PDA

View Full Version : Sims 4

hamstergleufje
08-27-2014, 03:07 AM
As a Sims fan I'm really looking forward to this, tried the Create-A-Sim demo already, and the costumization options look really cool.

It's gonna be released Sept 4, who's excited? :surprise:

Lilacs
08-27-2014, 04:00 AM
I was super excited but then I realized I don't have space for it on bootcamp, and I need the space I have left on my mac. :c

apayton
08-27-2014, 07:11 AM
I'm excited but friggin annoyed they got rid of toddlers, pools, open world, babies are chained to a bassinet and sims disappear when going off homelot eg- to work (sims 1 much?), no cars, most of the old careers gone, ect...

Arciifer
08-27-2014, 07:34 PM
I'm quite excited as well! But I didn't realize they were taking out as much stuff as apayton said. Hmm...

Monkiez
08-27-2014, 08:24 PM
Oh! Imma have to try it myself. I've only seen demonstrations of the new CAS. Glad they decided to tone it down in regards to the number of dials and what not. XP

Munna
08-28-2014, 09:50 AM
I am a little disappointed as well in the things they left out, but I have hope that they're either releasing expansion packs or leaving it up to players to create some killer mods. I was going to pre-order but now I think I'll wait to see how everyone else likes it. x)

Zyia
08-28-2014, 12:41 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with the Sims.. I usually play it hardcore for a few weeks, and then realise what am I doing? and stop playing for months and months, uninstall it, only to get the itch to play it again, and go through the process of downloading everything and installing once more. At the moment I have 500g dedicated to Sims 3. 500 gig. 500. My gosh, that's insane! My daughter and her friend love to play it, but mostly for the pets, however when EA was giving out Sims 2 and all expansions a few months ago, I got that and they are enjoying that more.

Off my tangent, I am excited for Sims 4, but then I was linked to what they are leaving out at launch for Sims 4 and am not so excited now. So we'll see. I'll be trying it out, though most likely I'll try to see if a pirated site manages to unlock it before I shell out 60$ for it.

Ent
09-05-2014, 04:15 PM
No one else has posted here since it came out so I'm curious ... how is everyone liking it so far? I have so say overall I've been very pleased and it's a marked improvement over the Sims 3 base game for me. The only thing I miss is the "open neighborhood" but I do NOT miss the lag that came along with it. I also miss family trees, but I feel like we will see those when we get toddlers. I REALLY like the way emotions play into available actions and the unlockable items.

From what I've seen on Reddit/elsewhere people have really polar reactions to it -- they love it or hate it. I'm in the former camp and really can't wait to see what the first EP is going to be. :)

Charlie
09-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Did anyone buy it?! I'm curious to hear how good/bad it is. I have yet to read any reviews.
I bought Sims3 on steam for $15 this summer, and I'm still trying to figure it out.
(I've been playing Sims2 since it came out. Old schoolin' it, yup!)

artichokeheart
09-11-2014, 01:55 AM
I've heard really mixed reviews for the Sims 4 so far.

Some love it, some hate it. I haven't tried it myself yet but I'll probably hold off a while until it drops in price.

For now, I'll just keep adding new custom content to my Sims 3 to keep it new and interesting. c: