PDA

View Full Version : I need a cheap smartphone that works on 4G LTE and decent/amazing battery life

Shizuku
06-08-2015, 09:23 AM
Like, does anybody know how to research these things? I'm terrible, so far I've seen the Huawei and Samsung Galaxy.
I have the Galaxy S5 and I'm 100% not satisfied. I might end up selling it. I need something durable.

The damn thing. I have a UAG (military grade) case for it and the damn thing fell on the hardwood and now I have the "reset battery" issue, where the screen has trouble booting without you opening the case and taking the battery out and replacing it again. Pain in the ass.

So if anybody knows of something with great battery life/runs on 4G LTE -lemme know. I'm done with this phone.

j03
06-08-2015, 11:05 AM
iPhone 6, got it and it's great. Battery lasts me two days.

I went from iPhone to android (s4 and then nexus 5) but the quality was never as good as iPhone so I got the 6 and I'm happy to be back. I just want a good phone that'll last me years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shizuku
06-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Two days?! Do you use your phone actively or passively? That sounds like crazy battery life for a iPhone. Or any smartphone. o__o

z3r0
06-08-2015, 10:53 PM
Wow, that's crazy. I have the S5 as well. I've dropped it on to concrete multiple times from 3+ feet up, taken it in the shower, had it outside in the rain. I work in a machine shop so it gets aluminum dust all over it. They only issue I have with it is the little cover for my charge port doesn't fit as tightly as it should. And normal use, my battery lasts 2-3 days. Texting, occasional websurfing, BT streaming to my car for music. As long as I don't leave the GPS on it's great.

I do wish the camera software was a little better though.

Naomi
06-08-2015, 11:01 PM
iPhone isn't a good choice though if you need something durable~

I had the google nexus 5 and accidentally pressed it against a boulder while I was hiking... not even that much pressure but it shattered. LOL. rip google nexus 5. it also had terrible battery life even though I did love the phone, so yeah, pass on that.

I got a refurbished samsung galaxy 5, hated it and had tons of issues with it, so returned it after 5 days and got the new LG G4 that just came out recently. I am LOVING it so far. Decent battery life (not as good as an iphone), but will get you through the day for sure, unless you're on it 24/7, and it has a FANTASTIC camera, runs on 4g lite, etc. It's pretty big, so if you have tiny hands, it might not be the best option for you, but it seems much more durable than the iphone, and it's also more affordable at $600 off contract.

If you need cheaper than that, I'd go with a nokia...

Adhesive
06-09-2015, 01:58 AM
iPhone isn't a good choice though if you need something durable~

If you need cheaper than that, I'd go with a nokia...

You really can't beat the prices of a Nokia.

Nokia 530- $46 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Nokia 630- $93 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Great phones for cheap prices.
Simple,elegant and does the job for the price you pay for.
Nokias are also built like a brick, so they can be used for a weapon.

Accelerator
06-09-2015, 02:36 AM
You really can't beat the prices of a Nokia.

Nokia 530- $46 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Nokia 630- $93 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Great phones for cheap prices.
Simple,elegant and does the job for the price you pay for.
Nokias are also built like a brick, so they can be used for a weapon.

Nah, the old old nokia's did those lumias, idk... (my uncle owns one but idk what he does with it to test their durability)
this ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) might help you? Less resolution (less pixels) = more battery (also depends on usage), search for something with higher mAh (>2800) or with lower specs, e.g. processor and GPU unless you really need a power-phone XD. OS ver. also matters.

Teal
06-09-2015, 09:02 PM
iPhone 6, got it and it's great. Battery lasts me two days.

I went from iPhone to android (s4 and then nexus 5) but the quality was never as good as iPhone so I got the 6 and I'm happy to be back. I just want a good phone that'll last me years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you like not use your phone? LOLL..
I have an iPhone 6 Plus and it can last maybe 8 hours on a full charge.

Accelerator
06-09-2015, 09:03 PM
^#bendgate :biggrin: (?)

Doge
06-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Like, does anybody know how to research these things? I'm terrible, so far I've seen the Huawei and Samsung Galaxy.
I have the Galaxy S5 and I'm 100% not satisfied. I might end up selling it. I need something durable.

The damn thing. I have a UAG (military grade) case for it and the damn thing fell on the hardwood and now I have the "reset battery" issue, where the screen has trouble booting without you opening the case and taking the battery out and replacing it again. Pain in the ass.

So if anybody knows of something with great battery life/runs on 4G LTE -lemme know. I'm done with this phone.

^ Why not try Sony Xperia Z and such?

I saw a leakage for Sony Xperia Z5 that have awesome specs O.O

I think it was

128gb Rom
4gb Ram
30 Megapixels Cam
4000-5000mah Battery I think

On budget phones there are newly released like:

Lenovo A7000
Specs:

Performance (higher benchmark scores)
Audio (Dolby Atmos)
Software (Android 5.0 Lollipop)

and

Alcatel One Touch Flash Plus.
Specs:

Build quality (Dragontrail glass, 4G dual-standby)
Camera (13 MP rear 8 MP front)
Battery (3500 mAh)
Internal Storage (16 GB ROM)

^ Both are 4G/LTE as well. I know the onetouch is cheaper than lenovo a7000.

You can search the net fort he complete specs.

I_royalty_I
06-09-2015, 10:40 PM
Realistically, if you are dropping your phone or smashing it into things, it's going to break. They are getting smaller and smaller so they will get weaker and weaker until some revolutionary new material is developed that will increase their durability.
I have the iphone 6 and I put a life proof case on it. I'm always dropping my phone so my old one had a lot of dents and dings it in. But when I drop my phone now, it's nbd, the case absorbs it all. it was like 80 something bucks, but it was worth it. I treat my phone like very precious cargo (usually lol) so it holds up pretty well. I'd have to suggest an iphone 6 just because I have loved mine so far. The battery does last forever, unless youre doing some network heavy type of shit. On wifi it lasts quite awhile unless the brightness is turned wayyyy up. Overall its great.

Shizuku
06-10-2015, 04:07 AM
I dropped it one time lol :P My case is military grade, so it shouldn't of had a problem. The Galaxy is just a piece of flimsy garbage. I've had other phones survive toilet drops, pavement drops, one fell out of my car while I had the window down (dumb idea when taking sharp turns) I've since become more careful with my cells but damn. ONE DROP with a case and problem? I expected better from Samsung. But I'm not going to be brand loyal anymore (I loved my S3 until it was thrown against the wall by my sweet nephew). That thing could take a beating, it was the one that fell out of the car.

Lifeproof is probably what I'll go with next, because UAG only does android devices I think.

As for the iPhone 6, it's a wee bit out of my price range unless under contract :( which I'm trying to avoid. And aren't you both paranoid about the Apple agreement to let them record everything said to Siri? I get that it's just being stored somewhere but that shit is creepy.

Thank you Garumi for the list o___o You really know your stuff, I'm going to go through and look at each and see what's best for my situation.

Doge
06-10-2015, 07:29 AM
Yeah I was waiting for a budget smartphone that have nice specs :3
Then the Alcatel Onetouch Flash Plus and the Lenovo A7000 got released

I just bought the lenovo A7000 cause its more branded than the alcatel I think.
Plus I like listening to music as well and the a7000 have Dolby atmos :3

The Sony Xperia Z5 looks really nice though. It have monster specs. I wonder how much they would sell it.

Most phones are battling each other on RAMs and Batteries and 4G etc.

Charlie
06-10-2015, 07:43 AM
jeckles
I'm also looking for a new phone :o So this may sound crazy, but I've had my iphone 4 for over four years now. It does not have a protective case on it, and I've dropped it 27 times (yes, I've been counting!) while walking and running, and I even jumped into a pool with it once. It's still functioning, and no scratches :P I honestly think I got the one iphone that won't break. The only bad thing is that I have never upgraded my phone, so I can't add anymore apps to it. However, this has been wonderful because now I no longer waste time on my phone playing games; I only browse the internet on it occasionally or look things up. However, it's 3G (with unlimited data), so I'm in no rush to pay more for 4G and have limited data. Looking for a new phone has been difficult because I want something that'll be as great as my iphone is!

Doge
06-10-2015, 07:57 AM
jeckles
I'm also looking for a new phone :o So this may sound crazy, but I've had my iphone 4 for over four years now. It does not have a protective case on it, and I've dropped it 27 times (yes, I've been counting!) while walking and running, and I even jumped into a pool with it once. It's still functioning, and no scratches :P I honestly think I got the one iphone that won't break. The only bad thing is that I have never upgraded my phone, so I can't add anymore apps to it. However, this has been wonderful because now I no longer waste time on my phone playing games; I only browse the internet on it occasionally or look things up. However, it's 3G (with unlimited data), so I'm in no rush to pay more for 4G and have limited data. Looking for a new phone has been difficult because I want something that'll be as great as my iphone is!

^ Why not try going android? :O

Shizuku
06-10-2015, 02:04 PM
Unfortunately neither of those phones are sold in my county Garumi. After some searching, I found the ZTE Lever LTE which matches the Lenovo on all but the processor and Talk/standby time. It even has a bigger screen! At $200 with a no contract $40/monthly payment I'm excited hahah. Gotta sell my Galaxy5 first, though.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

A[Only registered and activated users can see links] you guys. I'm an Apple hater. Don't convert me! :o_o:

Aska
06-10-2015, 10:34 PM
Don't get a ZTE phone. They are garbage. I had one as my first phone and the battery life is pure shit. Doesn't run well at all.

This is what I use. I get through the day with a charge. Dropped it a few times with no issues.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

raithi
06-10-2015, 10:39 PM
I always liked samsung phone products, I have an international one that has both gsm and cdma capabilities on many different networks. Theres always custom firmware out there for them and a huge modding community. Hell, I even installed a linux distro on an s4 side by side with android.

Shizuku
06-11-2015, 04:16 AM
Don't get a ZTE phone. They are garbage. I had one as my first phone and the battery life is pure shit. Doesn't run well at all.

This is what I use. I get through the day with a charge. Dropped it a few times with no issues.

I wonder if they haven't improved, this phone supposedly was just released not too long ago? I'll check that one out, thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

I always liked samsung phone products, I have an international one that has both gsm and cdma capabilities on many different networks. Theres always custom firmware out there for them and a huge modding community. Hell, I even installed a linux distro on an s4 side by side with android.

I'm not really tech savvy enough to make use of that. I need the safe mode version, one pre installed with everything I can't screw up :P But I have to admit, what little I know.. being able to run linux on a cell phone sounds pretty freakin' impressive.

superdrag0n
06-12-2015, 12:50 PM
Do you like not use your phone? LOLL..
I have an iPhone 6 Plus and it can last maybe 8 hours on a full charge.

The iPhone 6 plus has much less battery life due to it's massive screen size. Battery life also depends on if you have a battery saver and the brightness you use your phone on. Try getting an app to close background processes, like this:
:)

Shizuku
06-12-2015, 02:21 PM
Nah, the old old nokia's did those lumias, idk... (my uncle owns one but idk what he does with it to test their durability)
this ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) might help you? Less resolution (less pixels) = more battery (also depends on usage), search for something with higher mAh (>2800) or with lower specs, e.g. processor and GPU unless you really need a power-phone XD. OS ver. also matters.

I don't know how I missed your post, but thank you for posting that website! I found the perfect phone AND it was in my price range (Asus Zenfone 2)

Accelerator
06-12-2015, 11:52 PM
I don't know how I missed your post, but thank you for posting that website! I found the perfect phone AND it was in my price range (Asus Zenfone 2)

Don't worry & congrats! :D