PDA

View Full Version : Any NHL fans out there?

Skarner
09-24-2015, 12:37 AM
Hockey season is starting very soon, which team you guys support? I support one of the worst teams in the last 10 years.. But we have a generational player coming this season! #Oilers

Misha
09-24-2015, 09:09 AM
MINNESOTA WILD WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't even express my excitement for hockey to start

Skarner
09-24-2015, 09:59 AM
MINNESOTA WILD WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't even express my excitement for hockey to start
I'm cautiously optimistic this season. Been down this road for 9 years. [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

Misha
09-24-2015, 11:47 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic this season. Been down this road for 9 years. [emoji22]

Same with every Minnesota Vikings fan lol

Aska
09-24-2015, 04:24 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Cath
09-24-2015, 04:53 PM

Skarner
09-24-2015, 06:05 PM
Carey Price is a god

Raichuu
09-25-2015, 08:14 AM
My team is the Blackhawks, but I have some loyalty toward the Pens. I feel like you have to partially support your city's team right? But yeah I didn't jump on the Blackhawks bandwagon, swear it.

I've noticed I tend to follow and support teams based on their players. I basically decide I like a team depending on if my favorite players are on the team xD Saad just got traded so I've become an overnight Blue Jackets fan. Bleh. Never did I think the day would come.

Skarner
09-27-2015, 07:18 AM
My team is the Blackhawks, but I have some loyalty toward the Pens. I feel like you have to partially support your city's team right? But yeah I didn't jump on the Blackhawks bandwagon, swear it.

I've noticed I tend to follow and support teams based on their players. I basically decide I like a team depending on if my favorite players are on the team xD Saad just got traded so I've become an overnight Blue Jackets fan. Bleh. Never did I think the day would come.

Haha I'm a bandwagoning Blackhawks fan during the playoffs only. I need someone to cheer for in the playoffs :rolleyes:

ltmbear
09-27-2015, 07:51 AM
leafs all the way
imagine we could even make the playoffs

John Cena
09-27-2015, 08:22 AM
I don't really follow sports too much, but since I'm Canadian everyone has to have a hockey team P: the one I go for is the Montreal Canadians 🏆

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Raichuu
09-27-2015, 08:32 AM
Haha I'm a bandwagoning Blackhawks fan during the playoffs only. I need someone to cheer for in the playoffs :rolleyes:

That's okay, we welcome you with open arms. :D

Sci_Girl
09-27-2015, 10:04 AM
I am an Oilers fan. Cautiously though. McDavid really turns my hope around but the sheer amount of pressure on that kid may make things worse. Everyone is freaking out with excitement, I mean they are auctioning off the bike he was on for 5 minutes during the preseason physical exam. The hype is immense. I live in Edmonton, people are even changing road signs to things like "McDavid way" and "City of Edmonton City of McDavid". Not sure that happened with Crosby. I think we will soon have a road named after him. We already have Wayne Gretzky Drive and Mark Messier Trail. It's stupid nuts here for hockey.

Though I will admit I am still a big Oilers fan even through this 9 years without the playoffs. I keep putting off buying Oilers Nation gear to represent but I think with McDavid here I will have to buy a shirt.

j03
09-27-2015, 10:55 AM
Montreal Canadians runs in my family.

GOAT
09-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Let's go Pens! Although I do have some Sharks love too!

It is going to be one interesting season, with all the big moves that were made over the offseason in regards to both players and coaches. Babcock to the Leafs, McClellan to the Oilers, Bylsma to the Sabres. All the storylines that are going on with every team, I am so pumped for the season to start :o_o:

Sci_Girl
09-27-2015, 06:20 PM
Is anyone doing fantasy leagues? I use the yahoo sports one. Free and relatively easy to work.

Not getting Rask this season, useless last year for my league. I need to pick up some sleepers but I have no idea who that could be this season. Dubnyk was a big surprise last year but as an Oilers fan I have seen him play horribly so I cannot get myself to choose him lol.

Skarner
09-27-2015, 06:52 PM
I haven't tried any fantasy leagues for the nhl yet, maybe I'll try this year. And yeah, I'm still having nightmares about oilers goalies having sub .900 save percentages!

Sci_Girl
09-27-2015, 07:22 PM
I haven't tried any fantasy leagues for the nhl yet, maybe I'll try this year. And yeah, I'm still having nightmares about oilers goalies having sub .900 save percentages!

Scrivens is the issue this season. Could not save a beach ball.

And yeah check out the yahoo nhl fantasy draft. It's nice to have something to get you a bit more involved with hockey without paying into it. Something to do for 5 minutes at work too lol.

GOAT
09-27-2015, 08:52 PM
Sci_Girl in terms of goalies, try going after Pekka Rinne. He is usually overlooked by guys like Price, Lundqvist, and Quick. Alternatively, Craig Anderson and Ryan Miller could be solid choices, although Ottawa and Vancouver's defenses can be shaky.

Sci_Girl
09-27-2015, 09:28 PM
Yeah I was thinking maybe Rinne. Or even Bisjop. I mean if I can draft early I am going for the big guns in net. But I figure Hiller might be okay as a second choice because Calgary was a beast last season. It all depends where I am in yhe draft rank. I was unlucky last year at 10 of 12 people.

I am very excited for the season to start though. We Canadians are dumb in that regard, talking about hockey all summer and on the edge of our seat as it approaches lol

Skarner
09-28-2015, 02:58 AM
I'm getting so PUMPED

GOAT
09-28-2015, 08:09 AM
Lol what, you think all Americans are happy with baseball every day for over 5 months? I have been ready for hockey season since it ended, and even more so since the Penguins acquired Phil Kessel! I can't wait to see how the lines are made, and I am really anticipating a deep run this year, as long as they could just stay healthy for a year...

Skarner
09-28-2015, 08:20 AM
Lol what, you think all Americans are happy with baseball every day for over 5 months? I have been ready for hockey season since it ended, and even more so since the Penguins acquired Phil Kessel! I can't wait to see how the lines are made, and I am really anticipating a deep run this year, as long as they could just stay healthy for a year...

Pens looks like they are a solid contender. Probably going deep in the playoffs if the D doesn't get ravaged like last year!

GOAT
09-28-2015, 10:16 AM
Skarner I believe you mean like every year, haha. But yes, if Letang and Maatta stay healthy, along with Scuderi and Lovejoy getting limited minutes because they are just terrible, their jump off the blue line to join the rush could be huge. It's the defense and the staying healthy part that will kill us, if anything, since a bunch of our d-men are very young.

Sci_Girl
09-28-2015, 11:24 AM
9 more days! Well 9.5 including today.

I will be watching that Toronto Habs game...always a good match up.

Misha
09-28-2015, 12:16 PM
I hope the Blackhawks all get injured for the entire season so the Wild can actually make it to the cup for once lol

Sci_Girl
09-28-2015, 12:28 PM
^ no Minni for me but fuck the Hawks. I am tired of seeing them win everything! Let someone else have a chance ga[Only registered and activated users can see links] lol like the Oilers :rolleyes:

Side note, anyone hear anything new about the Kane scandal? He was a turd of a guy before this all erupted but now this just makes him look worse. If he had something to do with stealing of the evidence bag he should be thrown from the league.

Skarner
09-28-2015, 07:53 PM
^ no Minni for me but fuck the Hawks. I am tired of seeing them win everything! Let someone else have a chance ga[Only registered and activated users can see links] lol like the Oilers :rolleyes:

Side note, anyone hear anything new about the Kane scandal? He was a turd of a guy before this all erupted but now this just makes him look worse. If he had something to do with stealing of the evidence bag he should be thrown from the league.

I haven't really paid attention to the case, but didn't the accusers lawyer abandon the case after the evidence bag was found to be fake or something?

Sci_Girl
09-28-2015, 08:31 PM
Yeah with that situation they have no choice but to dismiss the charges. That kinda makes you think though if he was guilty the dismissal of charges is exactly what he would have wanted. Who knows. The public may never find out.

GOAT
09-28-2015, 11:08 PM
I heard that the rape kit was tampered with/contaminated or something like that, so it could no longer be used as evidence. But that's just hearsay, I never really kept up with it in the first place.

Additionally, I can't hate the Hawks, only be jealous of them because of their remarkable consistency. The Penguins should have had that, but so much happened injury wise. IN all honesty though, I don't understand why the Oilers aren't good yet haha. So many first and second round draft picks, but nothing to show for it yet.

Skarner
09-29-2015, 05:53 AM
A mix of terrible management, coaching, putting players in positions they can't succeed in, etc.. Hopefully this year will be the start of the upswing!

Sci_Girl
09-29-2015, 07:44 AM
I heard that the rape kit was tampered with/contaminated or something like that, so it could no longer be used as evidence. But that's just hearsay, I never really kept up with it in the first place.

Additionally, I can't hate the Hawks, only be jealous of them because of their remarkable consistency. The Penguins should have had that, but so much happened injury wise. IN all honesty though, I don't understand why the Oilers aren't good yet haha. So many first and second round draft picks, but nothing to show for it yet.

The kit was taken from the evidence locker and placed on the doorstep of the victim's mother's house. So a blatant stealing, compromising the case, and harassment. Police already verified it is the rape kit not a fake so it is going to end up a huge legal issue for whoever took it. And if Kane or his manager/troops said "yes take it" then that is a whole other world of trouble. Hence I say if he had something to do with it then kick him out of the league.

Its a love hate with the Hawks for me lol. I really do like Toews he is such an overall good guy and an awesome player but damn let someone else win! Pens will go up in rank I think with Kessel there. Oilers suck because of the management, we had coaches for years who never coached an NHL game and useless background workers like Kevin Lowe. Now that the Oilers actually have an NHL coach (Todd McLellan), NHL caliber GM (Peter Chiarelli), and an NHL caliber CEO (Bob Nicholson) I think things are finally going to turn around. These guys have won games, won championships, they know what they are doing. Now it is just to get the players to communicate which apparently is a huge issue and understand that they can be good if they work together. Go Oilers Go!

GOAT
09-29-2015, 09:54 AM
Yeah that's ridiculous. I doubt they will be able to tie him to it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a say in it since athletes always get ridiculous treatment. If they can tie him though, they will have to, at the very least, suspend him indefinitely.

I believe the Oilers can do it now though, especially with their talent. McDavid, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, and RNH. If they can solidify their defense and goaltending (which, looking at their roster, it looks like they can), they can become a force to be reckoned with again. I am rooting for them just because they should be good by now!

Sci_Girl
09-30-2015, 06:10 PM
Well Oilers just Oilered and the season has not even started yet! Eberle out 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury after being hit semi-hard into the boards in last nights preseason game.

Skarner
09-30-2015, 07:33 PM
Well Oilers just Oilered and the season has not even started yet! Eberle out 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury after being hit semi-hard into the boards in last nights preseason game.

Everything was going so well, something had to to be Oilered..

Sci_Girl
09-30-2015, 07:56 PM
Everything was going so well, something had to to be Oilered..

Yup. That is how it goes here. We have been kicked down so much that things like this are no longer a surprise, just the Oilers being the Oilers lol. I need a new team to cheer for but it's hard when you grew up cheering for one single one your whole life. Go Habs go?

Skarner
09-30-2015, 08:37 PM
I can't bring myself to cheer for any other Canadian teams, I have too many friends who are fans of other teams and we take huge jabs at each other :P

cloudxcrash
10-01-2015, 06:13 PM
A relative of mine used to play in Penguins so ofc I ended up a Penguins fan. :$

Skarner
10-01-2015, 11:12 PM
A relative of mine used to play in Penguins so ofc I ended up a Penguins fan. :$

That's really cool! Who was it if you don't mind sharing?

Sci_Girl
10-03-2015, 08:07 PM
Did my yahoo fantasy hockey draft. I am projected as 3rd in the group of 12. Hopefully I do better than my last year's 10th place out of 12 lol.

C - Backes, Backstrom
LW - Ovechkin, James Neal
RW - Bobby Ryan, Mark Stone
D - Hedman, Vatanen, Brodie, Trouba
G - Quick, Bishop, Ramo
Extras - Kreider, Gallagher, Boyle

I was set to draft 2nd so I think I got a decent group. Little bit of everything with skill all over.

Skarner
10-04-2015, 05:56 AM
Did my yahoo fantasy hockey draft. I am projected as 3rd in the group of 12. Hopefully I do better than my last year's 10th place out of 12 lol.

C - Backes, Backstrom
LW - Ovechkin, James Neal
RW - Bobby Ryan, Mark Stone
D - Hedman, Vatanen, Brodie, Trouba
G - Quick, Bishop, Ramo
Extras - Kreider, Gallagher, Boyle

I was set to draft 2nd so I think I got a decent group. Little bit of everything with skill all over.

Ended up doing this at 4 AM. First time doing this, had no idea what I was doing! :P Projected 5th out of 12.

C - Stamkos, McDavid (had to do it)
LW - Ladd, Toffoli
RW - Hossa, Mark Stone
D - Keith, Pietrangelo, Leddy, Fowler
G - Quick, Frederik Andersen
Extras - Lucic, Gallagher, Kuznetsov, Ryan Strome

Sci_Girl
10-04-2015, 09:05 AM
Ended up doing this at 4 AM. First time doing this, had no idea what I was doing! :P Projected 5th out of 12.

C - Stamkos, McDavid (had to do it)
LW - Ladd, Toffoli
RW - Hossa, Mark Stone
D - Keith, Pietrangelo, Leddy, Fowler
G - Quick, Frederik Andersen
Extras - Lucic, Gallagher, Kuznetsov, Ryan Strome

Good team.

I had a hard time at first but then I realized it is quite simple. It is all about points rather than just wins. Your goalies you want wins though.

You need to log in everyday before the games start so you can select which players you want to play that night. Get the Yahoo Fantasy Sports app so you can still do your teams when away from the computer. At the bottom of the screen you will see a chart of numbers for maximum games. Broken down to 164 max games for each of center, LW, RW and goalie. D has 328. These numbers mean over the season you can play each position a maximum of times respectively. So you need to pick and choose. If you just play anyone that is playing a game that night you will use up those max games real fast and you cannot earn points once they are used up.

So for example if Tampa was playing Edmonton that night and because you have both Stamkos and McDavid playing that night you think who is going to win that game and thus more lkely to get your player some points. I would think tampa so I would put Stamkos as my center position for that night and bench McDavid. Or if you think edmonton will win and thus the chance for McDavid to have more points than Stamkos that night play him instead.

There is some strategy in it because if you just play all your players every night you will use up your max games by about January. Can't have that. So budget who you want to play. Some nights you may think oh damn only Islanders are playing tonight against Calgary who will light them up so you will bench Leddy so you do not waste a D position against your max games. Instead of wasting it you will get a +1 D against your max games. You could have used leddy but chose to bench him so now you have an extra D game to use at a later time. Getting those + next to the max games is good because when it gets to the end of the season you are basically running off of those if you did not budget the max games numbers right.

A lot of people will say eff it though and use as many players as they can at the start even if you have players playing against each other that night. The purpose of that is just to get as many points at the stsrt when everyone is healthy then deal with the max games after. I do not do that but I can see why people do.

Skarner
10-04-2015, 09:34 AM
Will definitely have to get the app, didn't realize you have a maximum number of games :P

Sci_Girl
10-04-2015, 09:37 AM
Yeah its at the bottom of the screen when you are on "your team" menu. And to bench or select players just click on the C or D letter for the position and it will highlight your players in that position. Tinker around when the season starts. You will get the hang of it. It's just nice to have something to do.

Misha
10-04-2015, 09:41 AM
Wait fantasy hockey? Whaaaaaaaaat?

Sci_Girl
10-04-2015, 08:29 PM
Yeah fantasy hockey. Join in.

Sci_Girl
10-06-2015, 08:20 PM
One more day for hockey!!

Aska
10-06-2015, 10:48 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links] sqhw5lj14.jpg

when some team plays my Habs this year.

Sci_Girl
10-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Oilers have yet to score a real goal-first one was off of the face off and the opposing team knocked it off their own player. No oiler touched the puck so no "real" goal. And yet these past two games, both lost, they have played better than any other game the past 5+ seasons.

Skarner
10-11-2015, 03:27 AM
Yeah, team is still making mistakes but they're looking much better. Hoping they'll be better in a month or so. Some of the MacT signings/trades have been awful. Purcell, Nikitin, Ference :deli:

Aska
10-11-2015, 01:19 PM
Hey, it's better than signing Scott Gomez. :P

Skarner
10-12-2015, 03:26 AM
Hey, it's better than signing Scott Gomez. :P

Oh god that Scott Gomez trade was disgusting. Ryan McDonagh+ for Gomez and his what.. 5 goals?

Aska
10-12-2015, 03:41 PM
He'll be great serving penalties. ;)

I also have an irrational disliking of him since his stint with my Habs. (If it wasn't painfully obvious)

Misha
10-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Fucking Wild 2-0 what an awesome comeback against CO with Parise's hat trick holy shit

Aska
10-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Fucking Wild 2-0 what an awesome comeback against CO with Parise's hat trick holy shit

It also helps that Colorado sucks. I think they might be taking the Edmonton route and trying to get all the high draft picks. :P

Misha
10-12-2015, 06:30 PM
It also helps that Colorado sucks. I think they might be taking the Edmonton route and trying to get all the high draft picks. :P

They put up a hell of a fight the first two periods until Koivu started doing his job and communicating with the team. Surprised Spurgeon didn't get in there and Granlund actually held his stick for an entire game lol

Sci_Girl
10-12-2015, 07:37 PM

Yeah Buffalo and Colorado are the competing rumors for dead last this year. Toronto may struggle too.

Aska
10-12-2015, 09:10 PM
I think Boston will be down there as well. The salary cap is hitting that team hard and it's showing.

Speaking of Boston, did anyone see Marchand hurt himself? That was so funny to watch.

Skarner
10-13-2015, 12:19 AM
Lol yeah, skated his face straight into an elbow :P

Misha
10-13-2015, 12:38 PM
So basically what Oshie did to himself in the final game against Minnesota two years ago? Lol Rupp barely lowered his shoulder and Oshie was flat on the ice

Sci_Girl
10-14-2015, 07:40 AM
Useless Oilers. Game last night resembled the past 5+ years. #Herecometheoilers

Montreal is 4-0 already. I wonder if they can keep that up.

Skarner
10-14-2015, 09:43 AM
I mean, my I set expectations hilariously low and they still disappoint. Thought they might be in the playoff hunt until February, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were out of the race before Remembrance day.

Sci_Girl
10-14-2015, 12:54 PM
Early November, around Rememberance day, is when most people throw in the towel. By then if they have not won at least half of their games they are done son. I keep saying it has only been 3 games to justify by desire to still cheer. I mean Pittsburg, LA, and Boston are all 0-3 too. Still very early.

Aska
10-14-2015, 01:28 PM
So basically what Oshie did to himself in the final game against Minnesota two years ago? Lol Rupp barely lowered his shoulder and Oshie was flat on the ice

Nah.

Marchand was going to blindside hit Weiss and ended up jumping into Weiss's elbow.

Misha
10-14-2015, 02:38 PM
Nah.

Marchand was going to blindside hit Weiss and ended up jumping into Weiss's elbow.

Lol what a genius

Skarner
10-15-2015, 08:12 AM
Schedule doesn't get easier for a while here. Hopefully they can pull off a few upsets.

@ Calgary
@ Vancouver
vs Detroit
vs Washington
vs LA
@ Minnesota
vs Montreal
vs Calgary

#Herecometheoilers

Sci_Girl
10-15-2015, 09:11 AM
St Louis will probably crush them tonight. They are good at that.

Side note. I am hearing that the teams facing the Hawks the fans are starting "No Means No" chants and booing Kane. Including in Chicago. I have no idea if they have played at home yet but that is real rough if even the home team has those chants going.

Skarner
10-16-2015, 07:30 AM
Didn't hear about the Kane stuff. That'll probably stay with him for a long time though.

Also, this new Gamecenter is really annoying. It only lets me watch out of market teams, so most Oilers games get blacked out for me because of it being broadcast by a local network. What's the point of paying for the service if I can't even watch my team play! :ulan:

Sci_Girl
10-16-2015, 07:43 AM
Can you get the Sportsnet package with your TV provider? That will cover all the Oilers games.

Skarner
10-16-2015, 08:29 AM
Don't have cable so probably not worth the price.

This happened in the Minny-Ari game. Never seen this before haha [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Aska
10-16-2015, 12:39 PM

BEAUTIFUL

Skarner
10-17-2015, 11:54 PM
Oilers win by beating up the Flames!

The first overall picks were awesome!

McDavid [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Sci_Girl
10-18-2015, 08:58 AM
What a game. They even seemed happy throughout unlike the other mopy games. Watching McDavid in that play holy moly. That is him playing with only 4 NHL games of experience. If he can dangle around anyone like that now wait until he has a bit more experience. Insane.

Aska
10-23-2015, 12:48 AM
So serious question, what is going to happen first?

Montreal losing or Columbus winning a game?

Skarner
10-23-2015, 12:54 AM
So serious question, what is going to happen first?

Montreal losing or Columbus winning a game?

I'm gonna say Columbus wins a game. Carey Price is not a human anymore..

Aska
10-23-2015, 12:56 AM
I'm gonna say Columbus wins a game. Carey Price is not a human anymore..

Haha I know Price isn't human but Habs are playing Buffalo tomorrow, who always seem to find a way to lose to them and teams like the Devils. xD

Skarner
10-23-2015, 01:07 AM
Haha I know Price isn't human but Habs are playing Buffalo tomorrow, who always seem to find a way to lose to them and teams like the Devils. xD

Lol yeah I heard that on hockey forums. We'll see though, I'm like 95% sure they'll win, but anything can happen. :P

Skarner
10-25-2015, 12:03 AM
Well there it is, Habs are now 9-0 and Columbus wins their first match!

Sci_Girl
10-26-2015, 07:28 PM
Price is incredible. I wonder how they will do in the playoffs this year.

Looks like Anaheim will be getting nowhere fast with the way they are playing.

Aska
10-26-2015, 10:17 PM
Now that Columbus has won, we can all focus on the Ducks. What is going on there?

As long as the Habs don't play Tampa in the playoffs, I think they'll do well. xD

Skarner
10-26-2015, 11:46 PM
Yeah, pretty crazy how the Ducks, one of the top offensive teams of last year set a record this year for being one of the worst offensive teams this year! I'm sure they'll pick it up as the season goes on, but maybe they fire Boudreau if things don't improve quickly.

As for the Habs streak, I want the Oilers to end it so badly xD. Price is 1-5-1 against the Oilers in his career with a .857 sv% and 3.71 GAA.

Also, I was at the last game against the Kings, felt like we got robbed.

Aska
10-29-2015, 10:38 PM
Habs are being their typical selves. "Oh let's just sit on a 3-0 lead after the first period and hope this team doesn't come back."

CAN U NOT DO DIS.

Edit: This is the Canadiens team I know. Embarrassing.

Skarner
10-29-2015, 11:06 PM
Habs are being their typical selves. "Oh let's just sit on a 3-0 lead after the first period and hope this team doesn't come back."

CAN U NOT DO DIS.

Edit: This is the Canadiens team I know. Embarrassing.

I was so pissed off at the end of the first. Was getting beaked by a lot of my friends who are Habs fans. Almost 70% of Rexall was wearing a Canadiens jersey!

I'll never doubt you again Connor

Misplay
10-29-2015, 11:31 PM
honestly i'm not entirely sure how they pulled that one off. impressive. my boyfriend was screaming for the first two periods... holy moly.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Also, yeah that was some bullshit against the kings. Pretty sure they paid the refs off. There were hi-res photos showing it went in. Also, they called it as a goal and then changed their mind????

Sci_Girl
10-30-2015, 09:03 AM
Other teams continually cannot handle McDavid. Montreal found out last night. Even if we lose a game there is something McDavid does to stun the crowd. Such a nice feeling to know that you can watch a game and know at least something wicked will happen because of him.

Sci_Girl
11-04-2015, 08:52 AM
Sweet. McDavid has a broken collarbone. Out till early January I hear.

Aska
11-04-2015, 07:59 PM
Well that sucks. :(

Edmonton is only in Colorado once and that's in mid-December. There goes my one shot at getting his autograph this season. Boooo.

Skarner
11-04-2015, 09:54 PM
I may or may not have shed a few tears when I saw him go into the boards...

Sci_Girl
11-06-2015, 06:44 PM
My fantasy hockey team has been ho hum for points. Now that McDavid is out of the lineup I think that means Draisaitl will stay in. I am wondering if I should pick him up and drop a useless D man Trouba. Dr. Drai, as us Oilers fans call him, has 7 points in 3 games. Eberle is back too so that should mean more points too.

GOAT
11-06-2015, 11:45 PM
Sci_Girl what a game between the Penguins and Oilers huh? It looks like McClellan is finally bringing the team together with some defensive additions. Happy to see that. Real shame for the game though, the Oilers hit the post about 6 times, bad luck there haha. But I am pulling for them!

Skarner
11-07-2015, 12:33 AM
Sci_Girl what a game between the Penguins and Oilers huh? It looks like McClellan is finally bringing the team together with some defensive additions. Happy to see that. Real shame for the game though, the Oilers hit the post about 6 times, bad luck there haha. But I am pulling for them!

Oilers have no luck unless it's the draft lottery. Wish I was joking

Sci_Girl
11-07-2015, 08:33 AM
IT was a good game but it had its slow moments like in the first. Turning everything over and couldn't pass. They smartened up though. I am liking this coaches challenge too. Oilers will lose goals because of it but when done right goals against will be taken as well. Perfect challenge last night.

Skarner
11-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Not really a fan of the challenge. Only checking offsides and goaltender interference seems like the nhl half committed to this. I feel like other borderline calls like no icing resulting in a goal should be reviewable as well.

There's also the issue with a team hemming the other in their zone for a full 2 minutes and scoring, only to have it called back because of a player being a hair offside at the start of the play.

I understand it's their first year implementing such a feature, and willing to cut them a little slack. I'm really hoping they can improve challenges as well as checking to see if the puck actually crossed the line or not. Almost all other major sports are ahead of the nhl in that regard.

3rd attempt typing this on my phone.. Previous attempts got deleted somehow so some points aren't as fleshed out as much :/

Todoroki
11-10-2015, 02:58 AM
Canucks fan here! I'm just happy we actually have some rookies and promising prospects for once haha

Skarner
11-10-2015, 11:02 PM
Canucks fan here! I'm just happy we actually have some rookies and promising prospects for once haha

Canucks are looking pretty good atm. Especially Tanev, that guy's a beast.

Todoroki
11-11-2015, 01:10 AM
Canucks are looking pretty good atm. Especially Tanev, that guy's a beast.

Hell yeah tanev is definitely our most consistent player. What team do you cheer for?

Skarner
11-11-2015, 03:53 AM
Hell yeah tanev is definitely our most consistent player. What team do you cheer for?
Oilers [emoji31]

Todoroki
11-11-2015, 04:29 AM
Oilers [emoji31]
Yo it sucks that Mcjesus got injured.

Skarner
11-11-2015, 04:37 AM
Yo it sucks that Mcjesus got injured.
Dam ikr.. Out for a few months. Was so exciting to watch him play lol.

How you think the canucks will do this year? Haven't seen many games of theirs

Todoroki
11-11-2015, 04:53 AM
How you think the canucks will do this year? Haven't seen many games of theirs

I'm thinking we sneak into the playoffs this year. But honestly I don't really mind if we don't make it, I'd like to have a nice draft pick hehe. I also think we'll try to flip Hamhuis, Vrbata, and Higgins at the trade deadline for some picks / young guys.

The games have been fun to watch cause of our young guns. McCann looks to be a promising goal scorer, Virtanen has flashes of power forward greatness every now and then, and Hutton has surprised everyone coming into this season with his poise at D. No doubt in my mind he's gonna develop into a top 4 Dman.

Who're the newest additions to your team? and how have they been so far

Aska
11-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Price is out another week.

'scuse me while I cry with you guise.

Skarner
11-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Who're the newest additions to your team? and how have they been so far

We've got Sekera, Letestu, Korpikoski, Nurse, Reinhart, Gryba and our two goalies Talbot and Nilsson.

So far, our defencemen have been underwhelming for the most part, but you can't really blame them. They're either learning how to play at the NHL level, or are playing above their capabilities. Nurse and Reinhart are having pretty good seasons considering they're on such a poor defensive team though.

Our forward additions in Korpikoski and Letestu haven't really done much. They're great on the PK, but don't really bring much aside from that. Bottom 6 is a big weakness at the moment.

Talbot and Nilsson started off strong, but they've been kind of mediocre lately. It feels like our team can't click at the same time. If our offense is scoring, our goalies aren't making saves. If our goalies are making saves, our offense isn't scoring or defensemen are making huge errors.

Sci_Girl
11-11-2015, 09:10 PM
We've got Sekera, Letestu, Korpikoski, Nurse, Reinhart, Gryba and our two goalies Talbot and Nilsson.

So far, our defencemen have been underwhelming for the most part, but you can't really blame them. They're either learning how to play at the NHL level, or are playing above their capabilities. Nurse and Reinhart are having pretty good seasons considering they're on such a poor defensive team though.

Our forward additions in Korpikoski and Letestu haven't really done much. They're great on the PK, but don't really bring much aside from that. Bottom 6 is a big weakness at the moment.

Talbot and Nilsson started off strong, but they've been kind of mediocre lately. It feels like our team can't click at the same time. If our offense is scoring, our goalies aren't making saves. If our goalies are making saves, our offense isn't scoring or defensemen are making huge errors.

That is a lot of words for "We have Connor McDavid, thats it". Are you watching the Anaheim game tonight? I have been reading tweets that this game against the Oilers is the one that puts the Ducks back in the game *sigh*. Would not surprise me lol

Skarner
11-11-2015, 09:17 PM
That is a lot of words for "We have Connor McDavid, thats it". Are you watching the Anaheim game tonight? I have been reading tweets that this game against the Oilers is the one that puts the Ducks back in the game *sigh*. Would not surprise me lol
Haha yep I'll be watching. Wouldn't be surprised actually, everyone breaks their slump against us, and Anaheim is returning to form.

At least Hall is playing well though, I feel obligated to watch and support the guys on our team that still care

Sci_Girl
11-11-2015, 09:22 PM
I have the game on in the background nowadays. I'm saying 4-2 Ducks.

Sci_Girl
11-14-2015, 11:33 PM
Watching this Oilers vs LA game, what a waste of time.

Skarner
11-15-2015, 12:19 AM
I'm watching just for Hall and Drai

Alright, watching this team is going to kill me at a young age

Sci_Girl
11-15-2015, 03:10 PM
Can you honestly believe that we just might have 10 seasons without the playoffs? They are bottom 3 team again, potentially 1st overall pick again. Unbelievable.

Skarner
11-15-2015, 07:41 PM
Yeah it's crazy. I was 12 when this team was good for 1 year..

Todoroki
11-15-2015, 10:50 PM
Skarner Sci_Girl Hang in there. The oilers are a few pieces away from being a super deadly team you'll get your moment

Skarner
11-16-2015, 09:04 AM
Skarner Sci_Girl Hang in there. The oilers are a few pieces away from being a super deadly team you'll get your moment
Hopefully haha. You know, this is the only board I've been a part of that doesn't have fans of different teams at each others throats. Feels weird man

Sci_Girl
11-16-2015, 10:03 AM

Lol I am trying to hang in there. It had been several years of hearing "well you should be good soon with those young guns"...yeah we should be. But they are not. I think right now the players are a bit stunned still that McDavid is now gone so they are being forced to play with the same rubbish they had for so long before. No glimmer of hope to kick start the enthusiasm sort of thing. Let's go Oilers let's go!

Xiloscient
11-17-2015, 06:06 PM

Forever wishing upon a Stanley Cup.

Skarner
11-17-2015, 09:21 PM
Xiloscient I'll light a candle for Leaf nation

Sci_Girl
11-21-2015, 03:20 PM
So Oilers won last night. Not a bad game aside from the abysmal power plays. Still dead last in the league though *sigh*

Skarner
11-22-2015, 02:29 AM
Feels like we're making progress this year though. Last few years just felt like we were perpetually spinning our tires in the mud. Add a good D to shelter some of the guys (Hamonic :rolleyes:), a healthy McDavid and I don't think we'll finish last again but you never know with this team :P

Also, if anyone uses twitter and is interested in seeing clips from games around the league, [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Aska
11-22-2015, 11:24 PM
rip Laffs' hopes for a cup.

I mean...

hi.

Sci_Girl
11-29-2015, 12:33 PM
...Oilers won? We won!

Aska
11-30-2015, 10:05 PM
Ohgawd Price is out at least six weeks.

:( :(

Sci_Girl
11-30-2015, 11:07 PM
Yeah I saw that. I hope Montreal can still stay on top. Not sure that Mike Codon or whatever his name is can make up for Price. I heard Price stepped on a puck and fell funny not sure if that was the case though.

Aska
12-01-2015, 01:43 AM
Yeah I saw that. I hope Montreal can still stay on top. Not sure that Mike Codon or whatever his name is can make up for Price. I heard Price stepped on a puck and fell funny not sure if that was the case though.

I think he came back too early. We were starting to struggle with Condon. I was watching the game when it happened but it was the Rangers' feed so they didn't really show what happened. I wonder if Kreider's hit is still bothering him.

I also think it would help if we played Tokarski for a couple of games to relieve some of the pressure off of Condon but Therrien refuses to change what is kinda working. :P

Sci_Girl
12-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Lots of rumors that one of the young guns from the Oilers is going to be traded. Though a lot of the pathetic sports media are pushing it, no reason to make a trade just because they want a story out of it. You do a trade because it works best for the team. Oilers need something to happen though trade or not. That said if a trade is imminent I hope it is Eberle. Something tells me he is not much of a go getter like Hall or Nuge, those two play with gusto.

Skarner
12-03-2015, 01:24 AM
Ayy Oilers did something good

Here's the Price injury if you haven't seen it again Aska

Aska
12-06-2015, 06:11 PM
I don't understand what hurt him on that?

Having a bad day? Watch these gems:

Todoroki
12-06-2015, 11:21 PM
omg prust

Sci_Girl
12-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Giddy...Oilers are in 24th overall. Have not seen that in a few years! #Herecometheoilers

I was listening to hockey radio and they mentioned Oilers are actually within grasp of a playoff position. I thought that was made up because...well the Oilers...but it is true. A couple wins and they are actually in contention for a wildcard. Hard to believe so I will stay cautious about that one.

Skarner
12-10-2015, 09:49 PM
It feels great to still be in the playoff race in December. Too used to being out by November :/.
Granted, it's mostly because the Pacific has been garbage for a bit, but if they can remain in the playoff race for a few more months that's definitely a win in my book.

rachel
12-26-2015, 10:46 AM
In order of preference...

Bettser
12-26-2015, 10:57 AM
Definitely a Boston fan lol. Their games are so entertaining.

Other then that, I am a Devils and Tampa fan.

rachel
12-26-2015, 11:13 AM
I am a Tampa fan.

^^^ That's all I read.

Ayyyyyyy, Tampa, I see you.

Sci_Girl
12-27-2015, 09:00 PM
rachel Flames vs Oilers tonight! Oilers will be victorious as I will be wearing my McDavid jersey for good luck!!!

Kiowatitan
12-27-2015, 09:06 PM
I'm not a huge hockey fan... but I do root for my New York Rangers.

rachel
12-27-2015, 11:38 PM
rachel Flames vs Oilers tonight! Oilers will be victorious as I will be wearing my McDavid jersey for good luck!!!

I don't talk a lot of smack - and definitely not before we've sealed the deal... but maybe your jersey will help out next time? :rolleyes:

But for real, I was sittin' on pins and needles in that first period... until the comeback kids did it again!

Good game, good game.

Skarner
12-28-2015, 12:02 AM
I don't talk a lot of smack - and definitely not before we've sealed the deal... but maybe your jersey will help out next time? :rolleyes:

But for real, I was sittin' on pins and needles in that first period... until the comeback kids did it again!

Good game, good game.

Games like this are going to give me heart problems. Oilers gonna oil :ulan:

Sci_Girl
12-28-2015, 12:41 AM

Good game, good game.

Lol oh dear we fail again. We Oilers fans are like that though. Get our hopes up for nothing. #Herecometheoilers

Oh Connor where art thou!!

Skarner
12-28-2015, 01:01 AM
Apparently we're looking at trading Scrivens for Kassian

Aska
12-28-2015, 01:05 AM
Lol whyyyy. I get it we suck without Price but my team should be able to function without him.

I mean I am happy to get rid of Kassian though. I miss Prust. :(

Skarner
12-28-2015, 01:12 AM
Didn't think anyone would want Scrivens lol. Hoping Kassian resolved some of his issues if the trade goes through though.

Aska
12-28-2015, 10:45 AM
It's official today. Woah.
I like how my phone corrected woah to what. Exactly my thoughts.

rachel
01-02-2016, 10:44 PM
Reaaaaaaaaally hoping Iginla doesn't score his 600th goal against the Flames tonight.
C'mon, Iggy, not against your home team! :sorrow:

Skarner
01-02-2016, 11:18 PM
I'm cheering for the Avs in this one so the Oilers can keep their slim playoff hopes alive ;)

rachel
01-02-2016, 11:23 PM
I'm cheering for the Avs in this one so the Oilers can keep their slim playoff hopes alive ;)

Ayyyyyyyyy get outta here youuuuu
But really, though, I'm ready for the Oilers to make the playoffs just so y'all don't keep somehow getting stupidly unbelievably lucky enough to get 1st OA draft picks, hahaha

Also, JOOOOOOOORISSSS

Sci_Girl
01-02-2016, 11:26 PM
Let's go Avs! Oilers are 4 pts out of the playoffs. But the Oilers are 4 pts from last place in the NHL. So down go the Flamers!!!! :o_o:

Skarner
01-02-2016, 11:27 PM
Hehe.. You know Austin Matthews might as well put on his Oilers jersey right now!

And it's 3-0 :O

rachel
01-02-2016, 11:29 PM
Hehe.. You know Austin Matthews might as well put on his Oilers jersey right now!

And it's 3-0 :O

And thank goodness for that, too... toward the end of the first, I was getting a little anxious with how fiercely Iggy was fighting for it. The guy is on a mission tonight, and it's scarrryyyyy.
But I feel a little better with a 3 goal lead. ;)

Skarner
01-02-2016, 11:33 PM
Wow this looks like a blowout

rachel
01-02-2016, 11:35 PM
Wow this looks like a blowout

I never get 100% comfortable until it's like 3 minutes left in the third, buuuuuuut I am breathing quite a bit easier by this point, LOL.

Skarner
01-02-2016, 11:40 PM
As much as I dislike the Flames, I can't bring myself to dislike Johnny Hockey :sorrow:

rachel
01-02-2016, 11:52 PM
As much as I dislike the Flames, I can't bring myself to dislike Johnny Hockey :sorrow:

Yessssss.
I feel like he's just one of those players that it's really hard to dislike, LOL.
I just love him so dang much, ugh.

Sci_Girl
01-13-2016, 10:17 PM
Oilers you suck *pout*

rachel
01-13-2016, 10:21 PM
I'm having a good ol' time watchin' the Flames kill the Pants right now... hopefully they'll keep it up in 2nd and 3rd!
Luu is pissed for sure, but gooooooo Bennett for that hat trick!

Sci_Girl
01-13-2016, 10:28 PM
I cannot believe the Panthers are on such a role. I mean...Florida? Panthers? Hardly a notable hockey club and they get all the wins? bah

Aska
01-17-2016, 01:03 AM
WHEN IS PRICE COMING BACK? I CAN'T HANDLE THIS.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Sci_Girl
01-17-2016, 11:58 AM
WHEN IS PRICE COMING BACK? I CAN'T HANDLE THIS.

Same time frame as McDavid...after the All Star game! Grrrrrrrr

Both our teams need their talent back.

Aska
01-29-2016, 01:25 PM

How can you be so dumb?

Sci_Girl
01-29-2016, 01:47 PM
It was quite a shocking event. He had his hands up prior to contact, he lifted his stick into that position. If he was just getting on the bench why lift your stick to a horizontal, with both hands, and push?

Aska
01-30-2016, 11:09 AM
It was quite a shocking event. He had his hands up prior to contact, he lifted his stick into that position. If he was just getting on the bench why lift your stick to a horizontal, with both hands, and push?

There was intent there. His head was up so it's not like you didn't see the ref...you can be mad all you want about that hit but that linesman can't call penalties.

Skarner
01-31-2016, 08:34 PM
This All-Star weekend was much better than the previous years. John Scott MVP!

Sci_Girl
02-01-2016, 02:50 PM
It definitely was more entertaining. You could see the players actually seemed to enjoy it unlike previous years when they were just half-assing everything.

I bet Bettman is super pissed about this whole Scott situation. I highly doubt there will be open voting for next year's All Star game because of it. Bettman only wants his prized possession players like Toews to play, not someone like underdog Scott to get the crowd charged up.

Aska
02-01-2016, 03:39 PM
I really wanted to be happy for Scott but I just can't overlook the dirty stuff he has done. I am glad that he was able to play though. It's a shame because he seems like a great guy off the ice but that hit he did on Ericsson? He hasn't been the same since. :/

Sone
02-02-2016, 07:32 PM
I'll need to look up that Wideman hit next chance I get, the video in the article itself was taken down. fff.

I missed most of the All Star games - they weren't airing on basic cable around me and I wasn't able to head out to the hockey pub. :c
Also, now that the All Stars are over, I'm back to being pissed off about the suspensions Ovekchin and Toews got because of their injury/ailments. Complete bs, don't understand why they're issuing punishments into the regular season when the All Star doesn't even count towards the regular season. :/

Sci_Girl
02-02-2016, 08:27 PM
It's one of those NHL ideas that they do not want to dissolve because it is one of their babies/special ideas so they think the players need to care too. Punishment if they do not want to participate in their great idea. It's not warranted though, especially if there is a legit injury of a player prior to the game. All Star weekend is a joke though, the fans and players know it. This was an exception to the usual boring All Star weekend.

Sci_Girl
02-03-2016, 09:40 AM
Mcdavid's goal last night...holy moly is he good! Something like that has not been seen in Edmonton since Gretzky.

I'm trying to attach a video or gif of the goal but it does not load the screen, just the link. Can you not make video attachments using a phone? Doesn't work for any youtube videos I try to link either. It just shows a link.

Skarner
02-03-2016, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I've tried posting gyfcat links before, doesn't want to work. I was screaming like a little girl when I saw that though lol

Sone
02-03-2016, 04:18 PM
I have a mighty need to search the Youtubes for this goal.

EDIT HOLY CRAP

Sci_Girl
02-03-2016, 04:37 PM
Twitter exploded with shock and awe. And then came the pulling the hair out because everyone knows if he wad not injured the Oilers would be in a playoff spot! Aarrrggg! We have ourselves a young Gretzky. Imagine what he can do in a few years if he is already doing this after only playing 14 NHL games lol.

I hate that goal horn at Rexall Place though. Ugh. I hope they do not bring it to the new arena.

Skarner
02-03-2016, 04:46 PM
I have an attachment to that goal horn ever since the 06 run :'(

Mama Bear
02-03-2016, 04:47 PM
Not a hockey person, but I have to give props to that guy's skill. It's great when newbies are able to prove themselves so early in their careers, as long as they can then sustain it.

Aska
02-03-2016, 10:28 PM
Glad you all got McDavid back. Now if I can get Price back... xD

Skarner
02-04-2016, 12:28 AM
I watched a video of Price skating around without his goalie equipment today. Hopefully he'll be back soon and get the Habs out of that disastrous run. Geez that's painful

Aska
02-09-2016, 10:08 PM

This makes me happy.

Roslyn
02-09-2016, 10:20 PM
Go Pats.
*throws confetti*

Sci_Girl
02-10-2016, 09:10 AM

This makes me happy.

Ha! Even the Oilers were not scored on 9 times when they were blown out.

Skarner
02-11-2016, 01:20 AM
Going to the Oilers-Ducks game on Feb. 16! Hope they don't get blown out

Sone
02-11-2016, 06:32 AM
Hawks against Dallas tonight! Very excited, especially considering the last game Chicago had. :/
Hoping Panarin will be feeling better; we missed him on the ice.

Sci_Girl
02-11-2016, 09:22 AM
Chicago and Dallas will be a good game. I can't believe how well Dallas has done this year.

Oilers vs Leafs tonight. I hope it's not going to be as boring as it does on paper.

Sone
02-11-2016, 10:15 AM
Chicago and Dallas will be a good game. I can't believe how well Dallas has done this year.
I know, right?! I like to think that it's because they got Sharp and Oduya from us but they had some spectacular trades over the summer, and it's so great to see how well everyone clicked on their team and just dominates the ice!
It makes me anxious for the game but still super pumped.

Aska
02-18-2016, 12:17 AM
I really hate Subban. Like why can't he win games for my team? This is the second year I've sat at the Pepsi Center, watching Subban give the Avs the win.

Sci_Girl
02-18-2016, 05:54 PM
Therrien called PK out on that too. Called it a selfish play. It did cost the game too. Not sure why Montreal has bombed so bad this last half of the season. They have good players but boy they sure took it hard to losing Price. One player should not support a team so vastly like this.

Misha
02-19-2016, 09:02 AM
MIKE YEO GOT FIRED FINALLY

Sci_Girl
02-19-2016, 09:16 PM
Reports that Montreal is gauging offers for Subban.

I have heard that Therrien really does not like PK.

I do not think many teams could offer for Subban though, his contract is now 9 mil per season. As good as he is that is a big pill to swallow for any team. My twitter blew up with tweets that Oilers should offer anything but a guy named Connor McDavid lol. Good luck though PK would want nothing to do with the losing Oilers.

Aska
02-20-2016, 11:39 AM
The reports excite me because my team could bring a lot of talent but like you said, that contract is rough.

Subban causes the Habs to lose a lot so you probably don't want him on the Oilers either, lol.

Sci_Girl
02-21-2016, 04:10 PM
Subban is more talent than the 6 playing Oilers defenseman put together. He would be so desired but just too big of a contract to take. New rumor is Oilers and their likely top 3 pick will be used to trade for a real defenseman. I could see that happening, actually if it is not a Plan A then it is another 5 year "rebuild".

If Montreal keeps up their horrid play they could get a top 5 pick. That is pretty unbelievable considering their playoff runs the past few years. Though if they do it will kickstart some real good play. Decent teams with a top 5 pick often turn from bad to great. All it takes is that one single great new player.

Sci_Girl
02-28-2016, 10:04 AM
Good stuff happening with trades. And by good I just mean finally you retards made some changes. Justin Shultz is now Pittsburg's problem!!! Yeeesssss!! Purcell and Nilsson also gone. I think Yakupov is the next to go.

Montreal did some moves as well with Dale Weise and Tomas Fleischmann. Can get some new young guns in there now.

Trade deadline is tomorrow! Exciting day.

Aska
02-28-2016, 05:53 PM
Habs are trading their heart away. Weiss was clutch in the playoffs...granted I hope MTL doesn't make it this year. Might as well cut our losses and start fresh next season with a good draft pick and Price fully healed.

Sci_Girl
04-13-2016, 10:38 AM
Aska Misha Skarner Sone rachel

Tagging people who were active in this thread before.

Folks its playoff time!

Get your NHL Playoff Bracket entries in!

[Only registered and activated users can see links]/picks

This one is nice and simple, just make the NHL account and fill in what you think the outcome will be. Remember to choose # of games in first round matches.

I have LA vs. Washington in the final, hard to pick the Western Conference team. Washington will win it!

You can also do the Sportsnet Playoff Bracket challenge. A bit more involved. Pick the players you think will get the most points in round 1, appoint 3 stars as 1 Forward 1 Defenseman and 1 Goalie, answer the remaining questions regarding goals.

Skarner
04-13-2016, 08:22 PM
I'll check it out. I think it'll be Washington coming from the East, and either LA, Chicago or Nashville coming out of the West now. Hard to decide!

Sone
04-16-2016, 02:10 AM
I don't do brackets because I'm terribly superstitious for hockey and I feel like I'm going to jinx everything, one way or another.

BUT THIS HAWKS/BLUES SERIES IS FUCKING KILLING ME MAN.
I CANNOT HANDLE THIS ONE BIT. HOLY. CRAP.

Sci_Girl
04-16-2016, 10:03 AM
I don't do brackets because I'm terribly superstitious for hockey and I feel like I'm going to jinx everything, one way or another.

BUT THIS HAWKS/BLUES SERIES IS FUCKING KILLING ME MAN.
I CANNOT HANDLE THIS ONE BIT. HOLY. CRAP.

Playoffs are so different from regular season. So much more physical and clearly they are playing with more umph. The Tampa-Detroit game is not what I thought it would be. Tampa is dominating the wings, I have Detroit in my bracket to beat them. Bah! Hawks-Blues too is going to be more rough than I thought. Hawks need to pull through that one though.

Aska
04-16-2016, 11:16 AM
Blues need to make it out of the first round for once, LOL.

I also really hate the Hawks so seeing them tank would make me happy. Let's see, other teams...
I want Detroit to beat Tampa because Tampa is not a respectable hockey team when all they do is dive to get calls. You're literally ruining the game here.
I hope the Islanders beat the Panthers. No hate on the Panthers but Halak needs his name on the cup.
Washington is gonna beat Philly.
Ugh, I also really detest the Rangers but Lundqvist...that guy needs a cup too. But not Kreider. ##forevergrudging

Dallas is gonna beat the Wild.
Sharks over LA.
BLUES YOU BETTER WIN OVER THE HAWKS.
Ducks over the Preds.

Sone
04-16-2016, 09:33 PM
I'm both a Hawks and Tampa fan (from chicago, living in tampa).
I stopped watching the Tampa game in the third period so I could watch the Hawks/Blues game, and after I heard what happened I was really pissed that I did. I'm just curious what's going to come of it, since it all happened nearly at the end of the game but technically there are some big/bad penalties to serve??/?

-shRUG-

Sci_Girl
04-16-2016, 10:01 PM
The Tampa game was a mess at the end there

Misha
04-17-2016, 10:05 AM
With the Wild having 1 shot on goal in the entire first period of game 1 against Dallas, I quit watching the series. I'll try again next year.

Sci_Girl
04-19-2016, 08:26 AM
There better be some game 6 and 7's coming in this first round.

Anaheim needs to get it together
Florida needs to win
Blues for some reason are beating the Hawks
Tampa needs to stop being good

Sone
04-20-2016, 02:34 AM
Tonight was fucking insane man.
The Tampa game cut into the Hawks game a bit so I went back and forth between channels everytime there was a whistle or commercial.

Fortunately Tampa won tonight, they played a great game even if it was a little iffy in the third. I swear if Chicago had the puck possession and slick passing that Tampa had they would have obliterated the Blues, but instead it kept looking like hot potato. Way too many turnovers and just lack of hustle. :c
I'm hoping it doesn't end with Game 5 but idk, the Hawks really need to pick it up. At this rate they don't deserve to win the next game.

Sci_Girl
04-20-2016, 08:42 AM
Chicago is all over the place. Maybe something is happening behind the scenes that is creating that uncoordinated mess.

Philly just needs to be doused, the fans are acting like a bunch of sorry losers throwing things on the ice like that. Giving their home team a penalty, you do not do that. Ovi should hit them with a hat trick to sweep the series next game.

Sone
04-22-2016, 01:32 AM
WOW WHAT A CRAZY NIGHT FOR BOTH CHICAGO AND TAMPA.
I really hate overtime msdgfsdghfg

Sci_Girl
04-22-2016, 08:21 AM
Chicago needs to hang in there. I hate the overtime too, it really sucks when they go beyond first one. ugh

Sone
04-24-2016, 12:42 AM
So after the game tonight for Chicago I was listening to the radio afterwards and one of the commentators made this amazing analogy. He compared the Blackhawks to Tim from Monty Python & The Holy Grail. You can chop off arm after arm and leg after leg but they'll still keep fighting.
I got a big laugh out of that, haha.

Time for game seven on Monday! ;o;

Sci_Girl
04-24-2016, 08:37 AM
It is true though. That was a good game

Sci_Girl
04-24-2016, 02:53 PM
Nice, Capitals won. Pittsburg vs Washington will be one heck of a series I'm thinking.

Sone
04-26-2016, 02:02 AM
Well, the Hawks gave it a good run. Definitely not their best - I would have liked to see the spitfire spirit I saw in Game 6, but you know I guess it's harder on the road.
Here's to hoping Dallas destroys St Louis. <:

Also very excited for NYI vs TB <3

Sci_Girl
04-26-2016, 09:24 AM
My entire NHL bracket has gone down the toilet lol. Last year I was 7/8 in the first round, this year so far 1/8.

I do like that there is some variety in first round winners this year though. Not the same and usual Chicago, LA, Detroit, Rangers.

Ovi's best chance to win the cup is this year and now Sid is back to cause trouble in achieving that.

Sone
04-26-2016, 03:14 PM
It definitely is refreshing, I'll give it that. o:
And I'll root for Ovi over Crosby anyday lol

Sci_Girl
04-27-2016, 12:47 PM
Round 2 playoff game starts tonight BEFORE the final Round 1 game is done. Wait wut?

The sports analysts do not think this has ever happened before.

Sone
04-27-2016, 01:06 PM
Yeeaaahhhh I have no idea what's going on anymore. :/
My only stroke of luck is that their game times don't interfere with one another. Maybe they think because they're not the same conference, it's okay?

Sci_Girl
04-27-2016, 01:54 PM

I found this link. Lol oh dear, little faith.

"Amalie Arena, home of the Tampa Bay Lightning has several events schedule according to their website for the next few weeks, including 98RockFest (April 29), Tampa Bay Storm vs Jacksonville Sharks (May 1), Disney On Ice (May 12-15).

It looks as though the Arena did not plan for the Lightning to make it past the first round and have booked the arena and thus the NHL is now having to schedule around the availability of the arena."

That is going to make it pretty crappy ice to play on with all those events coming through. Freeze, thaw, freeze, thaw.

Sone
04-27-2016, 03:07 PM
LOL Way to go Tampa.
Nicely done.
So proud to call you home.

Skarner
04-27-2016, 10:42 PM
Alright Nashville might be the only team left for my picks in the West. I feel like St. Louis is a really good team though, didn't think they would make it past Chicago but I can see them going far now. Going with St. Louis win over Dallas, but who knows.

Sci_Girl
04-28-2016, 08:23 AM
I was 2/8 in first round, Washington and Dallas. Awful.

This round I am going Blues and Sharks in the West. Washington and Tampa in the East.

Draft lottery is on Saturday at 7pm EST. Oilers are good at winning draft lotteries so burn to everyone else when we win again!*

*If this happens pitchforks and torches may be used on the City of Edmonton and the fans, please do not win

Sci_Girl
04-28-2016, 11:25 AM
lol omg this is so stupid.

"Little Caesar's Arena" is the new name for Detroit's new arena they have been building. Not really surprising this happened though considering the Ilitch family owns the Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tigers, and Little Caesar's. Only a matter of time before they put their name on it all.

Other sources mention that the Little Caesar's image will be depicted on the roof of the new arena. I hope it is not the little cartoon guy lol...the name is tacky enough.

Sone
04-29-2016, 02:25 PM

Really?
Little Caesar's?
Jesus, why not just name it "Extra Cheese, No Pepperoni!"?!?

edit
On a sadder note, Anaheim fired Bruce. :c
I personally feel this will come back to bite them, but time will tell I guess. Just surprising to see he's the first coach to go...

Sci_Girl
04-30-2016, 03:22 PM
Sone

Draft lottery tonight! Think the Oilers cab ruin everyone's day/year if they win it again? Lol. It would be 5 for 7 lol.

Sone
05-01-2016, 12:43 AM
Shit I only just got home! ;o;
I was out all day watching the Lightning/Islanders, then ended up babysitting my nephew all night afterwards.

Sci_Girl
05-05-2016, 09:32 AM
angjdn2$%w09dn Pittsburg!!!! Go away Pittsburg!!! Down Letang AND Crosby and they still sneak in there for the win. 3-1 now. Washington needs to get angry and do their thing with big body crashing to stop the Pens.

Sone
05-05-2016, 11:13 AM
angjdn2$%w09dn Pittsburg!!!! Go away Pittsburg!!! Down Letang AND Crosby AND Backes AND Pietrangelo and they still sneak in there for the win. 3-1 now. Washington and Dallas needs to get angry and do their thing with big body crashing to stop the Pens and the motherfucking Blues.

Fixed it

Sci_Girl
05-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Dallas is done son. The goalies cannot stop a beach ball and cannot get their heads in the game.

Sone
05-05-2016, 11:45 AM
Shhhh don't crush my misplaced faith. ;o;
Let my loathing for the Blues simmer a little while longer

Sone
05-06-2016, 01:43 AM
How about that triple overtime, eh San Jose/Nashville?
ps San Jose give Nashville hell, for the love of god.

Skarner
05-06-2016, 03:52 AM
Don't really have any horses in these playoffs so it's been fun watching these games. San Jose vs Nashville was a great game, both goalies played well. Nashville hit like 4 posts though!

Sci_Girl
05-06-2016, 08:57 AM
Triple overtime. Good thing I do not have the patience to watch that sort of stuff, unless of course the Oilers ever end up in the playoffs again (ha).

Skarner
05-06-2016, 05:56 PM
I would have almost no hope of the Oilers being a good team this decade if it weren't for winning the McDavid lottery. McDavid changes everything :eagerness:

Also, our triple OT win against the Sharks in '06, courtesy of Shawn Score-coff

Sci_Girl
05-09-2016, 09:45 PM
So Tampa advanced to the next round. That's good. I doubt they will be able to beat the winner of Pittsburg and Washington.

Sone
05-09-2016, 10:26 PM
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

And Dallas forces a Game 7! Oooooh this is going to be so good!

Sci_Girl
05-11-2016, 08:42 AM
Crosby AGAIN. Washington is out. 8 out of the last 9 playoff meetings between Crosby and Ovi have gone in favor of Crosby. lol this sucks. I bet soooooo many people's playoff pools are toast now. Washington played so incredibly well during the season and had such a good chance to win it this year, much more than previous years. And bang again the Pens get in the way.

Blues and Dallas decider tonight. Oh boy.

Sci_Girl
05-11-2016, 09:25 PM
Sone

Thus made me laugh lol

Dallas is done.

Skarner
05-11-2016, 10:17 PM
St. Louis' defense is stacked. I think we'll see St. Louis vs. Pittsburgh in the finals. Who knows though, these playoffs are pretty whacky.

Sone
05-12-2016, 05:56 PM
I shed many tears and drank many drinks last night.
Sigh.

All I wanted was to see STL choke. GDI why can't you just give me that? :c

Sci_Girl
05-12-2016, 06:19 PM
Because STL is a force this playoffs. They may just beat the winner of Nashville vs Sharks.

chicagocubs2015
05-17-2016, 12:22 AM
Ugh! I can't stand the Blues I hope it's a Sharks vs Penguins final.

Sci_Girl
06-16-2016, 08:31 PM
I was rooting for the Sharks, as were most of the fans I think. But Pens were far superior in their game. Crosby has 2 cups now.

ohfyk1
06-19-2016, 05:55 AM
Ya pain in the ass my team chokes every playoffs... damn Capitals

Sci_Girl
06-22-2016, 08:39 PM
Announced today by the goon himself Gary Bettman that Las Vegas is getting the newest NHL expansion team. The team will play in the 2017-18 season, with the expansion draft to create the team happening in June 2017. Reports are that the team name will be the Las Vegas Knights. Rumors are that it is the Las Vegas Black Knights or Las Vegas Silver Knights.

So another team going to the desert. Has not worked so well for Arizona which still needs to buy their own tickets and have the city pitch in money just to keep it afloat.

Aska
06-24-2016, 07:43 PM
Doesn't Edmonton have enough forwards yet?

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Sci_Girl
06-24-2016, 08:05 PM
Doesn't Edmonton have enough forwards yet?

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Lol yeah well we have a history of forwards above all else. Puljujarvi is a really good pick up though so I'm not upset about it.

Hopefully Eberle and yak are gone so that would be 2 down.

Sci_Girl
06-29-2016, 02:56 PM
Well this makes me mad, I need to vent a little. Taylor Hall, one of the best guys in the league traded for a barely suitable 3rd pairing defenceman. Oilers needed to find a #1, it would have taken Hall+ to get one but he would have been the trade bait for an actual #1 defenceman. Instead this measly one for one trade. No picks, no additional, nothing that would actually make it on par. Sports writers and Newscasters are touting it as the worst one for one trade they have seen in their entire careers.

#Herecomethefools

Aska
06-29-2016, 03:42 PM
Well this makes me mad, I need to vent a little. Taylor Hall, one of the best guys in the league traded for a barely suitable 3rd pairing defenceman. Oilers needed to find a #1, it would have taken Hall+ to get one but he would have been the trade bait for an actual #1 defenceman. Instead this measly one for one trade. No picks, no additional, nothing that would actually make it on par. Sports writers and Newscasters are touting it as the worst one for one trade they have seen in their entire careers.

#Herecomethefools

Yeah...that was a real painful trade to open up TSN to. Hall for a bum defenseman?? Unless there was some problems with him and management?

Sci_Girl
06-29-2016, 04:22 PM
I heard he was a pain in the locker room. Larsson better suddenly get good.

Aska
06-29-2016, 04:26 PM
Did you read about the Lucic rumors too? If the Oilers did dump Hall for that bum defenseman and sign that meathead...I can't even finish thinking on what a horrible start that would be for your team.

Sci_Girl
06-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Yeah Lucic is here in Edmonton getting a tour. Along with Jason Demers. Here we all believe that because Hall is gone Lucic is a done deal to sign here. He will cost a huge amount and Hall was 6M of that. Lucic could literally ask anything now though because Oilers really really need something to replace Hall. As much of a goon that Lucic is we need a big guy like him. We are a bunch of pansies outside of a couple bottom liners. So yeah it is likely Lucic signing here, mostly because he wants to play with McDavid. He is all we have as bribe bait.

Aska
06-29-2016, 06:39 PM
That's unfortunate, as watching Lucic all the time with Boston...he *can* be a good player. But he just reminds me of a high school jock. He makes irresponsible decisions and he's just a ticking time bomb; you just don't know when he's going to go off and do something dumb.

For my most memorable example. He got trolled so hard by Couture. Couture knew Lucic was going to do that.

GOAT
06-30-2016, 10:29 AM
Yay Penguins happy to see my team get another Cup, although my second team is the Sharks so that was kind of heartbreaking for me as well. 'Twas an extremely exciting playoffs and I can't wait for next season. That being said...what the hell is going on right now? A 31 team league? Stamkos in Tampa for another 8 years? Hall for Larsson? Subban for Weber? This is why the Oilers don't win anything, even with their multitude of high draft picks, no offense Sci_Girl but that front office is awful.

Sci_Girl
06-30-2016, 12:04 PM
Yay Penguins happy to see my team get another Cup, although my second team is the Sharks so that was kind of heartbreaking for me as well. 'Twas an extremely exciting playoffs and I can't wait for next season. That being said...what the hell is going on right now? A 31 team league? Stamkos in Tampa for another 8 years? Hall for Larsson? Subban for Weber? This is why the Oilers don't win anything, even with their multitude of high draft picks, no offense Sci_Girl but that front office is awful.

Awful is a nice way to put it. For some ludicrous reason McTavish and Kevin Lowe are still in that jumble. I can deal with Peter Chiarelli for the time being but Mac T and the Lowe must go train need to have their employment set on fire. Those two got demoted last off-season but they seem to still have their hand in decision making. The reason they are there is because they are buddy buddy with the owner Daryl Katz.

What pisses us Oilers fans is not that we got Larsson, he is good in his own way, it is the massive overpayment. They did not even get a pick for a later draft, a 2nd in 2017 at the very least. Nothing. And worse still is management said they only started talking about the Hall-Larsson trade on Monday, after the draft. Like, you mean to tell us you could not find anything anything at all in trade value before then for a top 3 left handed winger in the league? Bull. They chose their mark and they stuck with it and NJ fleeced them.

As for the other trades, not sure what Montreal was thinking. Weber is getting old. But apparently PK was being a bit of a dick in the locker room. The city will miss him dearly though. I read on twitter that Montreal did approach Edmonton about a PK trade...the deal was Draisaitl, the #4 pick, and either Klefbom or Nurse (our two good young D's). Edm said no. So there was potential there to at least start working on something but they blew it.

Stamkos staying in Tampa is not much of a surprise to me. I think he just wanted to see what he could get and yet still try for a cup. Buffalo was ready to pay him 12M though. Idiots. Stamkos is good but not that good.