PDA

View Full Version : Obese workout help?

alqualine
07-12-2014, 10:13 PM
SO I'm fat. I'm always looking up at workout online and stuff... But, these are always thing fit people can do each time a day, like 150 push up, 200 squat &&& others workout that oh god, I cannot do these first, that much, second, in a day, or imma die.
Is there ANY nice workout for fat people...?
&&& Workout you can do at home is better for me, cause, no money for gym, for real.

Oh yeah, sorry, forgot to say; I'm almost 22, 5'6 around 230/240lbs. I'm fat, but I can move my ass, i'm just a lazy person, and kinda wanna change that ~

Raj
07-12-2014, 10:23 PM
i'm not sure how bad it is, but i'm guessing you're mobile enough to do running, jumping, etc?
if so, i did this one workout called insanity and its brought me hella results
you can find torrents for it all over the net and there's also videos online, just gotta find a schedule and "jump" right in ;D that was really bad im sorry

alqualine
07-12-2014, 10:34 PM
i'm not sure how bad it is, but i'm guessing you're mobile enough to do running, jumping, etc?
if so, i did this one workout called insanity and its brought me hella results
you can find torrents for it all over the net and there's also videos online, just gotta find a schedule and "jump" right in ;D that was really bad im sorry

Yeah sorry, forgot to say i'm not like 350 lbs and cannot move my own ass around ;_;
But.. isnt it insanity is too.. Harsh to start with? ;_; I'm I not gonna die the first minute?

Raj
07-12-2014, 10:52 PM
alqualine oh awk omg yeah insanity is kinda harsh to start with, regardless of weight but i started at idk 225 or somethin and im down to 2hunna but got swole

so..hm tbh i think you could get much better fitness advice at /r/Fitness ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) or /r/loseit ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) or the MyFitnessPal forums ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

i'm no fitness expert, sorryyyyy but i'm sure the people in those communities can help ^_^

Fleur
07-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Couch to 5k would probably help you! There are apps on iPhone/androids that can track your running. I personally haven't started myself 'cause I'm a lazy sack of... But I've heard great things about it!

Allegra
07-13-2014, 12:57 AM
I agree, definitely try couch to 5k for cardio fitness. There's also the 30 day shred by jillian michaels that isn't /too/ hard, but you will still find quite challenging. It has the 30 day component which is nice, to keep you on track- it'll incorporate some minimal strength training into your workout.

Frump
07-13-2014, 10:30 AM
Push ups and squats are great workouts to do if you don't have access to a gym :) You don't have to do 200 or 150 right off the bat. Set a goal for each week for that specific workout and then try to break it the next week.

These are some other workouts that I learned from my sisters bf (he's in the army and learned all this during drill and when he would hit up the gym) that don't require weights and you can do them at home:
- planks
- running man
- lunges
- bicycle crunches

Would recommend doing some beginners yoga too! Lots of fun.

Starry
07-13-2014, 10:50 AM
What's probably more important is to change your diet. I don't know how your lifestyle is, but if you start to eat healthier, you will automatically feel more fit to do any type of workout in the first place. I really like to grab my bike and start cycling for as long as I can handle.

Detox
07-13-2014, 11:10 AM
If you can afford a gym membership you ll definately should go to a gym. Gym always have instructors that can help you and guide you trough exercise and dieting.

If you cant afford a gym membership you should start eating less processed foods (candies, sodas, fried things) and consider eating healthier foods, such as cicken, pork, beef, whole wheat rice, yams, etc. You can eat as much as salad as you want to fill yourself.

And start "walking" at least 30 minutes everyday. Yes I wrote walking. If you walk a high speed, most of the calories burnt will come from fats deposits. But again if you want to keep muscle lost at minimum you should joind a gym or add some strength workout to preserve your muscle

chiro
07-14-2014, 06:42 AM
alqualine if you ever find yourself with money for a gym, I highly suggest checking out 'Curves' if you're afraid of normal ones. I started out at an insanely high weight and I've lost almost 150 (144 to be exact with todays weigh in) pounds, and I started there.

For at home workouts, I highly suggest walking (I use 'mapmywalk' & 'myfitnesspal' apps on my phone) and you should check out blogilates ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) - she has tons of beginner workout videos, and they are pretty amazing.

And as well as the obvious changing up your eating habits. My meals have pretty much been the same since I started losing weight, which has been:

Breakfast: Yogurt or Protein Shake
Lunch: Salad with chicken (strawberry or pomegranate vinaigrette, yum!)
Dinner: Chicken or Salmon with any kind of mixed veggies I have in my fridge.

And lots of water, I drink at minimum (4) 24oz bottles of water a day. As well as tea - no sugar, and I will have a cup of coffee first thing in the morning.

I started out wanting to kill myself because of going to the gym kicking my ass, but now I run 4-5x a week, do zumba 3x a week & go to the gym at 6:30 daily.

XxGevaudanxX
08-16-2014, 10:49 PM
You could actually try the P90X as well. My dad used the program a lot and was able to trim himself down to 185 (He was almost the same size as you) and he did it in a few weeks. It's definitely worth the try if you're truly motivated to do so.

Yes
08-22-2014, 08:04 AM
If you're willing to go without carbs (bread/pasta/candy/potatoes, mostly) then I'll suggest r/keto

I was almost in exactly the same boat as you; 21-22, 5'5", ~245lbs, female(?). Did the keto thing, didn't really add much exercise except walking around town when it was nice / walking laps in academic buildings while I waited for classes to start. Lost 50 pounds over the course of the academic year, got lazy and started eating my favorite foods over summer because I love pasta, didn't really gain any back. I've been hovering around 185-190 all summer. It's not a yo-yo diet for me. Granted, I've been staying away from mowing down entire boxes of cereal in a setting and pasta in general, but when I'm home and my mom makes pasta, I'll be damned if I'm not gonna have some. Or a bun on my burger. Things like that.

Once I lost some weight, I just started almost naturally moving more. I was bouncier. Wherever I am, I almost dance in place. I get comments on it at work ("dancing makes the computer go faster, right? haha"). It's fun.

Edit: I forgot to say that this diet allows for BACON
BACON EVERY DAY
BACON ALL THE TIME
BACON ON EVERYTHING
because bacon is fab

Plus it also allows for some fat kid staples.... like cheese right off the block.

Zhukov
08-22-2014, 09:15 AM
If you're just looking to lose weight, no exercise is more efficient than running. Pushups and squats help, but those are more about muscle-building than fat-burning. The easiest way to lose weight though is to change your diet. Unless your diet is already super healthy, it's immensely easier to not consume 100 additional calories than it is to burn 100.

daenerys__equestrian
09-10-2014, 11:03 AM
Right off the bat, I would cut your nutrient intake by 2/3, maybe more if you feel comfortable. Isolate what your drink to strictly water, don't drink juice (it's sugary) or milk (too much protein). If you're properly hydrated, your metabolism will get a significant boost. Remove any type of desserts, snacks, or sweets from your diet. Exercise with long walks at first, >4 miles, every night. Add more mileage as needed. You asked for obese help, so I'm assuming this distance might be a good start.

You're going to gain a lot of water weight right off the bat, at least you should as long as you're really hydrating. That will go away after a few days and then you'll find that you're weight is steadily dropping each day. The important thing to remember here is that your diet is more important than your exercise. If you can cut your proportions in half and get used to not needing so much food, you can lose weight. MOst people don't realize that they don't actually need a significant amount of nutrients to keep them kicking.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Additionally, consider a liquid diet. There was a point where I did an extreme diet (It was definitely unhealthy), where I only drank Gatorade or water and ate a snack twice a day. I would eat a full meal every three or four days. After the first four or five days your body get's used to it. You'll lose a lot of energy doing this, but it's effective. I lost 20lbs in two weeks doing that.

Shizuku
09-10-2014, 11:14 AM
I came to lurk because I, myself, need to drop 30 to 40 pounds. I have tried multiple diets and the only one I ever came to comfort with was a 1,200 calorie STRICT diet. Only lean meats, vegetables, fruits, some dairy products (mostly low calorie cheese/yogurt), and some cereals. I drank flavored water (those low calorie lemonade packets are a life savor) and did thirty minutes of yoga/stretches and 30 minutes on the treadmill every day for seven months. I lost 76 pounds. Then gained half back after moving to a new city (everything here is so EXPENSIVE except fast food!) :(

Anyways, good luck to you! I suggest myfitnesspal as a good start if you want to get into calorie counting along with your exercising. There are tons of people there with decent advise.

fever
01-04-2015, 07:00 PM
alqualine - i'm 5'5, ~280lbs. I am physically active (i play roller derby!) and i use my size to my advantage. I actually have a really awesome trainer who makes up little "Microcycles" for me to work out with. Kind of like HIIT (High impact interval training) which is amazing, and is a great starter for people transitiioning into wanting to work out a little more. It only takes about 20 minutes too.
I also use C25k (Couch to 5k) which is essentially a running trainer. Starts you out with like, 30 seconds of running and 2 minutes of walking. It's an amazing program and its free for iPhones. The only downside to that is I live in Canada and 8 months out of the year it's a snowy apocalypse land so I can't really run. I hate running indoors and I refuse to go to a gym because I am way too self conscious.

If I remember, I'll upload my microcycle for you to use! It's awesome. I love it.

Guy
04-11-2015, 05:06 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

dieting would have a HUGE effect on your physique and you'd see results pretty soon ~
I tend to drop weight fast following a paleo diet, so maybe you should look into that?
a standard bodybuilding workout schedule + paleo should do you good

you should also add in sprints a few times a week (look up HIIT training)

Zeus
04-11-2015, 05:09 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

dieting would have a HUGE effect on your physique and you'd see results pretty soon ~
I tend to drop weight fast following a paleo diet, so maybe you should look into that?
a standard bodybuilding workout schedule + paleo should do you good

you should also add in sprints a few times a week (look up HIIT training)

Last post was 3 months ago bro.

Guy
04-12-2015, 04:49 AM
Last post was 3 months ago bro.

hahah oops
just noticed the thread itself is really old too..who knows tho maybe someone will read my post and benefit one day ;)

alqualine
04-12-2015, 01:35 PM
I'm still here, I have registered to a gym, btw, and have someone following me :)