PDA

View Full Version : Thrift Stores

Solgaleo
02-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Anyone here like going to thrift stores, or anything close to it? (yard sales, consignment stores, etc)

I try to make a habit of going to them as often as possible. You never know what you can find in those places!

I've got brand new, designer jeans (with tags on them) at the thrift store near my house for $2. Nothing wrong with them either!

Also just scored a rare PS1 game for $1 too. Freaking awesome <3

Kiminess
02-22-2012, 05:02 PM
I rarely go to them, but when I do I love it. I find it a lot of fun looking around at all the old collectibles. I once found a pair of infant shoes that were close to the same as the ones my mom bought all my brothers and I. We were all born in the 80s, with the exception of my brother who was born 91. I also once found a very old stuffed cocker spaniel plushie that looked brand new, which was the exact same as one my family has. Ours was torn up, missing ears and it's tail, so I bought the new one for only a few dollars.

Ryan~
02-22-2012, 05:37 PM
I LOVE Thrift Stores. And stores like TJ Maxx. :P You can get Polo shirts for $35. I got a $95 Polo sweater for $39.

Zioax69
02-22-2012, 05:41 PM
I hate thrift stores but my mom is soo cheap that she buys all her underwear there o_o

Khelddar
02-23-2012, 08:16 AM
You can find some real bargains at the op shop

Tachyon
02-23-2012, 08:57 AM
I stop at any sort of thrift stores, pawn shops, yard sales, and antique stores whenever I get the chance. I normally don't buy everyday objects, but I always look for an oddity that I have never seen before. It's always fun to rummage through the shelfs.

John
02-23-2012, 09:17 AM
not a fan, i find most of the stuff very very very tacky

Solgaleo
02-23-2012, 01:38 PM
How can you find stuff tacky? You got to have an open mind when you go into thrift stores/discount stores/etc!

Places like Goodwill are awesome too! I got a working SNES + Street Fighter 2 for about $10 at a store in Maine. And I still have it now! *pats it*

Kristin
02-23-2012, 09:24 PM
I looooove thrifty places like yard sales and such. I also live really close to a huge flea market that sells awesome stuff!
I hate paying full price for anything. I'm a sale queen! Love stores like Ross and Marshalls too. I just got a $100 designer purse for $15 the other day. <3

Pickles
02-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Thrift stores are boss.
I got a uke there for 3 dollars, in fine condish. I've also gotten many guitar/uke accessories for dirt cheap there, as well as cds.
Theres also this old book that no one buys at our goodwill, everyone writes in it like its a diary.

sweetpea
02-24-2012, 02:02 AM
yes, i love thrift stores! my friend lives near a thrift store so we always go whenever i visit her. actually she lives near a lot of thrift stores, but i've only been to goodwill. ): i love yard sales too, but i always see "yard sale" signs after they end. T___T

Solgaleo
02-24-2012, 02:33 AM
I normally have that luck with yard sales too. It's like 'EFFFF'

I love going to them and buyinig old video game stuff (I collect that kind of stuff), and getting heug deals because people don't know how much things are actually worth :P