PDA

View Full Version : Working out sucks

learningtoneopet1
06-22-2015, 12:31 AM
Been working out for the paste two weeks to try and put on some muscle (to impress the ladies). Just kidding, I just started doing it to get more in shape since I used to play tennis, but haven't done so in a few years and I'm just looking to get more in shape because as some of you may know, my dad had a heart attack a while back and was diagnosed with type II diabetes due to unhealthy eating habits (he is doing fine now). In addition, one of my grandpas had a stroke + heart attack at a young age and both of my grandpas passed away from cancer. Basically, I need to stay in shape while I can since Im already at risk for millions of different things. Anyways, just wanted to rage cause it is annoying having to find time to do all this stuff. Running in particular is terrible, Ive always been more of a sprinter but am forcing myself to do some long distance too, but it is just so rough because in tennis, I trained myself for short spurts of fast running but was not able to do anything over half a mile. Right now I am running long distance (if you can call it that) three times a week and going 2 miles at a time, but that is with switching between 1 min jogging and 55 seconds fast walking.

Guy
06-22-2015, 02:18 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

^ you should check that out dude
& also start weight-lifting if you aren't already

Cub
06-22-2015, 01:57 PM
yooo so basically like i used to hate going to the gym and working out, and then i started finding stuff I loved and now I literally plan my life around going to the gym.
You dont need to do long distance running to get in shape if you hate it, do some hiit its honestly better for your cardiovascular health anyways.
but find something you enjoy that makes you want to keep going back.
If you aren't weighlifting thats where I found my passion tbh, and maybe it will be the same 4 u.

j03
06-22-2015, 08:48 PM
Two weeks? You need at least 2 years of steady physical fitness to see the results you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeus
06-22-2015, 08:55 PM
Two weeks? You need at least 2 years of steady physical fitness to see the results you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This literally just killed any hope I had of getting buff. :(

Roslyn
06-22-2015, 09:10 PM
Try 30/60s or 60/120s. (alternating sprinting and walking). I find it more effective than jogging and walking. Helps me improve that run time for the military.

juxtapose
07-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Gym is love. Gym is life.

thfrozenkite
07-13-2015, 05:34 PM
Just keep up with it. Soon working out will feel good (in a it-hurts-so-good sorta way). You get used to it.

dividend
07-13-2015, 05:40 PM
Just keep up with it. Soon working out will feel good (in a it-hurts-so-good sorta way). You get used to it.

I agree. (: It's definitely addicting and a total confidence booster. Don't give up, you'll get there!