PDA

View Full Version : My Google Nexus 5 won't turn on... now what :(

Naomi
10-03-2014, 03:54 PM
So it just randomly turned off today, and I got home and tried to charge it, but it just keeps flashing the 'google' sign and vibrating and then turning back off. I tried to reboot it but it just keeps flashing the reboot screen and then turning back off...

Anyone else have this problem? I searched it on google, but nothing I tried has worked so far, and some people who explain possible fixes use techy jargon I don't understand. :'(

Octopus
10-03-2014, 03:56 PM
if your phone has a lock/power off button..
clean it REALLY good and bang it on a desk or something. the button could be lodged/stuck in place and is causing your phone to bootloop! Exact same thing Happened to my phone last week and doing this has fixed my problem.
I strongly suggest trying this before you do anything serious to your phone. :) Naomi

XxGevaudanxX
10-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Make sure there isn�t any dust or lint in the power port.
Using the original power adapter and USB cable, plug your Nexus device into a functioning power outlet. Nexus phones and tablets have specific power requirements, and the USB cable and power adapter that are included are designed to meet those requirements.
Press & hold the Volume down button. While holding Volume down, press & hold the Power button for at least 10 seconds until you see an Android robot and the word Start on the screen.
Press the Volume down button until Power off is highlighted. Press the Power button to select that option.
Once your device turns off, disconnect the charger, then reconnect it. A battery icon should appear on your screen.
Charge your Nexus device for at least 1 hour before turning it back on.

Naomi
10-03-2014, 04:08 PM
That made sense to me Octopus but I've tried my darnedest to get any last bit of dust or dirt out and it still isn't working for me. :c

Unfortunately my phone will only flash the android robot and then power back off, so I can't do the next part of the reboot. :/

But thanks both of you guys, I'll +rep...
and then mope around some more until my roomie gets home and I can borrow her phone to call google haha...

unless anyone else has ideas!

XxGevaudanxX
10-03-2014, 04:22 PM
That made sense to me Octopus but I've tried my darnedest to get any last bit of dust or dirt out and it still isn't working for me. :c

Unfortunately my phone will only flash the android robot and then power back off, so I can't do the next part of the reboot. :/

But thanks both of you guys, I'll +rep...
and then mope around some more until my roomie gets home and I can borrow her phone to call google haha...

unless anyone else has ideas!

I know this was probably done, but have you tried doing all the steps there with it plugged in on the charger?

Naomi
10-03-2014, 04:25 PM
I know this was probably done, but have you tried doing all the steps there with it plugged in on the charger?

Yeah it won't turn respond at all without a charger..

but you know, I guess there is a chance that my charger isn't effective anymore. I'll try using my friend's and see if that by any chance helps.

Octopus
10-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Yeah it won't turn respond at all without a charger..

but you know, I guess there is a chance that my charger isn't effective anymore. I'll try using my friend's and see if that by any chance helps.

Did you hit your phone hard enough on the side that the power button is on? Make sure you've done it hard and several times! Sorry :(

Naomi
10-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Did you hit your phone hard enough on the side that the power button is on? Make sure you've done it hard and several times! Sorry :(

I'm hitting pretty hard, I'm afraid I will break it even more than it already is. xD It did seem to have some impact though, at one point it seemed to be starting to turn on (like more than it was before), but then it turned back off again siiiighhhh... maybe i'll hit it a bit more. xD this seems counter-intuitive LOL

Octopus
10-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Lol what i did was hit it hard af and kind of get it soaked with alcohol to disolve any shit

Naomi
10-04-2014, 01:53 AM
lmao omg I'm surprised your phone is still functional x) alcohol seems... scary

BUT actually! it works! Not sure if it was the hitting it that did it or what, but it just randomly turned on after like 6 hours of it being dead aha. Yaaaay! Hopefully it doesn't happen again... :/