PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Collect Pokemon Cards?

WaterWings
02-07-2015, 06:39 PM
So basically, I stumbled upon Pokemon Indigo league on Netflix and it reignited my love for collecting cards.

I'm a bit of a noob to the newer cards, any advice would be great! I'm not looking to battle, so what's the best way to "catch em all"? Booster packs or?

Sinnamoon
02-07-2015, 06:49 PM
I used to collect them, but I just recently sold all my old cards as an eBay lot.

I'd say your best bet would be to get one of those lots on eBay, that's like 1000 cards? You could probably get that for like $50 or so. That would probably be older cards. For newer, it might be easier to get booster packs. c:

Munna
02-07-2015, 07:57 PM
On Toywiz you can buy individual cards (old and new) for like $.10-$2 each :)

yellowbomb04
02-07-2015, 08:02 PM
I have close to 5000 cards. If you want to buy them new from packs and such as suggest you only buy booster boxes or blister packs. If you buy single indv packs they most likely have been weighted by other buys and have no chance for good cards.

Lindsay
02-07-2015, 08:18 PM
I used to me a mad collector when I was a kid.. I had pages upon pages upon PAGES of pokemon cards... I wonder where they all went to... :C

WaterWings
02-07-2015, 09:24 PM
Sweet, I'll have to check that site. I only need 3 to complete the old first gen sets.

When buying boosters are certain packs for certain types of cards? Thanks for all the helps friends.

Poem
02-07-2015, 09:34 PM
i used to! now i realize what a grand waste of money it was (to me at least) :P

WaterWings
02-07-2015, 10:39 PM
I would like to at least finish my old set. I had it completed but then a bully stole some and I gave up. I need a Charizard, Blastoise, Venomoth, NidoQueen, Alakazam & Mew.

yellowbomb04
02-07-2015, 10:53 PM
The new sets are all like certain Pokemon. Like the new phantom forces specializes in ghost and psychic type Pokemon. If you look up the sets on Google you can find a wiki page showing each card in it. Each set has from 90-120 cards per set.

BEDDOEDv
02-08-2015, 10:07 AM
i used to! now i realize what a grand waste of money it was (to me at least) :P
i can relate too this, oh what a waste off money it was but enjoyable thing to do with my pals.

Misha
02-08-2015, 10:30 AM
I want to find my cards. I actually just started watching Pok�mon Black and White on Netflix yesterday lol

WaterWings
02-08-2015, 06:10 PM
I want to find my cards. I actually just started watching Pok�mon Black and White on Netflix yesterday lol

Once I finish the first season I'll be onto this :). Yay Netflix!

spleef35
02-08-2015, 07:35 PM
I never collected after gen 1. I have the first 151. I had a dream of collecting not just each Pokemon, but one of each of the packs too, like having a standard Pikachu, jungle Pikachu, etc. Never got that far. I probably spent over 100 bucks on those card packs and boxes. Nowadays, unless you go on ebay, those cards like the ones I have are hard to find. I don't sell them, because there was hours upon hours of card collecting and trading spent on those, and they man a lot to me.

Sakuras
03-11-2015, 03:18 PM
I'm still into the TCG but I don't collect the cards as much. I've been barely paying attention to the most recent sets. If you want to collect a complete set, buying a booster box is the best way to go. If you just want certain cards in a set, buying single cards is the most affordable. Buying booster packs is kinda a waste of money if you're trying to find something specific. Sometimes I like buying booster packs of the newest sets though just to see what it has to offer, and of course it's fun to open the packs.

Munna
03-12-2015, 08:10 AM
I would like to at least finish my old set. I had it completed but then a bully stole some and I gave up. I need a Charizard, Blastoise, Venomoth, NidoQueen, Alakazam & Mew.

Those shouldn't be too bad except for the old Charizard I've seen go for a few hundred/thousands... O_O

WaterWings
03-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Those shouldn't be too bad except for the old Charizard I've seen go for a few hundred/thousands... O_O

I actually got him for $30, I managed to finish my set and then ended up buying some new ones too :P. Slightly addicted.

Lisbeth
03-16-2015, 02:29 PM
I have a binder chock full of those really really old trading cards - not the playable game but just those little artwork cards that were being released with the first gen of the tv series/games. Anyone know if those are worth anything? I have almost the entire first set (they only released up to like 60-70 at first) and quite a few from beyond that. They might not be worth much, but I was looking over them a couple months ago, and jeez some of that artwork is really really cool. Especially when you consider how much pokemon has changed over the years.

winston_tiu
03-19-2015, 07:07 AM
I collect and play competitive pokemon tcg as well. As a collector, I would prioritize the quality of the card over its rarity. Those little dings and folds in the card makes it not attractive at all. I would suggest inserting the cards in double sleeves (just get the KMC inner and outer sleeves) and putting them in a sidewards binder (Ultra Pro sidewards binder). They are spacy, so it means less pushing and squeezing, also means less pressure and better quality. Btw, new-gen cards have Full arts and secret rares. The texture of the card makes it so much lovable, get those and you will know... Enjoy collecting!!!

Lightz
06-02-2015, 09:12 AM
all my card sucks... Didnt took care of it when i was young...

Luthiel
06-03-2015, 01:16 PM
all my card sucks... Didnt took care of it when i was young...

what? it's a run for clraik rank?

Wooloo
06-03-2015, 01:56 PM
I got back into Pokemon cards because the kids I work with are obsessed with them! :$

These kids spoil me with rare cards all the time, but if you don't have kids readily available to leech off of, I think booster packs are the way to go.

Melissa
06-03-2015, 02:53 PM
I had a japanese holographic pikachu that I was obsessed with as a kid. I have no idea where my cards are now.

Luthiel
06-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Pok�mon Cards exist?