PDA

View Full Version : Might need a new phone, but broke.. suggestions?

Naomi
11-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Sooo, I literally just got my phone replaced (for free) by Google because it died on me, and then today, I left it in my afternoon class accidentally. It was dead, so i couldn't call it or anything like that, and as soon as I realized I didn't have it (aka as soon as I got back to my room), I turned around and went back to class. However it was already gone. -___- and no one turned it in to the front desk, and my professor didn't see it on his way out, so yeah. I think it's gone for good (I'll still give it a little more time, but I'm not hopeful.) If only it wasn't dead, I could track it, but alas.

Assuming I can't find it, I need to get a new phone, quickly and for as cheaply as possible. What are everyone's suggestions? I might just get another Nexus, but are there are any other cheaper phones on the market? Obviously, an iphone 6 is out of the question lol. I'm not spending more than $350 (and preferably less.) Also how do people feel about getting used phones? I'd love to get a phone for less money, but I also am nervous about droppping $150-200 and then just having THAT phone die on me. The nice thing about google is they'll replace defective phones.

chiro
11-10-2014, 10:43 PM
I'd say go with a Galaxy Note 4. I just got it, I love it.

But it's also in the $300 range with a 2 year contract.

But that sucks.

teddy
11-11-2014, 03:56 PM
I bought a LG Optimus L90 like a month ago for 100, no contract. Definitely one of the better deals out there :)

Octopus
11-11-2014, 04:00 PM
getting used phones irk me.. never have had a good experience with them.
I suggest a samsung avant. great phone for cheap. I got mine for free through t-mobile.

Water
11-11-2014, 05:49 PM
With your luck with phones, you might as well get a nokia. :rolleyes:

Naomi
11-11-2014, 10:26 PM
NEVERMIND WE GOOD TURNS OUT I STUCK MY PHONE INSIDE MY KNEE-HIGH BOOT (THE BOOT I WAS WEARING YESTERDAY) AND I FORGOT ABOUT IT.

So I was walking around searching for this damn phone, and it was in my boot the whole time. And I managed to even take my boots off and not realize the phone was in there lol....

But then I found it, so yeah.

thanks guys for the suggestions tho, ill keep those in mind for when my next phone crisis inevitably happens (loooool Water has a point)

Charlie
11-12-2014, 01:55 PM
NEVERMIND WE GOOD TURNS OUT I STUCK MY PHONE INSIDE MY KNEE-HIGH BOOT (THE BOOT I WAS WEARING YESTERDAY) AND I FORGOT ABOUT IT.

So I was walking around searching for this damn phone, and it was in my boot the whole time. And I managed to even take my boots off and not realize the phone was in there lol....

But then I found it, so yeah.

thanks guys for the suggestions tho, ill keep those in mind for when my next phone crisis inevitably happens (loooool Water has a point)

HAHAHA That's absolutely hilarious and wonderful that you found your phone! One less expense ^^

I'm actually considering buying a new phone, so your thread was helpful to hear what people suggest. I've had an iphone 4 for 3 years now, so I think it's time for a change...!

Naomi
11-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Charlie if it's worth anything, I actually really like my phone, a Google Nexus. c: It is imo comparable to a samsung galaxy or an iphone... but half the price. xD

Charlie
11-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Naomi

Alright, thank you! I'll check it out :)