PDA

View Full Version : Computer help needed +rep

John
02-14-2012, 09:28 AM
i am on google chrome on a mac.
every site is working okay, but whenever i go to neo, any page on the site, the page says its loading for a few seconds and then the kill page option pops up. not one page on neo will load fully to let me use it.

how can i fix this?

IndigoSunset
02-14-2012, 09:43 AM
I'd like to know this too, I use Chrome on a PC but also have this issue, only on Neo too.

ShadowCreature
02-14-2012, 09:44 AM
These things i have noticed about neopets

Google Chrome hate to load it
Opera will on give u the high end of the shop wiz

i use firefox since neopets hates my other browsers

John
02-14-2012, 09:55 AM
how is opera? im a really big fan of chrome and it would take a lot for me to switch back to anything else

indy
02-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Well I use Google Chrome and I haven't encountered this problem yet, which makes me wonder if it's possibly a setting. Apparently kill page is a fairly new security feature that has bugs. In trying to find a solution, the only thing people suggested was getting rid of chrome and switching to another browser because the newest version of chrome isn't as stable as the others. One tech suggested to clean the cache and uninstall, reboot, reinstall.

John
02-14-2012, 10:02 AM
i just tried to reinstall and it works, but very very badly

indy
02-14-2012, 10:06 AM
hmm...

found someone on linux questions who had a similar problem and said it was an addon that triggered the security function. the page is hard to interpret, but another person suggested the place where chrome is installed makes a difference as well.

John
02-14-2012, 10:09 AM
that stuff is way beyond the capacity of my computer knowledge. is it saying that something like proxies could have messed with it?

zxzero
02-14-2012, 10:14 AM
I would use firefox also. If you think that it is slow you can always speed it up by following this guide.

Type (into your URL box) About:Config

Right click anywhere in the list of things and select New> Integer In the first box type nglayout.initialpaint.delay , it will ask you to enter an integer for this type 0.

Now type in pipe in the filter box and right click on network.[Only registered and activated users can see links] and toggle it to true, click on network.[Only registered and activated users can see links] and toggle it to true. Now right click on network.[Only registered and activated users can see links] and change it to 40.

Restart firefox and see the huge difference :D

indy
02-14-2012, 10:15 AM
I haven't found anything like that yet, but I know I've experienced issues after using proxies in chrome. But if it's still not working properly after completely removing it and reinstalling it, I'm not sure that's the problem. Do you have any addons in chrome, maybe specifically for neopets?

Khelddar
02-14-2012, 10:15 AM
john can u take a screenshot.

John
02-14-2012, 10:56 AM
if it starts up again i will