PDA

View Full Version : Need 'help' with a program...

Accelerator
03-08-2015, 04:36 AM
So... idk if this is the correct section/or if I'm even allowed to ask this XD...
I'll go straight to the point, is there any way to install (and run) the dell dock on a regular/non-dell PC? I've been wanting to install that since I saw it on my uncle's laptop XD.
I read that someone managed to do it using Reflector, the reflexil add-in and Process Monitor
PS: I say "and run" because if I unzip the setup file, open the "delldock.res" file and delete the DetectOEM.exe I can install it... Well, I wouldn't say install it, because it still says "you must be on a Dell computer to blah blah blah" near the finish of the installation. If you can help, here's the file ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) since the delldock website isn't available anymore...

Zachafer
03-08-2015, 12:34 PM
I'm sure it's possible but very difficult and likely not worth it. Check out ObjectDock? ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

See this page- [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Accelerator
03-08-2015, 12:37 PM
I'm sure it's possible but very difficult and likely not worth it. Check out ObjectDock? ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

See this page- [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Yeah, I've used OD, but the tabbed dock doesn't behave as the stacks/categories do on that dock XD. And using the stacks docklet looks kinda ugly compared to the one in the dell dock e_e
Tried modifying the setup with ollydbg but I'm lost af :rolleyes:
Edit: Oh, seems they moved the page and deleted the download link XD...

Accelerator
03-13-2015, 11:28 PM
Tried virtualizing the app with no success...
Anyone? x_x

Accelerator
03-15-2015, 08:40 PM
Managed to install it... On a virtual Machine
using;

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows XP" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiSystemVendor" "Dell Computer Corporation"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows XP" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiBIOSVendor" "Dell Computer Corporation"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows XP" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiBIOSVersion" "A12"

VBoxManage setextradata "Windows XP" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiBIOSReleaseDate" "08/26/2004"
Is there any way to change the system manufacturer (that shows on msinfo32 and dxdiag) or 'fooling' a dll (I think it's kernel32.dll) to think I'm using a Dell or something?
Need help! D: Willing to +rep/pay XD

Zachafer
03-18-2015, 12:11 AM
Check this thread out [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Modifying the latest Assessment files in %windir%\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore and updating the <BIOS> XML values could work? The thread died sadly.

Accelerator
03-18-2015, 12:25 AM
Check this thread out [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Modifying the latest Assessment files in %windir%\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore and updating the <BIOS> XML values could work? The thread died sadly.

I think that only modifies the info shown on system properties :/ but I'll give it a try, thanks!
I've been trying to modify the info of the SMBIOS with SMBCFG but I get this:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
XD.
Edit: Can't find any file with BIOS in it's name XD.
The only ones I have are:
DWM.Assessment (Initial).WinSAT
Cpu.Assessment (Initial).WinSAT
Disk.Assessment (Initial).WinSAT
DWM.Assessment (Recent).WinSAT
Graphics3D.Assessment (Initial).WinSAT
GraphicsMedia.Assessment (Initial).WinSAT
Mem.Assessment (Initial).WinSAT
Formal.Assessment (Initial).WinSAT
Graphics3D.Assessment (Recent).WinSAT
GraphicsMedia.Assessment (Recent).WinSAT
and Formal.Assessment (Recent).WinSAT

Zachafer
03-18-2015, 12:55 AM
Edit: Can't find any file with BIOS in it's name XD.
The only ones I have are:
DWM.Assessment (Initial).WinSAT
Cpu.Assessment (Initial).WinSAT
Disk.Assessment (Initial).WinSAT
Graphics3D.Assessment (Initial).WinSAT
GraphicsMedia.Assessment (Initial).WinSAT
Mem.Assessment (Initial).WinSAT
Formal.Assessment (Initial).WinSAT
Graphics3D.Assessment (Recent).WinSAT
GraphicsMedia.Assessment (Recent).WinSAT
and Formal.Assessment (Recent).WinSAT
Those are the files I was referring to. Open them up and look for the <BIOS> tag

Accelerator
03-18-2015, 01:10 AM
Those are the files I was referring to. Open them up and look for the <BIOS> tag

(Kinda stupid question...) Do I need to reboot? XD
This is the effing line/info I want to change :mad:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Accelerator
03-20-2015, 05:28 AM
Halp! D:
Too stupid to figure out which IL/bool/whatever to return true in .NET Reflector >_<

Accelerator
05-21-2015, 10:59 PM
Bumping this again before it becomes grave digging.
The person that was supposedly helping me left me hanging, anyone? D: