PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite generation game to play?

j03
02-07-2015, 12:27 PM
For me it has to be 3rd generation (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald). I spent an entire summer playing every day, at least 10 hours each day. I really liked the remakes but nothing will beat the memories I've had with the originals. :)

PS: This marks the creation of our Pokemon SECTION O____________________O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ban
02-07-2015, 12:36 PM
Definitely Emerald :3

Lindsay
02-07-2015, 12:37 PM
1st generation for me

Ban
02-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Aw yeah, new pokemon section :3

Mophead
02-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Was scrolling down to the Neopets section, and saw this and was just wide eyed. O____O

Without a doubt the Hoenn region was my favorite (second gen I think?)
With the Heartgold/Soulsilver/Diamon games right behind them.

Great memories playing those games. :$

j03
02-07-2015, 12:43 PM
Watch us transition from being a popular Neopets forum to a popular Pokemon forum.

I'm won't complain lol

Ban
02-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Watch us transition from being a popular Neopets forum to a popular Pokemon forum.

I'm won't complain lol

Do you think there should be a few rules on Pok�mon trading/selling though? Cause it's pretty easy to hack a pok�mon D:

j03
02-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Do you think there should be a few rules on Pok�mon trading/selling though? Cause it's pretty easy to hack a pok�mon D:

Nah not unless the market gets big.

Ban
02-07-2015, 12:50 PM
Nah not unless the market gets big.

Alright then :P
Actually... to celebrate, I'm thinking of doing a giveaway xD
A whole box of pok�mons... any suggestions? ;)

j03
02-07-2015, 12:53 PM
Discord anything you want man (Y)

Ban
02-07-2015, 12:57 PM
Discord anything you want man (Y)

I think I'll be giving away... *thinks*
Battle-ready Shiny Hawluchas? :P

Lindsay
02-07-2015, 12:59 PM
I wish I still had my gameboy and my gold/silver edition... :C

Cuva
02-07-2015, 01:07 PM
I only played the remakes of the 1st gen (Ref fire, Green leaf)
I saw the Esmerald in a shop but i don't have consoles XD

Misha
02-07-2015, 01:51 PM
I'm trying to watch the Black and White series on Netflix and these new Pok�mon are just cheesy and lame. 1st gen is the only way to go.

zxzero
02-07-2015, 02:04 PM
First gen was the best for me, it was the only thing I wanted for christmas. I ripped open all of the gifts until I found the game and gameboy then proceeded to play it the whole day. I still remember the day like it was yesterday. <3 Awesome memories.

j03
02-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Growing up my family didn't have much money. My first experiences with Pokemon was by having my friends little brother let me borrow his gameboy color to play with his Pokemon Yellow. I used to be so happy when he let me borrow it for the weekend, I'd get halfway through the game or so and almost every time I gave it back, he would reset the game so I would have to do it all over again.

A year later on my birthday, my mom bought me a gameboy color and Pokemon Blue. That was one of the happiest moments of my life.

Suicune
02-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Soulsilver

man i want a shiny arceus

Ban
02-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Soulsilver

man i want a shiny arceus

$10 and it's yours ;)

Suicune
02-07-2015, 02:22 PM
i used to have one but i lost the game :( my friend could create any pokemon on his computer

Ban
02-07-2015, 02:25 PM
i used to have one but i lost the game :( my friend could create any pokemon on his computer

Nothing better than a legit one coming from Platinum though :P
But yeah, creating Pok�s is pretty easy xd

Munna
02-07-2015, 02:27 PM

I'm won't complain lol

Hell yaaaassss, this so hard. I would love that omg all pokemon forums are so shitty and I'd love to see a boom here ;-;

Ooh and yeah, I love SoulSilver so much it's probably my favorite, but the newer gen games are really awesome, I can't lie. I love the new features and stuff. c:

Suicune
02-07-2015, 02:27 PM
i have 2 normal ones but its just not the saame

Ban
02-07-2015, 02:36 PM
I know xD
I have basically every legendary including Hoopa and Volcanion, normal and shiny forms :P

Munna
02-07-2015, 02:39 PM
Dude it's gonna be so bad when people start selling more and more pokemon here I'm gonna be broke. Discord you should sell Pokemon cataloging/pokedex-ing of your legendaries and shinies, people would probably pay for that and you literally wouldn't have to lose anything x)

Ban
02-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Dude it's gonna be so bad when people start selling more and more pokemon here I'm gonna be broke. Discord you should sell Pokemon cataloging/pokedex-ing of your legendaries and shinies, people would probably pay for that and you literally wouldn't have to lose anything x)

I'm thinking of doing that, just not so sure yet xD
I mean... for how much should I sell them? D:
And I don't have Paypal/Credit Card (which is why I almost never do transactions for Neo stuff) ;_;

pollysaid
02-07-2015, 05:46 PM
First generation!!!! Good times glitching Yellow and using my game shark. The Surfing Pikachu mini game was the best. So many good memories. <3

Sinnamoon
02-07-2015, 06:42 PM
I loved Pokemon Crystal, cause that was my first game. Loved how huge the two regions were, and I really liked all the Pokemon designs. So many good memories.

Allegra
02-07-2015, 06:51 PM
Johto region (second generation) just cause it was my first game so it has soo much nostalgia for me.
Followed by sapphire/ruby :)

Accelerator
02-07-2015, 10:52 PM
3rd gen, Emerald to be more precise (Because, like posted above, was my first game too XD). I still remember struggling at the beginning, I also remember when I caught Rayquaza with a regular pokeball, I was freaking out :o_o:...Aaaand, I think I didn't save or the batteries ran out (like, no kidding -_-). I used to play with the purple GBA e.e
Ahh... Good times :)

Mama Bear
02-07-2015, 11:04 PM
Second Gen, Gold and Silver, for me. I think those games have the best level of improving upon the original versions. After that some of the changes made, like the Beauty Contests etc, were just annoying and superfluous. I find it difficult to play the newer released games because they've deviated so much from what I loved about the games of the 90s. I can understand why younger people might be fonder of them though, as they didn't grow up playing the originals.

Accelerator
02-07-2015, 11:14 PM
^Oh god, idk why your post reminded me of Whitney and her miltank ._.

Mama Bear
02-07-2015, 11:19 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

I liked the challenge.

Accelerator
02-07-2015, 11:26 PM

I liked the challenge.

LMAO I was getting nothing on the first link (because you didn't use the img tag correctly :P (?)) and the second one, yeah -_-
Every f..ing time she used attract and then rollout I was like:
That pic. is kinda creepy e.e
And after finally defeating her, ugh -_-

Spoildlittleme
02-08-2015, 12:10 AM
For me it has to be Sapphire! I remember my sister having hers and I could not comprehend as to why there could be 1 saved game and we would share that one and every time she wanted to play on the gameboy mine would be lost as I would not turn it off and I couldn't save.. Man all of them restarts though were rough :(

Cub
02-08-2015, 06:29 AM
second (gold/silver/crystal)

i own two crystal games at home becasue I didnt want to delete my progress on one :$

kittyray
02-10-2015, 12:48 AM
The only ones I've played through in entirety is first. But I feel like I did a lot of second, but I can't remember. But then I never made much progress after that. But I recently decided to start playing again and I'm working my way through the reboots. I just finished most of LeafGreen and decided to skip on to SoulSilver, but I haven't actually started yet.

spleef35
02-10-2015, 07:00 AM
HGSS, simply because gen 2 pokemon are my favorites. I loved gen 4, but Diamond/Pearl had a terrible lack of fire types.

tf4trftf43
02-15-2015, 03:15 PM
definitely ruby/sapphire/emerald. i ADORE the hoenn region and it's always been my favourite which was why i was very happy when alpha sapphire and omega ruby released :) ive always followed a predictable pattern of playing the sapphire version and choosing mudkip.

TheLargeOne
02-28-2015, 03:29 PM
Pokemon Emerald was my childhood. It's just such a good game.

serpent
03-01-2015, 02:22 AM
Definitely Red. I played it till my eyes gave up and I had to get glasses. lol

Hurricane
03-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Fire Red and Leaf Green, i played all the games prior to these but both games were amazing for their time.

Agrippa
03-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Pokemon Yellow for sure was the best. Just the nostalgia of moving around with the freaking Pikashu on my back thinking I was going to become a Pokemon Master and all! True story guys, I had a good childhood...

KJiU
03-03-2015, 11:16 AM
Blue , Silver , Sapphire , fire red

Sakuras
03-11-2015, 03:12 PM
RSE and GSC if we're going by nostalgia. But I'm really liking 6th gen too right now. :D

angelicaxx
05-17-2015, 06:31 AM
2nd generation for me, cuz this generation is the first Pokemon game I had played on GB.

Mothman
05-17-2015, 09:09 PM
3rd gen for sure!! Best towns, best pokemon, best everything :)

Mindfang
05-18-2015, 10:10 AM
2nd gen

lugia, crobat, steelix, typhlosion, totodile line... like god damn theres just so many unproblematic favs in that gen

Sakuras
05-18-2015, 04:39 PM
2nd and 3rd gen fo sho.

Gotta love HGSS/ORAS too tho for the nostalgia trip.

looklook123123
05-18-2015, 04:45 PM
I wish we could see Johto in 3D. That would mean if it were a remake we could see Kanto in 3D as well :P

With Johto being so small, I could really see some amazing 3D remakings of it ie slowpoke well, ruins of alph (anyone else pissed at how much simpler they made the puzzles? I swear I spent hours as a 6 year old on the originals), Kurt's home, even nugget bridge

Kind of rambling but my point is clear I think

ribossoma
05-18-2015, 11:04 PM
2nd generation for me, cuz this generation is the first Pokemon game I had played on GB.
Just like me :D
7-year-old mini-me nearly died of happiness when he got Pokemon Crystal on Christmas. By far my favorite game.

Heironymus
05-21-2015, 05:16 PM
1st Gen was the classic, a thing every kid should experience early. I don't care if it's outdated yo. You gotta start with the basics.

But the real fav was 2nd Generation- same world graphics, same interfaces, but the boundaries were being slightly pushed with sprites, story lines, new item functions. It was a perfection of the original formula.

The only downside was that the cartridge batteries (non-emulator, lol) die after 10 years, and you probably lose all your data if you haven't saved a backup somewhere. But if you have a soldering iron, you can just swap the original batteries for higher end ones and easily double that lifespan. Did it on a Gold, Silver, & Crystal for me and my GF.

One thing I really appreciate is the fact that the older designs allow for a more imagined world. The newest stuff is all fleshed out, and just doesn't fullfill the real potential of a Pokemon world. If I had half a billion dollars, I would no joke infringe on Nintendo's copyright and create an illegal and grim Pokemon RPG/small MMO.

Skarl
05-24-2015, 04:35 AM
I'm loyal/preferential to First Generation because it came out when I was a child, so it was my first exposure. Plus, Snorlax is my favorite and his oh-so radical number -- 143 -- indicates that he loves me!

However, Arceus makes me excited (Fourth Generation). I'm a Normal(MONO)-type fan.

Aglett
05-28-2015, 11:11 PM
Sapphire. I still have the game at my house, but not sure if it's still working because I haven't play on it for a long time.

TwistyBR
05-29-2015, 05:27 AM
My favorite game is platinum, i havent played since the first generation though

Twisty BR

lana_lang
05-29-2015, 07:53 AM
I love the 2nd gen and the current one... (:

Teal
05-29-2015, 10:27 AM
My favorite games are hands down Ruby and Sapphire.
I really liked Crystal but I lost it. ;;

Lightz
06-02-2015, 09:15 AM
yellow!!! Best classic

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

crystal is not too bad :rolleyes:

Skiman99
06-02-2015, 10:18 AM
probable 5 gen. First pokemon game I ever played.

2ndgradel0v3
06-02-2015, 10:19 AM
oooh thats a tough one, there are a few i really like

Melissa
06-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Ruby and Sapphire was honestly my favorite gaming experience, but generation 2 had my favorite pokemon.

Luthiel
06-03-2015, 01:09 PM
My favorite experience is Pok�mon Crater. 1st Gen was the classic, a thing every kid should experience early. I don't care if it's outdated yo. You gotta start with the basics.

But the real fav was 2nd Generation- same world graphics, same interfaces, but the boundaries were being slightly pushed with sprites, story lines, new item functions. It was a perfection of the original formula.

The only downside was that the cartridge batteries (non-emulator, lol) die after 10 years, and you probably lose all your data if you haven't saved a backup somewhere. But if you have a soldering iron, you can just swap the original batteries for higher end ones and easily double that lifespan. Did it on a Gold, Silver, & Crystal for me and my GF.

One thing I really appreciate is the fact that the older designs allow for a more imagined world. The newest stuff is all fleshed out, and just doesn't fullfill the real potential of a Pokemon world. If I had half a billion dollars, I would no joke infringe on Nintendo's copyright and create an illegal and grim Pokemon RPG/small MMO.