiling, as you should, considering how much those of us who are educated have paid for said luxury. Put simply, illegal immigrants are 1% of 1% of the financial shit storm that is our economy. Don't you date try to blame them for shit - it is completely illogical and nothing but scapegoating. Want to know what fucks up the economy more? Overweight people. They are an INCREDIBLE financial burden on the country due to excessive healthcare costs due to their unhealthy lifestyles - why not pick up your torch and pitchfork and get to bothering them?

Pusheen
11-20-2015, 11:09 PM
To be honest, I've only been comenting here with memes and fun stuff since discussions make me unconfortable.
Specially when instead of debating, people start to throw shit at each other just for having different point of views, which is sadly what is happening at the moment with this thread, the one is starting to look like a collective bullying against one person instead than a proper exchange of opinions and information sharing.

Not pointing fingers or saying who's wrong...
I do have a opinion about the matter, but probably since I'm not American, is not as strong as you guys opinions
So just came here to say: 'chill'. Some are taking this on a personal level, when you shouldn't.

Just because someone thinks different than you, don't give you the right to be a shitty person to them...
Sad to even see the clraik admin doing it.

haiqtpi
11-20-2015, 11:16 PM
To be honest, I've only been comenting here with memes and fun stuff since discussions make me unconfortable.
Specially when instead of debating, people start to throw shit at each other just for having different point of views, which is sadly what is happening at the moment with this thread, the one is starting to look like a collective bullying against one person instead than a proper exchange of opinions and information sharing.

Not pointing fingers or saying who's wrong...
I do have a opinion about the matter, but probably since I'm not American, is not as strong as you guys opinions
So just came here to say: 'chill'. Some are taking this on a personal level, when you shouldn't.

Just because someone thinks different than you, don't give you the right to be a shitty person to them...
Sad to even see the clraik admin doing it.

You may have a point in many cases, sure, but do you think that people would be reacting differently if instead of Syrians or Muslims, a certain someone was running their mouth to the line of "lets expel the Jews and Gays"? There is opinion, and there is hate speech, which should NEVER be tolerated. This country makes me sick when they whole "freedom of speech" bullshit is embraced for obvious and merciless ignorance and prejudice. THAT form of speech should not be "free," that form of speech has one goal in mind - to harm.

Aska
11-20-2015, 11:18 PM
I also would like to point out this:

We turned away people fleeing the Nazis. Please for the love of God/Gods/Odin/Satan, do NOT REPEAT this history.

Sci_Girl
11-20-2015, 11:19 PM
I WILL SAY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN: I. HAVE. NO. PROBLE WITH PEOPLE OF ANY RACE WHO WANT TO COME HERE AND STAY AND WORK AND CONTRIBUTE TO THIS COUNTRY!!!!!

So by extension if a Syrian refugee said they would be more than willing to work wherever in the Country doing whatever job was available then you would be okay with them coming over? They would be legally coming to the US and I would imagine the majority would be excited for the opportunity to work.

haiqtpi
11-20-2015, 11:24 PM
I also would like to point out this:

We turned away people fleeing the Nazis. Please for the love of God/Gods/Odin/Satan, do NOT REPEAT this history.

Yes - so much this! People's inability to think logically and objectively terrifies me. WWII was what...70 years ago? Have the lessons learned died with that generation? It is sickening, people can be all offended by what happened to the Jews, and yet be so unmoved or ambivalent at best, when it comes to those being terrorized by ISIS. What happened in France is a reason to defy these animals and fight back, not sit back and be timid, because you know what? Many people lost their lives in Paris, and many in Mali (the most recent terrorist attack), we feel these losses as a global community - but ENTIRE VILLAGES are being massacred, women are being raped repeatedly and exchanged as currency. Children and women are being slaughtered and buried in mass graves a la WWII. These are the things that are going on in the world right now. Families are once again being destroyed on a daily basis, and all in the name of what? And then SOMEHOW, certain elements of the world, and more scarily, in the so called "land of the free," have the AUDACITY to look down upon/with suspicion, these very victims. It is an outrage - shame on those who would turn their backs on another human being in a time like this.

Fleur
11-20-2015, 11:25 PM
Let's be real here, it's not like Whither backed up any of her arguments with proper evidence unless you count racist/uninformed comments as evidence? I even asked for evidence/statistics how she knows that most "illegals" are Mexicans/Indians, but she never responded to me. Granted, I was pretty heated after reading through this thread and shouldn't have lashed out, but I think my comments are justified tbh...

It's hardly a discussion to begin with if you read her first post on this thread, filled with unnecessarily racist comments that really had nothing to do with the topic at hand. Like ok we get it, there will always be people who are going through tough times, it's life, but if we're able to help, why not lend a hand where we can? Is <20k refugees going to have an impact on the American economy? Maybe, but would it be drastic enough that it would have an effect on every American citizen? Unlikely.

Curse
11-20-2015, 11:44 PM
Perhaps this is a little naive, but I'm all about helping PEOPLE. Regardless of where they currently reside, regardless of what's happened around them in their home. A person who lives anywhere is still a person potentially has a family, people who love them, etc. I don't see the point in turning people away? I can't view it as anything other than being completely fucking ignorant, basing opinions upon stereotypes and being straight up racist. Yeah, there's obviously going to be bad apples in any group of people, but what percentage is that? Regardless of where they were born these are still human beings and I think people should HELP people. We're all of the human race, we should stick together and help each other out. I think people are blinded by fear in situations like this. Shitty things happen, man. No one can control that. But honestly like.. why not try to help people? Improve some innocent lives significantly.

Skarner
11-20-2015, 11:46 PM
Let's be real here, it's not like Whither backed up any of her arguments with proper evidence unless you count racist/uninformed comments as evidence? I even asked for evidence/statistics how she knows that most "illegals" are Mexicans/Indians, but she never responded to me. Granted, I was pretty heated after reading through this thread and shouldn't have lashed out, but I think my comments are justified tbh...

It's hardly a discussion to begin with if you read her first post on this thread, filled with unnecessarily racist comments that really had nothing to do with the topic at hand. Like ok we get it, there will always be people who are going through tough times, it's life, but if we're able to help, why not lend a hand where we can? Is <20k refugees going to have an impact on the American economy? Maybe, but would it be drastic enough that it would have an effect on every American citizen? Unlikely.

Here's statistics from the US Department of Homeland Security showing the illegal immigrant population. Granted, it's for 2010 and 2012, but I doubt numbers have changed drastically in the last 3 years. Hard to be taken seriously when one of the points she has is factually wrong, but she doesn't deserve to be attacked personally.
Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Fleur
11-21-2015, 12:04 AM
Here's statistics from the US Department of Homeland Security showing the illegal immigrant population. Granted, it's for 2010 and 2012, but I doubt numbers have changed drastically in the last 3 years. Hard to be taken seriously when one of the points she has is factually wrong, but she doesn't deserve to be attacked personally.
Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Oh thanks for that. Looks like the US population is 318.9 million (from Google), and if illegal immigrants comprise a total of 11.4 mil, that's only like 3.5% of the population. Would they really put much of a dent on the American economy though? I'm not trying to justify illegal immigration, but the numbers speak for themselves I think. I did read somewhere in this thread that most illegal immigrants pay for taxes as well (I didn't check for sources to confirm but y'know). Is 20k people going to have an effect on 318.9 million people? That's like 0.006% of the population lol, and they're not illegal either so they'll most definitely be contributing towards the economy once they get settled in

haiqtpi
11-21-2015, 12:13 AM
I
Oh thanks for that. Looks like the US population is 318.9 million (from Google), and if illegal immigrants comprise a total of 11.4 mil, that's only like 3.5% of the population. Would they really put much of a dent on the American economy though? I'm not trying to justify illegal immigration, but the numbers speak for themselves I think. I did read somewhere in this thread that most illegal immigrants pay for taxes as well (I didn't check for sources to confirm but y'know). Is 20k people going to have an effect on 318.9 million people? That's like 0.6% of the population lol, and they're not illegal either so they'll most definitely be contributing towards the economy once they get settled in

As I mentioned above, those illegal aliens do not even cost the government a fraction of what overweight people do, in terms of taxpayer dollars. Secondly, while I have no source for this statement due to being on my phone, I think that it's fairly safe to say that the refugees will not be taking away from funds already set aside for the American people - there are emergency appropriations that the government can raise. Honesty, regardless of whether or not they contribute, and one can assume that they will, fleeing what they did suggests that they will want to restore a semblance of normality to their lives, they should be looked after. The horrors that the Syrians and Iraqis have endured at the hands of ISIS are life-scarring

Ph0enix
11-21-2015, 12:30 AM
So by extension if a Syrian refugee said they would be more than willing to work wherever in the Country doing whatever job was available then you would be okay with them coming over? They would be legally coming to the US and I would imagine the majority would be excited for the opportunity to work.
Absolutely! They would be earning money and contributing and not at all a burden on anyone else. This was just one part of an opinion spun horribly out of control. I didn't mean ANY OF what I said to be racist at all. It was never my intention, hence the note in my post explaining I wasn't racist at all. These are issues covered on the news, and the view of alot of others. Royalty said exactly what i was trying to say, hust worded a whole lot better than i did when i was high lol. It's unfortunate that everyone took it the wrong way. Seriously. I worded it wrong and it sounded a whole lot worse in writing than it did in my head. I should NEVER have made the mistake of mentioning any race. Nor should I have forgotten to add that I wouldnt care at all if in 5 generations there will be no more races. It was literally a thought that popped into my mind when I was typing and then I continued and didn't finish it. If that happened there would be no more racism at all, I actually think that would be wonderful. I've had so many discussions with people about this.

Anyway back to what you asked, the OP asked about illegals in her post and I answered about it. We live right next to brazil, cuba, and mexico. most of the influx of people we get who come here are from those areas. That was why they were mentioned. I just read back what I said about Indians and I can actually see why people took that as racist.. I just said that (again, poorly worded) because generally that is what they do.

I do have the fear aspect of this that was completely breezed over.. I do not think every refugee who comes here is a terrorist, not at all. However, they caught one already who was posing as a refugee. That's scary because it puts a dangerous person right here and they are capable of anything.

I really wish I never responded last night, but rather when I was more clear headed and I could have avoided all of this.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Your answer above ^

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Oh, I didn't answer the financial part.. I tried to think of a good analogy for this, but anyway.. If you think of those stats as a large company, filled with hundreds of employees, but there are 35 people routinely stealing money. While that doesn't sound like alot, it still detriments the entire company's money, all the way from the lowest jobs in the company, all the way to the owner. Some may notice it alot more than others, some not at all.. but it is still money coming out of the company that shouldn't have in the first place. I hope that makes sense.

Mophead
11-21-2015, 12:31 AM
Absolutely! They would be earning money and contributing and not at all a burden on anyone else. This was just one part of an opinion spun horribly out of control. I didn't mean ANY OF what I said to be racist at all. It was never my intention, hence the note in my post explaining I wasn't racist at all. These are issues covered on the news, and the view of alot of others. Royalty said exactly what i was trying to say, hust worded a whole lot better than i did when i was high lol. It's unfortunate that everyone took it the wrong way. Seriously. I worded it wrong and it sounded a whole lot worse in writing than it did in my head. I should NEVER have made the mistake of mentioning any race. Nor should I have forgotten to add that I wouldnt care at all if in 5 generations there will be no more races. It was literally a thought that popped into my mind when I was typing and then I continued and didn't finish it. If that happened there would be no more racism at all, I actually think that would be wonderful. I've had so many discussions with people about this.

Anyway back to what you asked, the OP asked about illegals in her post and I answered about it. We live right next to brazil, cuba, and mexico. most of the influx of people we get who come here are from those areas. That was why they were mentioned. I just read back what I said about Indians and I can actually see why people took that as racist.. I just said that (again, poorly worded) because generally that is what they do.

I do have the fear aspect of this that was completely breezed over.. I do not think every refugee who comes here is a terrorist, not at all. However, they caught one already who was posing as a refugee. That's scary because it puts a dangerous person right here and they are capable of anything.

I really wish I never responded last night, but rather when I was more clear headed and I could have avoided all of this.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Your answer above ^

Fuck fear. America has troops fighting for freedom for these refugees.
The least we can do is get over the fear of having the VERY SLIM possibility of one of the refugees being a terrorist.
These people have actual fear. Trying to get away from these massacres that are just at their doorsteps.
As far as I'm concerned. they have every reason to be scared. We don't, and we shouldn't be scared. Not of the refugees anyways. Period.

Drizzy
11-21-2015, 12:33 AM

Are you shocked by my choice of words?
Wow the tables have turned
This entire message you laid out for me is just gibbering
It's a repetitive pattern with you
You have your opinions, you proudly boast them, and often times people disagree with you because the statements you make are ignorant and uneducated and in this case downright fucking racist
You create these sorts of situations for yourself where you can't back up your argument and start screaming at people to get your point across rather keeping your fucking mouth shut after you say the most ludicrous things and becoming better for it. Rather, you choose to become stubborn and stand by your racist, ignorant and or uneducated statements in an attempt to reinforce them
Every few months I'll decide to call you out for your stupidity and every few months you'll cry bloody fucking murder like you did here - same goes with everyone who disagrees with your opinion
I DONT LIKE YOU/STOP TALKING TO ME/I DONT CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY BECAUSE I JUST SAID THE DUMBEST THING IN THE WORLD LIKE IM STATING FACTS BUT CANT BACK IT UP WITH ANY EVIDENCE
We've been doing this dance for years
Even telling you to grow the fuck seems futile since that's been done plenty of times already.

You asked me will I let this go and leave you alone. I never really held onto it but sure I'll let it go, will you admit you made an extremely ignorant and racist comment?
Would be a good first step towards the whole "grow the fuck up Kay you're acting like a fucking child scenario"

Ph0enix
11-21-2015, 12:41 AM
Fuck fear. America has troops fighting for freedom for these refugees.
The least we can do is get over the fear of having the VERY SLIM possibility of one of the refugees being a terrorist.
These people have actual fear. Trying to get away from these massacres that are just at their doorsteps.
As far as I'm concerned. they have every reason to be scared. We don't, and we shouldn't be scared. Not of the refugees anyways. Period.

I have fear only because of the one they caught already.. what if that one person made it in and plans a terrorist attack and goes through with it? What other reason would he have had for coming here, other than to carry out some plan? You can't even go to concerts any more. Well I mean you can and the odds are very small someone would do that at YOUR venue, but you know what I mean.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Are you shocked by my choice of words?
Wow the tables have turned
This entire message you laid out for me is just gibbering
It's a repetitive pattern with you
You have your opinions, you proudly boast them, and often times people disagree with you because the statements you make are ignorant and uneducated and in this case downright fucking racist
You create these sorts of situations for yourself where you can't back up your argument and start screaming at people to get your point across rather keeping your fucking mouth shut after you say the most ludicrous things and becoming better for it. Rather, you choose to become stubborn and stand by your racist, ignorant and or uneducated statements in an attempt to reinforce them
Every few months I'll decide to call you out for your stupidity and every few months you'll cry bloody fucking murder like you did here - same goes with everyone who disagrees with your opinion
I DONT LIKE YOU/STOP TALKING TO ME/I DONT CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY BECAUSE I JUST SAID THE DUMBEST THING IN THE WORLD LIKE IM STATING FACTS BUT CANT BACK IT UP WITH ANY EVIDENCE
We've been doing this dance for years
Even telling you to grow the fuck seems futile since that's been done plenty of times already.

You asked me will I let this go and leave you alone. I never really held onto it but sure I'll let it go, will you admit you made an extremely ignorant and racist comment?
Would be a good first step towards the whole "grow the fuck up Kay you're acting like a fucking child scenario"

I am literally never going to change your mind about me or improve your opinion of me in any way nor do I care I just want you to leave me alone like I do to you. Because that's what you told me to do.

Fleur
11-21-2015, 12:45 AM
Oh, I didn't answer the financial part.. I tried to think of a good analogy for this, but anyway.. If you think of those stats as a large company, filled with hundreds of employees, but there are 35 people routinely stealing money. While that doesn't sound like alot, it still detriments the entire company's money, all the way from the lowest jobs in the company, all the way to the owner. Some may notice it alot more than others, some not at all.. but it is still money coming out of the company that shouldn't have in the first place. I hope that makes sense.

Humans who need to relocate due to life threatening situations is apparently a part of a company now? That is a terrible analogy and oversimplifies the complex issues that Syrian refugees are facing. You're still going on about them stealing money from the US, despite the statistics showing that they're a very, very tiny fraction of the US population.

Like... That is just so greedy, to not want to allow refugees to enter your country because some "money" will be taken away. Wow... You care about some ambiguous sum of money more than humans who need help...

Ph0enix
11-21-2015, 12:53 AM
Humans who need to relocate due to life threatening situations is apparently a part of a company now? That is a terrible analogy and oversimplifies the complex issues that Syrian refugees are facing. You're still going on about them stealing money from the US, despite the statistics showing that they're a very, very tiny fraction of the US population.

Oh come on, seriously? My ANALOGY was a company, and I wasn't even talking about Syria. You asked if illegals detriment the country and I explained, with an ANALOGY, that yes, they do.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

I seriously tried to answer you in a nice way, despite the tone of your earlier posts.. calm down. We're having a discussion. You're not even reading my posts right before you answer.

Curse
11-21-2015, 12:53 AM
Keep diggin' your own grave, Kay.

Fleur
11-21-2015, 12:54 AM
Oh come on, seriously? My ANALOGY was a company, and I wasn't even talking about Syria. You asked if illegals detriment the country and I explained, with an ANALOGY, that yes, they do.

Ok so let me ask you this, do any of these money stealers affect you personally? Like, do they steal money directly from your pocket? You keep talking about money being stolen, but like... Where are the numbers? Where's the data?

Edit: also, I don't claim to know anythign about the American economy, but I'd also like to ask if you know anything about the American economy? haiqtpi raised an interesting point about obese people in America and how they negatively impact the economy more so than refugees/undocumented workers. If obese people negatively impact the economy more so than undocumented workers, should we just not let any obese people in America anymore?

Mophead
11-21-2015, 12:57 AM
Ok so let me ask you this, do any of these money stealers affect you personally? Like, do they steal money directly from your pocket? You keep talking about money being stolen, but like... Where are the numbers? Where's the data?

Edit: also, I don't claim to know anythign about the American economy, but I'd also like to ask if you know anything about the American economy? haiqtpi raised an interesting point about obese people in America and how they negatively impact the economy more so than refugees/undocumented workers. If obese people negatively impact the economy more so than undocumented workers, should we just not let any obese people in America anymore?

Not gonna lie.
I read the ending of your quote and all that went through my mind was "SORRY MOM, YA GOTTA GO"

I love my mom. But it made me laugh.

Maison
11-21-2015, 01:06 AM
omggggg

Fleur
11-21-2015, 01:09 AM
Based on this bloomberg article ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), it looks like the economy costs from obesity are as follows:

$315.8 billion in 2010 for medical care bills
$8.65 billion a year for expensive treatment for chronic illnesses

And from this Fortune article ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), here's what I found:

On its website, the White House says that by 2023, the U. S. economy will lose some $80 billion in economic output by not allowing a path to citizenship for the estimated 11 million undocumented workers.

undocumented immigrants cost U.S. and state governments $113 billion a year in welfare programs

if the undocumented immigrants currently living in the United States were provided legal status, the 10-year cumulative increase in the gross domestic product (GDP) would be $832 billion.

So based off of the numbers, obese people should not be allowed in America anymore me thinks, they cost the American economy way too much!

haiqtpi
11-21-2015, 01:25 AM
Based on this bloomberg article ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), it looks like the economy costs from obesity are as follows:

And from this Fortune article ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), here's what I found:

So based off of the numbers, obese people should not be allowed in America anymore me thinks, they cost the American economy way too much!

Thanks for looking up those stats! I was taking a shit but could not wait until I got back to my desktop to reply - her words are infuriating and ignorant AF. I recalled this stat from a study my lab did on obesity and food addiction, and I remember having my mind blown when I thought about how big that number really was.

Drizzy
11-21-2015, 01:27 AM
I am literally never going to change your mind about me or improve your opinion of me in any way nor do I care I just want you to leave me alone like I do to you. Because that's what you told me to do.

Way to prove everything I said in my previous post right.
You have a thick skull and a small mind.

Gonna address a few points that people made and add my opinion before closing this thread. As for everyone else, trying talk to sense into whither is like trying to teach a dog to speak English. Nothing short of a miracle could make that happen.

This question was posed by an American for American people
I'm Australian, I have no problem with Syrian refugees seeking shelter here and will welcome them with open arms
Someone stated that Hungary, Canada and Australia are taking in the most amount of people and considering all three of these countries are not as rich as the United States, Americans should be pretty fucking ashamed.
The question of tax payer dollars being footed to help refugees and how you don't have enough for your own people is pretty stupid in its own right - it's a question of humanity. Money isn't worth countless lives
That's my opinion. Lives matter more than money. And I personally see it as our responsibility to do what we can to help those less fortunate than us.
Don't mean to attack people from the states specifically but this thread is outlined to you, so I feel like it needs to be mentioned.
America has been selling weapons to the Middle East for however many decades, you have been ripping oil from the Gulf since the 60s probably, even going so far as to invade Iraq and destroying the country. Was it for oil? Was it for nuclear weapons? I don't know, I'm not going to speculate. The point I'm trying to make is the U.S. has profited trillions from the Middle East. Your government invaded Iraq and gave rise to ISIS and left the country a fucking shamble. Andrew said there's no profit/benefit in helping the refugees. There isn't, you guys have profited enough. The only thing left is the mess you're partly responsible for and I firmly believe it's your fucking duty to help Syrian refugees, just like it's Australia's, Canada's or even Great Britain's. This is a world issue, not an American issue, but the actions of America and its allies are the cause of the destruction in Iraq and subsequent rise of ISIS.
Take your red white and blue shades off and see the world for what it is.