PDA

View Full Version : Ban thread?

Cheese
09-28-2014, 01:03 AM
Maybe have a thread with members that have been recently banned with a short note on why?

Simply because I've noticed a few people who have been banned recently are people who have reached out to me on Skype and I don't know why they were banned/don't want to be scammed if they were banned for malicious activity.

Also I'm nosy and saw this on another forum. :rolleyes:

Drizzy
09-28-2014, 01:11 AM
A ban list already exists, it's viewable by everyone official clraik rank and higher :)

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Accelerator
09-28-2014, 02:20 AM
I think adding a "see ban reason" link/button on banned user posts/profiles would be neat, because searching through 45 pages of banned users is a bit of a pain (unless they were recently banned). Also IMO some ban reasons do not exactly explain why was someone banned :/

Ked
09-28-2014, 03:44 AM
Why isn't it available to lower ranks? Seeing people's ban reason shouldn't be a privilege .
Should be available to everybody .

Bettser
09-28-2014, 06:23 AM
Why isn't it available to lower ranks? Seeing people's ban reason shouldn't be a privilege .
Should be available to everybody .

Its something thats earned... Its a privilege for dedication to the site.

rachel
09-28-2014, 08:10 AM
I don't think it needs to be available to everyone...
I'm not going to lie and say that I don't check the ban list every time someone gets banned to see what's up (because I totally do that), but I trust that the Staff makes the decisions that they do for good reason, even if I don't know the reasons.
I don't have to know that someone scammed or repeatedly harassed/insulted so-and-so for me not to want to deal with them. Their being banned already tells me that.
I can definitely see why it's a privilege and not something that everyone has access to.

Also, in my experience, if a ban reason is ever unclear/ambiguous or I feel strongly enough about a person to want to discuss it for more understanding and clarification, the mods have always been very responsive to helping explain in more detail.
Disclaimer: I'm not saying that we should all ask all the mods every time someone gets banned because that's a giant waste of time and they're busy people. I've only ever asked about "close" friends or when someone tries to contact me off-site.

Sorry for rambling, oops.

Cheese
09-28-2014, 08:16 AM
Having the list as a privilege is definitely understandable. Thanks for clarifying!

I_royalty_I
09-28-2014, 09:06 AM
Like Rachel said, if you ever have an issue where you're dealing with somebody through PM', Skype, or whatever else and notice they are banned, feel free to ask why. A lot of the time, people are just curious, and I sometimes ignore requests like that, just because it's usually not a big deal.

Get to official ck and all your curiosities will be enlightened. You can do it :P