PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler, code, signatures and other BBCode tags hidden from guests

j03
10-22-2015, 05:47 PM
This has been requested in the past and I think it should be in place. If you are clraik rank and up this should not affect your account. :)

The feature will help keep our Mystery Picture answers from reaching the public so fast as well.

Pusheen
10-22-2015, 06:28 PM
I shall start spoiler-ing all now thanks :P

Ban
10-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Thanks boss, this is a great addition <3

Brickhaus
10-22-2015, 06:46 PM
Thanks Joe!

I was just thinking about this the other day, but figured that guests were able to see it so they would be enticed by the MPic answers to join the community. Guess I was wrong. :P

Bimbo
10-22-2015, 08:50 PM
This is a really great addition ( even though I'm a few posts off clraik :rolleyes: )
Now I can use spoilers all day errry-day!

Salivating Slorg
10-22-2015, 09:17 PM
Won't this cause a lot of problems though?

For instance:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Newbies won't be able to read ANY of this.

Not to mention, a lot of people use spoiler tags in their selling threads.
As do a lot of guides...

Brittanee
10-22-2015, 09:18 PM
Won't this cause a lot of problems though?

For instance:

Newbies won't be able to read ANY of this.

Not to mention, a lot of people use spoiler tags in their selling threads.
As do a lot of guides...

I was wondering about this, too.

faerieneo11
10-22-2015, 10:13 PM
This will just increase spam. :/

Brittanee
10-22-2015, 10:39 PM
This will just increase spam. :/

Hopefully the mods will keep on top of it. I know if I was a mod, I totally would be. xD

aoof
10-22-2015, 10:44 PM
Guess I need to start posting u____u Most of my interactions have been via messaging as I like to keep a low profile generally.

popoandia
10-22-2015, 11:12 PM
I think this is a bit unfair for unsocial users like me :( also this should be disabled on TP because I can't see anything!!!

Relief
10-22-2015, 11:44 PM
I am laughing my ass off right now ....

See, not long after I post about the decline here and make a suggestion ... this comes out.

Instead of taking away from the newcomers for simple rewards, why not just ask them to make an 'Intro' post and answer a few community questions. Then, a MOD could manually approve them to see spoilers.

Communities are built around relationships. Relationships can only thrive if people put themselves out there.

There are so many other ways to increase engagement. If your purpose was to prevent leaks, why not just offer things like Mystery Pic to VIPs?

If you want valuable post count to increase, give people a reason to chat.

Knighted
10-22-2015, 11:45 PM
I think the benefits do outweigh the pitfalls in the long run. But it does make it a little more difficult in attracting fresh faces especially for selling markets, if most of the content isn't visible to them.

Naked Gamer
10-23-2015, 12:01 AM
I think the benefits do outweigh the pitfalls in the long run. But it does make it a little more difficult in attracting fresh faces especially for selling markets, if most of the content isn't visible to them.

get more active or buy VIP problem solved

Relief
10-23-2015, 12:04 AM

Dude .... look at her feedback score ... she purchases on site ... has been a member for over a year ... so no ... problem not solved. Problem RECOGNIZED

Knighted
10-23-2015, 12:08 AM

I'm not having a major fuss over this new feature, I'm just concerned at how it will effect the already bare/quiet markets. Prospective new customers can't really see what's for sale if they're spoiler hidden (which a lot of content is) and therefore might be less incentivised to actually bother spending their time/money to obtain access.

Aska
10-23-2015, 12:27 AM
I'm not the most social either but I don't how see making 50 posts is going to end the world here either.

You don't even really have to interact with anyone. Just make some comments on, for example, your favourite candy. Make some comments about stupid things going on Neopets...

Naked Gamer
10-23-2015, 12:30 AM
Dude .... look at her feedback score ... she purchases on site ... has been a member for over a year ... so no ... problem not solved. Problem RECOGNIZED

i noticed the feedback score but if you post 50 times which only takes few days and that's being not that active you'll be right. trust newbies to group up on me on this one lmao.

all it takes is 50 post it's not hard to be active for a week when you sign up!

Relief
10-23-2015, 12:42 AM
scarmans
Ummm ... making random comments isn't going to accomplish the purpose.

Not only that, it's pretty clear that us 'Newbies' are far more aware of the concepts that promote forum growth.

You're insane if you think that this will help at all .... think of how much is hidden by spoiler ... links, all pictures, trading threads, etc.

You're not just taking away the desire for people to check out the forum ... because they'd have to invest time to even peek, you're taking away from sellers, people who create meaningful posts because they aren't reaching newbies, .....

It's people with your kind of attitude and lack of recognition for the fresh prospects that make this idea seem ok....

Knighted
10-23-2015, 12:46 AM
scarmans I'm just voicing my opinions about the new announcement and how it effects us newbies and potential new comers to CK. I'm not sure if it was your intention but your comments are coming off a little passive aggressive / insensitive, but that's your prerogative :P

Naked Gamer
10-23-2015, 12:49 AM
scarmans
Ummm ... making random comments isn't going to accomplish the purpose.

Not only that, it's pretty clear that us 'Newbies' are far more aware of the concepts that promote forum growth.

You're insane if you think that this will help at all .... think of how much is hidden by spoiler ... links, all pictures, trading threads, etc.

You're not just taking away the desire for people to check out the forum ... because they'd have to invest time to even peek, you're taking away from sellers, people who create meaningful posts because they aren't reaching newbies, .....

It's people with your kind of attitude and lack of recognition for the fresh prospects that make this idea seem ok....

human curiosity will get people to post because there will be a "registration require that will show in the spoiler" the purpose is like any site to increase/create activity this will do that and who knows maybe some newbies will like talking more and talk more. you do know this won't end all life on earth right?

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

scarmans I'm just voicing my opinions about the new announcement and how it effects us newbies and potential new comers to CK. I'm not sure if it was your intention but your comments are coming off a little passive aggressive / insensitive, but that's your prerogative :P

lol have you read my profile this is me in normal mode :D , if it sounded little like that anyways it wasn't meant too but seriously 50 post isn't hard to do it should be higher if you ask me.

Relief
10-23-2015, 12:52 AM
human curiosity will get people to post because there will be a "registration require that will show in the spoiler" the purpose is like any site is to increase/create activity this will do that and who knows maybe some newbies will like talking more and talk more. you do know this won't end all life on earth right?

LOL ... I don't even know how to say anything nicely anymore, so I wont...

Let me try and put this into simple terms for you. Requiring 50 posts to view a spoiler is like .... Asking someone to pay for the concert without knowing who the band is ... Pretty unlikely anyone shows up, but some will.

Also who said anything about this ending life on earth? Dramatic much? It's just another thing that's going to aid in the decline of ck ...

50 posts shouldn't be hard huh? ... Well fuck it ... reset your post count then. You've been a member of ck for over 1200 days and are averaging a little over 3.5 posts per day .... it would take you 2 weeks to get 50. Oh and then you wouldn't even know what you're getting for it lol .... gl, way to make sense.

Naked Gamer
10-23-2015, 12:56 AM
LOL ... I don't even know how to say anything nicely anymore, so I wont...

Let me try and put this into simple terms for you. Requiring 50 posts to view a spoiler is like .... Asking someone to pay for the concert without knowing who the band is ... Pretty unlikely anyone shows up, but some will.

Also who said anything about this ending life on earth? Dramatic much? It's just another thing that's going to aid in the decline of ck ...

50 posts shouldn't be hard huh? ... Well fuck it ... reset your post count then.

i've done 90+ post and on avg when i'm at work i do 50+ easy because i'm bored.

i'd actually pay to see a concert even if i didn't know who was playing, i love surprises and love random stuff to happen in my life. everything that have to be known. when i first joined this forum i wasn't active for a year i actually brought VIP myself for the longest time it's only in the last 2 years i've made my post count.

maybe it's me that should break down its only 50 post not the end of the world!

Mophead
10-23-2015, 01:17 AM
tl;dr 50 posts to get above Newbie rank is easy.
If you're end game goal is to get to see spoilers and links only, then you probably shouldn't see them anyways.

Shit, look at the newbie post count rise just by posting on this thread. smh

If you can't post 50 meaningful/non spam/non flaming posts, then you shouldn't exactly see what could be considered "delicate" information.

Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong.

I already know I'm right and people will agree with me ;)

cookiemunster
10-23-2015, 01:33 AM
I don't understand why everyone is freaking out over the 50 post requirement. That is the easiest requirement for any site I've been on like this. CK is the most laid back and open cheating forum I've seen. Hell there is a guest, which could be a TNT member for all we know, viewing this thread right now. On other sites you practically have to give a urine sample before you can see sensitive information. lol
Seriously though, the requirement is just a precaution to keep members of CK safe. Who's to say some butt hurt PCer, or whoever, doesn't stumble across this site, makes an account, and immediately starts trying to find people to out. 50 posts isn't meant to be done in one day. I'd like to think that the person wouldn't stick around for days posting just to try and find people to out. They would likely get bored, get over it, and leave (or stay and join the dark side lol)

potatoespotate
10-23-2015, 01:41 AM
I know scarmans would not have a problem with 50 posts at all. just look at the adult section of the site lol. :rolleyes:

a few newbies are now posting spam all over dead topics though. :o are they going to be modded?

t3d
10-23-2015, 03:30 AM
Limiting access to a website based off of a declining game is probably not the best business decision but I guess it promotes user activity, superficial or not.

Naked Gamer
10-23-2015, 03:47 AM
I know scarmans would not have a problem with 50 posts at all. just look at the adult section of the site lol. :rolleyes:

a few newbies are now posting spam all over dead topics though. :o are they going to be modded?

They'll likely get spam infraction or a warning I guess. I noticed that instantly too haha. It's not hard to post 50 non spam post like it doesn't happen instantly but over 8hrs easy!!

Like I always say noobs be noobing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Limiting access to a website based off of a declining game is probably not the best business decision but I guess it promotes user activity, superficial or not.

Declining!! Where did you get that fact from? Statistic sites that track websites like Neopets have shown Neopets actually grow in the last year!! Probably research before stating a fact.

Oryx
10-23-2015, 05:18 AM
I don't mind this.

However I did notice with the change that all of my messages sent & received are invisible.
I tried several browsers with the same result. (the content appears quoted in the quick reply at the bottom of the page though)

genesis
10-23-2015, 06:06 AM
I don't see a problem with it.
Kinda close to 50 anyway. :rolleyes:

Bowsette
10-23-2015, 06:20 AM
I am very glad for this. Keeps PCers that want to make a newbie account and spy much harder :P
scarmans
Don't waste your breath on Relief. He doesn't listen to anything XD

Naked Gamer
10-23-2015, 06:21 AM
I am very glad for this. Keeps PCers that want to make a newbie account and spy much harder :P
scarmans
Don't waste your breath on Relief. He doesn't listen to anything XD

Spoiler every post haha

I noticed with him!! Lmao it's all good if he thinks it's hard imagine what growing up for her/him (I have looked) would be like lol the struggle.

Bowsette
10-23-2015, 06:22 AM
Oh I just wanted those lil bastards to see this if they are stalking:rolleyes:

Naked Gamer
10-23-2015, 06:23 AM
Oh I just wanted those lil bastards to see this if they are stalking:rolleyes:

Haha not like they will find much anyways well now haha

j03
10-23-2015, 06:31 AM
I actually forgot I left the URL code as hidden from newbies...

It's fixed now and it was not meant to be there in the first place. I had the default settings on initially.

You can calm down now. ;)

Naked Gamer
10-23-2015, 06:53 AM
I actually forgot I left the URL code as hidden from newbies...

It's fixed now and it was not meant to be there in the first place. I had the default settings on initially.

You can calm down now. ;)

So newbies can't see spoilers right now? Cool I feel special.

Brittanee
10-23-2015, 09:43 AM
The only people up in arms about this are newbies. The thing is, this kind of stuff is meant for our community members and people who contribute to the site. So, just contribute a bit for a little while and you can have access to it all. It's less than 10 posts a day for 6 days.

Relief
10-23-2015, 09:57 AM
Nidoking scarmans Your demeaning behaviors toward the newcomers to this site and lack of ANY respect for a lower 'rank' are exactly the reason you guys a grade A fucktards. Nidoking, I'll make sure to follow your selling threads with your statements, just to show those 'newbie' buyers how awesome are. Scarmans, the part that bugs me the most about you is that you don't realize how stupid you are.

No matter how you look at it, this will increase spam, decrease user activity, and result in Newbies not making purchase on trades because ohhhh they can't see spoilers. Finding a balance is critical ... I can't argue with these morons because they are completely unaware of the fundamentals of a BUSINESS.

Look, arguing is healthy, but stop being so damn stubborn. Sure 50 posts is not so hard, but this is a damn cheating site ... people here look for the VERY easy. When active and valuable users aren't signing up, you have to learn to create them not by incentive, but giving them purpose.

InfamousJoe If you are set on reducing the leaking of ck exclusive information and want to bring new users in and keep user active... Make certain things earned through rep, not posts. I get that a lot of the good stuff is in spoilers, but a lot of the stuff that brings people here and keeps them here is in spoilers as well.

The biggest reason new users don't post on forums is BECAUSE they feel like they don't have any value to add but still want to utilize the resources. So give them the opportunity. Offer rep from things like, a thread where you're asked to get to know 3 ck members and post what you didn't know about them, a newbies only section dedicated to helping/answering/guiding newcomers into the community,... lots of stuff.

I really want to see this forum thrive and succeed and get that you work and can't commit the time you want to..

"When a business is built around a community, the most difficult task is opening the doors for the valuable and finding a way to lock the doors for the invaluable."

Naked Gamer
10-23-2015, 10:05 AM
Spam is monitored, demeaning? We're trying to help as much as possible. You seem completely blind to help. :D and I'll just agree because I don't care lol when you want a hug I'm here waiting.

Relief
10-23-2015, 10:09 AM
Spam is monitored, demeaning? We're trying to help as much as possible. You seem completely blind to help. :D and I'll just agree because I don't care lol when you want a hug I'm here waiting.

Dude ... I swear it's like you read only one line and don't think about the whole conversation.

You acting as commander of a troop is demeaning. Newbies are not members to be ordered around or treated as they need to earn respect. They are supposed to be treated as fresh friends working toward the common goal of the forum ...

Ban
10-23-2015, 10:09 AM
Nidoking scarmans Your demeaning behaviors toward the newcomers to this site and lack of ANY respect for a lower 'rank' are exactly the reason you guys a grade A fucktards. Nidoking, I'll make sure to follow your selling threads with your statements, just to show those 'newbie' buyers how awesome are. Scarmans, the part that bugs me the most about you is that you don't realize how stupid you are.

No matter how you look at it, this will increase spam, decrease user activity, and result in Newbies not making purchase on trades because ohhhh they can't see spoilers. Finding a balance is critical ... I can't argue with these morons because they are completely unaware of the fundamentals of a BUSINESS.
InfamousJoe If you are set on reducing the leaking of ck exclusive information and want to bring new users in and keep user active... Make certain things earned through rep, not posts. I get that a lot of the good stuff is in spoilers, but a lot of the stuff that brings people here and keeps them here is in spoilers as well.

The biggest reason new users don't post on forums is BECAUSE they feel like they don't have any value to add but still want to utilize the resources. So give them the opportunity. Offer rep from things like, a thread where you're asked to get to know 3 ck members and post what you didn't know about them, a newbies only section dedicated to helping/answering/guiding newcomers into the community,... lots of stuff.

I really want to see this forum thrive and succeed and get that you work and can't commit the time you want to..

Would you please give me an example of any situation in life where you would not do anything valuable and still get to utilize the resources you want? c:
Look, the only ones complaining are newbies, and like many others explained before, it's less than 10 posts a day, we are a community, we want people to get along, build friendships and talk about anything, we want people interacting, not loads of people that don't even introduce themselves :/
You do realize clraiK is not only about Neopets? We have a section for everything, a simple research will find you threads that are of your interest, soon you will find someone that shares the same likes, that's what clraiK is about, it's about people, we are a big family :)
We are here to help, and you guys should understand that this is not only about leaking information, it's about protecting us, and that includes you newbies and our information as a whole.
I'm sure this wouldn't be implemented if it wasn't for a good reason, and of course every scenario was taken in account when making this decision, so please understand :/ scarmans and Nidoking are two awesome members and great personal friends of mine, not grade A fucktards as you instantly judged them, you just gotta learn more about them, and the way you do that is socializing.
I understand some people do not like to socialize, I didn't like too, and for a long time I didn't, I was like everyone else, I didn't think I'd be of any value to this website, I thought I was going to be annoying, but eventually I met a few cool people that made me see clraiK in another way I didn't before, now I feel like an important member and helped the community in every aspect I could.
I'm always reporting what needs to be reported, I'm always answering questions when I know the answer, I have a guide that helped people in the Altador Cup over the last 3 years, I made the Mystery Picture thread popular again, etc, and honestly? It feels GREAT.

Hopefully this text will open your mind, I hope :$

Relief
10-23-2015, 10:17 AM
Would you please give me an example of any situation in life where you would not do anything valuable and still get to utilize the resources you want? c:
Look, the only ones complaining are newbies, and like many others explained before, it's less than 10 posts a day, we are a community, we want people to get along, build friendships and talk about anything, we want people interacting, not loads of people that don't even introduce themselves :/
You do realize clraiK is not only about Neopets? We have a section for everything, a simple research will find you threads that are of your interest, soon you will find someone that shares the same likes, that's what clraiK is about, it's about people, we are a big family :)
We are here to help, and you guys should understand that this is not only about leaking information, it's about protecting us, and that includes you newbies and our information as a whole.
I'm sure this wouldn't be implemented if it wasn't for a good reason, and of course every scenario was taken in account when making this decision, so please understand :/ scarmans and Nidoking are two awesome members and great personal friends of mine, not grade A fucktards as you instantly judged them, you just gotta learn more about them, and the way you do that is socializing.
I understand some people do not like to socialize, I didn't like too, and for a long time I didn't, I was like everyone else, I didn't think I'd be of any value to this website, I thought I was going to be annoying, but eventually I met a few cool people that made me see clraiK in another way I didn't before, now I feel like an important member and helped the community in every aspect I could.
I'm always reporting what needs to be reported, I'm always answering questions when I know the answer, I have a guide that helped people in the Altador Cup over the last 3 years, I made the Mystery Picture thread popular again, etc, and honestly? It feels GREAT.

Hopefully this text will open your mind, I hope :$

1. This is not a 'real life situation' it's a forum/business seeking the acquisition of fresh prospects and user engagement. So to answer your question ... can I think of any successful forum/businesses that require nothing for value .... yes, all of them. That's how trust and business is earned, by providing and allowing newcomers to extract something they want. This should act as a segue into a product/goal.

Let's think of the forums/businesses that have required something like this in the past and still gather new faces ... there are none.

2. The focus of the site is Neopets ... if you took it away it would be nothing, so that statement was meaningless.

3. You do offer a ton of value here and expect nothing in return. Unfortunately, i don't care if they're good friends of yours, they're idiots.

4. You just proved what I said ... you didn't post in the beginning because you didn't feel you had anything valuable to add.... Then something happened that gave you purpose on site ... wow what I said again ...

Naked Gamer
10-23-2015, 10:26 AM
Dude ... I swear it's like you read only one line and don't think about the whole conversation.

You acting as commander of a troop is demeaning. Newbies are not members to be ordered around or treated as they need to earn respect. They are supposed to be treated as fresh friends working toward the common goal of the forum ...

Orders now? What will you come up with what I'm saying next from your perspective?

Helping people is ordering now?

If you think I'm a commander cool first time I've heard that from anyone I'll take it. Lol. Still want that hug?

Ban
10-23-2015, 10:36 AM
1. This is not a 'real life situation' it's a forum/business seeking the acquisition of fresh prospects and user engagement. So to answer your question ... can I think of any successful forum/businesses that require nothing for value .... yes, all of them. That's how trust and business is earned, by providing and allowing newcomers to extract something they want. This should act as a segue into a product/goal.

Let's think of the forums/businesses that have required something like this in the past and still gather new faces ... there are none.

2. The focus of the site is Neopets ... if you took it away it would be nothing, so that statement was meaningless.

3. You do offer a ton of value here and expect nothing in return. Unfortunately, i don't care if they're good friends of yours, they're idiots.

4. You just proved what I said ... you didn't post in the beginning because you didn't feel you had anything valuable to add.... Then something happened that gave you purpose on site ... wow what I said again ...

It's not a business and you're dealing with real people here, so yes, it's a real life situation ;)
And nope, we have something to offer, you want it, we won't stop offering that and the requirements to access what we have to offer are nowhere as hard as other places that offer the same we do.
You want it? Meet the requirements, is it that hard?
Some people actually said that this restriction actually made them more interested in contributing and posting, so your point that this only discourages isn't true at all c:

Maybe it's the focus, but not the only thing we offer.
It would be nothing? You'd be surprised by the amount of people that are active, contribute a lot and don't even play Neo :P

Well, I do expect things in return, and I get them :)
Of course it's no one's business what I expect, but rest assured, I'm satisfied and inspired to always keep contributing ;)
And the fact that they are my friends don't matter, they are still nice if you would at least open your mind and try being friendly, what do you say?

Yes, but some people don't even post an introduction, hell, at least let us know you exist.
I made an introduction and that's when things here changed forever for me (:

Bowsette
10-23-2015, 11:17 AM
Discord offers a shit ton to this website and so does scarmans

and I offer help whenever I can. Although I'm going to be starting my new job next week I will be on here all the time I can. You are just a person who thinks his shit don't stink :P

Pusheen
10-23-2015, 11:33 AM
I'm the only one who finds amusing how Relief made a thread some weeks ago giving advice on how Clraik should increase user's activity and make things so people get encouragement to post more... but now that there's an actual thing that gives newbies a reason to be more active and a goal to reach so they can enjoy the site fully, he comes up and is totally against the idea? Like... I don't understand what he wants anymore... or if he wants things done specifically on the way he wants them to happen... but all this is just crazy for me.

I find this a great idea though, clraik is full of stalkers and taking them out the way and hiding the important content from them is perfect.
Also, there is a significant amount of newbies that get banned shortly after joining for being old banned users trying to come back, or, users that just come to call-out cheaters and make a small mess on the forum. So, making newbies reach the 50 posts with no spam is a good way to minimize this risks for other users.

Again, as some people already said, 50 posts is nothing... you can reach that in a couple weeks easily.
If you don't think the same, then I'll just think of you as an idle person who wants everything to just come up easily to your hands... or as someone who has never been to other cheating sites. Honestly, this is nothing, most forums have much higher requirements. Some of them even require you to be a member for a month to just be able to access the selling threads. A month.

PrettySarcastic
10-23-2015, 11:37 AM
I think the only thing that we could consider doing differently is to adjust the rank of Newbie.

Perhaps it should be 50 posts OR 5+ positive feedback, for people that are just here to patronize our sellers and prefer to remain quiet and under the radar. I understand not being hyper social, but agree that ck has the lowest barrier to access the trades section of any site out there. And it's absolutely the most active market.

Naked Gamer
10-23-2015, 11:40 AM
I think the only thing that we could consider doing differently is to adjust the rank of Newbie.

Perhaps it should be 50 posts OR 5+ positive feedback, for people that are just here to patronize our sellers and prefer to remain quiet and under the radar. I understand not being hyper social, but agree that ck has the lowest barrier to access the trades section of any site out there. And it's absolutely the most active market.

50 post 5-10 rep probably better since feedback requires to buy and that's if you get feedback lol

PrettySarcastic
10-23-2015, 11:44 AM
50 post 5-10 rep probably better since feedback requires to buy and that's if you get feedback lol

That's true, rep could also be considered!

I sure hope people are giving one another positive feedback for all successful transactions. Documented safe trades are really important, especially for newbies trying to get established as trustworthy buyers (or even sellers).

Naked Gamer
10-23-2015, 11:47 AM
That's true, rep could also be considered!

I sure hope people are giving one another positive feedback for all successful transactions. Documented safe trades are really important, especially for newbies trying to get established as trustworthy buyers (or even sellers).

I do, at times I don't get it back but I don't cry about it :D shit happens

Ban
10-23-2015, 11:52 AM

But you start with 10 rep already xD

Naked Gamer
10-23-2015, 11:55 AM
But you start with 10 rep already xD

15 rep then smarty pants! Completely forgot about that lol.

Either way 5rep isn't hard to get at all. Help in the PC thread for a day.

Cath
10-23-2015, 12:07 PM
"grade A fucktards", "stupid", "morons", "stubborn", "idiots".

So many degrading words towards members in such little time. Is that even supposed to make your arguments stronger? :disturbed:

This is just so rude. I wish I could negative rep right now.

Ban
10-23-2015, 12:19 PM
Cath

He's got a higher chance of getting a warning than to convince anyone xD

Bowsette
10-23-2015, 12:35 PM
"grade A fucktards", "stupid", "morons", "stubborn", "idiots".

So many degrading words towards members in such little time. Is that even supposed to make your arguments stronger? :disturbed:

This is just so rude. I wish I could negative rep right now.

I can but I don't wanna get yelled at XD

Mophead
10-23-2015, 01:08 PM
I hate stepping into shit when it's not my place, but goddamn this makes my head hurt.
Relief 50 posts isn't anything. There's plenty of forums and sub forums to be posting on without spamming or grave digging to get said 50 posts and get above Newbie rank.
If you don't think this is a real life setting, then you're poorly mistaken. There's A LOT of transactions that happen here. Dealing with real money is pretty damn real. Argue with me on that.

Coming to a site like cK and expecting everything to be ready for you just because you signed up is just retarded. Plain and simple. Why should you get what other people worked for just because you signed up? You shouldn't. There's people who have given LOADS to this community, whether it's Infamous Joe Zachafer's programs, or Drizzy hosting TC's, or anyone doing a giveaway. There's constant contribution on the site. So really, 50 posts isn't shit.

Back to the real life stuff - You made a comment about newbies not being able to buy and sell on cK. That sucks yeah, but I'd rather lose a few potential buyers for a week or two, than have the possibility of being CB'd. As someone who deals mostly with forum sales, this is a GREAT idea to protect to seller. Get CB'd for $250, or lose a $25 sale because someone can't see what I'm selling? I'd rather the latter.

Lastly, pewpewpew. I haven't seen you contribute one meaningful post thus far. Calling people that most regulars on cK interact with on a daily basis "Grade A fucktards, idiots, etc etc" isn't exactly gonna sit too well with a lot of people here. If you wanna bitch about contributions and shit, then you should figure out how much exactly people around here are gonna care about what you've even gotta say. If you're gonna try to belittle people that I know and respect then I don't got shit for you. You could come up to me with a $500 offer for some shity named converted pet I got, and I won't touch your money. Don't want it, don't need it. Got better people I can sell to.

Smoochies, love you all cK. <3

Naked Gamer
10-23-2015, 01:10 PM
I can but I don't wanna get yelled at XD

You know his shit don't stink hahaha

Bowsette
10-23-2015, 01:10 PM
You know his shit don't stink hahaha

I meant by mods :P

Naked Gamer
10-23-2015, 01:12 PM
I meant by mods :P

He would of he's pretty negative. Anyways lol

Salivating Slorg
10-23-2015, 01:45 PM
I mean, I'm not hugely bothered by this however, I don't particularly like forums. Never have.

I'm not all that social because I'm a legit user on-site and really don't want people saying "I found you on cK" or "I know who you are on cK" and then I'm automatically labeled a cheater solely for being here.
I'd probably buy stuff if I wasn't so afraid of getting frozen. lol

So all in all, this rule will likely just make me lurk and not post anymore. (Not that you guys should care or do, just commenting)

At the very least, basic guides and newbie FAQs and stuff should be edited so that they can actually read them.
My biggest thing is though, if newbies can't see anything of value on cK...what's going to make them stay here to chat in order to get 50 posts?
I visit this site multiple times a day and rarely find conversations worth putting in my 2 cents in order to reach 50 posts. lol

Just some food for thought I suppose?

Completely understand it from a seller's perspective though, that this would be something they would like.
It's a shame there isn't a special tag or something people could use that you could make not visible to newbies.

That way if you didn't want newbies buying from you, or seeing certain comments, you could do so but still allow newbies to see other things without issue?
Don't think that's possible though.

Cath
10-23-2015, 01:52 PM
I mean, I'm not hugely bothered by this however, I don't particularly like forums. Never have.

I'm not all that social because I'm a legit user on-site and really don't want people saying "I found you on cK" or "I know who you are on cK" and then I'm automatically labeled a cheater solely for being here.
I'd probably buy stuff if I wasn't so afraid of getting frozen. lol

So all in all, this rule will likely just make me lurk and not post anymore. (Not that you guys should care or do, just commenting)

At the very least, basic guides and newbie FAQs and stuff should be edited so that they can actually read them.
My biggest thing is though, if newbies can't see anything of value on cK...what's going to make them stay here to chat in order to get 50 posts?
I visit this site multiple times a day and rarely find conversations worth putting in my 2 cents in order to reach 50 posts. lol

Just some food for thought I suppose?

I don't think playing legitly on Neopets should keep you from being social on here! I did buy my account from someone else, but otherwise I do the rest legitly. :P I don't buy any items/nps/pets, but that doesn't stop me from being active!

+ If you can't find any conversations "worth putting your 2 cents", I guess you aren't looking hard enough. :P
And no one is stopping you from creating your own thread about a subject you love. :)

Salivating Slorg
10-23-2015, 01:56 PM
I don't think playing legitly on Neopets should keep you from being social on here! I did buy my account from someone else, but otherwise I do the rest legitly. :P I don't buy any items/nps/pets, but that doesn't stop me from being active!

+ If you can't find any conversations "worth putting your 2 cents", I guess you aren't looking hard enough. :P
And no one is stopping you from creating your own thread about a subject you love. :)

I've just worked far too long for what I have to take any chance at slipping up and giving up any details about my personal life. Would be a dead giveaway of who I am.
So that nixes all real world conversation on this site for me. Unless I'm just extremely vague about things...

Just one of those people that I'd rather be safe than sorry :(

Naked Gamer
10-23-2015, 01:59 PM

I'm always trying to get people to chat and open up with threads I make only hoping to help the community.

Legit? Nice.

Cath
10-23-2015, 02:03 PM
I've just worked far too long for what I have to take any chance at slipping up and giving up any details about my personal life. Would be a dead giveaway of who I am.
So that nixes all real world conversation on this site for me. Unless I'm just extremely vague about things...

No one is forcing you, but I've been able to be super active and never taking part of conversations that compromise my personal infos about my account!
Just do what you think is best for you I suppose. :) The community will stick around for a long while, so if you change your mind, you know what to do!

PrettySarcastic
10-23-2015, 02:05 PM

Hey, don't just throw in the towel. I've got hundreds of posts in a few months and not a single one overshares about my real life or tells anyone for certain who I am on neopets.com. :)

Stick around, contribute, just keep your identifying stuff to yourself.

You can be part of this community and safe in your legit account, it just requires thinking twice before sharing instead of once (or not at all). :)

j03
10-23-2015, 02:58 PM
Newbies will not be restricted after I get home. Sorry, this didn't work the way I wanted so I'm disabling it for newbies.

Brittanee
10-23-2015, 03:37 PM
Newbies will not be restricted after I get home. Sorry, this didn't work the way I wanted so I'm disabling it for newbies.

:bak::bak::bak:

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

:bak::bak::bak:

j03
10-23-2015, 03:58 PM
First off, I am locking this because I only created the topic to make a point. Had there been no bugs/glitches with this forum plugin then I would be upset with myself for leaving it open in the first place as it seemed to have attracted some unnecessary drama... :S

Thanks to those who supported the idea. It would work great except there are some issues with the plugin so I am leaving the restriction features ONLY for guests/unregistered members.

As for any negativity around how to manage and run a Neopets cheating forum,

As a final note, this will now also hide signatures which I feel makes our community that much better for people to want an account. ;)