PDA

View Full Version : Women body builders?

Cabbage
05-25-2015, 08:06 AM
So since December I've been hitting the gym and trying to tone and look great for summer. Recently though I've started to see body builder girls on the app pump up, theyre not huge or manly, just bigger... in between I guess? Lol I was thinking starting to bulk up, but I'm scared of looking manly. [emoji27] [emoji23]

Any thoughts?

Guy
05-25-2015, 08:19 AM
I personally don't like visible/defined muscles on girls haha it turns me off..looks too manly for me I guess?

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

^ I like that body wayy more than something like this:

just my personal preference though I'm sure there are other people who like that look :p

Roslyn
05-25-2015, 08:34 AM
It is a common misconception that a woman who lifts weight will "bulk up" and "look manly." It would take a substantial amount of caloric intake for this to happen.

Cardio has always helped me lose weight, but lifting weights makes me look better naked. Lean mass is sexy.
If you're looking in to lifting, check out something like Stronglifts. I like its simpicity and can still run during the week.

Guy
05-25-2015, 08:38 AM
It is a common misconception that a woman who lifts weight will "bulk up" and "look manly." It would take a substantial amount of caloric intake for this to happen.

ya but OP already lifts and is contemplating bulking up

Mindfang
05-25-2015, 08:44 AM
you can look manly and still look pretty man the two arent mutually exclusive...

Guy
05-25-2015, 08:52 AM
you can look manly and still look pretty man the two arent mutually exclusive...

just my personal preference though I'm sure there are other people who like that look :p

:apthy:

Mindfang
05-25-2015, 09:01 AM
i wasnt talking to you specifically but sure.

Guy
05-25-2015, 09:16 AM
i wasnt talking to you specifically but sure.

Oh haha I said something about it being too manly in my post so I just assumed

Mindfang
05-25-2015, 09:34 AM
oh no its fine i understand

i just meant in general there seems to be this idea that masculine women cant be pretty in some way, or that certain qualities define them as masculine to begin with. its sort of ridiculous and
if you ask me, a little transmisogynistic. not that im calling everyone who just doesnt have a preference for "masculine" women transmisogynistic, but theres a lot of ingrained transmisogyny in our soci�t� that its hard not to adopt some form of transmisogyny even if you dont realise youre doing it. i guess all it takes is questioning why you dont find "masculine" women attractive before you realise you might be A Victim of ingrained transmisogyny just like everyone else and youll realise that once you let go of all of that you find it a lot more freeing. though sometimes it is just a preference and thats fine, but its good to ask yourself why its a preference.

didnt mean to hijack the thread tho so thats why thats under a spoiler HA HA
still though i do think you can bulk up as much as you want and still be as pretty as you like. aint nothin saying swole chicks cant dress nice and wear makeup. plus if anyone says anything you can literally just get them in a headlock.

as long as youre at a level of fit that you find attractive and makes you love yourself then its honestly ? nobodys business how "manly" you look. theres plenty swole women who are also beautiful as fuck.

plus youll find most men also just dont like swole women because they threaten their fragile masculinity, so if its men youre worried about (for whatever reason, as if mens opinions matter when it comes to womens bodies JUST A THOUGHT) then you dont wanna be picking up fuckboys who are threatened by you anyway.

Cabbage
05-25-2015, 12:19 PM
I lift weights to tone my arms and what not. I'm just thinking about getting more into visible muscles, without the manly aspect as I see a lot of women begin so stop looking feminine.

Teal
05-26-2015, 01:42 PM
I lift weights to tone my arms and what not. I'm just thinking about getting more into visible muscles, without the manly aspect as I see a lot of women begin so stop looking feminine.

What size weights do you use?

I want to tone up and get defined as well, but I'm afraid of looking manly. I know many guys who say they find it unattractive. I usually use small weights and it still makes somewhat of a difference.

Cabbage
05-26-2015, 01:43 PM
What size weights do you use?

I want to tone up and get defined as well, but I'm afraid of looking manly. I know many guys who say they find it unattractive. I usually use small weights and it still makes somewhat of a difference.
Well I used to do competitive cheer leading as a main base (holding more weight and literally lifting and throwing people over my head) so my weights are gonna be more. Just lift what you can, anything will do work.

Teal
05-26-2015, 01:56 PM
Well I used to do competitive cheer leading as a main base (holding more weight and literally lifting and throwing people over my head) so my weights are gonna be more. Just lift what you can, anything will do work.

Thanks for the advice. I honestly try not to go heavier than 5 pound weights (hand weights).
If I'm doing machines, I'll go a bit heavier.

Cabbage
05-26-2015, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the advice. I honestly try not to go heavier than 5 pound weights (hand weights).
If I'm doing machines, I'll go a bit heavier.
Do enough to make a difference, probably around 10-20 lbs would not make you masculine, but would give you a much better work out.

Lavendrae
05-26-2015, 06:43 PM
I love girls that look like they could beat me up.

That aside, it's extremely hard to become too bulky as a woman. In order to do that, you'd have to be training really hard and taking in excess for months, at least.
If you're fit and have larger muscles already but want to make your muscles more visible, I think the best bet would be to lose fat, no? You could have lots of muscles but if you have equally as much fat, they won't show.

Anyway, that's my thought? Let me know if I got anything wrong. It's been a while since I've been into fitness.

Cub
05-30-2015, 12:47 AM
bulking is extremely challenging for women, and it involves high amounts of testosterone and supplements that the average person does not take/use.
Watch

she explains it in further detail.

tbh its one of my biggest pet peeve is that people don't wanna use weights because they are scared they are gonna bulk up, like the amount of dedication it takes to become "bulky" is not something anybody considering bodybuilding as a LIFESTYLE usually worries about.
If you are lifting as just an exercise regime, then you will pretty much have nothing to worry about.

Banararama
06-11-2015, 01:54 PM
I personally think its hotter to be well toned than like totally jacked if you're a girl C: its def nice to have some definition but tbh I think it looks nicer when its more subtle