PDA

View Full Version : Running?

learningtoneopet1
09-22-2015, 10:33 PM
Any particular running regimes you guys recommend? My current plan is to do hiit sprints twice a week, and do just a short jog every other day so a week might look like this.
Monday: hiit
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: jog
Thursday: rest
Friday: hiit
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: jog

Any other recommendations, or does this look fairly solid? I'm fairly new into running, so trying to start small and work my way up.

Skarner
09-23-2015, 12:01 AM
Hey I'm getting more into powerlifting so I don't know much about running, but I think the stairmaster is really good for high intensity if you want some variety.

c4ndym4n
09-23-2015, 12:02 AM
what is your end goal? faster? endurance? weight loss?

learningtoneopet1
09-23-2015, 12:51 AM
what is your end goal? faster? endurance? weight loss?

Really just get into good cardiovascular shape. I'm trying not to hit cardio too hard since I don't have any weight to lose really. I'm also doing some workouts on the side to bulk up a tiny bit, but that's not really my main priority.

txtsd
09-23-2015, 01:16 AM
If you aren't a sack of potatoes like me, I recommend Couch-to-5k

For HIIT, Seven is great! Android ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) iOS ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
I use the Kung Fu Master voice, and it makes the workout fun!

Suicune
09-23-2015, 01:34 AM
Monday: Jog
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: Hiit
Thursday: rest
Friday: Jog
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: jog

The training program i'm following advises: Run at an easy pace for the first few weeks for 20mins, then push on for 40mins with timed runs inbetween

Maison
09-23-2015, 02:19 AM
I usually run 1-2 miles a day and do a 3 mile hike once a week...
8.9% body fat right here

Charlie
09-23-2015, 07:01 AM
learningtoneopet1
I LOVE running! At least that's what I tell myself to keep me motivated :)
So depending on what you're doing, I may be able to help. I used to be a horrible runner and now I'm much better.

My weekly training looks like this:
Monday: 4m + Strength
Tuesday : 20 min interval sprints (~2.5miles) + 40 mins cycling (8+miles) + Abs
Wednesday: REST
Thursday: 4m + Strength
Friday: 2m + Abs
Saturday: 10+ miles
Sunday: OFF - 2-3 hour ruck (weighted pack hike)

For abs and strength, I rotate between basic exercises, weight lifting, and videos.

looklook123123
09-23-2015, 10:45 AM
I'm running 60-70miles/week so if you want a typical week for me, send me a PM and I can send it to you and scale it for you so you make it out alive.

Raichuu
09-25-2015, 08:17 AM
1 mile a day is supposed to be great for you.

Personally I like to do mid-distance running of like 4.5-5 miles. Is usually only run that like 2-3 times a week until track season rolls around. Coach has us going 6-8 five times a week fml.

To be honest I feel like you can't go wrong with running (to an extent; obviously you can overdo it). I think if you're comfortable starting where you're at your fine! Just work toward improvement; or don't. If you get the results you want don't mess with a good thing :p