PDA

View Full Version : For some reason I always help people that does not rep

phantasia
08-23-2015, 01:24 PM
Anyone besides me have that problem...

j03
08-23-2015, 01:53 PM
That does suck... but remember that ASKING for reputation is against the rules.

Air
08-23-2015, 01:59 PM
You don't help for rep, you help cause you're a nice person.
I mean if you need rep for something, just buy vip instead.

Complaining about not getting rep for helping is like complaining about being a good guy and being friend-zoned.
C'mon mang, you better than that.

phantasia
08-23-2015, 02:05 PM

Complaining about not getting rep for helping is like complaining about being a good guy and being friend-zoned.

Yeah your right. I need to start changing my view. I cant buy VIP. My country does not support payments to paypal

DrSloth
08-23-2015, 02:08 PM
i have the same problem but u r not allowed to ask for it, i'm still at 93 but keep going and helping.

and about vip, i feel the same, i had it for a month cause someone bought nps for vip, you could try that

I_royalty_I
08-23-2015, 02:33 PM
I help people all the time and barely get a thank you sometimes. It's all good though. Don't help people for rep, help people because you are able and it will be noticed. You'll get there!

Mindfang
08-23-2015, 03:03 PM
buy a gun and use it to your advantage its the only way

Pusheen
08-23-2015, 03:06 PM
I sometimes feel new members don't know about +rep or don't know how to use it.
I've wanted to become official clraik for a while and the rep is all I'm needing to archive it xD

So I get your struggle.

phantasia
08-23-2015, 03:08 PM
I sometimes feel new members don't know about +rep or don't know how to use it.
I've wanted to become official clraik for a while and the rep is all I'm needing to archive it xD

So I get your struggle.

Yeah I think we are all there. Good luck. I see you are at power 3 already. Your doing good!

Lenars
08-23-2015, 03:30 PM
i forget to rep ppl sometimes when i am assisted in ways :c

phantasia
08-23-2015, 03:56 PM
i forget to rep ppl sometimes when i am assisted in ways :c

you should try remember. It means a lot more than a thanks on here :) ... see you on our VIP board :)

learningtoneopet1
08-23-2015, 04:01 PM
Eh, a lot of people aren't aware of what rep can do. It's hard to remember and rep someone if they help you, but the more you spread your rep, the more you'll be getting back since people remember that :P

Sci_Girl
08-23-2015, 05:26 PM
Simply helping someone out should not result in automatic rep. The point of rep is to earn it, you earn your reputation. That does not just happen. Best advice I can give, based on personal experience here, is get involved on a topic(s) and give sound facts or evidence to support your statements. Earn that reputative by showing what you have to offer be it skill wise in computers for example or maybe homework help that you know well. Something that really shows you know your stuff...this also applies to making guides. Often people will rep if they read something someone else knows a lot about. Like the life questions that have been popping up. Those that give the real good personal advice should receive the rep, not the ones saying "stay focused". It is slow but your reputation will be earned and you will get to those ranks you want. Just do not believe it will happen quickly.

Also, I personally will not give rep at all if posts get goofy and immature when someone is asking a real question. Be goofy on the goofy topics but if someone asks a serious or a true question leave the immaturity out. Being immature is not the reputation you want, you want the hey you actually helped me out reputation. I am not saying you are immature or anything I am referring to a general posting by anyone.

Naked Gamer
08-23-2015, 06:41 PM
squirt some rep all over my face hahaha......jks

Req is like Neopets just less shit given but that happens since its all up to the user base in general :/ shit happens so just keep shitting along you will get there.

Ban
08-23-2015, 06:59 PM
Well, I help people weekly with the MPic answers and sometimes people don't even thank me, those who rep are few (but I'm very grateful to them) so... don't help people to get rep, help people for the satisfaction of helping, if someone reps you, be happy (:

cloudxcrash
08-23-2015, 07:44 PM

C'mon Air, try to think outside your own box for a minute.

In case you haven't noticed, this is a cheating community. The majority joined for one reason - to cheat. To access certain programs you need to be a certain rank. Not everyone has the ability to buy premium, leaving them with ranking up as the only option. You rank up partly by getting repped, and you get repped by "contributing to the community" which I expect helping others counts as. If you continue to help after you've reached your desired rank then you're clearly helping because you're a nice person and don't care about rep. Until then, please rep people for helping you out or you'll risk discouraging them from posting and potentially locking out an entire group of people from the community.

Ban
08-24-2015, 01:06 PM
C'mon Air, try to think outside your own box for a minute.

In case you haven't noticed, this is a cheating community. The majority joined for one reason - to cheat. To access certain programs you need to be a certain rank. Not everyone has the ability to buy premium, leaving them with ranking up as the only option. You rank up partly by getting repped, and you get repped by "contributing to the community" which I expect helping others counts as. If you continue to help after you've reached your desired rank then you're clearly helping because you're a nice person and don't care about rep. Until then, please rep people for helping you out or you'll risk discouraging them from posting and potentially locking out an entire group of people from the community.

To be honest... I can't buy VIP, at all, nope, not an option... the few times I had VIP, were times when I actually won a month in a giveaway or something.
Ranking up was my only option, yes, all I did was be patient and I kept helping people, eventually I got to OCK, recently TCK :)
It's supposed to be hard, you're not supposed to get there quickly :/

cloudxcrash
08-24-2015, 03:32 PM
To be honest... I can't buy VIP, at all, nope, not an option... the few times I had VIP, were times when I actually won a month in a giveaway or something.
Ranking up was my only option, yes, all I did was be patient and I kept helping people, eventually I got to OCK, recently TCK :)
It's supposed to be hard, you're not supposed to get there quickly :/

I'm not saying it should be easy, I'm just saying rep should be given where rep is due. Stuff like "Write CloudAcara rocks and I'll +rep you!" isn't exactly contributing to anything at all. However, taking your time to provide a service, an in-depth guide or answer to a question, or anything really that helps or improves the community is, at least imo, repworthy.

Naked Gamer
08-24-2015, 03:39 PM
Do what I do put your head between your legs and pray rarely works but worth a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ban
08-24-2015, 05:55 PM
I'm not saying it should be easy, I'm just saying rep should be given where rep is due. Stuff like "Write CloudAcara rocks and I'll +rep you!" isn't exactly contributing to anything at all. However, taking your time to provide a service, an in-depth guide or answer to a question, or anything really that helps or improves the community is, at least imo, repworthy.

That's true, many many times I see great guides that don't get what they deserve, but I guess that's cK? :/
I mean, my Altador Cup guide has been up for 2 years/3 Altador Cups and has 77 thanks, from those 77, if 30 repped me, that's a lot already xD

Naked Gamer
08-24-2015, 06:05 PM
That's true, many many times I see great guides that don't get what they deserve, but I guess that's cK? :/
I mean, my Altador Cup guide has been up for 2 years/3 Altador Cups and has 77 thanks, from those 77, if 30 repped me, that's a lot already xD

Maybe a different rep button with more visibility that says rep ?

Ban
08-24-2015, 06:11 PM

Would prob help xD
I think some people (newbies) don't realize this little sheriff star button means rep :P

Naked Gamer
08-24-2015, 06:13 PM
Would prob help xD
I think some people (newbies) don't realize this little sheriff star button means rep :P

Probably hahaha makes sense for a bigger button that says rep.

Maybe increase the badge size change it to gold and have Rep in the middle of it? Thought?
Infamous Joe

PrettySarcastic
08-24-2015, 07:40 PM
I think it's a good idea, I agree that many people don't understand the importance of rep for additional privileges, and that giving rep doesn't take away from their own or something.

Naked Gamer
08-24-2015, 07:44 PM
I think it's a good idea, I agree that many people don't understand the importance of rep for additional privileges, and that giving rep doesn't take away from their own or something.

That with my idea this it work better what do you think?

potatoespotate
08-24-2015, 07:50 PM
Would prob help xD

Now I feel stupid, but yeah, I actually thought "thanking" was like equivalent to giving a rep. :dejection: Next time I find a useful guide posted or something I'll def make an effort to remember to rep. e_e;

PrettySarcastic
08-24-2015, 07:57 PM
scarmans I think your idea would help!

It might be a limitation of the forum software though I am unsure.

Naked Gamer
08-24-2015, 08:00 PM
scarmans I think your idea would help!

It might be a limitation of the forum software though I am unsure.

Maybe sorter hope not though but we will see if Joe responses I guess for sure

Winona
08-26-2015, 03:03 PM
Would prob help xD

I had no idea for the longest time that the sheriff star button was rep and not report.... I don't remember how I found it out, but I ended up having a good laugh. :P

phantasia
08-26-2015, 03:16 PM

I actually think something like that would really help