PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about our president?

Ph0enix
02-21-2015, 12:02 PM
I see so many people who love him, but way more that hate him. Personally, I think he's a complete idiot who, while blame doesn't lie with him alone, it is shared by our last two presidents, is driving this country into the ground. What do you think?

Stupidest of all I think is Obamacare!

Misha
02-21-2015, 01:45 PM
Obamacare is a joke. I'm on unemployment, and I still would have to pay 80 a month for shitty health coverage.

As far as Obama himself, he's just a face to blame. Sure he can veto shit, but for the most part, it's senate and the house that are ruining our country. Unfortunately, our nation as a whole would never stand up for themselves and do something about our corrupt government so we have to just go along for the ride.

spleef35
02-22-2015, 06:33 PM
When people say they believe President Obama is ruining the country, I expect them to support that argument with reasons.

I think for far too long, the purpose of the President in the eyes of the general public, has been to blame him (I wish I could say her) for every problem in the country, including problems he inherited. I can't go anywhere anymore without encountering someone blaming Pres. Obama for something and/or complaining about the Affordable Care Act. It is NOT called Obamacare, it is called the Affordable Care Act. Therefore there is no such thing as Obamacare, and complaining about imaginary things is pointless.

The way that Congress and the Senate treat Pres. Obama is most definitely due to his race. They were almost as nasty to Pres. Clinton as they are to Pres. Obama, from blaming Pres. Clinton for nearly everything to trying to have him impeached. And it was Republicans who did this, and continue to do this.

Do I believe Pres. Obama is ruining this country? No. He's not responsible for how much the United States sucks. We Americans created this. We did it with our racism, capitalism, corporate spending, homophobia, and wastefulness. We ruined the United States when we stole land from Native Americans and massacred them, enslaved Africans and massacred them, forced immigrants to change their names before entering the country, created Jim Crow laws, interned Japanese-Americans then invaded their country and firebombed innocent cities and villages before nuking Nagasaki and Hiroshima, went to war with the Middle East, and pissed off lord knows who hell else. And people ask me why I don't want to live in a country that would lynch me if it was still legal to do so.

I_royalty_I
02-22-2015, 06:48 PM
I feel like that's a very loaded question, probably one that's a bit too broad for me to properly answer without writing up an entire paper about my thoughts lol

I will say that I am not a fan of his, I voted against him, twice.

There are plenty of sketchy things that have gone on during his presidency, it's like he doesn't think the laws apply to him. Most recently, the immigration clusterfuck is something that really pisses me off. It's unbelievable how our government can get away with something like that. I'm not sure how many people know, because it's not plastered on the news, but now they are trying to grant these illegal immigrants the right to vote... as if they were actual citizens. Mind = blown. While we are at it, let's just set them up with all types of aid that could be better off helping our own citizens who are in a rough spot.

Also, about the AFA... I don't think anybody really knows who coined the term Obamacare, but Obama certainly embraced the name with open arms. But the name isn't the main issue, the main issue is the act. If it were about the name, the term "affordable" would need to be changed too. The thought was good, but the execution was terrible and screwed over just as many, if not more, people than it helped.

Mama Bear
02-22-2015, 07:15 PM
I think that there are issues here greater than whether or not you like Obama. Leadership is always a mountainous undertaking, and no leader can ever appease everyone in a population. In my lifetime, I remember Clinton being a laughing stock, Bush being a laughing stock and Obama trying to do things to improve people's lives, but being attacked for it. This, at least, is the representation that has been received via the media and popular culture over here. Likewise, I don't doubt that your understanding of our current Prime Minister is farcical (he man is an absolute moron).

From my personal viewpoint, healthcare reform is important. We in Australia are fortunate and have a federal healthcare system that means many doctor and hospital visits are free, and many medications are subsidised. My tonsillectomy last year, for example, had no out-of-pocket expenses for me at all. The funding for this comes from part of our tax money. Comparing the US tax brackets to Australian rates, I'd pay only slightly less tax in the States, but would have exorbitant medical fees in exchange. I know that tax is a sensitive issue, as people do not want to fund things that do not affect them directly. We don't want more of our money taken. Realistically though, our health is vital to our quality of life. While the Affordable Care Act may not be perfect in achieving healthcare reform, I have to respect that Obama is at least attempting to make change in order to improve the quality of life for his people.

What annoys me greatly is when many of the people who criticise Obama, or any other leader, didn't vote at all. Australia has compulsory voting in our elections. In comparison, only 58.2% of eligible Americans voted in the 2012 election. This means that people could have had their voices and opinions heard and counted, but didn't. Personally I think that if you were too lazy or apathetic to cast your vote, you have no right to bitch about the outcome or consequences. Do I hate my Prime Minister? Yes, he's a dickhead. However, at least I can honestly say that I voted; I did my part to affect change and attempt to keep him out of office.

I_royalty_I
02-22-2015, 07:27 PM
Personally I think that if you were too lazy or apathetic to cast your vote, you have no right to bitch about the outcome or consequences.

I agree with this 1000 percent.
I know a lot of people who say that they don't like either candidate so they just don't vote. Then when something happens that they don't like, they go on and on about how terrible a job that person is doing. If you don't vote, you're telling me your opinion doesn't matter, so I automatically don't care lol
You've gotta vote for the lesser of two evils.

The other thing that kind of drives me crazy is when people are uneducated and vote for somebody based off of ONE issue. Like, dude, there's a whole world of issues, you're telling me you only care about one thing?

Guy
02-22-2015, 09:30 PM
no matter how bad or good obama may seem to the american public, he's still our commander-in-chief so I have the utmost respect for him lol

spleef35
02-22-2015, 09:40 PM
I don't agree that people who don't vote don't get to complain. The reason I don't agree, is based on something George Carlin once said. If you vote for someone, that means you wanted that person in office, therefore, complaining about that person makes no sense. He also said that if we don't vote, that means we didn't elect those people, so we re allowed to disagree with what they do, since we didn't want them there.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

I feel like that's a very loaded question, probably one that's a bit too broad for me to properly answer without writing up an entire paper about my thoughts lol

There are plenty of sketchy things that have gone on during his presidency, it's like he doesn't think the laws apply to him. Most recently, the immigration clusterfuck is something that really pisses me off. It's unbelievable how our government can get away with something like that. I'm not sure how many people know, because it's not plastered on the news, but now they are trying to grant these illegal immigrants the right to vote... as if they were actual citizens. Mind = blown. While we are at it, let's just set them up with all types of aid that could be better off helping our own citizens who are in a rough spot.

Also, about the AFA... I don't think anybody really knows who coined the term Obamacare, but Obama certainly embraced the name with open arms. But the name isn't the main issue, the main issue is the act. If it were about the name, the term "affordable" would need to be changed too. The thought was good, but the execution was terrible and screwed over just as many, if not more, people than it helped.

Where did you hear/read that Pres. Obama is trying to give ilegal immigrants the right to vote? Please provide a legitimate source for this claim.

Aska
02-22-2015, 09:50 PM
I'll be the first to admit I'm not a huge fan of Obama; however, the men running against him were worse. It'd be great if one of these days we didn't have to choose the lesser of the evils.

There are some aspects of Obamacare I do like. Because I'm struggling to find a job, and do need insurance, my parents can keep me on their insurance plan for a couple of more years.

I_royalty_I
02-22-2015, 09:52 PM
I don't agree that people who don't vote don't get to complain. The reason I don't agree, is based on something George Carlin once said. If you vote for someone, that means you wanted that person in office, therefore, complaining about that person makes no sense. He also said that if we don't vote, that means we didn't elect those people, so we re allowed to disagree with what they do, since we didn't want them there.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Where did you hear/read that Pres. Obama is trying to give ilegal immigrants the right to vote? Please provide a legitimate source for this claim.

I'm not sure who that guy is, but I feel his logic is a little flawed. If you don't vote, then you did help put that person in office. You helped do that by not voting for the other guy.

I'm on my phone, so I can't find what I was reading as easily right now.
But it goes something along the lines of us giving the illegal immigrants drivers licenses. From there, it doesn't take too much to see how easy it would be for them to jump in line and start voting. I mean, if there have been dead people voting in elections before, how difficult is it to believe that these people, who are not citizens, will be able to get in and vote? For me, not very difficult.

Mama Bear
02-22-2015, 10:34 PM

I can't agree with that statement. How would you, or George Carlin, expect to institute change in the government unless you make your vote count (or run for office yourself)? It's a bit petulant, like a small child who throws a tantrum because they can't get their way. If you vote for someone, that can be (as you said) because you want them in office, yes. It can also be, as others have said, wishing the lesser of two evils to hold the position. Edmund Burke once famously said claimed that "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"; abstaining from voting is doing exactly that in my eyes. By voting you can at least make an attempt to prevent what you see to be unfit governance. You might not always win, but you can try.

But we're getting a little sidetracked from the original topic. My apologies for that.

learningtoneopet1
02-22-2015, 11:55 PM
I don't really care too much about politics, just the kind of person I am. As long as they don't take away my source of income, then I don't give a shit what else they do. Most presidents are generally hated by the public by the end of their term. Just how it is. If they mess up one time, then people start to dislike them. Presidents are human and will make mistakes, and you would be hard-pressed to find a president who didn't have the majority hating them by the end of their presidency. Really the most recent presidents with pretty large followings by the end were FDR and JFK. There are some others, but they can't make everyone happy. If they make the rich pay smaller taxes, then poor people are mad. If they make poor people pay smaller taxes, the rich get mad. It's an inherent part of Capitalism that we just have to deal with. I don't give a shit if someone likes or dislikes a president, those are your opinions. However, you should respect the fuck out of every single one of them for being one of the biggest reasons why our country has succeeded. The stress they take on when they get into office is insane and you shouldn't let your political opinions get in the way of respecting them.

Misha
02-23-2015, 09:52 AM

This exactly. If it was affordable, I'd be able to afford it. It cost me more now to have terrible coverage than it cost me when I was 19 and working in a call center for great coverage. There's nothing affordable about it. I have bills to pay, and mouths to feed, and forcing me to buy a product that I can't viably afford without missing my electric bill payment, is really bending me over and screwing me.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

I can't agree with that statement. How would you, or George Carlin, expect to institute change in the government unless you make your vote count (or run for office yourself)? It's a bit petulant, like a small child who throws a tantrum because they can't get their way. If you vote for someone, that can be (as you said) because you want them in office, yes. It can also be, as others have said, wishing the lesser of two evils to hold the position. Edmund Burke once famously said claimed that "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"; abstaining from voting is doing exactly that in my eyes. By voting you can at least make an attempt to prevent what you see to be unfit governance. You might not always win, but you can try.

But we're getting a little sidetracked from the original topic. My apologies for that.

Because as much as you want to believe your vote matters, it's really up to the electoral colleges of your state to decide who the vote goes to. Popular vote doesn't mean shit, other than giving people the idea that they're making a difference.

spleef35
02-23-2015, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure who that guy is, but I feel his logic is a little flawed. If you don't vote, then you did help put that person in office. You helped do that by not voting for the other guy.

I'm on my phone, so I can't find what I was reading as easily right now.
But it goes something along the lines of us giving the illegal immigrants drivers licenses. From there, it doesn't take too much to see how easy it would be for them to jump in line and start voting. I mean, if there have been dead people voting in elections before, how difficult is it to believe that these people, who are not citizens, will be able to get in and vote? For me, not very difficult.

George Carlin is a very well-known comedian, highly respected, especially during the 80's and 90's.

Votes don't actually count the way we think they do - it's not even 50/50 anymore. We have independent, libertarian, green party, tea party (yuck), etc, to choose from, in addition to democrats, republicans, and even write-ins. There is no 100% guarantee that who we vote for will be elected. Also, voters never get what they want. We vote for the candidate who we think will do the least amount of damage, since no President is perfect. So given the unfortunate lack in value of our vote, I think his logic is quite sound.

Someone with a driver's license or photo ID cannot just walk into a voting station and vote. You have to be a registered voter first. When you are standing in line, they check your name off of the list. If you are not registered, your name is not on that list. If you are not a legal citizen in the United States, you cannot register to vote. I have absolutely no idea what you think this has to do with the Affordable Care Act. The driver's license and photo ID are for the purpose of identifying someone.

And I am going to be very serious with you: If you cannot site your sources, or state facts based on actual information gathering and/or statistics, then you should make such blatant claims about what our President is doing to the country. In the past, blatant claims like this have led to President Obama's birth certificate being investigated, because someone suggested he was born in Kenya instead of the United States. This even led to people suggesting the official Hawaiian seal on his birth certificate was somehow faked. Now I am not saying that you are one of these people, but the rules for the Debate Zone ask you for sources and to back up your debates.

I_royalty_I
02-23-2015, 09:43 PM
George Carlin is a very well-known comedian, highly respected, especially during the 80's and 90's.

Votes don't actually count the way we think they do - it's not even 50/50 anymore. We have independent, libertarian, green party, tea party (yuck), etc, to choose from, in addition to democrats, republicans, and even write-ins. There is no 100% guarantee that who we vote for will be elected. Also, voters never get what they want. We vote for the candidate who we think will do the least amount of damage, since no President is perfect. So given the unfortunate lack in value of our vote, I think his logic is quite sound.

Someone with a driver's license or photo ID cannot just walk into a voting station and vote. You have to be a registered voter first. When you are standing in line, they check your name off of the list. If you are not registered, your name is not on that list. If you are not a legal citizen in the United States, you cannot register to vote. I have absolutely no idea what you think this has to do with the Affordable Care Act. The driver's license and photo ID are for the purpose of identifying someone.

And I am going to be very serious with you: If you cannot site your sources, or state facts based on actual information gathering and/or statistics, then you should make such blatant claims about what our President is doing to the country. In the past, blatant claims like this have led to President Obama's birth certificate being investigated, because someone suggested he was born in Kenya instead of the United States. This even led to people suggesting the official Hawaiian seal on his birth certificate was somehow faked. Now I am not saying that you are one of these people, but the rules for the Debate Zone ask you for sources and to back up your debates.

I don't mind if you are very serious with me, however, if you're going to call me out on stating things not based on fact, you should consider the same. You have an awful lot of "I thinks" and "I believe" in your posts too, and I don't see much backing up anything other than it being your personal opinion. And that's perfectly fine with me, but you can't do one thing then expect somebody else to do another.

Votes actually do count, exactly the way we think they would? There's the popular vote, the electoral college, etc and they all work in a very specific way. The electoral college is a bit controversial, but we know how it works. There are more political parties now than there were before, but that doesn't change things. Usually the only two who have a fighting chance are the Republicans and the Democrats. There is never a 100% chance of the person you vote for getting elected, that's why it's a vote and there are different opinions. If you expect the person you vote for to get elected 100% of the time, you're looking at things the wrong way. There probably won't ever be a president who you agree with on every single issue either, there are so many different people out there with so many different ideas. But you vote based off of the lesser of two evils and/or who supports the most amount of things that you agree with. SO I don't think his logic is sound, I look at it as a scapegoat, just an excuse not to participate but still complain.

Someone with a drivers license cannot just walk in and vote. But somebody with a valid drivers license, and a social security number (like the ones being given to the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS) has the capacity to register to vote. They are the types of official government documents required to register to vote. Once you're registered to vote, all you have to do it show your ID and you're good. It was incredibly easy for me to register to vote. This is a very real possibility, I'm not just spouting nonsense here. Here are a few sources you can check out as well:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Or you could just google this stuff and read the news. It's something that is being talked about pretty often right now. And if these illegal immigrants do slip through and are able to vote, who do you think they will vote for? The people who are giving them all these handouts and making their "American dream" come true. -_-

This whole illegal immigration thing is all sorts of screwy. When they are issued these SSN's they can file to get a refund for prior years, years they paid no taxes at all.

In regards to whether his birth certificate was authentic or not, the verdict is still out. There seems to be a lot of talk out there about how it was pieced together and is indeed a forgery. We will never know for sure though, and it doesn't matter at this point. He has already screwed things up pretty well.

We have already passed the tipping point, there are more people relying on government subsidies than people paying into them:
This is a dangerous fact that will only serve to increase the debt of the country. When more people are taking and less people are giving, how long do you think that will last? Why even bother working hard anymore? Why not just take from the government since it's free and easy?

So, sure he has done some good things for the country, but the things that I see important have only gotten worse. The ACA has helped to insure people who otherwise didn't have insurance. But money isn't free, and the people who pick up the tab are those who already have insurance. I've only had to pay more and more, for a plan that offers me less and less. I know I'm not alone there either.

In the end, our generation is already screwed, so it doesn't matter at this point. We are at a point in time where there is a lot going on and things are taking all sorts of twists and turns. Many of these things are swept under the rug, like how we provided guns to the Mexican cartel, and people eventually forget about them and claim they are a non issue. But it all adds up, and it is adding up. My opinion of Obama has gone down over the years, for many reasons. My opinions are based off of facts that I have read through keeping up with the news everyday and seeing what is going on in the world.

I could go on about other issues, but I suppose I've said more than enough at this point.

spleef35
02-24-2015, 11:42 AM
I don't mind if you are very serious with me, however, if you're going to call me out on stating things not based on fact, you should consider the same. You have an awful lot of "I thinks" and "I believe" in your posts too, and I don't see much backing up anything other than it being your personal opinion. And that's perfectly fine with me, but you can't do one thing then expect somebody else to do another.

Votes actually do count, exactly the way we think they would? There's the popular vote, the electoral college, etc and they all work in a very specific way. The electoral college is a bit controversial, but we know how it works. There are more political parties now than there were before, but that doesn't change things. Usually the only two who have a fighting chance are the Republicans and the Democrats. There is never a 100% chance of the person you vote for getting elected, that's why it's a vote and there are different opinions. If you expect the person you vote for to get elected 100% of the time, you're looking at things the wrong way. There probably won't ever be a president who you agree with on every single issue either, there are so many different people out there with so many different ideas. But you vote based off of the lesser of two evils and/or who supports the most amount of things that you agree with. SO I don't think his logic is sound, I look at it as a scapegoat, just an excuse not to participate but still complain.

Someone with a drivers license cannot just walk in and vote. But somebody with a valid drivers license, and a social security number (like the ones being given to the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS) has the capacity to register to vote. They are the types of official government documents required to register to vote. Once you're registered to vote, all you have to do it show your ID and you're good. It was incredibly easy for me to register to vote. This is a very real possibility, I'm not just spouting nonsense here. Here are a few sources you can check out as well:
Or you could just google this stuff and read the news. It's something that is being talked about pretty often right now. And if these illegal immigrants do slip through and are able to vote, who do you think they will vote for? The people who are giving them all these handouts and making their "American dream" come true. -_-

This whole illegal immigration thing is all sorts of screwy. When they are issued these SSN's they can file to get a refund for prior years, years they paid no taxes at all.

In regards to whether his birth certificate was authentic or not, the verdict is still out. There seems to be a lot of talk out there about how it was pieced together and is indeed a forgery. We will never know for sure though, and it doesn't matter at this point. He has already screwed things up pretty well.

We have already passed the tipping point, there are more people relying on government subsidies than people paying into them:
This is a dangerous fact that will only serve to increase the debt of the country. When more people are taking and less people are giving, how long do you think that will last? Why even bother working hard anymore? Why not just take from the government since it's free and easy?

So, sure he has done some good things for the country, but the things that I see important have only gotten worse. The ACA has helped to insure people who otherwise didn't have insurance. But money isn't free, and the people who pick up the tab are those who already have insurance. I've only had to pay more and more, for a plan that offers me less and less. I know I'm not alone there either.

In the end, our generation is already screwed, so it doesn't matter at this point. We are at a point in time where there is a lot going on and things are taking all sorts of twists and turns. Many of these things are swept under the rug, like how we provided guns to the Mexican cartel, and people eventually forget about them and claim they are a non issue. But it all adds up, and it is adding up. My opinion of Obama has gone down over the years, for many reasons. My opinions are based off of facts that I have read through keeping up with the news everyday and seeing what is going on in the world.

I could go on about other issues, but I suppose I've said more than enough at this point.

I was in the middle of typing a response to you and then my keyboard did the thing that I really wish it would stop doing... it disabled itself. I could not for the life of me last night (though now I know it was filter keys most likely) find the problem. I couldn't even do internet searches to find the problem. After an hour I used my mother's laptop to find the phone number for Microsoft tech support, who were convinced it's a hardware issue and refused to help, then told me to call HP support, who wanted to charged me 50 bucks to fix the issue. HELL NO. I did a system restore which reset all of my settings and yay, keyboard works now.

Of course that means I forgot half of what I had written (I couldn't even copy and paste :mad:) to you. In any case, what I meant by blatant claims, is stating something which has no evidence of being true, but claiming that it is true, specifically that Pres. Obama will give illegal immigrants the right to vote. Anyone with a driver's license and/or SSN surely can fill out a voter registration form. I could fill out all sorts of forms all day and send them wherever I want to. Doesn't always mean those forms will get me anything. I did read the sources that you provided regarding this topic, and they do state this claim, but I don't see anything that convinces me it's something that could actually happen.

In regard to opinions... those cannot be true or false, because they are a person's unique views. An important part of debating is not just facts but also opinions/morals/ethics, because those have their own rhetoric also. They can even be polarizing in some cases. I try to incorporate both into my arguments.

Let me just say that I stopped caring about how much taxes I pay a long time ago. I'm okay with taxes paying for my education, healthcare, and the education and healthcare of others. My taxes pay the salaries of my professors, most of which are intelligent people worthy of those salaries (not every teacher is good, but that's a different debate).

As an American, I am entitled to the following things: Education, healthcare, food and a roof over my head. Taxes pay for people to have these things. I see no problem with our government giving Americans what they deserve to have, what they pay for with their taxes, especially given how the USSR crumbled because their government did not give Russian citizens these things. So in regard to the forbes article, I feel the opposite, that government assistance (subsidies) will help our country stay afloat, instead of crashing and burning.

What's funny is... I looked for several sources that would offer a non-bias or even non-Tea Party/Republican viewpoint on the President's birth certificate. I found so many bizarre websites with fake quotes and fake sources, including articles leading to other articles from other bias websites, all saying that his birth certificate is fake. Even claiming that he said his birth certificate is fake. Like this one: [Only registered and activated users can see links] Even my uncle, who is about as liberal as it gets, believes his birth certificate is fake, that's how much people buy into this claim.

So, if everyone believes it, it must be true, right? Wrong, in most cases anyways (most of us believe the Earth is round, and guess what, it is). But when everybody and their brother keeps saying the same thing over and over again, it loses credibility. The reason why we know the Earth is round, is because instead of everyone just saying it repetitively, we went into space, looked at the Earth, saw that it's round, and now we know it's round. I see Republicans do this, like after Benghazi, when a huge mass of them all attacked Sec. Clinton and all said she was responsible for what happened in Benghazi. We never heard anything other than that, even during the hearing, which I watched. I could walk up to you every day and tell you that you are a horse, won't make it true.

Another thing which everyone is screaming about, and blaming the President for, are GMO's. I was fond of Neil DeGrasse Tyson's argument in favor of GMO's: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

The argument people use a lot is that GMO's will genetically modify the people who eat them. But not in the sense of losing or gaining weight, or simple physical effects that food has on us. They think GMO's will cause diseases, and changed a person's DNA. That sounds so similar to the argument people use against gay couples who want to adopt children, that it creeps me out.

I prefer not to cite wikipedia, but this is the most credible catalog of the birth certificate conspiracy theories that I could find: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Ph0enix
02-26-2015, 07:33 PM
Thank you guys for replying to this, it is really good to hear how differently as well as similarly, everyone feels. I realize Obama is a face to blame, but he also has alot of power to stop or put things into action. So many of his decisions have impacted my life negatively and I feel like he hasn't done most of the things he promised to do. It honestly cannot be easy being our president with everything you do put under a microscope for people to pick apart. At the same time, this is not a job for him to do. Someone else could have taken presidency and done so much more for this country. I just honestly feel like he is inadequate.

Goten
02-26-2015, 11:10 PM
Lets just say the only reason he's a president is because he used rappers/basketball players to promote his dumb ass. Only reason he got voted in the second time is because people are lazy and afraid of change in addition to the rapper/celeb promotions thing. People will cry and blame race but that seems to be the trend now a days for every fuck up. Other than that he seems cool as a person.

spleef35
02-27-2015, 02:32 PM
Lets just say the only reason he's a president is because he used rappers/basketball players to promote his dumb ass. Only reason he got voted in the second time is because people are lazy and afraid of change in addition to the rapper/celeb promotions thing. People will cry and blame race but that seems to be the trend now a days for every fuck up. Other than that he seems cool as a person.

A number of people promoted Pres. Obama, including Oprah. And white people listen to Oprah more than us black folk do. No seriously, go ask any black person at random what he or she thinks of Oprah, and very few of us will say something positive.

And so what if he promoted himself that way? People listen to celebrities, and sports in particular are hugely televised. What better way to get the attention of the American people? We mute political ads. We don't mute a basketball game or player.

In regard to blaming race, it's time for you to face the fact that it almost always is about race. You mentioned rappers and basketball, two stereotypical black dominated activities. So race is most definitely on your mind. I'm not okay with people trying to tell me, and other black folk what it's like to be black in America, because assuming you are caucasian, you have the option to walk away from racism and ignore it. I don't.

Goten
02-28-2015, 06:32 AM
A number of people promoted Pres. Obama, including Oprah. And white people listen to Oprah more than us black folk do. No seriously, go ask any black person at random what he or she thinks of Oprah, and very few of us will say something positive.

And so what if he promoted himself that way? People listen to celebrities, and sports in particular are hugely televised. What better way to get the attention of the American people? We mute political ads. We don't mute a basketball game or player.

In regard to blaming race, it's time for you to face the fact that it almost always is about race. You mentioned rappers and basketball, two stereotypical black dominated activities. So race is most definitely on your mind. I'm not okay with people trying to tell me, and other black folk what it's like to be black in America, because assuming you are caucasian, you have the option to walk away from racism and ignore it. I don't.

I'm not "Caucasian" so you can drop your black power defences act. I'm not saying black people are bad and white people are good or vise versa. My point was that he got elected only because he was heavily promoted by celebs that only cared to push the black agenda forward. Not because they looked into him and the other candidates and saw him as the most qualified. Oprah being liked or disliked by black or other races is irrelevant. The point is that she has major influence on a mix of races. Which is what counts. Plenty of people/comedians openly admitted to the fact that they're supporting Obama just to get a black guy in the white house.

Also, since when does a black person not have the option to walk away from racism? In my experience, everyone around me is treated equally in real life and in professional settings. The only time race issues have come up is when the minority didn't get what he/she wanted and started bitching and pulling the race card.

spleef35
02-28-2015, 10:09 AM
I'm not "Caucasian" so you can drop your black power defences act. I'm not saying black people are bad and white people are good or vise versa. My point was that he got elected only because he was heavily promoted by celebs that only cared to push the black agenda forward. Not because they looked into him and the other candidates and saw him as the most qualified. Oprah being liked or disliked by black or other races is irrelevant. The point is that she has major influence on a mix of races. Which is what counts. Plenty of people/comedians openly admitted to the fact that they're supporting Obama just to get a black guy in the white house.

Also, since when does a black person not have the option to walk away from racism? In my experience, everyone around me is treated equally in real life and in professional settings. The only time race issues have come up is when the minority didn't get what he/she wanted and started bitching and pulling the race card.

Since when does a black person not have the option to walk away from racism? Since the day I was born.

I'd like to know what magical land you live in where racism doesn't seem to exist. I'll stop using the race card when you, and people like you, stop handing it to me.

"Push the black agenda forward" sounds just like the fears slave owners had, when they couldn't have their slaves anymore. Now slaves had to be free, have jobs, voting rights, marriage rights, homes, and food. That's all we ever ask for. But instead, folks like you try to characterize it as people rising up, having riots and aggressively demanding things. Reading "The Souls of Black Folk" by W.E.B. DuBois would do you some good.

Also, the eye-color test, for your entertainment: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Part 2 of the eye-color test: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

These things play a major part in why Pres. Obama is treated by Congress so terribly. The reason why we vote should never come under question, because while complaining about the President is moot, our reasons for voting are at its core a basic human right. If I want to vote for someone because I think he/she is a nice person, or because I think they'll do good for the country, that's my business. Even if I tell you why I voted for President Obama, it's still my business.

IrishCreme
02-28-2015, 12:23 PM
I'm Canadan. Figured I'd mention that before i speak.
Obamacare was a bit of a bust ya, obviously it wasn't only his idea.

He's better than anyone else that's been in the whitehouse in a very very long time.

Bush was hilarious though, goodjob on that one.

spleef35
02-28-2015, 12:30 PM
I'm Canadan. Figured I'd mention that before i speak.
Obamacare was a bit of a bust ya, obviously it wasn't only his idea.

He's better than anyone else that's been in the whitehouse in a very very long time.

Bush was hilarious though, goodjob on that one.

Lol, I wholeheartedly agree that Bush was the greatest comedy routine to ever walk the Earth. I firmly believe Pres. Obama is the only GOOD President we've had. And I mean good in the sense that his heart is massive.

Funny, years back Whoopi Goldberg was speaking at my college and after she talked about Presidency and what it does to the country and means to the country, I got to ask her a question, "Why don't you run for President?" She said that she didn't believe a nice person could be President, or that she had the capitol needed to run. I liked that honest answer. But I feel like, in regard to being a nice person, Pres. Obama proved her wrong.

Jessica
02-28-2015, 12:37 PM
Since when does a black person not have the option to walk away from racism? Since the day I was born.

I'd like to know what magical land you live in where racism doesn't seem to exist. I'll stop using the race card when you, and people like you, stop handing it to me.

"Push the black agenda forward" sounds just like the fears slave owners had, when they couldn't have their slaves anymore. Now slaves had to be free, have jobs, voting rights, marriage rights, homes, and food. That's all we ever ask for. But instead, folks like you try to characterize it as people rising up, having riots and aggressively demanding things. Reading "The Souls of Black Folk" by W.E.B. DuBois would do you some good.

Also, the eye-color test, for your entertainment: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Part 2 of the eye-color test: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

These things play a major part in why Pres. Obama is treated by Congress so terribly. The reason why we vote should never come under question, because while complaining about the President is moot, our reasons for voting are at its core a basic human right. If I want to vote for someone because I think he/she is a nice person, or because I think they'll do good for the country, that's my business. Even if I tell you why I voted for President Obama, it's still my business.

This was about president Obama, not racism.

spleef35
02-28-2015, 02:39 PM
This was about president Obama, not racism.

Actually Jessica, racism is part of the debate, as well as part of why he was elected. Superbird's racially motivated argument is one of many reasons why some people blame our President for so many things, along with attack him verbally. Pres. Obama, more often than not, is associated with government assistance, healthcare, pay equality, things which black folk often ask for.

Jessica
02-28-2015, 03:51 PM
Actually Jessica, racism is part of the debate, as well as part of why he was elected. Superbird's racially motivated argument is one of many reasons why some people blame our President for so many things, along with attack him verbally. Pres. Obama, more often than not, is associated with government assistance, healthcare, pay equality, things which black folk often ask for.

Which is a good attribute, helping the poor. What also makes it about race is a lot of the time, black people are the ones being helped.

I can't help but mention that I live in a predominantly black neighborhood as I've grown up, the black community around me has grown, which is fine. Except for the fact that they literally deal drugs right in front of my home. BLARE systems in their cars 24/7 because they do not work. They do not own their homes. They do not take care of the properties... I treat everyone the way they deserve.

There is a home with "white hillbillies" "white trash" whatever you can call them that live down the street and they disgust me with their blatant disregard for their neighbors while they derby race the streets and dirty up the entire neighborhood with mud.

They equally disgust me as do the drug dealers.

Oh and don't forget the white rich guy who also deals drugs. He's a scum bag, but you'd never know because his house is gorgeous...

Where does race come in to play there?

I try to give everyone an equal chance.
Some people don't deserve an equal chance. That doesn't make me "racist" but if I don't think of a black criminal as "equal " to me im racist? No. I'm not. Race doesn't matter then. But it does. So where do you cross the line?

I'm actually more disgusted about the rap song MY PRESIDENT IS BLACK because that shows BLATENT racism against whites? But that's okay? What? Because he's black? Fuck that tbh.

I'm not about white power, or black power, if you want equality? Treat everyone equal. Don't "rise up" like whatever the fuck everyone is doing these days.

President Obama does his best as a president as he can, just like the others before him. He's doing what he thinks is right and fair, I would hope. And that's what matters. Be a good leader, and make good decisions for the country and its people, of any race. Period.

I wouldn't vote for him because he's black, just like I wouldn't have voted for Sarah Palin just because she's a woman.

IrishCreme
02-28-2015, 03:56 PM
I don't think racism played a part in him becoming president, frig it almost stopped him from winning because of red necks.

Jessica
02-28-2015, 04:23 PM
I don't think racism played a part in him becoming president, frig it almost stopped him from winning because of red necks.

Because of "red necks" lmfao k

TheLargeOne
02-28-2015, 04:25 PM
I think I know why Obama's struggling so much. He's focusing on issues that have more than 2 sides, and no side has more than 50% agreement. By taking any side, Obama's putting more than 50% of people against him.

I personally don't think he's doing too bad, all things considering.

But don't tax my college savings account, lol.

IrishCreme
02-28-2015, 05:54 PM
Because of "red necks" lmfao k

Red necks and racist whites, my bad?

Goten
03-01-2015, 02:59 AM

Wow, it sounds like you hate being black. I don't want to depress you further, nor do I want waste my time writing another paragraph which won't even sink in and you'll continue to reply with "Errmergerd you're racist" crap. Also, unless you live under a rock, you should know black people are more racist in general than white people.

spleef35
03-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Wow, it sounds like you hate being black. I don't want to depress you further, nor do I want waste my time writing another paragraph which won't even sink in and you'll continue to reply with "Errmergerd you're racist" crap. Also, unless you live under a rock, you should know black people are more racist in general than white people.

I like being black, actually. It's everyone else who has a problem with it. I'd like to hope that someday, you will be able to think in more than one perspective, and have empathy for people.

TwistyBR
05-05-2015, 08:31 AM
if you think your president is a bad leader, you should come to brazill to see what is a real meneace to the country

ArtieSnow
06-02-2015, 08:08 AM
if you think your president is a bad leader, you should come to brazill to see what is a real meneace to the country

Concordo plenamente, amigo. Aqui � um caos mesmo com a Dilma Rousseff.

TwistedBR
06-02-2015, 08:17 AM
Barack Obama is some better versus Dilma Rousseff. Dilma not encrease the education.

2ndgradel0v3
06-02-2015, 11:41 AM
Its hard to chose a side, I'm kinda in the middle.

riedy
08-02-2015, 11:49 AM
He has great point of views, but sadly he doesn't get anything done because everyone of his bills just get rejected. I really don't get why Americans are so against healthcare, but I see a lot of racism when people try to insult the president. They should rather inform themselves on the real issue than to blame anyone but themselves.