PDA

View Full Version : [POLL] Would you buy converted pets?

|2eap
06-28-2014, 05:54 PM
So I come across a lot of VVWN converted pets that have awesome colors and species and cross painted etc etc.
So I was wondering would people pay for converted pets? I never know, I normally just give them away because I dont know if they sell are not.
Examples of the pets i'm talking about would be
VWN Alien Aisha
VWN Pea/Asp/Carrot etc etc Chia
VWN Chocolate Draik/ Krawk etc
VWN Plushie Draik/ Krawk etc
VWN Robot Pets any species.

Tablo
06-28-2014, 05:55 PM
No from me personally, the big draw to ucs for me is the exclusivity.

There are a lot of cases where I see a VWN pet and dont even save the username as I figure nobody would want it.

|2eap
06-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Well I meant it mostly for like lab only pets.

Tablo
06-28-2014, 05:58 PM
Well I meant it mostly for like lab only pets.

Those ones may have some appeal, I guess.

firehawk
06-28-2014, 06:07 PM
nope, would def not risk my acc with pets i can get by zapping/painting/trading or pound surfing.
unless they're rw pets of course

Rosa
06-28-2014, 06:09 PM
If it's a dream pet, I would.
Especially if it's a rare lab zap.
I don't trust the the lab anyway and I don't have patience for it so yeah, I would.
If I also like the name, yes. It's so hard for me to come up with a good name for a pet lol xD

|2eap
06-28-2014, 06:14 PM
Yea i mean i find buying a converted pet way less suspicious anyways lol

Detox
06-28-2014, 06:17 PM
there arer people who like an uc yes they will. And will pay even more if it is VWN or RWN.

In my opinion a waste of money and very risky. And currently with all the accounts that were frozen these last days you should not risk in selling / buying pets, at least for a couple of days

guppy breeder
06-28-2014, 06:28 PM
I'm looking for a specific neopet and don't care if its converted. And don't mind the name. I'll pm u for a specific
Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_214 using Tapatalk

Valent
06-28-2014, 07:25 PM
I would buy an ice bori (if not for the fact that I already have all my future permie pets planned out and no room for an ice bori).

But they're basically UCs in the sense that you can't make them anymore. Unless you're that one chick on the PC who didn't make hers for 10 years and ended up advertising an ice bori custom.

(hm, wonder what a shell with an ice bori creatable on it would go for...)

|2eap
06-28-2014, 07:28 PM
I would buy an ice bori (if not for the fact that I already have all my future permie pets planned out and no room for an ice bori).

But they're basically UCs in the sense that you can't make them anymore. Unless you're that one chick on the PC who didn't make hers for 10 years and ended up advertising an ice bori custom.

(hm, wonder what a shell with an ice bori creatable on it would go for...)
I dont get it?
how can you still make an ice bori?
are they transferable?
I thought they turn blue when transfered

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

just figured it out.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Valent
06-28-2014, 07:29 PM
I dont get it?
how can you still make an ice bori?
are they transferable?
I thought they turn blue when transfered

They turn blue when pounded, but not when transferred. A close friend of mine bought an ice bori and it's sitting safely on his account, still ice. I've also seen another two for sale, but both of them were compromised by the sellers being stupid :rolleyes: There's also quite a few in the PC trading stream right now.

You can make them if you downloaded the toolbar back in '04, but not everyone made one. There's still a few people who haven't made theirs, and the ability to make an ice bori stays forever if you didn't. Only one creatable per account, though.

|2eap
06-28-2014, 07:32 PM
gonna implement it into my program thank you!

luv4ever
06-28-2014, 07:40 PM
I personally would buy them if they're something I wanted, but I wouldn't spend a lot on them at all (not including BD pets).

Detox
06-28-2014, 07:40 PM
They turn blue when pounded, but not when transferred. A close friend of mine bought an ice bori and it's sitting safely on his account, still ice. I've also seen another two for sale, but both of them were compromised by the sellers being stupid :rolleyes: There's also quite a few in the PC trading stream right now.

You can make them if you downloaded the toolbar back in '04, but not everyone made one. There's still a few people who haven't made theirs, and the ability to make an ice bori stays forever if you didn't. Only one creatable per account, though.

And lab ray?

I recall lab ray may change colour to ice

Valent
06-28-2014, 07:42 PM
And lab ray?

I recall lab ray may change colour to ice

It can change to any non-bori ice pet. Ice boris are unzappable. There was a rumour years and years ago, but it got debunked. The system probably treats them as a different colour to other ice pets.

|2eap
06-28-2014, 07:43 PM
lab ray is too unpredictable imo

hizziro
06-28-2014, 07:54 PM
I'd trade a piece of art or trade an hts for a converted pet if I needed the clothes.

Corliss
06-28-2014, 08:08 PM
I'd buy a converted pet - paid $20 or so to have a pet of mine made into a royalgirl draik, but I'd pay less than $10 for a normal converted. Robot Krawks and such I'd pay more for, though...

Valent
06-28-2014, 08:19 PM
I'd buy a converted pet - paid $20 or so to have a pet of mine made into a royalgirl draik, but I'd pay less than $10 for a normal converted. Robot Krawks and such I'd pay more for, though...

By 'made into', do you mean morph and paint, or something like what turned X into a UC Plushie Draik?

HippoMoon
06-28-2014, 08:27 PM
I would buy one if I really wanted the species/color. ...
Like a pea chia.... or if it was cheaper than a lend for the couple pet lends I need.

But since you can buy items and such it would have to be cheaper to buy.

simmie
06-28-2014, 08:29 PM
There is always a market for draiks. People who need to look legit and need to have random converted pets or just want a draik/some sort of converted but cant be bothered to overoffer are some.

I know back then people sold regular covnerteds and got sales, and even then I still have buyers for premade draiks. Some people just want a cute name, others wanted old (5k+ day old pets.)

there is a market for almost evetything.

Fishbox
06-28-2014, 08:36 PM
I once bought a robot Draik off here, so, yeah.

Double.Trouble
06-29-2014, 02:23 AM
No, only if they were good RW/RNs or BD pets. Otherwise everything else is super easy to get legit.

Skarl
06-29-2014, 02:26 AM
This isn't where the $$ is at, but folks would definitely be interested. Draiks at a discounted rate would be awesome. Also consider avatar pets (you'd mentioned lab-only in the first post). I used to arrange avatar pets onto shells and sell off the shell. :P Nowadays i just give them away to lenders (both on clraik and on Neo') but for the impatient person they'd be a worthwhile spend, too!

Rue
06-29-2014, 02:30 AM
I'll buy if it's a Robot Krawk/Draik or pretty 4L/5L/RN.

Young
06-29-2014, 02:32 AM
Pea Chia would be pretty nice :P

Robot Krawk, or Robot Draik

SnoLeopard
06-29-2014, 02:47 AM
I would buy a BD pet or a name I had to have! There's always a market for pets, just need to find the buyer for them

Corliss
06-29-2014, 06:52 AM
By 'made into', do you mean morph and paint, or something like what turned X into a UC Plushie Draik?

Oh noo, not like X the plush draik - I had someone morph and paint her. :)

Elmo
06-29-2014, 06:59 AM
Yes! Much safer, things like robots, chocolate etc especially. Even just highly painted pets would interest me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

|2eap
06-29-2014, 12:59 PM
Well this poll was very useful to me and I thank you all for participating in it and giving solid feedback.
I asked this because I have TONS AND TONS of VWN painted pets of all species and colors, lab only etc.. and I've always wondered what to do with them. I almost decided to make a collection of robot pets.

I also have plenty of robozappermajigs so i can make any robot pet i want if someone has a specific pet they want changed.
THinking about making a converted pet shop, just need to organize the pets around and locate all of them.
Thank you all soo much, future feedback is still welcome!

tzh440
06-29-2014, 01:16 PM
It would all really depend on how much I like it. I am the sort who prefers to build something from scratch, so the chances are low that i would get one

Akula
06-29-2014, 01:23 PM
Honestly, they are just so easy to make, I wouldn't see the point in the risk. And I don't BD either.

Elmo
06-29-2014, 01:40 PM
First dibs on a Robot Draik and Robot Grundo. Ty please.

|2eap
06-29-2014, 02:13 PM
My reasoning behind this is, some people dont want to wait the time to zap their pet every day in order to make it a robot or jelly or anything of that sort.

not to mention you must trade for a vwn pet first before beginning the process of creating the pet of your choice.
These converted pets obviously wont cost a whole lot because they are not as well thought after as UC's but it would be nice to put them to some use. I have thousands of them.

Miri
06-29-2014, 02:19 PM
I would buy some.

Foxglove
06-29-2014, 02:24 PM
No, it's too easy to get most converted pets either by trading on the PC, so long as you're not going for a really nice RW/RN. And if it's a RW/RN, I just try to avoid them in case someone's stalking the name.

parakeet
06-29-2014, 02:35 PM
I am super picky and would only buy one for the name, even if it's RW/RN so that would be kind of hard to sell, idk :/ But I say go for it, you don't really lose money by putting up a thread!

Nicole
06-29-2014, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I would buy for the right name C:

Pokémon or a Halo themed name = $$$

magicol
06-29-2014, 09:24 PM
I wouldnt buy anything, because dont have credit card, but yes, i would if i have a credit card

Hydrapple
06-29-2014, 10:47 PM
I sure as hell would, sign me up.

soleil
07-01-2014, 10:44 PM
I've bought two RW converted pets, one of which I love more than any of my UCs 8D

|2eap
02-10-2015, 01:39 AM
bumpin this for new peoples opinions.

Ked
02-10-2015, 02:19 AM
Possibly. But like others said I most likely use it as a lab pet. And it would also depend on the price.

Allem
02-10-2015, 05:44 AM
Nah, i wouldn't. Unless there's an amazing RN/RW or BD stats, but i don't really like those :/

Misha
02-10-2015, 07:28 AM
I voted no, but I would buy RW/RN depending on the name.

Kawaii
02-10-2015, 08:50 AM
nope. There's only 2 or 3 rw that I would even maybe think about wanting. But i wouldn't want a converted pet unless they forced us to have one lmao

k80
02-10-2015, 10:56 AM
I don't buy pets at all, but if one day I decided to I don't think I'd discriminate too much between UC vs converted. I like pets based on the art, mostly. For example I like Maraquan Draiks - if there was one with a well fitting name, that would be desirable to me. :)

kittyray
02-10-2015, 12:31 PM
I would buy a name I really like (mostly RW/RN, but probably some shorter ones that I just find please to look at/read in my head). But obviously buying/selling based on the actual name is risky and whatever.

Demon
02-10-2015, 04:01 PM
I'd buy a robot krawk to steal the casing from it.

peebles
02-10-2015, 10:16 PM
Probably not, other than an Ice/Robot Draik/Krawk or Ice bori MAYBE. It is just too easy to buy/earn NP, so what is the point in buying the pets that you will have to sneak onto your accounts.
I would buy RN/RW ofc, but I don't think you were talking about those.

The Black North
02-11-2015, 02:39 AM
I did just sell 2 accounts full of converted avatar pets for $35.... I spent at most 10m on them. Grey pb, island pb, halloween pb, would be what cost the most for me.

Not sure if I want to go through the hassle of buying and painting the pets myself again though.

bonjour
02-11-2015, 03:28 PM
Probably not.. Unless its a RW/RN that I like or a really nice BD pet, if I needed one.

Lindsay
02-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Negative ghost rider.
Unless it was a name like Lilly or Petals or something equally as cute or meaningful to me.

Bani
02-12-2015, 01:59 PM
I would c: I know I have a huge obsession with vwn draiks. but mostly, I'd buy rn/rw pets if they were converted.

Spoildlittleme
02-12-2015, 05:51 PM
For me depending on the pet.... I did solely buy a converted BD pet just so I can transform the pet into a krawk where I used the One-Use Robotification Zappermajig

Fishbox
02-13-2015, 01:28 AM
Yeah, I bought a robot draik off someone here.

|2eap
02-13-2015, 02:11 AM
How much were yall paying for the robot pets?

Dorian
02-13-2015, 03:17 AM
I wouldn't unless it was RW/RN... I'd MAYBE buy a robot Draik/Krawk with a good name but only if it was spectacular...
MPs aren't too expensive and you'll get a stray zap if you keep at it eventually.

festus
02-15-2015, 01:31 AM
No. I was playing Neopets since before Customization was a thing, and back then I really liked some of the PB colours. But now that they all stand in the same pose... not so much.

tf4trftf43
02-15-2015, 11:11 AM
no
ice bori....very tempting tho. i'd put it in a class of itself tbh.
but i'd never buy any other converted pet.

Crowley
02-16-2015, 12:01 AM
i've bought an ice bori and a nightsteed with a name i REALLY liked to complete a creepy pet-themed side i had. (which was some hilariously low price, like 50 cents or something)

i've also bought 2 rw pets, one for my personal ownership and one to try and trade for a uc. no one's looked at me twice for my uc trade fodder rw pet, so /shrugs

i also didn't pay much for any of the above pets. buying rws/rns is a GREAT way to get another uc trade chain started on the cheap. if you're too broke to buy your uc dream pet here, just buy a rw and uptrade while you rs/ss/whatever it is that you do. s'what i did. :)

Slytherin
02-16-2015, 12:21 AM
I would, but probably only lab ray colours, like mspp or a robot draik.