PDA

View Full Version : Am I Ridiculous for Possibly Suggesting a Legit-Only Discussion Section for Neopets?

Lincoln
07-22-2014, 01:21 AM
Although many, myself included, cheat, I have seen quite a few legit players here just to enjoy the forums. What if we had a variation of the normal neopets area (games, trades, chat), but it would be designated specifically for legit players? I realize that, in a way, this seems to go against everything that is clraik... but it may make it easier to differentiate for the players who don't even want to trade with illegit players. For some, the boards are something to be avoided, even if you're completely legit. A trade section for legit players could give these people more of an opportunity to socialize and trade, while avoiding those bitchy boards (looking at you, PC). A legit discussion section could house the more legit neo-guides. Some of the appeal here, that I haven't mentioned already, may be more aesthetic (such as an easier-to-navigate forum, IMO). But I do believe that a lot could be helped.

Of course, it's late and I wanted to contribute to this section; I could be completely stupid.

What do you guys think?

Fleur
07-22-2014, 01:23 AM
I think a trade section for legit pets/players would be pretty awesome, but that could just be it's on thread on our current Neopets Trade sectoin. Doesn't have to have it's whole subforum, I don't think.

Sociopath
07-22-2014, 01:26 AM
Meh. People knowingly trade with illegit people. Their trades just get reversed.

Just ask people from the BD chat and the PC lol.

Lincoln
07-22-2014, 01:31 AM
A while back, there was a KFlour going through auctions at 20mil on a nine year old account with LITERALLY nothing on it, and one basic pet. No cache anything. We were on the TC laughing at it, when one of my bigger TC buddies bid, won, and posted something along the lines of 'inb4 frozen.' He got iced immediately too xD. Some of those TCers can be badasses.
Sociopath

Allegra
07-22-2014, 01:32 AM
I think it's a good idea, actually ^_^ and like guides on building up your account legit etc etc. Might be cool

Demetri
07-22-2014, 01:50 AM
I think you're on a cheating site that if ever associated with your neo account (legit or illegitimate) would get you frozen before you could explain

I know a bunch of people (myself included) that do not cheat on their personal mains. Wouldn't really help to have a legit section cause the thin line blurs more & more all the time

Sociopath
07-22-2014, 02:19 AM
A while back, there was a KFlour going through auctions at 20mil on a nine year old account with LITERALLY nothing on it, and one basic pet. No cache anything. We were on the TC laughing at it, when one of my bigger TC buddies bid, won, and posted something along the lines of 'inb4 frozen.' He got iced immediately too xD. Some of those TCers can be badasses.
Sociopath

Oh yeah lol. They all try to take risks and it's like you're wasting everyone's time. You're going to get frozen and someone's going to have to unfreeze you yadadada. Just not bid.

And then there's ones that just flat out buy sketchy things and try to get away with it. A few BDers come to mind.

Lincoln
07-22-2014, 02:22 AM
Oh yeah lol. They all try to take risks and it's like you're wasting everyone's time. You're going to get frozen and someone's going to have to unfreeze you yadadada. Just not bid.

And then there's ones that just flat out buy sketchy things and try to get away with it. A few BDers come to mind.

Like 4/5 of the TC is sketchy, and I'd say 1/3 of the BD. I cannot stand the sketchy looking whistle blowers. Like, you're obviously just trying to seem more legit by fucking with everyone else :K

Bettser
07-22-2014, 05:03 AM
Theres also no way to enforce that ANYONE on this forum is legit. Its all trust.

Lincoln
07-22-2014, 05:57 PM
That makes sense.

I_royalty_I
07-22-2014, 06:07 PM
The legit forums for neopets are on neopets.com :P

This is where the magic happens, at clraik.com ;)

But really, there are a bunch of guides about legit things mixed in with illegit guides. And when you're trading, there is no way to be 100% legit. The moment something illegit gets traded to you, you become illegit, even if only slightly. It's a nice thought, but not really necessary at the moment

j03
07-22-2014, 09:19 PM
I believe the intentions of our Neopets Chat section along with every other game site chat section on clraik have the intentions of not just being illegitimate player discussions, but legitimate as well. So yes, you can discuss legitimate and illegitimate matters in the same section. :P