PDA

View Full Version : Ususally I am a wiz with computers, but I have never heard of this before..

Ph0enix
02-21-2015, 07:32 AM
I have had this same laptop for many years and have had my share of problems with it, but I always manage to fix it in the end. However, this time when I restored it to factory default, it continuously tells me windows is not genuine. It says I have to put in a new product key, or buy one. Quite confused lol I have had this thing for so long and suddenly it's doing this.

Misha
02-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Can you run it in safe mode? If you can, and are able to, run the command prompt sfc /scannow and see if that finds the issue. If not, I found this just googling for a bit, so maybe it will help:

Start Menu / All Programs / Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and pick/select 'Run As admistartor'.
At the command prompt enter: slmgr -upk
Now try phone activation:
How to activate Windows 7 or Vista manually (activate by phone)
1) Click Start, and in the Search box type: slui.exe 4
2) Next press the 'ENTER' key
3) Select your 'Country' from the list.
4) Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.
5) Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.
Also:
How to resolve common activation problems
[Only registered and activated users can see links]!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!67219.entry?sa=584475978
Windows Activation Video
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
This video will show you: - How to activate Windows - Where to find your product key
How to use your product key - How to get support for product activation
How to Activate Windows 7 by Phone
Microsoft Activation Centers Worldwide Telephone Numbers:
(This site is for Volume License Activation but if you call they will help you)
The phone number you called does not work:
Microsoft Wordwide contacts: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Whither

Ph0enix
02-21-2015, 10:53 AM
Can you run it in safe mode? If you can, and are able to, run the command prompt sfc /scannow and see if that finds the issue. If not, I found this just googling for a bit, so maybe it will help:

Start Menu / All Programs / Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and pick/select 'Run As admistartor'.
At the command prompt enter: slmgr -upk
Now try phone activation:
How to activate Windows 7 or Vista manually (activate by phone)
1) Click Start, and in the Search box type: slui.exe 4
2) Next press the 'ENTER' key
3) Select your 'Country' from the list.
4) Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.
5) Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.
Also:
How to resolve common activation problems
[Only registered and activated users can see links]!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!67219.entry?sa=584475978
Windows Activation Video
This video will show you: - How to activate Windows - Where to find your product key
How to use your product key - How to get support for product activation
How to Activate Windows 7 by Phone
Microsoft Activation Centers Worldwide Telephone Numbers:
(This site is for Volume License Activation but if you call they will help you)
The phone number you called does not work:
Microsoft Wordwide contacts: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Whither

Wow Misha, thank you! I will def try all that (: I don't have a phone though so I might have to try thr other options. Definitely +rep for all that work <3

Misha
02-21-2015, 10:54 AM
No problem :)