PDA

View Full Version : Doing a 21 day workout challenge...

Jessica
04-17-2015, 09:34 PM
Decided to start working out. I need to be healthier. Obviously I'm not technically over weight but I'm out of shape, and I just feel poorly about myself.

This is day 5... I have a workout video, Zumba, and a small workout "plan". Also 1lb weights cause GOTDAMN I'm out of shape and I can barely complete the workouts without weights! I choose one each night.

Anyone else doing a fitness challenge currently?

I know the squat challenge is on the rise [emoji39]

04-17-2015, 10:08 PM
I've always wanted to do the 100 squat a day thing but i was always exahusted after the gym. Hope it works out well for you. :)

Octopus
04-17-2015, 11:49 PM
I got a gym membership and I'm challenging myself for at least 6, 1hr or more sessions a week.

zxzero
04-17-2015, 11:52 PM
I just signed up for a gym the other day, going to start working out and doing cardio.

I_royalty_I
04-18-2015, 12:00 AM
I'm not really doing any particular kind of challenge other than challenging my PRs. I used to run just about every day a few years ago but I'd gotten busy and didn't have anybody to run with. I started running as close to everyday as I could at the start of this year. I've been running with my bro and sis, a few friends when they want to come out too. It's been pretty great so far. I missed the burn after a good run and working towards getting faster each time. It's pretty great. Make sure you keep it up everyday. It's far too easy to make an excuse. Oh it's raining, too hot, too cold, don't feel like it. I would know lol

xpecial
04-18-2015, 01:10 AM
Doing the the Bulgarian Method for powerlifting.
Squats 3-5 times a week
Bench 3 times a week
Deadlift once a week depending on how my CNS feels
Working set is around 90-95% my PR after warmups and mobility work.

04-18-2015, 12:16 PM
just when u go .. don't buy personal training from unreliable gyms. IF you do lol. or anyone does. I see personal trainers at my gym teaching wrong form and stupid things it' pisses me off.

Jessica
04-20-2015, 09:06 AM
I don't think a personal trainer would help me. I have to basically push myself & then quit because of the pain my muscles begin to feel. I physically can't just say "keep going" or I'll end up in the hospital. D;

But I'm working on it & eating healthier :) so hopefully I'll feel better & not worse. I've decided Saturday & Sunday will be off days no matter what, I'm still extremely sore from Monday-Friday workouts. It sucks :( but tonight I'm working out anyway.

I_royalty_I
04-20-2015, 09:40 AM
just when u go .. don't buy personal training from unreliable gyms. IF you do lol. or anyone does. I see personal trainers at my gym teaching wrong form and stupid things it' pisses me off.

It really depends on what they are teaching. The reason for a personal trainer is so they can help you with personalized workouts that will benefit your specific needs. I know the personal trainers at the gym near me are all pretty excellent. I've never felt the need to get one, but I know a few of them and they are all on point with their stuff.

There's even a step above that, called a master trainer. Some of the stuff they know blows my mind. I never knew it was so complicated.
But if the trainer doesn't have the proper training, theres definitely no point in continuing with them. :P

Dot
04-20-2015, 10:33 AM
I really want to get my fitness level to where it was before I was bed bound for like... 3 weeks. I can't even go on a 5 minute jog, I just want to lie in a ditch and go into the light.

Also, good nutrition is key. Your body will need all the good stuff it can get, no point in eating crap food

04-20-2015, 11:37 AM
It really depends on what they are teaching. The reason for a personal trainer is so they can help you with personalized workouts that will benefit your specific needs. I know the personal trainers at the gym near me are all pretty excellent. I've never felt the need to get one, but I know a few of them and they are all on point with their stuff.

There's even a step above that, called a master trainer. Some of the stuff they know blows my mind. I never knew it was so complicated.
But if the trainer doesn't have the proper training, theres definitely no point in continuing with them. :Pdo you go to like a small gym or like what's the name? The trainers here at my gym all suck. I don't need it, but from the way they teach I could go straight to theiir job. I never really see any trainer teach anything that I don't know how to do, and when they teach it they let them have bad form of look like they don't give a shit. And as well the master trainer here lol suck to! Saw them let a dude bench with horrible form.. Don't make someone do a weight they cannot do. I hate seeing horrible trainers lmao

Jessica
04-20-2015, 12:07 PM
I really want to get my fitness level to where it was before I was bed bound for like... 3 weeks. I can't even go on a 5 minute jog, I just want to lie in a ditch and go into the light.

Also, good nutrition is key. Your body will need all the good stuff it can get, no point in eating crap food

Yeah I've definitely been eating better food and drinking a lot more water. I get horrible migraines without any caffeine so I've cut back a TON on pop etc but I still drink a bit every day. But nowhere near what I was. I feel a lot better. Also using fruit as snacks instead of chips or cookies or etc is laying around helps a lot. My 4 year old is a fruit addict so it's easy to chop out junk and add fruit and veggies. Baby carrots with a bit of ranch for dipping is easily chosen over junk by some miracle [emoji13] my child also ordered a side salad instead of fries at Arby's. The staff was in shock LOL.

I have an autoimmune disorder so my muscles try to kill me for DAYS after a workout so I'm doing 5 days a week during this challenge with 2 rest days (the weekend) so I don't become cripple. It's the best way for me. There's no way I could do every single day. It's not possible in the slightest for me. But back on my workout grind today [emoji39]