PDA

View Full Version : chat on site.

fairydust201
02-22-2015, 02:21 AM
what if we get something like this on the site ?

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

it's like tinychat but no webcam only differences lol

I_royalty_I
02-22-2015, 02:23 AM
This was brought up the other day here:

fairydust201
02-22-2015, 02:23 AM
This was brought up the other day here:

i didn't even no lol but that site makes the chat into a small bubble so it wont be in the way =)

I_royalty_I
02-22-2015, 02:25 AM
I'm not too familiar with that site, but I guess most of the reasons I posted against it still stand. I don't think the positioning of it is a big deal. I just don't see us really needing it right now.
Nobody else from staff chimed in last time, so idk what they think, whether they agree or not

Zeus
02-22-2015, 02:41 AM
I'm not too familiar with that site, but I guess most of the reasons I posted against it still stand. I don't think the positioning of it is a big deal. I just don't see us really needing it right now.
Nobody else from staff chimed in last time, so idk what they think, whether they agree or not

I agree with you, the forum should be left strictly as the forum, otherwise people will spend more time in the chat box, than actually socializing within the threads.
If people want to instant message, we have skype and tinychat for that.

Drizzy
02-22-2015, 02:48 AM
I kinda agree with Andrew
I mean if you wish to chat, there is always skype or tinychat
It would be detrimental to the forum tbh with activity/post counts going down

j03
02-22-2015, 10:38 AM
Also these chat services are a major killer to forums. Not just from what was posted before but because they are a major impact on the server performance. The site would become sluggish and we don't want that.

These have been suggested many times in the past and every time we say the same thing. It's better to not have them. I always see a huge list of cons before pros when reading these types of suggestions. Drama, for example, would be harder to handle.