PDA

View Full Version : Want to easily find new artists to listen to?

Fleur
01-20-2015, 06:25 AM
I've been spending the last few years downloading monthly playlists from birp.fm. They basically compile a monthly playlist packed with all these indie/obscure artists that you can listen to. You never know, you might find your next fave artist! They have all kinds of genres, so it's super fun to listen to and delve into new genres of music. :~)

If you find an artist you like, you could also use this tool from last.fm: [Only registered and activated users can see links] to find artists that are similar to the ones you like.

I sound like a spam advertisement thread lol.

VitaminX
01-20-2015, 06:44 AM
I use last.fm a lot, problem is, they only recommend shit I already know :')
And there's the same artists every time, unless it's a completely different genre.

JordBarb
01-20-2015, 03:01 PM
I use last.fm a lot, problem is, they only recommend shit I already know :')
And there's the same artists every time, unless it's a completely different genre.

I have the same issue. :P

I typically use Songza, search for the song/artist, and then browse the related or suggestions. I also search online for user made Songza playlists. :)

I_royalty_I
01-20-2015, 03:15 PM
I gave it a shot, there were some songs I liked in there and some I did not like one bit.
I started using spotify quite a bit last semester, I like how they have all sorts of playlists with songs Ive never heard!