PDA

View Full Version : Out of curiosity what languages are you all using now?

Integra
07-24-2014, 08:41 AM
I'm a little intrigued, can't decide whether to focus on VB.Net, Java or Python as my point of picking up a language again. My uni course focus' on java quite a bit at times thats what made me think about it. Looking for some opinions on what would be best.

bobby123456
07-24-2014, 03:01 PM
I don't know much about VB.net but I have used some Java and I'm learning Python now and I prefer Python a lot more

j03
07-24-2014, 03:33 PM
C#.NET is great.

Integra
07-24-2014, 08:54 PM
Thanks guys, I'll probably end up into C or Java the way I'm going :rolleyes:

j03
07-25-2014, 04:16 PM
It really falls down to what you're actually using your programming for.

Noxush
07-25-2014, 05:05 PM
Yeah, VB.NET used to be the language, then it started going more cross platform I believe, so now Java, Python and C# are all viable programming options Neo wise...
Infamous Joe

Do you know of any C# libraries or modules that are helpful for Neo?

j03
07-26-2014, 09:32 AM
Yeah, VB.NET used to be the language, then it started going more cross platform I believe, so now Java, Python and C# are all viable programming options Neo wise...
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Do you know of any C# libraries or modules that are helpful for Neo?

Everything is in our snippet section marked under [C#] that I can think of, really. Anything that might be useful to Neopets.

Integra
07-26-2014, 10:00 AM
@Infamous Joe Everything is in our snippet section marked under [C#] that I can think of, really. Anything that might be useful to Neopets.

Oh well if I wanna fiddle with some Neo Programming I'm better off with C# then?

j03
07-26-2014, 10:07 AM
Oh well if I wanna fiddle with some Neo Programming I'm better off with C# then?

People have made libraries for Neo in a handful of languages, actually. C#, Python, VB, Java, PHP, JavaScript... I even have one in C++ thanks to an old friend :P

Integra
07-26-2014, 10:09 AM
People have made libraries for Neo in a handful of languages, actually. C#, Python, VB, Java, PHP, JavaScript... I even have one in C++ thanks to an old friend :P

Java's the language I use the most at the moment, given its the language of choice at Uni, however, no Java for Semester 2 this year supposedly, going into a Mathematics and Database Subject "Yay!" *sarcastic yawn*