PDA

View Full Version : Then/Than Guide

whatareyoudoingomgSTOP
02-09-2012, 07:55 PM
So many people on this forum suffer from not knowing the difference between "then" and "than!" So I want to help you guys!

basically...

Then = time
Than = comparison

I like Jimmy more THAN Timmy

I'm going to the park THEN meeting up with Sally.

Grammar confusion!:
"He's dumber then I thought."

Then you thought what?

"He's dumber than I thought."

Correct!

Tricky ones:
I like vegetables, but THEN again, no I don't.
If you want to talk, let me get online, THEN.

People I've seen make the then/than mistake are:
[Kristin said it was rude]

and some others just too lazy to look. I hope I helped you guys out, and sound smart on the computer like you are in real life! Yayyyyy

Carrot
02-09-2012, 08:20 PM
So you make this guide and than what? You become cooler then me?

Kristin
02-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the grammar lesson, but it's pretty rude to call people out unless they're ok with it.

Slasher
02-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Thanks, it can be useful for people that aren't native english speaker. Actually I hope I'm not doing anymore mistakes about then/than.

whatareyoudoingomgSTOP
02-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the grammar lesson, but it's pretty rude to call people out unless they're ok with it.

I'm only helping them out o_o Just trying to get their attention. Is a teacher rude for telling Jimmy he spelled trichotillomania wrong? Nope ^______________^

Kristin
02-09-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm only helping them out o_o Just trying to get their attention. Is a teacher rude for telling Jimmy he spelled trichotillomania wrong? Nope ^______________^

Because that's a teachers job.

Ryan~
02-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Yeah, don't call people out. That's like that whole "Creep of the Week" on Facebook, lol.

whatareyoudoingomgSTOP
02-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Because that's a teachers job.

i am a teacher

Slasher
02-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Maybe pm them instead of posting their name in your topic. It's rude and not very kind, even if it's to help them.

Harry Potter
02-09-2012, 10:03 PM
OMG WHAT KIND OF GRAMMER LESSON IS DIS?

i also dont use proper there their to too a an

:rolleyes:

Razor
02-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Eh I disagree, people need to learn one way or another. But this IZ the internets, no one should care about grammar here.

Ryan~
02-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Eh I disagree, people need to learn one way or another. But this IZ the internets, no one should care about grammar here.

In my opinion, grammar is essentially anywhere if you wish to be considered as an intelligent individual.

But nice guide :))

whatareyoudoingomgSTOP
02-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Maybe pm them instead of posting their name in your topic. It's rude and not very kind, even if it's to help them.

hater needs to stop hating

IndigoSunset
02-09-2012, 11:16 PM
hater needs to stop hating

With a name like Slasher, graters gonna grate
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Razor
02-09-2012, 11:22 PM
With a name like Slasher, graters gonna grate
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Thanks for the laugh indigo lol!