PDA

View Full Version : Good workouts for at home?

Misha
01-19-2015, 06:48 PM
I'm wondering what good workouts I could implement into my every day life that I can do at home. I'm not necessarily looking to lose weight, but rather strengthen and tone my body, as well as feel better physically because I'm very out of shape. I have a bad anxiety disorder and IBS, so I'm trying to work out and kind of generally just feel better. Will +rep for good ideas!!

Bettser
01-19-2015, 06:48 PM
Will +rep for this as well.

Young
01-19-2015, 06:55 PM
I'm wondering what good workouts I could implement into my every day life that I can do at home. I'm not necessarily looking to lose weight, but rather strengthen and tone my body, as well as feel better physically because I'm very out of shape. I have a bad anxiety disorder and IBS, so I'm trying to work out and kind of generally just feel better. Will +rep for good ideas!!

I do
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
:$ It's rly good imo~~~

Goten
01-19-2015, 07:05 PM
Insanity is doable.

Bettser
01-19-2015, 07:08 PM
Insanity is doable.

I tried Ab Ripper X before, and completed the first cycle but the yoga days were such a bore to me. I couldnt finish it. Is Insanity more "fun"?

Guy
01-19-2015, 07:10 PM
Pull-ups/pushups/lunges/squats/dips for resistance training, and jump rope/running for cardio! you can jump rope at home so it's more convenient, but lots of people don't know how to skip rope so running is a decent alternative ~

Once bodyweight workouts become too easy, you should pick up a weighted vest for the added resistance.
I have a gym membership so I mostly use weights, but you could def get a decent body thru calisthenics if you work at it. good luck!

Alsoo consider a diet high in health fats/protein & low in sugar and carbs
you gotta make sure you take in enough calories to encourage muscle growth :D diets prolly more important than the exercise

Allegra
01-19-2015, 07:15 PM
you should definitely try Kayla Itsines' guides :)

Ghosts
01-19-2015, 07:30 PM
I like insanity too, too cold to walk to the gym in the mornings now haha.

Misha
01-19-2015, 07:34 PM
Damn son! I'll definitely look in to everyones ideas, thanks! And yeah, its too damn cold outside to do anything lol

j03
01-19-2015, 07:40 PM
Torrent those videos^

But basically pushing yourself to sweat by running, doing push-ups, pull ups on a tree, sit-ups, etc.

Goten
01-19-2015, 07:50 PM
I tried Ab Ripper X before, and completed the first cycle but the yoga days were such a bore to me. I couldnt finish it. Is Insanity more "fun"?

I wouldn't call it fun but the exercises aren't impossible to do for casual trainers. After about a week of being on it and eating right, you should be able to get through the entire videos without having heart attacks.:P

zxzero
01-19-2015, 08:09 PM
Go to walmart and grab a $5 weight, you can get them up to 35 pounds I think. I started at 30 and can only do 5 reps or so, but after those 5 reps I take a little break do another 1-2, take a small break do another 1-2, repeat until you can't lift the weight any more. Tie that weight you bought to a old hockey stick, or just a large roundish stick with a long rope, twirl the rope around the stick and put your arms over your head and the weight behind your back, now use your hands to twirl the rope up and down, if its too heavy buy a small round weight with a hole in the centre, used for bench presses. That will work out your arms and back.

For the legs I do squats, grab 2 shopping bags, the plastic ones and shove some potatoes or something heavy in it. Proceed to do squats.

For abs you can go the free way, find a playground near you with a bar. Hopefully not a lot of kids go there to play so you can do your workout without having to take much breaks. Hold on upside down by your legs and lift your body up like you are doing crunches. The alternative way would be to buy a bar that you can stick into a doorway and do it that way. The bars will usually run you about $10.

I am planning on getting a small bench for more workouts, legs etc. but I am cheap and don't wanna buy a new one so I am just searching for now while working out my arms.

Grab some Creatine Monohydrate, a $5 bottle will be good for a month or so. Make sure the ingredient is Creatine Monohydrate as you will pay a lot more if it has added stuff that has no research done on it.

Or you can opt to go for the Frank merando workout I have the pdf for it, but you can adjust it to your needs. Like I think the running is run as hard as you can for 30 minutes, you can start out by jogging or walking until you have enough stamina built up to do the full out workout.

The PDF is posted below.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

01-19-2015, 09:31 PM
100 squats. Stand straight up, then go as low as damn you can, hold for a few seconds, come back up

do it 4x25

iAirHeartz
01-20-2015, 09:05 PM
I haven't had the motivation to workout lately but I just torrented the T25 workouts because they're crazy expensive and they look pretty good to me + it seems to give good results.

I can't remember exactly where I got it from but I'm sure a quick google search will get you a couple results. c:

WaterWings
01-25-2015, 02:03 PM
Do the squat challenge, or some yoga. Also, I have anxiety and was told I had "IBS" which isn't a real thing, it's an umbrella term for we don't know what's exactly wrong with you lol. I cured mine, my stomach has never been better. Yoga really helps with anxiety.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Also, on that note. Your anxiety probably is a huge factor in your stomach issues.

looklook123123
01-28-2015, 11:27 AM
Good workouts for me involve me using my smaller set of dumbbells (only can put like 25-30 on each since it's all I have) but doing curls, overheads, shoulder shrugs. things like that with weights. when you do abs though try to avoid sit-ups/crunches. Those can mess up your back and neck. Do things like "super'mans" or russian twists, bicycles and leg lifts!

Vindictive
01-28-2015, 12:16 PM
I haven't had the motivation to workout lately but I just torrented the T25 workouts because they're crazy expensive and they look pretty good to me + it seems to give good results.

I can't remember exactly where I got it from but I'm sure a quick google search will get you a couple results. c:

Id like more info if you find out where you got the workouts from :D please

iAirHeartz
02-02-2015, 11:55 PM
Id like more info if you find out where you got the workouts from :D please

I'm pretty sure I found it on Kickass Torrents :o

DarkByte
02-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Xbox fitness on xbox one is great for this , they have many different workouts and the kinect camera detects ur heartbeat ect and how many calories ur burning. It also ranks you on how good your doing and gives u a score ect.

02-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Xbox fitness on xbox one is great for this , they have many different workouts and the kinect camera detects ur heartbeat ect and how many calories ur burning. It also ranks you on how good your doing and gives u a score ect.

As sad as it sounds, I used to use the Wii Fit for jogging, I would just grab the remote put it on "Island" route or something and it's like a 30minutes work out of just running. I honestly don't know if it helps because I'm not really "fat" just a tad out of shape and lazy, but it made me sweat so it must have helped someway just not extremely noticeable. I only done it for like 2days in a row every so often. So with a more intense like 5 day a week 30m - 1 hour jogs could impact. Then ?cardio? will lower your fat and then using other basic exercises will help increase muscle.

DarkByte
02-08-2015, 06:22 PM
As sad as it sounds, I used to use the Wii Fit for jogging, I would just grab the remote put it on "Island" route or something and it's like a 30minutes work out of just running. I honestly don't know if it helps because I'm not really "fat" just a tad out of shape and lazy, but it made me sweat so it must have helped someway just not extremely noticeable. I only done it for like 2days in a row every so often. So with a more intense like 5 day a week 30m - 1 hour jogs could impact. Then ?cardio? will lower your fat and then using other basic exercises will help increase muscle.

Xbox fitness it a bit more advanced the kinnect is pretty amazing , it can detect when ur flexing a certain muscle for e.g and will show ur skeleton/muscles on screen. As u twist ur arm the muscles that are being used will show up in red on the screen. It detects ur heartbeat because when ur heartbeats there is a tiny pulse in ur face , the kinnect can detect that. The camera is night vision too so it will see you in the dark. Pretty awsome stuff.

Best thing about it is they release so many different fitness videos , all the popular ones like zumba ect are on there , there is kickboxing ones , yoga ect. Some you have to buy but there is alot of free ones too :).

rachel
02-09-2015, 06:48 PM
I actually started the Kayla Itsine's Bikini Body Guide a few weeks back because of this thread.
The scale has gotten super stagnant (I'm used to losing, but I've actually gained a couple in the past few weeks), but I don't get nearly as sore anymore, and I can kinda feel myself getting stronger.
I did decide to cut back on carbs again and increase my lean proteins to see if that might be a factor, since I started adding (a lot of) those back in around the start of the year.

I guess we'll see how my progress pictures compare when all is said and done. :P