PDA

View Full Version : Anybody play music here?

Sakuras
06-22-2014, 12:28 PM
I've been playing piano for 8 years, guitar for 7. Those are my main two instruments, but I've also been playing percussion for 6 years. And I play some other random crap, I really want to learn how to play bass soon. It's basically the same as guitar, but the technique/feel is defintley different. Any other musicians around clraik? I actually came into college as a music major but recently changed my major to web design. (thanks to Neo for that haha)

rachel
06-22-2014, 12:33 PM
SCf3 yessssss! c:
i took piano lessons for a few years, but then i got sick of learning the songs that my teacher wanted me to learn so i just stopped lessons and started teaching myself
my whole family is really musical, so it was really easy to get into growing up

for now, i just sing and play piano (occasionally), but i did play trumpet and french horn in 5th grade band
juuuuuuuuust sayin', i'm a pretty big deal :rolleyes: LOL jk i was awful

oh, and i was also in a handbell choir for 2 years or so
which sounds really nerdy
but i loved it <3

Sakuras
06-22-2014, 12:56 PM
rachel ahh no way! haha i was in a similar situation. took lessons from a classical teacher and hated it the first few years, then i moved onto a chill old lady who taught me the stuff i needed to know and let me pick songs i wanted to play too. and then i moved onto another teacher who helped me prepare for college auditions haha. none of my family is musical though which is pretty funny. i learned euphonium (like a small version of a tuba) senior yr of high school just for shits and giggles and so my schedule could be (almost) all band classes.

OMG NO WAY I WAS IN HANDBELL CHOIR FOR 2 YEARS TOO! in elementary school! it was so fun omg.

Master Shake
06-22-2014, 08:29 PM
I can play guitar, piano, violin, viola and some other instruments.. Only lessons i took were violin for like 5 years , but once you know how to read music it makes the others easy!

raxn
06-22-2014, 09:08 PM
As the child of typical asian parents, I learnt the piano. Lol finished grade 8 but stopped after high school. I want to get back into it though :( but no time. I REALLY WANT TO PLAY CELLO ZOMG it looks so hot ;_;

SnoLeopard
06-22-2014, 09:15 PM
SCf3 I'm a long time Musician and so glad to hear there are more. Piano was my first instrument and my only true love musically! I play piano, organ, violin and sing :)

imMikey
06-22-2014, 09:16 PM
I played violin for about three years, piano for two, and got into singing (if that counts as an instrument, xD) in the midst of learning how to read music. I really want to refine my piano playing skills though, :(.

raxn
06-22-2014, 09:17 PM
Just curious, but what's everyone's favourite genre? rachel Master Shake SCf3 imMikey SnoLeopard

Master Shake
06-22-2014, 09:21 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Hip-hop/Rap. 90's rap the new stuff is shit. I think Demetri will agree with me on this

Sakuras
06-22-2014, 09:21 PM
raxn like any genre of music? that we like playing or listening to?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

raxn
06-22-2014, 09:22 PM
I played violin for about three years, piano for two, and got into singing (if that counts as an instrument, xD) in the midst of learning how to read music. I really want to refine my piano playing skills though, :(.
fark I can't play trills very well anymore. :( my fingers cramp up

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

SnoLeopard
06-22-2014, 09:22 PM
raxn My favorite type of music to play depends on my mood I suppose. I was trained classically for 10 years so I do love to play music from the world's greatest composers, but I also love to play Jazz and contemporary music as well! What about you?

raxn
06-22-2014, 09:24 PM
raxn like any genre of music? that we like playing or listening to?

both? but I was referring to playing

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

raxn My favorite type of music to play depends on my mood I suppose. I was trained classically for 10 years so I do love to play music from the world's greatest composers, but I also love to play Jazz and contemporary music as well! What about you?
I like Baroque because contrapuntal music is hectic and I like early romantic period c: I.e. tchaikovsky ♡♡♡♡♡ I used to love Chopin but no more :(

Sakuras
06-22-2014, 09:25 PM
both? but I was referring to playing

Playing wise for piano I always really enjoyed playing Jazz. For guitar, rock/pop punk stuff though haha. And in general I listen to a lot of rock/alternative music in general I guess haha.

raxn
06-22-2014, 09:26 PM
:
Playing wise for piano I always really enjoyed playing Jazz. For guitar, rock/pop punk stuff though haha. And in general I listen to a lot of rock/alternative music in general I guess haha.

ahahaha I always fucked up timing for jazz :/ cos I never counted in my head but just guessed xD

SnoLeopard
06-22-2014, 09:33 PM
raxn, Baroque & Romantic Era's were amazing! Some wonderful composers came from those time periods! Beethoven, Schubert and Mozart are three of my favorites from the Romantic Era. As for Baroque my favorites would be Bach, Vivaldi, Pachelbel and possibly Handel.

Do you play music from any of them?

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Playing Jazz is fun as long as you remember to count!

rachel
06-22-2014, 09:45 PM
SCf3 handbell choir was the shit, though, really LOL
i was in it in college and then i kept playing at my parents' church just because i loved it LOL
it was me and like 11 other 60-70 year old women
looooooved it

raxn i mostly listen to a few different genres of edm, but i also listen to some stupid girly pop
and occasionally some indie & acoustic, or pop punk
used to listen to a lot of punk rock but now it's more for sentimentality xD

raxn
06-22-2014, 09:48 PM
SCf3 handbell choir was the shit, though, really LOL
i was in it in college and then i kept playing at my parents' church just because i loved it LOL
it was me and like 11 other 60-70 year old women
looooooved it
raxn i mostly listen to a few different genres of edm, but i also listen to some stupid girly pop
and occasionally some indie & acoustic, or pop punk
used to listen to a lot of punk rock but now it's more for sentimentality xD
omg handbell choir sounds so fun and qt

Sakuras
06-22-2014, 10:05 PM
yeah handbell choir was soo fun haha and i'm actually into a lot of punk rock music now which is funny!

Cub
06-23-2014, 01:34 AM
I took um 15 years of piano but i am more into musical theatre and stuff.

congression
06-23-2014, 01:42 AM
i've never had any lessons or anything before but i can easily pick up and play the keyboard from reading sheet music or watching it off youtube.
however with a guitar its more difficult for me, my fingers dont move as fast on the guitar as it can on the keyboard ...

i'm doing African Drumming as a university breadth subject next semester though which i hear is going to be so much fun!

Skarl
06-23-2014, 01:43 AM
I played snare and piano in middle school... not sure how well-versed I'd be in either now. I was pretty darn good with the drum. :P

Aska
06-24-2014, 05:46 PM
I was trying to teach myself piano for years but I can't get the fingering right. It also doesn't help that I can barely reach an octave either. I can play "Mad World" and a few random parts from Beethoven songs. I'm loads better at theory than playing, oddly enough.

snarrkie
07-02-2014, 10:53 PM
As the child of typical asian parents, I learnt the piano. Lol finished grade 8 but stopped after high school. I want to get back into it though :( but no time. I REALLY WANT TO PLAY CELLO ZOMG it looks so hot ;_;

Lol, I play the cello and it's a pretty sexy instrument.

I also love singing, which I'm not sure counts. Unfortunately that's it; I'd love to learn guitar and piano though. I could play classical pieces on the piano and accompany myself on the guitar or just jam out whenever anyone wanted to. I'm just too lazy to learn xd

ravenclaw511
09-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Jazz guitar 5 years, tons of fun, lots of work tho

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Lol, I play the cello and it's a pretty sexy instrument.

I also love singing, which I'm not sure counts. Unfortunately that's it; I'd love to learn guitar and piano though. I could play classical pieces on the piano and accompany myself on the guitar or just jam out whenever anyone wanted to. I'm just too lazy to learn xd omg your profile gif is amazing i love radiohead.

XxGevaudanxX
09-02-2014, 08:01 PM
I play tenor saxophone. I started in 6th grade and never turned back. :) I can also play clarinet too.

Ghirahim
09-04-2014, 05:20 PM
i've been playing classical guitar for a few years c:
i'm worried i might lose it though since i played in school and now i don't have the same opportunity D;
oh well, I MUST NOT QUIT

|2eap
09-04-2014, 05:32 PM
I produce EDM and beats. I also make mixes/ remaster songs.
Currently only using a two channel mixer for my mixes hoping to graduate to four channel when i get the monies