PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever found a shiny Pokemon?

Reemer
02-21-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm talking about randomly finding one, not this saving before you get your starter/legendary and soft resetting thousands of times, or whatever that trick was in D/P/P where you could run into the same Pokemon multiple times and increase your chances greatly.
Again, I'm talkin' 'bout you're on your way to Sootopolis City and you run into a purple Wailmer.

Back in Silver, I was surfing for some reason (I think I could have just flown) and I ran into a Tentacool that for some reason I couldn't run away from, so I killed his ass. Later I find out that there's this thing called "shiny Pokemon" that are different colored, then I recalled that this Tentacool had green instead of red. After seeing that I was like "fuuuuckk..."

What's your story?

j03
02-21-2012, 10:53 AM
My friend found a shiny Manetric and gave it to me once lol this was on the sapphire/ruby games.

The only legit shiny I have found has been the red gyarados in g/s/c

Jonathan
02-21-2012, 10:55 AM
(i think it was in emerald) i found a shiny shellos, i was young and didn't realise at the time :P I just caught it because it looked different to the other shellos i had caught... lost the game and didn't care because i didn't realise till a few years ago that it was shiny >_> sucks

bamag
02-21-2012, 10:58 AM
I found a black Rayquaza and caught it with a Master Ball. Then I relented and reset the game because I wasted my Master Ball QQ

Evelsaint
02-21-2012, 11:00 AM
I found a black and white abra but it teleported away.

:x

Kristin
02-21-2012, 01:59 PM
I ran into a shiny pokemon when I was playing Diamond I believe. I honestly don't remember anything about it tho...

Did you guys get that shiny pichu they released last year at gamestop?

Steve
02-21-2012, 02:03 PM
I found a shiny Weedle in Leaf Green I think.
I was excited, that's the only "legit" shiny I've found.
My brother found a shiny Hariyama in Emerald.

J_L_K_64
02-21-2012, 02:08 PM
the ONLY time i have ever legit found a shiny, or even the pokerus for that matter, was in b/w and those were both audinos, cause i was training my guys up in different sections to get them to about 65-70 before i got the e4

Kiminess
02-21-2012, 02:34 PM
I've never seen a shiny outside of internet pictures. I'm so unlucky. =( I don't count red gyarados because everyone who played gold, silver, or crystal would have seen him. I will have to come back to this thread when I finally see one. Makes me determined to play my games until I do.

J_L_K_64
02-21-2012, 02:35 PM
I don't count red gyarados because everyone who played gold, silver, or crystal would have seen him.

^that, lol, is truths

Slasher
02-21-2012, 05:40 PM
I never got any shiny except in pokemon hg and ss D: I tryed but was too lazy to really find one.

Zane
02-22-2012, 01:35 AM
I once found a shiny rattata in my gold version. Thought it was a glitch so I killed it, WOOO! I never knew about shines back then until I found out about the red gyarados :P

victoriamle
02-22-2012, 02:00 AM
Back when Ruby/Sapphire came out, I saw an aron with a red eye and I remember saying, "That's not right..."
But I had no idea about shinies back then so I just tried on great ball and when it didn't catch I just fled lmao

ConnorJS
02-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Shiny mareep :D my friend found a shiny chancey which was pretty awesome (:

xmxsummer
02-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Once when I was playing Ruby (Or Fire Red...but I think it was Ruby. It was my brother's game, he let me make a new game on it. ANYWAYS) and I found a Shiny Spinda. But then my brother was all "let me handle this" got it and didn't save properly. So I lost the shiny spinda D:

ConnorJS
02-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Once when I was playing Ruby (Or Fire Red...but I think it was Ruby. It was my brother's game, he let me make a new game on it. ANYWAYS) and I found a Shiny Spinda. But then my brother was all "let me handle this" got it and didn't save properly. So I lost the shiny spinda D:

Devastation right there.

xmxsummer
02-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Devastation right there.

Yeah, super devastation. I was so angry at him xD. I'm over it now, but still. Like, grr. These things always happen to me actually. Find something super rare, something happens and I lose it, and then I never find it again >.>

ConnorJS
02-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Yeah, super devastation. I was so angry at him xD. I'm over it now, but still. Like, grr. These things always happen to me actually. Find something super rare, something happens and I lose it, and then I never find it again >.>

At least you didn't let your friend try and 'catch' Entei and then end up killing him >.> (entei, not my friend)

xmxsummer
02-26-2012, 11:28 AM
xD That would've been terrible if you had killed a friend over that. But I understand, by brother did the same thing. Not with an Entei, but one of the other ones. I don't trust people to play my games anymore >.> especially not my brother

Pickles
02-26-2012, 07:13 PM
I have ALL the shinies :)
*cough*
Action Replay
*cough*

Neoquest
02-26-2012, 07:29 PM
I've had four legit shinies. Three I caught by myself (Wingul, Meowth, and a Red Gyarados) the other was a blue unknown I got from a friend.

xmxsummer
02-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Wow Neoquest that's pretty cool =o. I don't know anyone who's had more than one or two lol

Tom
02-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Yup, I remember my first one when I was a kid (like 10 years oldish)? Pokemon Gold for the Gameboy Color came out, and I got it as a present from a relative at this giant Christmas family party. So I borrowed my cousin's gameboy, started playing, got pokeballs from the girl player, and because it was like 10:00pm it was night in-game. Within the same area that I got the pokeballs, I found a shiny pale-greenish hoothoot & caught it.

That same year I was at some middle school for summer day care (I have some shitty stories from there so that didn't last very long), and everyone was playing Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal on their gameboys to pass the time, so I brought mine. I went shiny hunting with this chick in an older grade, and for like 2 hours we sat in the same cave looking for shinys. We were going to go swim in the pool as a group a couple minutes later, so I said "this is the last pokemon and it will be shiny. Watch!"; sure enough it was a shiny red graveler, and we caught it.

Obv when most people get older they stop playing pokemon, I'm no special case in that matter, but I defo think the oldschool games (RBY, GSC) were the best.

xmxsummer
02-26-2012, 11:56 PM
That's pretty cool Tom, and kind of funny that you were right about the last pokemon being shiny lol. I personally was never in to Pokemon that much, though I did watch the show for a little while, but my brothers like it a lot. Since the one was done with his game on Ruby (or FR, which ever it was) I figured I'd give it a go. I quit playing it because after I defeated those stupid twins on that stupid island (with the Sun and Moon pokemon...don't remember their actual names) I forgot to save right away and the game decided to freeze on me a few minutes later -_-

Solgaleo
02-27-2012, 12:17 AM
I've soft refreshed for a shiny pokemon, and I've received one in trade.

When I first started playing Pearl when it came out, I put a Chimchar up for trade (breeded one of course) to get a Turtwig. When I received the Turtwig, I was like "Why isn't the color right?" It took a few seconds for me to realize it was a shiny. I nearly shit myself and started screaming X3

And I remember, when I got Platinum, I soft refreshed for HOURS to get a shiny Giratina. It was so worth it....and I ended up getting one with perfect IVs too! It was a complete beast in my team!

xmxsummer
02-27-2012, 12:20 AM
Reading all these makes me want to play again xD. However my brother -LOST- his DS so I couldn't play if I wanted to. Unless I downloaded an emulator and all that, which I'd rather not. That was a pretty good trade Zoroack, bet the person didn't even realize it was a shiny (or if they did they were very nice =o)

Brady
02-29-2012, 02:53 AM
One time, on my Emerald version, I was collecting Ash for all the PokeFlutes and for the glass furniture for secret bases, and I caught a shiny Slugma. My first legit shiny <3 Shit was so cash. Now I'm just kinda like, eh.

Tom
03-01-2012, 01:21 AM
One time, on my Emerald version, I was collecting Ash for all the PokeFlutes and for the glass furniture for secret bases, and I caught a shiny Slugma. My first legit shiny <3 Shit was so cash. Now I'm just kinda like, eh.

Haha, yeah, looking back I'm not sure why I gave a shit, but the first few were exhilarating.

flooble_bloo
03-08-2012, 06:04 AM
I think once I ran into a shiny rattata in my starting town, after I'd beaten the top gym. I didn't care too much about shinies and it was like level 2,so I just killed it :P

Kura45
03-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Only one, a Shiny Marill.

Neoquest
03-18-2012, 11:47 AM
I've soft refreshed for a shiny pokemon, and I've received one in trade.

When I first started playing Pearl when it came out, I put a Chimchar up for trade (breeded one of course) to get a Turtwig. When I received the Turtwig, I was like "Why isn't the color right?" It took a few seconds for me to realize it was a shiny. I nearly shit myself and started screaming X3

And I remember, when I got Platinum, I soft refreshed for HOURS to get a shiny Giratina. It was so worth it....and I ended up getting one with perfect IVs too! It was a complete beast in my team!

If you got it off the wi-fi trading system there's a 99.999% it was illegit.

Yoshi
03-18-2012, 06:53 PM
A shiny venonat :3

alonzo3344
03-18-2012, 08:11 PM
black rayquaza

ickybodclay
03-19-2012, 12:38 PM
I had a shiny ponyta I found once on Pokemon White now it is a shiny rapidash. xD

Slasher
03-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Shiny ponyta is very nice with blue flames.

Reemer
03-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Omg I just found a shiny!! And its even a tentacool! XD
I was just trying to find a wailord and I ran into it, level 13. Thankfully my HM slave was 16 so I weakened it and caught it! Hurray!

Chookity
03-21-2012, 10:43 PM
I've been playing pokemon games since I was like, 10, and I've only ever found one shiny. And it was within the last week. Shiny Krabby. I'm not sure how to feel about that. Pretty unepic as far as shinies go.

xilvain
03-21-2012, 11:06 PM
In all the time I've been playing I've never found even one shiny , or at least one that I have memory of . Maybe I got one when I was younger but I can't remember.

Solgaleo
03-21-2012, 11:08 PM
If you've played Gold/Silver/HG/SS, you've all found at least ONE shiny. The Red Gyrados is considered one :P

GameDude
03-22-2012, 12:42 AM
I seem to have absolutely amazing luck when it comes to shinies. I rented HG one time for like 3 days and I found a shiny Gastly that I was able to trade over and save.

waffy
03-22-2012, 01:56 AM
i have found a shinny noctal in emerald but that was years and years ago :)

Babybumble
03-22-2012, 02:32 AM
never once :(

Chookity
03-23-2012, 01:43 AM
If you've played Gold/Silver/HG/SS, you've all found at least ONE shiny. The Red Gyrados is considered one :P

Yeah, that's what I was playing when I found the Krabby (SS) but I figured I shouldn't count it. I did catch the red gary though, :3

Reemer
03-29-2012, 06:50 PM
HOLY DAMN!! I just found a shiny Hariyama!! 2 shinies in about a week! What are the odds? It was mostly legit too, I just had to use a save state once because he used whirlwind and ran away. Damn, why can't I have this luck with other things!?

Nik
03-30-2012, 10:25 AM
When I was just a boy, at a young age I was playing gold. Walking around early in the game I ran into a shiny (pink!) wooper. Best day of my life. It's too bad I know how to just create myself a legit seeming shiny now. They don't have any value any more. I've found other random shinies before in my +1000 hours spent on pokemon but the wooper was my favourite.

Le_bonc
04-06-2012, 03:00 AM
mone was seaking from fire red , saw it on safari zone but well.. you know i'm lucky in unluckiest way :(

Acid
04-06-2012, 03:03 AM
Yes, but I cheated.

saltymushi
04-06-2012, 08:06 AM
A few times, while walking around. Yay shiny Zubat.
There are methods for getting shinies.

Luck
04-06-2012, 01:09 PM
found a shiny magikarp the other night, what a waste. Espcially since I already had the shiny gyrados >_>

J_L_K_64
04-06-2012, 01:23 PM
found a shiny magikarp the other night, what a waste. Espcially since I already had the shiny gyrados >_>

ya know, if G/S and HG/SS didn't have that damn shiny gyarados, i wouldn't mind trying t find one, ya know?, like i dunno, since it was a part of the storyline, i just don't want no part of it

Luck
04-06-2012, 01:36 PM
ya know, if G/S and HG/SS didn't have that damn shiny gyarados, i wouldn't mind trying t find one, ya know?, like i dunno, since it was a part of the storyline, i just don't want no part of it

Exactly, and I evolved it just to see if it was any different, but the only difference was that it wasnt as shiny, it was still that red color though

xRomanChan
04-06-2012, 04:52 PM
I found a Shiny Pidgey in Heartgold. :rolleyes: Named it Lance. I love that little guy.
ALSO found a shiny sneasel once but I restarted the game. And my ex gave me a shiny darkrai.

pamst3r0
04-07-2012, 01:17 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Sammich
04-09-2012, 05:46 PM
It's the funniest thing; I've never found a single shiny in al my twelve years of playing Pokemon. Not one. Then I see my friends with boxes full of them. It's ridiculous. :p

PotatoPig
04-09-2012, 06:00 PM
boxes full of them.

hax! ! !

thecooliest408
04-13-2012, 01:36 PM
In Sapphire I caught a Shiny Linoone in the wild, I crapped my balls when I saw it was a weird color and stuff. Sucks it was a crappy linoone thou

Nikki92
04-15-2012, 10:05 AM
I've found two shinys in my many, many years of playing pokemon... and they were both zubats. :I

chaseme
04-15-2012, 10:10 AM
In Sapphire I caught a Shiny Linoone in the wild, I crapped my balls when I saw it was a weird color and stuff. Sucks it was a crappy linoone thou

lol i had 2 shiny linoones on sapphire :) they fetched me lots of potions and berries <3

sarahbella
04-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Legitly, only once. xD. Besides Red Gyrados, of course.

But I use an AR for wild shinies, because I like having a collection of them and getting them all to 100.

lastdeadriser
04-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Shiny gibble in diamond still have him

Deviltulle
04-29-2012, 09:47 PM
I am going to play pokemon again for sure!

bambi
04-29-2012, 09:55 PM
i wish i had a black rayquaza, tthe only shinies ive found are plus and minus or what ever their called

shadow772
06-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Of all the times I spend playing Pokemon I have never caught a shiny Pokemon before...tried many, many, many time and not one show up.

Bryan
06-04-2012, 11:03 PM
more like, you're on your way to Sootopolis City and you run into a green wingull. And thats what actually happened. I was surving to sootopolis and found a green wingull. at that time was like omg glitched bird. and caught it, evolved it. and it was still green. I was like woah. but then i learned about shinies. and since then I've gotten a shiny phanpy, 2 shiny starlys, a shiny poochyena, and couple of others. I forget.
My friend was doing that chaining in d/p/p where you increase your chances on getting one. So at 4, his chain gets broken by a shiny, he catches it. literally 2 minutes later, he finds another shiny.

foxe
06-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Hahahha, the first Pokemon game I ever got was Sapphire. Now, in my defence, I was like, 6, but I found a Numel that had a blue back instead of a green one. I absolutely dropped nuts. I thought I had broken the game, so I turned it off without saving :P

True story. I'm a stupid person :P

i wish i had a black rayquaza, tthe only shinies ive found are plus and minus or what ever their called

I have a Black Rayquaza. He's my bud. Favourite pokemon next to Suicune :P He's not legit though ):

Paint
06-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Had 3 boxes full of shinies. They weren't legit but I like shiny things so off I went catching one of every type of pokemon, and keeping the ones I liked while dumping the ones I didn't. Some of the shinies looked awful, I hated those with muddy greens/brownish colours. The original colour combos ended up being easily to look at :P I did train the naturally powerful shinies though. Liked them on my team.

velinn370
06-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Once I got a shiny Adamant Charizard on HG/SS felt sooooo good to see him stomp everything.

Becka
06-05-2012, 09:48 PM
First shiny I caught was in Sapphire on my GBA when I was trying to find a skitty near Rustboro city and I ran into a shiny taillow. I remember I was young so I ran out screaming to mum in excitement L0l.

Now I chain battle pokemon and after about 40 or so of the same pokemon chained, I usually get a shiny. I have a whole box of shiny pokemon. My favorite probably being my Scrafty Ginger.

Daviid
07-03-2012, 09:54 AM
In Ruby I saw a Red Duskull, no pokeballs left......

07-03-2012, 05:40 PM
shiny staravia in platinum xD

MasterHito
07-16-2012, 01:44 PM
i found a shiny rayquaza once in my game boy was the happiest day in my entire life but i just find out he was shiny when i sold my GBA i thoght it was a bug

xHearMyRawrr
01-21-2013, 02:00 AM
UGH. I had bad memories with the shinies: *shiny cloyster*
Me: OMGOMGOMG YAYY
-uses all pokemonballs- (I used the master ball before)
*no balls left*
UGGGHH
Another bad memory:
*shiny graveler*
Me: YAYY
*graveler used self destruct*
Me:......D:<

Beann
02-24-2013, 05:42 PM
I find it a little more easy to find shinies in Black 2/White 2. I found my first one ever in Black 2 and it's a ditto :) Who can't love a blue pile of goo!

Kite
02-24-2013, 06:18 PM
I find it a little more easy to find shinies in Black 2/White 2. I found my first one ever in Black 2 and it's a ditto :) Who can't love a blue pile of goo!

Trade it for a Shiny Japanese Ditto.. best pokerostitute ever

I lol'd it sucks when shinies use a self ko move.. my first shiny was a Buizel iirc but I've found and lost several more since then, not as much of a f yeah moment since I discovered RNG abuse etc.

Desu
02-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Never. Not in my whole 15 years of playing Pokemon have I stumbled across a shiny. I've come into possession of some through gifts and whatnot. But never a legit shiny.

'cept Gyarados, you know xD

Toasted
02-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Ive only ever found one shiny, and wouldnt you know it was my favorite pokemon.
I was catching shit tons of mareeps for breeding/natures...and found a shiny.

...I think I mighta pissed myself, who knows. o:

utahclock
02-24-2013, 10:32 PM
Oh now Im going to have to look at my black sim, see if any where shiny lol, its been awhile since i beat the game ha ha

Fury
02-24-2013, 10:58 PM
I found a few throughout my Pokemon years. Got a shiny magikarp in Pokemon Soul Silver. Shiny geodude in Pokemon Leaf Green, and a shiny heracross in Pokemon Black 2.

Kite
02-25-2013, 08:25 AM
Got a shiny magikarp in Pokemon Soul Silver.
Bro.. that sucks, I hope you kept it a Magikarp at least, since you get a free shiny Gyrados anyways :P

Luv
02-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Never came across one, I only got tons of shiny pokemons via cheats T^T
I didn't even know they existed.

Fury
02-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Bro.. that sucks, I hope you kept it a Magikarp at least, since you get a free shiny Gyrados anyways :P

I did kept it as a Magikarp cause I caught the Red Gyrados early. Magikarp was found later after the Elite Four.

Kite
02-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Phew I'm glad you know what you're doing! Golden Magikarps are pretty beast, great flail trolls

Mod
02-25-2013, 03:27 PM
^And splash trolls.

TinCan
03-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Yeah, it was in Emerald and it was a Zigzagoon.

I killed it out of outrage.

Master Shake
03-07-2013, 01:24 PM
In sapphire I found a gold magikarp (or however you spell it), I was hoping that the garydos (or however you spell it) would be gold but he turned red

Mod
03-07-2013, 02:26 PM
In sapphire I found a gold magikarp (or however you spell it), I was hoping that the garydos (or however you spell it) would be gold but he turned red

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Fury
03-07-2013, 02:49 PM
I caught a shiny Sneasel the other day on Pokemon Black 2 the other day. I don't like it.. so pink..

Oshawott
03-23-2013, 08:36 AM
The only Shiny pokemon I've found are a shiny golbat in gold, a shiny aron in ruby and a shiny shinx in pearl :(

Daenery
04-18-2013, 04:57 PM
I've found about 6 natural shinies from just wandering around in the wild throughout all the gens I've played. My first was a gray Krabby in Pokemon Silver, I rock smashed a boulder and when I saw it sparkle I thought I had just come across some kind of Missingno, haha. I also found a shiny Oddish in Sapphire who became a fabulously purple-faced Bellossom.

But nowadays it's relatively easy to manipulate the RNG with the right calculators and guides, so boxes and boxes of "legit" shinies aren't unheard of. The Pokemon are still naturally generated by the game since all it really is is knowing when to turn on the DS and what in-game steps to take to advance the RNG, so official Nintendo tournaments will still accept them because they'll pass every hack check. :rolleyes:

Externica
04-27-2013, 03:59 PM
I once catched a shiny Natu in the original Silver. And the red Gyarados aside, it was the only Shiny Pok�mon Iever catched. I didn't even bother to evolve the Natu, but can't remember why.

Lord Darigan
04-27-2013, 04:18 PM
I was in that route by that tree town.. in ruby/sapphire/emerald idk what route it is but its one of the only places you can catch a barboach. And i wanted a wishcash so could have a pokemon that knew fissure. I saw a shiny one and killed it -_-

Daenery
04-27-2013, 04:35 PM
I was in that route by that tree town.. in ruby/sapphire/emerald idk what route it is but its one of the only places you can catch a barboach. And i wanted a wishcash so could have a pokemon that knew fissure. I saw a shiny one and killed it -_-

Aww :(

My friend once encountered a shiny Poochyena during that scripted attack scene where you're forced to kill it after choosing a starter. :rolleyes:

Lord Darigan
04-27-2013, 04:36 PM

My friend once encountered a shiny Poochyena during that scripted attack scene where you're forced to kill it after choosing a starter. :rolleyes:

noooooo hahah that can happen?? thats terrible! I used to be a competitive battler on like pokecommunity and pe2k.. but just like neo i cheated my pokemon to be good

Externica
04-27-2013, 04:40 PM

Ouch, that's what I call tough luck.
Sounds a lot like a story that could happen to me, to be honest.

Daenery
04-27-2013, 04:46 PM
noooooo hahah that can happen?? thats terrible! I used to be a competitive battler on like pokecommunity and pe2k.. but just like neo i cheated my pokemon to be good

Yeah, it broke my heart just hearing her talk about it, haha. I still adore my naturally caught shinies, I keep them in their own PC box. :rolleyes:

I never battled much but I absolutely loved breeding and wild-catch RNGing. It's easy to PokeSAV a Pokemon with legit stats but I think the issue was that there'd be bits of hex code in the Pokemon's PID that either were missing or didn't belong, and it wasn't an issue with RNGing. I think someone came in 2nd place in a Nintendo regional with one of my breeds once. Hohoho.

Lord Darigan
04-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Yeah, it broke my heart just hearing her talk about it, haha. I still adore my naturally caught shinies, I keep them in their own PC box. :rolleyes:

I never battled much but I absolutely loved breeding and wild-catch RNGing. It's easy to PokeSAV a Pokemon with legit stats but I think the issue was that there'd be bits of hex code in the Pokemon's PID that either were missing or didn't belong, and it wasn't an issue with RNGing. I think someone came in 2nd place in a Nintendo regional with one of my breeds once. Hohoho.

thats tight! I would pokesav and then battle for fun. never for any reward or anything. It was just fun. Im past the point where I've grown out of pokemon and now I look back on it nostalgically and just wanna play it all the time but don't wanna dedicate the time. I owned and beat every game through platinum :blue:

Daenery
04-27-2013, 05:04 PM
thats tight! I would pokesav and then battle for fun. never for any reward or anything. It was just fun. Im past the point where I've grown out of pokemon and now I look back on it nostalgically and just wanna play it all the time but don't wanna dedicate the time. I owned and beat every game through platinum :blue:

I used to RNG so I'd have legit Pokemon to trade for copies of other peoples' rarer legit Pokemon, haha. The advent of wifi trading in Pokemon was glorious, I could trade with forum members from all around the world. RNGing was really fun, required a lot of timekeeping and such but it was just so rewarding to have shiny flawless Pokemon at your fingertips. :rolleyes: But I'm the same way as you now, I'm too lazy to get back into it. Calibrating took hours sometimes. ~_~

The only Pokemon game cartridges I don't have are Red and Blue, I have everything from Yellow up till Black and White. :$

Lord Darigan
04-28-2013, 12:02 AM
I used to RNG so I'd have legit Pokemon to trade for copies of other peoples' rarer legit Pokemon, haha. The advent of wifi trading in Pokemon was glorious, I could trade with forum members from all around the world. RNGing was really fun, required a lot of timekeeping and such but it was just so rewarding to have shiny flawless Pokemon at your fingertips. :rolleyes: But I'm the same way as you now, I'm too lazy to get back into it. Calibrating took hours sometimes. ~_~

The only Pokemon game cartridges I don't have are Red and Blue, I have everything from Yellow up till Black and White. :$

once i got my ps3 and I started getting into call of duty i sold my ds and gameboy sp and all my games.. and all my cards.. so if i ever play its if i borrow someones or use emulators. If they ever make an emulator that can flawlessly battle someone over bluetooth or wifi.. my life will be made. Nintendo needs to develop a pokemon app or something. They'd make a killing

aznboy1997
04-28-2013, 12:58 PM
I have!!!

In Pokemon Platinum, my sixth fossil that I revived was a shiny Cranidos. LEGIT! <3

My little brother also found a shiny Raticate when he was trying to find a Machop to trade to his friend.

Daenery
04-28-2013, 02:26 PM
once i got my ps3 and I started getting into call of duty i sold my ds and gameboy sp and all my games.. and all my cards.. so if i ever play its if i borrow someones or use emulators. If they ever make an emulator that can flawlessly battle someone over bluetooth or wifi.. my life will be made. Nintendo needs to develop a pokemon app or something. They'd make a killing

I think there's already a version of Desmume out with wifi support, but I haven't tried it yet since I just use my official cartridge whenever I need Wifi. I thought it was amazing that Desmume could emulate Pal Parking though, I was able to Pal Park Pokemon from RSE over to the newer games, both emulated. Nintendo did kinda try expanding onto the internet with Dream World, but it got so much traffic that they had to limit access to 1 hour a day, which is really lame. It got boring fast. :rolleyes:

DarkByte
04-28-2013, 02:39 PM
I did not know they even existed in game till this thread...

Daenery
04-28-2013, 11:19 PM
I did not know they even existed in game till this thread...

Never got to play the original Silver/Gold/Crystal versions? There was a Red Gyarados scripted into Lake Mahogany.

goodieboy
04-29-2013, 06:27 AM
First time I met a shiny in Emerald is in battle factory, a shiny vileplume -.- Battled with it from round 2 all the way to round 7, sad to see it gone. 2nd time I met a shiny zigzagoon and just tossed ultraball to catch it.

Though I've got like shiny mew/deoxys/lugia/milotic etc from my friend who used gamesharked before the shiny zigzagoon, so I wasn't really that thrilled.

ecroses
05-17-2013, 09:00 AM
Yes! Found a shiny Ratata once.

marianokt
05-17-2013, 12:08 PM
I once get a shiny Meowth legit. That was the first and last time that happened

Subtate
05-17-2013, 02:25 PM
playing legitimate? Never.
With gameshark all the time :o_o:

anonymous_guy
05-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Never found one legitly.

Btw, this thread convinced me to go download a GBA Emulator, and now Im playing Fire Red :K

LilSlytherinBabe
05-27-2013, 03:57 PM
I've played Pokemon since the games first came out and I only ever saw ONE legit shiny pokemon in my game and I accidentally killed it! :'(

I am not sure where I was going now, I think I was just playing through the game and out around Lavaridge (or wherever you first start seeing Swablu) and ran into a shiny one. I tried catching it but all my pokemon were too powerful to take down some of the health and not kill it to catch it. So sad. I have never seen one in any of the original gameboy games though.

Attack
05-27-2013, 04:33 PM
I got 3 shinies. The first one I still remember the time and place lol. I was training my Giratina to beat the Elite 4 at my friends house and I found a Shiny ariados.
The second one: pokemon diamond again, I found the shiny evolution of Ralts
3rd: Pokemon Emerald, found a shiny Feebas

brubs
05-30-2013, 02:15 AM
I never found one, they're pretty hard to find. ._.

shadowcat
05-30-2013, 02:24 AM
My brother found a Shiny Magikarp once. This was in Emerald in the pond of the last Gym.

Attainable
05-31-2013, 08:53 PM
A Shiny Zubat....made me upset...a Zubat of all things.

Fogged
06-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Not one in my whole pokemon gaming life. :(

Gohan
06-28-2013, 02:10 AM
I found a shiny Mightyena randomly in Emerald. Now it's on my Pokemon Diamond.

katix
06-28-2013, 02:42 AM
:[ I've never seen a shiny at all.

Magikarp
06-28-2013, 02:49 AM
A Shiny Zubat....made me upset...a Zubat of all things.

I am offended by your post lol
ever since the introduction of Crobats, one of my main pokemon i always catch a zubat to train to get a high end crobat.

CROBATS ARE BAMFS

Hinth
06-28-2013, 08:15 AM
I did. It was a very exciting experience. Gogo ultraball!

Bettser
06-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Only that Shiny Red Gyarados in Pokemon Crystal/Silver/Gold that everyone finds :(

Raj
06-28-2013, 08:38 AM
A shiny wurmple c: I raised that thing like a child

Sylveon
06-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Without an action replay? Hellllllllllllllllllll no. xD

My friend did once. Asked him if he had a shiny ditto I could have, he's walking in the wild on some route, found one. JUST LIKE THAT.

Some people have all the luck. :mad:

legit
06-30-2013, 08:35 PM
I found a shiny taillow in emerald but my pkmn accidentally OHKO'd it

dark_12
07-13-2013, 12:29 PM
I had seen one mewtwo shiny orange city, catch it with a pokeball but then woke :( I've never had one, as they do? :S

Tapir
07-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Years ago I found a shiny metapod in viridian forest (I think it was fire red). Evolving it was so tedious (had to do that exp share thing where you swap it out on the first turn so it gets exp) but I was like NO I HAVE TO I NEED A SHINY BUTTERFREE lol

Hisoka
07-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Been playing since the first gen, never found one =/ I do have quite a few that were created with RNG breeding for competitive purposes thought. And I've RNGed some shiny pokemon in BW myself (virizion, terrakion, kyurem and coballion). They've got kickass IVs too and great natures.

Krawk
07-23-2013, 04:06 AM
Aside from Red Gyrados, whom I never caught... no. I have never come across a shiny pokemon D:

meowmix89
07-23-2013, 09:53 AM
I found a shiny Abra once.... . :| Im sure you can work out what happened to it.

Wenis
07-23-2013, 10:03 AM
I caught a Shiny Ponyta back in the day....it had blue fire and everything it was sick.......it was in leaf green on the way to catch one of the legendary birds

Pusheen
07-28-2013, 03:10 PM
I've never, and I've played different Pokemons for hours and days and weeks..
They run away from me probably

Forever
07-29-2013, 03:44 AM
I have played every Pokemon game for the Gameboy Advanced and DS, and not ONCE have I ever encountered a shiny Pokemon. Then again, I'm lazy as fuck and never bother to fill out the Pokedex (aka max repels = my best friends)...

Ken
07-29-2013, 11:26 AM
What's a shiny pokemon? Jk. Never in my life have I encountered one in the wild. I just usually get them through cheating.:P

Then again, I'm lazy as fuck and never bother to fill out the Pokedex (aka max repels = my best friends)...
I do that too. Once I have the pokemon I like I just dash through the story, meh.

j03
11-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Found a shiny Phanpy yesterday in Pokemon X. Only 35 hours in. :D

Aladdin
11-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Only Shiny Gyarados, Haxorus, Dratini.

Fir
11-09-2013, 02:31 PM
In pokemon emerald i found a shiny metapod /lol

GOAT
11-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Found a Shiny Mienfoo in Pokemon X before I even got to Ambrette Town :) I am pretty sure I have found some others in older games but I can't remember right now...

Slasher
11-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Anyone knows if there is free/cheap 3 DS emulator available? And a pokemon y/x rom? :)

Accelerator
11-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Yes, a shiny Spinda in Emerald, the only shiny I have found and captured.
Lame pokemon -_-

j03
11-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Anyone knows if there is free/cheap 3 DS emulator available? And a pokemon y/x rom? :)

Off topic, but there is Gateway 3DS.

Slasher
11-13-2013, 06:49 AM
Sorry but thanks! Can't find any working rom. I know I'll end up by buying a 3DS and the game anyway xD

j03
11-13-2013, 10:54 PM
Found a shiny Gabite today!!

mt5o5bd
11-14-2013, 03:04 AM
There isn't an emulator or a cart working for 3DS (Gateway is incompatible) and I know this because I have been checking whether an emulator has been released every single day.

j03
11-14-2013, 03:52 PM
There isn't an emulator or a cart working for 3DS (Gateway is incompatible) and I know this because I have been checking whether an emulator has been released every single day.

I said fuck it and bought it with the game for $180 total off kijiji. Well worth the money and it's been years since I paid that much for any kind of handheld gaming. Can't wait for an actual flashcart so my system can play any game I want like the way they did the original DS.

I found a shiny Sluggoo last night BTW. :D

Bowsette
11-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Haha yeah I found a legit one once when I first played pokemon silver. Didn't know what it was and thought it was a glitch so I ran away:$

music_node
11-15-2013, 04:01 PM
Ive played nearly every Pokemon game for 15 years and havent once even spotted a shiny.

Hydrapple
11-25-2013, 10:18 AM
I've found a shiny Machop and a Sligoo in my friend Safari so far.
Oh Heart Gold, I found a shiny Slugma once.