PDA

View Full Version : If you would have to loose a sense...

Slasher
02-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Which would it be between being deaf, mute or blind? Why?

I couldn't live whithout my eyes. I would rather be mute than not behing able to ear too. I could still watch movies and music, play music, speak with my hands. I guess I could still write and read even if I was blind, but it would be harder.

John
02-20-2012, 10:15 PM
smell for me

Evelsaint
02-20-2012, 10:17 PM
yeah, smell. :D

Steve
02-20-2012, 10:19 PM
definitely smell.
and between being being deaf, mute or blind... mute of course.

Solgaleo
02-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Which would it be between being deaf, mute or blind? Why?

You guys fail for not answering the question correctly :C

I would personally rather be mute over all of those. I have no problem admitting that I would never be able to live without my sight or hearing. I honestly have all the respect in the world for those who thrive (that are blind or deaf). I don't know how I would do it

IndigoSunset
02-20-2012, 10:22 PM
I'd rather be deaf than mute. You can still hear things in your head at least being deaf. I rely on my voice too much for what I do in my day to day life- speaking in all its various forms is what I do best.

Ray-Chill
02-20-2012, 10:33 PM
I'd choose deaf.
I'm learning sign and am pretty good at it.
Plus the deaf community rocks and I talk way to much to be mute.

Ryan~
02-21-2012, 12:13 AM
Smell. :P It's the only one i could see myself not really caring too much about.

Bettser
02-21-2012, 12:15 AM
Smell and taste go hand in hand...... Losing one is like losing the other..

So Id say hearing as well. Reading lips wouldnt be too hard.

Evelsaint
02-21-2012, 12:22 AM
I rather lose my ability to speak. Being unable to speak might be a bit hard but definitely easier than not being able to hear or see.

My opinion.

Kiminess
02-21-2012, 03:19 AM
It's way too hard to choose. There are several reasons I wouldn't want to lose any of them. I love to sing, and wouldn't if mute. I wouldn't be able to hear music to sing to if I was deaf. If I were blind I wouldn't be able to fully explore the world which is something I'd like to do. It'd probably be easiest to be mute, as I could at least still hear and see, as well as talk to people through writing and sign.

Slasher
02-21-2012, 06:48 AM
Smell. :P It's the only one i could see myself not really caring too much about.

Not in the options :P

Ryan~
02-21-2012, 10:45 AM
It's my option >:(

I need to see, feel, and taste, and hear! Okay, I wanna lose my sixth sense :(

SmileYaDead
02-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Hard to choose, since I really enjoy singing and dancing. Maybe mute would be the best, since I could still enjoy listening to music and would be able to dance.

Charlotte
02-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Is mute even one of the options? Because speaking isn't one of the 5 senses.

Anyway, if I had to choose which one to lose, it would be smell. I don't use it for many important purposes, other than knowing when something is burning in the oven. And I would still be able to hear a smoke alarm go off, so it's not absolutely neccessary.

IndigoSunset
02-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Is mute even one of the options? Because speaking isn't one of the 5 senses.
Well yeah, tisn't a sense but it's one of the 3 options:
"Which would it be between being deaf, mute or blind? Why?"

Though no-one seems to be answering the question but rather making up their own question to answer :P

Chookity
02-21-2012, 02:27 PM
I'd rather be mute. I don't like talking to people anyway.

Danny
02-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Mute for sure.

John
02-22-2012, 12:52 PM
stop shooting down scent:P it's a sense.

and of the three i would probably go either deaf or mute. not sure which:/ prolly mute

Danny
02-22-2012, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't choose scent either way.
Doesn't the ability to smell trigger the ability to taste?
That's getting rid of two senses. D:

John
02-22-2012, 12:56 PM
no. they are connected, there are a lot of tastebuds in your nose, but although it would damage your taste, it would not ruin it.

Danny
02-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Well I wouldn't want my taste damaged. D:
Especially when eating McDonalds. ;D

IndigoSunset
02-22-2012, 09:16 PM
no. they are connected, there are a lot of tastebuds in your nose, but although it would damage your taste, it would not ruin it.

"According to Dr Alan Hirsch of the Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago, 90% of what is perceived as taste is actually smell. "
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Just saying :P

Sci_Girl
02-22-2012, 09:49 PM

No, there are a lot of olfactory bulbs in the nose as well as the olfactory epithelium. Actual taste buds occur on the tongue and back of the throat. They are not physically connected, the only connection they have together is in the perception of flavor. Taste itself is elicited by taste bud receptors firing and therefore sending a message to their brain while olfaction (smelling) contributes to the perception of flavor. However there are other different receptors also working together to cause the sensation of flavor in foods.

Mike
02-22-2012, 10:01 PM
*Lose, not loose, loose is when something isn't tight, or something like that ex: "My pants are loose."

Anyways, I'd lose my speaking, being deaf is like depressing, blind is like the end of the world, and speaking is idk... So speaking it is, I'd go around with a paper and a pen and write down what I need to say...

Rain
02-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Mute.

Definitely mute.

All the way.

John
02-22-2012, 10:27 PM
also just putting this out there: speech isnt a sense

Mike
02-22-2012, 10:31 PM
also just putting this out there: speech isnt a sense

Lol, true, should've been hear, touch, smell & taste.

Khelddar
02-23-2012, 08:14 AM
Smell, I think it might actual be helpful no being able to smell certain things.

Other than that mute, I think it wouldn't be to bad not having to talk to people