PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon GO

cloudxcrash
09-10-2015, 12:21 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

"Travel between the real world and the virtual world of Pok�mon with Pok�mon GO for iPhone and Android devices! With Pok�mon GO, you'll discover Pok�mon in a whole new world—your own! Pok�mon GO will use real location information to encourage players to search far and wide in the real world to discover Pok�mon.

The Pok�mon video game series has used real-world locations such as the Hokkaido and Kanto regions of Japan, New York, and Paris as inspiration for the fantasy settings in which its games take place. Now the real world will be the setting!

The Pok�mon video game series has always valued open and social experiences, such as connecting with other players to enjoy trading and battling Pok�mon. Pok�mon GO’s gameplay experience goes beyond what appears on screen, as players explore their neighborhoods, communities, and the world they live in to discover Pok�mon alongside friends and other players.

You can watch the video at the top of the page to better understand the Pok�mon GO experience.

A small device called a Pok�mon GO Plus will enable Pok�mon GO players to enjoy the game even when they’re not looking at their smartphone. The device connects to the smartphone via Bluetooth and notifies the player about events in the game—such as the appearance of a Pok�mon nearby—using an LED and vibration. In addition, players can catch Pok�mon or perform other simple actions by pressing the button on the device. Pok�mon GO Plus is being developed and manufactured by Nintendo Co., Ltd.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Pok�mon GO is being developed by Niantic, Inc. Originally founded by Google Earth co-creator John Hanke as a start-up within Google, Niantic is known for creating Ingress, the augmented reality mobile game that utilizes GPS technology to fuel a sci-fi story encompassing the entire world. Ingress currently has 12 million downloads worldwide.

Niantic, Inc., The Pok�mon Company, and Nintendo Co., Ltd., will all contribute to the Pok�mon GO project.

Furthermore, Junichi Masuda of Game Freak Inc., the game director of the Pok�mon video game series, is also contributing to the project. He is hard at work ensuring that the fun of Pok�mon makes its way into this new project, and is also looking to come up with new kinds of gameplay while thinking of ways to connect this project with the main series of Pok�mon video games.

Pok�mon GO will be available for download at no charge on the App Store and Google Play. In-app purchases will be available.

Look forward to much more information about Pok�mon GO leading up to its launch in 2016!"
- Source ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'M READYYYYY

Pusheen
09-10-2015, 12:22 PM
I just saw this posted on facebook a couple hours ago
Honestly, this is so exciting, I'll totally buy this...

Maybe if it's too good, I'll leave college and become a real pokemon master :rolleyes:

Wooloo
09-10-2015, 02:04 PM
HYPE HYPE HYPE

I'm SOOOO excited for this!

GOAT
09-10-2015, 04:19 PM
I AM SO MAD I MISSED THE TOURNAMENT YOU GUYS ENDED UP DOING I HAVENT BEEN ON HERE IN SO LONG RARRRGHRFGHAFHG

But yeah, this looks interesting. Still unsure if I will "go" for it just because I have so much else on my plate, and that is probably unlikely to change, but if definitely looks pretty fun.

Mama Bear
09-10-2015, 04:26 PM
My husband and I were both super-excited-nerd-mode for this. I can't wait.

j03
09-10-2015, 04:50 PM
Damn! Well, hopefully I have something amazing Pokemon-related for the forum soon! Gotta catch 'em all!!! :D

reigning
09-10-2015, 05:05 PM
Haven't played pokemon in 15 years, but damn am I excited about this.

txtsd
09-10-2015, 08:56 PM
It only looks fancy because of the Holographic UI in the video, which is not going to exist. I'll get hype when I see actual gameplay.

Munna
09-10-2015, 11:57 PM
This looks amazing and is just another thing to sink all of my money into... :P
Super pumped though! ;-;

Cath
09-11-2015, 12:14 AM
I am so excited for this, I can't wait!

Maison
09-11-2015, 03:46 AM
o. m. g

domedyne
09-11-2015, 10:29 AM
I want to see this + Google Glass/HoloLens so that the stuff in the promo video would actually be possible. That would be SO. FRICKIN. AMAZING.

Pyre
09-11-2015, 04:01 PM
Im super hyped for this, but I agree its just all simulated UI. Its probably going to be similar to the "hold the camera up and see the pokemon through your phone" model that theyve been trying to push with the ds.

It'll probably be much more successful on phones, but god DAMN the freemium model. I'd much rather buy the app than have it free and have to pay for in game purchases :|

I guess we'll see how much restriction they put on playing it without buying anything

70spurple
09-12-2015, 11:50 AM
The market is huge though. Everyone has a smart phone.

Charlie
09-12-2015, 01:27 PM
OMG FINALLY! I know someone who was helping to develop this and I AM SO EXCITED!! HYPE HYPE! YESS!

Sakuras
09-12-2015, 01:44 PM
I'M
SO
FUCKING
HYPE

that is all.

marshmallowking
09-14-2015, 07:02 PM
I'm pretty excited! I think the graphics won't be very good (definitely not anything as intense as the preview) and it may be buggy in the first months, but a mobile game is a good thing for the Pokemon genre. I hope its a pay-once fee for the whole game instead of being pay-to-win and having in-app purchases though. Just read your post. In-app purchases. BLECH.

I'm really excited for it to have push notifications when a pokemon is near or your phone senses a nearby trainer ready to battle. The option to turn your "battle mode" on and off and even time it for certain times of the day (like when you're not in school) will be a really good social aspect. Meeting random people on the street because you hear that pokemon battle notification jingle? AMAZING.

I've got experience with AR games on the 3DS and AR can be pretty amazing too. Characters in recent years have been able to interact with the environment in japanese games.

Naked Gamer
09-14-2015, 07:10 PM
just if the real world was that pokemon crazy!!!!

i can't wait this shit is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! funny when i actually throw a virtual ball at a pokemon get right into and seeing public reaction lmao!

Extraterrestrial
09-14-2015, 07:25 PM
honestly i think this was a super great idea to get pokemon on mobile! the trailer gave me chills honestly it looked so good and like everything my tiny pokemon loving heart has ever wanted in life. can't wait to travel to ny and beat the shit outta mewtwo.

mollyjo
09-14-2015, 08:25 PM
One of my friends was joking about how freaked out they are going to be when their phone buzzes to let them know that a Mr. Mime is in the corner of his room. Just sitting and watching *shudder*

But seriously, this looks awesome. My inner childhood nerd can't wait to try it out.

marshmallowking
09-14-2015, 10:31 PM
By their description of the app, the throwing the pokeball motion isn't even necessary. You probably won't get to see a lot of people doing that. XD

riedy
09-27-2015, 05:02 PM
Can't wait!! Hope it doesn't disappoint.

littlespacecase
10-17-2015, 05:39 PM
This is what I've wanted Pokemon to be for like the last 5 years! I'm soooo excited they're finally doing it!