PDA

View Full Version : More Paypal help. +rep to whoever solves my problem!

Kristin
02-05-2012, 04:51 PM
This is a continuation of this thread: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

I have a "dummy" PayPal account. I created it to avoid a chargeback that would set my bank account back. But I cannot verify the account or link my bank account to it, so I can't get the money off. I thought I'd be able to just send the money to my main PayPal, but it says I have $0 sending limit because I'm unverified. I have 1 credit card and 1 debit card and 1 bank account, which are all linked to my main PayPal...so I can't link them to a second account.

I have no way of verifying the account or my address or anything. I thought I'd be able to just request a check, but I can't unless my address is verified.

I need to money badly, and I want to be able to use this method in the future.

What should I do?

Carrot
02-05-2012, 04:53 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

You can buy a Virtual Credit Card and link it to your dummy account. Paypal will think it's a real credit card and you'll get verified. I haven't personally used this, but I know people who have and they have been successful.

Kristin
02-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Carrot
Can I do it all online?

bamag
02-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Make a Canada or Australia Paypal account. It lets you send without verifying.

Kristin
02-05-2012, 04:55 PM

Yes, I know that for the future. But right now I need to get the money off the one I have now.

Carrot
02-05-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm pretty sure it's all online, but I don't know too much about it.

bamag
02-05-2012, 04:57 PM
You could try verifying with a prepaid visa card or something?

Kristin
02-05-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm pretty sure it's all online, but I don't know too much about it.

Website says "currently doesn't work with USA country."

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

I'd prefer not to spend any money to get this to work.

Carrot
02-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Why doesn't sending a check home work? That's how I got my paypal verified originally.

Kristin
02-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Why doesn't sending a check home work? That's how I got my paypal verified originally.

I have to verify my address with a credit or debit card, which are already linked to my main PayPal.

Slasher
02-05-2012, 05:03 PM
I guess you should either connect a bank account and wait, pay charges or ask someone to transfer the money?

Kristin
02-05-2012, 05:05 PM
I guess you should either connect a bank account and wait, pay charges or ask someone to transfer the money?

Like I said, my bank acct is already linked to my main PayPal. Can't have it on 2.
Not sure what you mean by pay charges? And...how would I have someone else send it?

Slasher
02-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Sorry, haven't read. Credit card too I guess?
Maybe there won't be charges if you are transfering with a Canadian/Australian account. I transfered money from my two paypals and didn't had charges.

Kristin
02-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Sorry, haven't read. Credit card too I guess?
Maybe there won't be charges if you are transfering with a Canadian/Australian account. I transfered money from my two paypals and didn't had charges.

I don't think you understand what I'm needing at all o.O

I have a USA acct. I'm trying to avoid chargebacks, which is not what you're saying. But that's irrelevant.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Basically, I need to know how to get my money without verifying or linking ANYTHING to the account.

bamag
02-05-2012, 05:09 PM
I don't think there's a method like that for US accounts at least :(

Kristin
02-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Is there a way for me to create a Canadian/Australian PayPal without having an address?

Slasher
02-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Aw ok, sorry x3 I guess it's not possible =/ Don't you know anyone that could lend you his credit card number?

Kristin
02-05-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm going to try removing my CC from my main PayPal and linking it to my dummy acct.

bamag
02-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Is there a way for me to create a Canadian/Australian PayPal without having an address?

Yeah sure. You can make up an address or you can use whitepages or something. I have an Australian account and its transferring fine without verification. The only downside is that you can only transfer like $4000 I believe.

Slasher
02-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Just type something like a MacDonald address in google maps an try entering it as your paypal address.

Kristin
02-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Yeah sure. You can make up an address or you can use whitepages or something. I have an Australian account and its transferring fine without verification. The only downside is that you can only transfer like $4000 I believe.

Well that would be fine. I don't usually transfer more than a couple hundred a month.

I may have to call PayPal. Damn them. Now my main PayPal is having trouble. Dx

Ryan~
02-05-2012, 05:30 PM

Can this be done if you're not in Canada/AUS?

Kristin
02-05-2012, 05:31 PM
No luck. Apparently once a CC has been linked to an account and then removed, it is "banned" from being linked to PayPal. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Ryan~
02-05-2012, 05:32 PM
^ Not true. I recently unlinked one of my credit cards and relinked it a few days later. Same with my bank account. I have 3 credit cards and 2 bank accounts. :P

One of the cards is a paypal card. ;D

Kristin
02-05-2012, 05:34 PM
^ Not true. I recently unlinked one of my credit cards and relinked it a few days later. Same with my bank account. I have 3 credit cards and 2 bank accounts. :P

One of the cards is a paypal card. ;D
So do I need to just wait a couple days and try linking it again?
This is the message I got:

Error Message
This credit card is disabled for entry into the PayPal website. Please add a different credit card instead.

Edit: I'm trying to link it to a different acct than it was originally linked to.

bamag
02-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Can this be done if you're not in Canada/AUS?
Yeah I'm in the US and I have an AUS acc.
Oh and you have to be careful with having multiple accounts.. Paypal says in their ToS that they can terminate all your accounts if you have multiple accounts..

Kristin
02-14-2012, 09:27 AM
Thanks to everyone for your help! Was finally able to link my husbands CC, transfer the money and close the account. Lesson learned!
I now know a lot more about PayPal and PP verification, so if you have questions (about US accounts) feel free to send me a PM!