PDA

View Full Version : So do you guys think JS fired old TNT staff?

Rosa
03-08-2015, 08:55 AM
Been hearing too many stories and some people have said that it's going to be the end of the site soon.

Some people started panicking after reading this:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

and think it has something to do with Snarkie's tweet: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

While some said it's not really a reliable source as it's only blog.

But some said this is what makes it look like its coming to an end: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

EDIT: mod can delete this thread. Didn't realize another related thread is up.

Zeus
03-08-2015, 09:05 AM
I was going to post about this, a lot of the regulars on the fan page on facebook was posting about it asking. I'm also curious about what's happening.

I_royalty_I
03-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Who said that finance report makes it look like Neo is coming to an end though? I was just looking up the info on the company that report is for and it's definitely not NEOPETS.com. As far as I'm aware, neo has no stock on the market. So I don't think that's any indication of anything.
buttttt, that blog post and snarkie's tweet aren't very reassuring lol. Who's close is that? I thought it was snarkie's, but it isn't?

Rosa
03-08-2015, 09:17 AM
Who said that finance report makes it look like Neo is coming to an end though? I was just looking up the info on the company that report is for and it's definitely not NEOPETS.com. As far as I'm aware, neo has no stock on the market. So I don't think that's any indication of anything.
buttttt, that blog post and snarkie's tweet aren't very reassuring lol. Who's close is that? I thought it was snarkie's, but it isn't?

I got them from FB.

Suicune
03-08-2015, 09:17 AM
If neopets comes to an end, it'll be sad but there are other sites out there. Misticpets has the best art work

Bowsette
03-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Yeah Im getting a bit nervous ):

Kawaii
03-08-2015, 10:09 AM
i'm still holding onto my optimism. I'm not surprised if they let some of the staff go, shit hasn't been getting done. If you let a handful of people go to hire one person that can take care of everything.. why not. I don't think JS would take on neopets, release an app, and then shut the site down lmao.. neo wont live forever.. but it's not gonna close right now xD

Cheetah
03-08-2015, 11:20 AM
I would be devastated if the site was closed down tbh. :( Can't they sell it off to someone else? Someone who can actually handle the site unlike JumpStart? It would be great if they could also make it more adult oriented (kind of like Subeta), plus we're the ones spending money on it after all. Enough with the stupid word filters and babying.

Kawaii
03-08-2015, 11:30 AM
I would be devastated if the site was closed down tbh. :( Can't they sell it off to someone else? Someone who can actually handle the site unlike JumpStart? It would be great if they could also make it more adult oriented (kind of like Subeta), plus we're the ones spending money on it after all. Enough with the stupid word filters and babying.

i feel like JS is doing the best they can. They're making some major changes and trying to sort everything out. for all we know neo probably had everything working fine in a weird jankey way. things held together with tape and string so to speak.. and making some changes just kinda made it all fall apart, so they have to rebuild, and they're bringing in new people to do it. at least that's how i'm trying to think about it. xP who knows..

Spoildlittleme
03-08-2015, 11:31 AM
i'm still holding onto my optimism. I'm not surprised if they let some of the staff go, shit hasn't been getting done. If you let a handful of people go to hire one person that can take care of everything.. why not. I don't think JS would take on neopets, release an app, and then shut the site down lmao.. neo wont live forever.. but it's not gonna close right now xD

I agree... Sometimes it might be necessary to fire some people and have 1 person that can do a job 5 people were doing... But it might be another few months of rough patches for Neo :O

Bettser
03-08-2015, 11:34 AM
You can kind of look at this at a different angle though....

They fired their current staff which were clearly not doing their job properly. Its a step in a new direction that is hopefully better for the site.

Bowsette
03-08-2015, 11:45 AM

They fired their current staff which were clearly not doing their job properly. Its a step in a new direction that is hopefully better for the site.

Good point. gotta be optimistic :P

Spoildlittleme
03-08-2015, 12:04 PM

Absolutely true!!!! :o_o: :o_o: And maybe just maybe the new staff will do a better job!!

j03
03-08-2015, 12:08 PM
They better or else!!!

Demon
03-08-2015, 12:09 PM
Welp, I hope they fired Tony P.

Kawaii
03-08-2015, 12:16 PM
Welp, I hope they fired Tony P.

according to jn...

I have some sad news to report. Early Friday afternoon, most of The Neopets Team was laid off. According to our source, there are only a handful of programmers left, along with the support team and the monitor team. This is why we did not get news on Friday, and why the NC items released over this weekend do not have images.

support team is still around

Agrippa
03-08-2015, 12:31 PM
I am sorry guys, but Neopets will most likely go down the drain. I will explain to you in a second.

A company can only work in the long run if it is making a profit. A profit is the money you make after all the expenses, taxes, etc are paid. When we look at the financial statements NEOP.inc has under Nickelodeon, it is clear that it has been unable to make profit in more than 5 years. That is unsustainable, no investor (and companies) will keep losing money for a long time in order to make customers happy. Even the government can't keep something like that up forever (look at Greece).

When there is no profit, there is no way to continue to pay for operations, including salaries to workers. Based on the Financial statements above, they have already being borrowing money and losing equity for quite a while.

All these issues end up creating a perfect storm, where if you don't have new content and a service that keeps getting people back in and spending money, you are not able to maintain the operations, which forces you to lay out workers. By laying out workers, you stretch your resources too thin which in turn causes issues to become more apparent. It is really sad, but it is also reality

k80
03-08-2015, 12:57 PM
How sad, but I guess when the choice is between booting the content writers and the tech staff, I suppose this is the smart move for now.

I wonder why they stopped with the "immersive advertising" concept, with a bunch of sponsor games from new movies, teenybopper bands, breakfast cereal brands, etc. in the form of crowd patrols, personality tests, etc. I have a billion of those in my high scores list from throughout the years. I think they just have one sponsor game right now, and I wasn't able to get the damn thing to work because I think it required a signup somewhere else. Surely there's money to be made in those, still, TNT?

ddown
03-08-2015, 01:07 PM
Maybe I'm niave, but I can't imagine a company that would release a mobile app and then fire staff in preparation for closing on the same day. I know Neo has a long way to go in terms of functionality, but I wish people on the neo boards would stop thinking every change along the way is spelling gloom and doom. For months, people on the boards were clamoring for TNT to take down the site until it's fixed, but when they take down parts of the site to repair them people think it means disaster. The current staff is obviously incompetent, but when JS cleans house it means Neo is shutting down? I can't pretend to know what's going to happen next, but I have yet to see evidence strong enough to convince me that this is the end of Neo.

Suicune
03-08-2015, 01:13 PM
So... Programmers where kicked off

Hopefully new ones can take there place.

Jellyneo has already caused an outcry on the help chat and PC

|2eap
03-08-2015, 01:18 PM
heres just a little thought.

But I'm ALMOST positive any large companies like these would look at these websites they plan to purchase for profits reasons WAY FURTHER than just the next year or two. They look at 10 years down the road and where it is and if they do this where it could go based on projections.

Yea the site did fuck up on them, but as far as this debt and all that. It was like that before they even bought it, they knew what they were getting into years before they bought it.

Agrippa
03-08-2015, 01:30 PM
heres just a little thought.

But I'm ALMOST positive any large companies like these would look at these websites they plan to purchase for profits reasons WAY FURTHER than just the next year or two. They look at 10 years down the road and where it is and if they do this where it could go based on projections.

Yea the site did fuck up on them, but as far as this debt and all that. It was like that before they even bought it, they knew what they were getting into years before they bought it.

The answer to your "almost positive" is yes and no. Some companies do look into 10-30 years, but most companies can't survive that long.Nickelodeon bought Neopets at the time thinking 10-30 years in the future, it didn't mean much when they started to find out that they were spending more than the future expected profit. JN bought Neopets at a very discounted price, but they also have a lot less capital to be used in order to revert the current trend. I can guarantee you that Nickelodeon did not disclose all the issues they have found, otherwise they would have lost more money on the sale of the Neopets brand.

Debt may have existed before, but it definetly increased (you may see it in the Fin Income when Nick was the owner) and continued to do so afterwards.

|2eap
03-08-2015, 01:32 PM
The answer to your "almost positive" is yes and no. Some companies do look into 10-30 years, but most companies can't survive that long.Nickelodeon bought Neopets at the time thinking 10-30 years in the future, it didn't mean much when they started to find out that they were spending more than the future expected profit. JN bought Neopets at a very discounted price, but they also have a lot less capital to be used in order to revert the current trend. I can guarantee you that Nickelodeon did not disclose all the issues they have found, otherwise they would have lost more money on the sale of the Neopets brand.

Debt may have existed before, but it definetly increased (you may see it in the Fin Income when Nick was the owner) and continued to do so afterwards.

Not really in a debating mood. Just my two cents on the matter xD. As I can see from all your posts you think Neopets is done for, which is totally fine. Thats your opinion and your entitled to it :)

Agrippa
03-08-2015, 01:38 PM
Not really in a debating mood. Just my two cents on the matter xD. As I can see from all your posts you think Neopets is done for, which is totally fine. Thats your opinion and your entitled to it :)

That is the same way you are getting my two cents. I do case analysis regarding Finance and Economic sustainability, the Neopets case is just a practice. Most Clraik users have very similar views regarding Neopets, what I am doing is providing a different view to the same issue. I am not interested in following the trend nor in getting into 'fights' because of a game.

|2eap
03-08-2015, 01:43 PM
That is the same way you are getting my two cents. I do case analysis regarding Finance and Economic sustainability, the Neopets case is just a practice. Most Clraik users have very similar views regarding Neopets, what I am doing is providing a different view to the same issue. I am not interested in following the trend nor in getting into 'fights' because of a game.
agreed haha and i'm not saying your wrong haha obviously ur not. I just dont think everyone else on this board is wrong either.

Sociopath
03-08-2015, 01:58 PM
This is incredibly sad because so many mistakes were made time and time again throughout the life of this website. This was completely preventable, at least for a few more years. Especially in the areas of customer service... and if they had not moved their servers

Neopets.com is the poster child of what not to do wrong in business

Young
03-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Neopets stay with me...
I paid a year... for SSW

|2eap
03-08-2015, 02:14 PM
:sorrow: I still believe!!!

Pusheen
03-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Well, I guess we should expect even more glitchs appearing in the next weeks, I doubt they already have the new personal to hire in mind (if that's even what they plan to do) and even if they do, it would take them quite some time to understand the site. A lot of changes will come our way, let's just hope they are for the best.

|2eap
03-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Plottwist jumpstart branched out to the programmers that are most familiar with their site.

New addition to the Jumpstart team Infamous Joe.

:P

Agrippa
03-08-2015, 03:24 PM
Plottwist jumpstart branched out to the programmers that are most familiar with their site.

New addition to the Jumpstart team Infamous Joe.

:P

Plot twist, Jumpstart outsourced the department layed off and is coming with a full pledge of $50,000,000 to get the Neopets brand back on track!

Or Neopets becomes an open source product, Mozilla Firefox style

Hurricane
03-08-2015, 03:48 PM
I heard Comastar and Viola were two of the staff that got fired. That's a shame because both of those members were the most active TnT staff members for coming onto the neoboards and chatting with users.

x-factor
03-08-2015, 06:03 PM
coming onto the neoboards and chatting with users.

maybe that's why they were fired.

Chibicat
03-08-2015, 06:30 PM
They should surrender the site to Clraik, we could keep it going and interesting!

Sakuras
03-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Totally off topic, but where have I heard the name Nynex before? Did anyone else frequent Neodecoder/Neoextreme/other Neo forums back in the day? Anyway, wow first time seeing Snarkie's tweet. That's terrifying, considering when it was posted people weren't sure if the layoff was true.

Spoildlittleme
03-08-2015, 08:54 PM
They should surrender the site to Clraik, we could keep it going and interesting!

Best idea ever :D

Sakuras
03-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Best idea ever :D

I second this.

Spoildlittleme
03-08-2015, 09:37 PM
SCf3

I mean come on!! I think this site could provide much better service to the Neo users :D

Agrippa
03-08-2015, 10:35 PM
Sorbet That reminds me of an MMO I played a while ago where it was known the company hosting the MMO had a subsidiary selling the games currency and other stuff just to make + cash. In this case Clraik would provide the customer service and new products, while also giving the trophies, NP,etc.

potatoespotate
03-10-2015, 01:39 AM
I heard Comastar and Viola were two of the staff that got fired. That's a shame because both of those members were the most active TnT staff members for coming onto the neoboards and chatting with users.

lol yes. Maybe that's exactly why they were unable to do their jobs properly and hence, got fired. Too busy wasting time lurking the boards and whatnot rather than doing their actual jobs?

FreezingHeat
03-10-2015, 02:50 AM
Whatever it is. I hope it is just in the best interest of neopets

funnybell
03-10-2015, 03:03 AM
Snarkie said she chose to leave?

learningtoneopet1
03-10-2015, 03:05 AM
Snarkie said she chose to leave?

She left before all of this went down :P

Sakuras
03-10-2015, 02:29 PM
She left before all of this went down :P

I feel like the staff probably knew about it and she decided to jump ship early, idk. Considering they were bought by JS, I'm sure JS had plans for the employees/staff once they were getting started.

Ghosts
03-10-2015, 03:57 PM
I had my mom (who is a CPA) look over the financial statements and she said that they aren't really as bad as people make them out to be. Not great, but not about to go bankrupt. I forget the exact points she gave me, but their revenue has quadrupled in the past year, and if that continues to increase they are in pretty good shape.

Also I_royalty_I I'm 99% it's for Neopets, I /think/ JumpStart is publicly traded, which would mean financial data for any subsidiaries would have to be posted.

I_royalty_I
03-10-2015, 04:18 PM
I had my mom (who is a CPA) look over the financial statements and she said that they aren't really as bad as people make them out to be. Not great, but not about to go bankrupt. I forget the exact points she gave me, but their revenue has quadrupled in the past year, and if that continues to increase they are in pretty good shape.

I think you're right. At first glance, it looked like it was a ticker for a different company. But after following a few link, it looks to be for Neopets. I couldn't find JumpStart's stock, but they seem like a big enough company to be traded publicly. If they aren't, and they actually turn neo around, it might be a good stock to invest in when they do go public :P

Sociopath
03-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Jumpstart is a private company