PDA

View Full Version : How to force your computer to download and upgrade to Windows 10

j03
08-04-2015, 06:16 AM
If you're having trouble getting the download to appear, check this tool made by Microsoft that allows you to force your computer to start downloading Windows 10 and to finally upgrade:

[Only registered and activated users can see links] Tool

Do you have Windows 10 yet? Do you like it?

Skarl
08-04-2015, 06:20 AM
My second mom did this recently and is a happy camper

phantasia
08-10-2015, 01:26 PM
I am scared to update to windows 10. With windows its always a good idea to wait till all the glitches are sorted out

Ok maybe its not him at all. Maybe I am wrong

SweetSong
08-10-2015, 09:48 PM
I have it, love it.. then again I was forced to use a windows 8 for a year I was about ready to throw my laptop out the window...:$

PrettySarcastic
08-10-2015, 10:19 PM
If you're having trouble getting the download to appear, check this tool made by Microsoft that allows you to force your computer to start downloading Windows 10 and to finally upgrade:

[Only registered and activated users can see links] Tool

Do you have Windows 10 yet? Do you like it?

So here's a puzzler for you. And maybe this can be solved by simply rebooting my computer, but I have so much stuff open ongoing on a daily basis it's hard to kill everything for something that might not work...

My Win10 upgrade says it is ready and downloaded. I click the pop up that says let's prepare and schedule your upgrade. It spins... and then it goes away. If I click on the icon in my taskbar, it begins the same cycle with no results again.

I feel this issue arose when I had gotten it working and scheduled the first time, but had to reschedule it.

Anyway, I dunno. I'm eager to give it a shot. I have Win7, though, so it is no urgent thing. (If I had 8 I would be chomping at the proverbial bit.)

Zachafer
08-11-2015, 01:18 AM
So here's a puzzler for you. And maybe this can be solved by simply rebooting my computer, but I have so much stuff open ongoing on a daily basis it's hard to kill everything for something that might not work...

My Win10 upgrade says it is ready and downloaded. I click the pop up that says let's prepare and schedule your upgrade. It spins... and then it goes away. If I click on the icon in my taskbar, it begins the same cycle with no results again.

I feel this issue arose when I had gotten it working and scheduled the first time, but had to reschedule it.

Anyway, I dunno. I'm eager to give it a shot. I have Win7, though, so it is no urgent thing. (If I had 8 I would be chomping at the proverbial bit.)
Windows Update to everything first and reboot? Maybe boot in safe mode with networking?

j03
08-11-2015, 06:10 AM

Check the first post. I posted this topic for anyone having trouble (like you) in actually getting the download to work via Windows Update. This is an installer from Microsoft that starts the Windows 10 upgrade process immediately. ;)

Skarner
08-11-2015, 06:39 AM
Recently got windows 10 on my 7 year old desktop. Pretty happy with it so far, it has fixed a lot of random little issues I've had. My desktop also boots up in under 2 minutes now, used to take up to 5 lol

PrettySarcastic
08-11-2015, 08:28 AM
Hmm I misread the initial post. I will give that a shot. Sorry!