PDA

View Full Version : What is your workout routine?

Teal
06-03-2015, 09:40 PM
I'm trying to get back into shape, where I used to be.
I've gained nearly 10 pounds since last year.

So cK, what's your workout routine? How do you stay in shape?

I_royalty_I
06-03-2015, 09:59 PM
I just started a new workout routine this week. It's pretty much kicking my ass lol, but in a good way. It's lots of weight training, an ab workout each day. Then some cardio before and after.

|2eap
06-03-2015, 09:59 PM
sex :rolleyes:

I_royalty_I
06-03-2015, 10:24 PM

Mon damn, is that that new 2 minute workout you were telling me about? :o

|2eap
06-03-2015, 10:28 PM

it does wonders for the ab's though, 2 minutes is all u need!

Lyric
06-03-2015, 10:33 PM

He gets it done in 30secs.
That fine ass Cougar.
He ain't lasting that long.

Targaryen
06-03-2015, 10:42 PM

Oh my.. ;)

Teal
06-03-2015, 10:54 PM

~___~ I wish I got that workout.

|2eap
06-03-2015, 11:39 PM
~___~ I wish I got that workout.

#nymph

Cub
06-04-2015, 02:30 AM
5/6 days of weight lifting with usually a 3ish way split (legs/glutes, arms, shoulder/back) with powerlifts bc powerlifting is fun.
and 2/3 cardio sessionssssss

specifically:

Monday: Deadlifts + shoulder/back
Tuesday: Legs
Wednesday: Bench + trying to isolate the arms as much as possible
Thursday: Legs with a focus on glutes
Friday: Squat dayy with a fun variety + Ab shit
Sat: off day bc yas - might start doing yoga though idk
Sunday: Hiit and week points from da week.

and then I integrate like cardio once or twice during the week. Usually its hiit, but if not I just do steady state on the erg or elliptical.
I actually hate cardio though, so i try to make it as painless as possible.

Im like super focused on developing my legs more than my upper body, but whatever u feel is best is what i think u should do.

Naomi
06-08-2015, 09:16 PM
hike up some mountains with me Cougar!!!

Teal
06-09-2015, 03:40 AM
hike up some mountains with me Cougar!!!

Fuck ye, Grand Canyon here we come!

oscar75
06-11-2015, 06:07 AM
i sit on my butt and watch netflix

this is why im fat

B)

Teal
07-01-2015, 06:31 PM
i sit on my butt and watch netflix

this is why im fat

B)

Netflix and marijuana ain't helping these thighs.

marlin67
07-01-2015, 06:36 PM
im only 25 and i have a dad body.

Teal
07-01-2015, 06:41 PM
im only 25 and i have a dad body.

Well.. I heard lots of ladies are into that! :P

marlin67
07-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Well.. I heard lots of ladies are into that! :P

meow sorry about that that was my cat.

Misha
07-02-2015, 01:12 PM
My work out routine consists of beer and junk food while playing Fallout 3.

supa
07-02-2015, 01:20 PM
I bike probably 12 - 15 miles a day and do some push ups and sit ups. Other than that, no gym time.

I one of those crazy people who enjoys cooking though so I maintain a pretty healthy diet.

Misha
07-02-2015, 01:22 PM
I bike probably 12 - 15 miles a day and do some push ups and sit ups. Other than that, no gym time.

I one of those crazy people who enjoys cooking though so I maintain a pretty healthy diet.

I walk an average of 20 miles a day at work but I love food so I'm not as lean as I could be. Plus I smoke so that doesn't help with my lack of blood flow and muscle memory.

supa
07-02-2015, 01:26 PM
I walk an average of 20 miles a day at work but I love food so I'm not as lean as I could be. Plus I smoke so that doesn't help with my lack of blood flow and muscle memory.

That's a lot of walking, do you measure golf courses haha?

I quit smoking only a few months ago, huge huge difference in my body.

Not worth it though haha, I miss it.

dividend
07-02-2015, 02:53 PM
I find that what you put into your body is just as, if not more important than exercise. I lost 10 pounds without meaning to when I went on a trip to another country because we drank green and oolong tea frequently. The fact that there was no sugar in any of the food was a huge deal as well. Neila Rey has some great work outs though if you want to build muscle! (:

juxtapose
07-08-2015, 07:48 PM
I'm trying to get back into shape, where I used to be.
I've gained nearly 10 pounds since last year.

So cK, what's your workout routine? How do you stay in shape?

Depends, what do you consider in shape?

My own personal routine has changed throughout my last couple of months. I used to do: ABCDxEx <-- 1 full week (Monday-Sunday) *Abs can be done whenever

A - Chest/Biceps
B - Legs
C - Back/Traps
D - Shoulders/Triceps
E - Full Body
x - Rest Days

Now I do the Arnold Schwarzenegger routine which is: ABCABCx <-- 1 full week (Monday-Sunday) *Abs can be done whenever

A - Chest/Back
B - Shoulders/Biceps/Triceps
C - Legs/Traps
x - Rest days

As someone who is trying to gain mass I avoid cardiovascular activity like the plague, but instead maintain a healthy calorie intake with several supplements for fat burning. Some of my personal examples are green tea extract and black coffee (sugar/sweetener can be added).

For my female friends who are embracing the fitness lifestyle and trying to lose weight I suggest drinking 1 cup of coffee a day and cardiovascular activity. Cardiovascular activity can vary for the individual, but my own personal suggestions are jogging, walking, or even playing a sport on the regular. However, you need to incorporate some light weight lifting into your routine to not lose so much muscle while doing your cardio.

Teal
07-08-2015, 08:24 PM
juxtapose I want to get toned and be lean, you know this. Of course, that's hard when I eat shit and sit on my ass all day.

07-08-2015, 10:07 PM
M: Back/Shoulders/Traps/Bi - Abs + Cardio
T: Legs/Delts - Cardio
W: Chest/Bi/Tri - Abs + Cardio
so on... bi's every other day.. traps = back day
tri on chest.. simple

lunarlet
07-10-2015, 07:03 AM
Don't really have a schedule, but basically fridays-sundays I usually spend 3-5 hr at the gym on the elliptical while watching anime or cartoons on a kindle

Teal
07-10-2015, 12:02 PM
Don't really have a schedule, but basically fridays-sundays I usually spend 3-5 hr at the gym on the elliptical while watching anime or cartoons on a kindle

Watch your fave shows and work out.
I should do something like that, might make it more enjoyable.

Naked Gamer
07-10-2015, 12:47 PM
2days chest then 2days legs with 1day off when I'll normally just sit in a steam room to recover with loads of water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thfrozenkite
07-13-2015, 05:05 PM
I'm currently strength training because I want to do competitive martial arts soon - I'm going to take kendo.

This routine is not for the western looking workout body though - you'll end up lean and mean. Plus, I have a lot of qualms about some things that are encouraged in the west. For example, a V shaped body is considered attractive - I'm trying to get rid of it because that shape of body ruins the strength of organ toning (and therefore compression) every time you breathe - the internal compression is weaker. Also, a flared chest in the standard miltary posture is bad. Its better to let the shoulders relax and round inwards.

Also, lifting weights does make you strong, but there is a major problem with some of these. Some vectors of force trained are rarely used in actual life, which is why I prefer gymnastics - I want to get more bang for my buck. Anyways, I'm going to stop talking about this now. I have a lot of problems with the Western stuff lol. ;)

First, some stretching for 20 min before (more than 20 can be really bad and not pretty).

I don't use weights - just gymnastic style exercises to train the body that build up to their one-limbed variations. Meditation to train the mind and let the body rest, and then some martial arts to further train the mind and body.

It's bad idea to rain strength and endurance at the same time - you would slow down your progress (You can really only develop one type of muscle fiber at a time). Much better to build up a massive amount of strength (1 handed gymnastic style pushups/handstand pushups for example - these are the pinnacle of body-weight strength) than building up your endurance later.

And maybe some wind sprinting - martial arts teaches you how to better utilize your body to move - so you can really reach impressive speeds; dancing is an alternative to martial arts.

Hashbrown
08-31-2015, 11:39 PM
My workout routine consists of both my diet and exercise, as I think both are important to lose weight and stay fit.

I drink a lot of water, and I have 7 meals a day, each one small but leaves me satiated.
Each meal has protein, very rarely carbs, and a lot of nutrition. I eat vitamin pills as well.
I also have one cup of plain coffee in the morning.
People think I'm starving, but in actuality I'm very satiated after each meal and simply not bloated. And after conforming to this routine for three days, my body adapts to it.

And I dance for 1 hour in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon.
Sometimes I swim for 2 hours a day instead of dancing, depends on how I feel.

My first try, I lost 10 pounds in 1&1/2 week.

Player Focus ST
09-17-2015, 03:37 PM
I don't really have a routine, I just hit a different muscle group every time I train. At the end or start of each session I'll do an hour on the bags. And do military circuit training once a week.
I don't really count reps or sets I just push and push.

For some one looking to get in a defined and fit state, I'd highly recommend circuit training. I used it all through my MMA training years ago and it kept me going.

Raichuu
09-25-2015, 08:23 AM
My routine seems to change depending on the time of year. I'm a multiple student athlete though so the time of year dictates what I'm training for. Right now what I'm doing is:

Monday: Morning ice session + full body lifting + abs
Tuesday: Morning ice session + Mini-triathalon
Wednesday: Morning ice session + Full body lifting + abs
Thursday: Morning ice session + 5 mile run or rest
Friday: Full body lifting + abs
Saturday: Rest or 5 mile run
Sunday: Rest or 5 mile run

I run either Saturday or Sunday, and take the other one off. Just depends on my schedule that week. c:

Banannie
09-27-2015, 02:41 AM
I'm currently on the Ben and Jerrys ice cream workout routine. Working on my cores.

amorderp
09-28-2015, 05:23 PM
I just do a P90X + Insanity Hybrid. Once I'm done that, I switch to P90X 3 and keep on cycling with a month off between each cycle.