PDA

View Full Version : Skin care

santy25105
06-20-2014, 06:39 AM
If you have dry skin problem then you to drink plenty of water daily it is good remedy to get rid from dry skin problem. you can eat green vegetables and fresh fruits this is another solution to solve dry skin problem.

yoshiowner
07-13-2014, 03:08 AM
I think you need have other cares like take showers daily and clean your skin, and be careful in your foods too

Aiven
07-13-2014, 03:44 AM
Certified Beauty Therapist here!
Dry skin is often a result of over cleansing. You SHOULD cleanse your skin twice a day (morning and night) but use a gentle cleanser that doesn't have to foam. You also must use a moisturiser and an exfoliant with AHA or BHA will do wonders for the flakiness that dry skin is prone to. Water obviously helps, but quality products also do. You pay for what you get.
Smoking and drinking can make your skin dry as well, so compensate with lots of water!
Also, use a hydrating mask, preferably with a hydrating booster underneath. For dry skin I recommend going to a Dermalogica counter as I've personally seen their mask/booster combination work wonders.

If all else fails, take a multivitamin and use oils overnight. It may make your skin temporarily greasy, but it should also help to balance it. Plus, it gives incentive for washing your face in the morning.

Psudoprofessionalism
07-25-2014, 01:39 AM
I have a really gnarly flaky skin problem around my hairline. After about a week of drinking 2L of water a day it seems to have started to ease up a bit. I also put a bit of coconut oil on it after a shower.

Yes I'm one of "those guys" that smell coconutty..

chicityballa
08-13-2014, 11:02 AM
Peppers are your friend. Bell peppers do wonders for your skin

Banannie
08-13-2014, 05:44 PM
I use a twice weekly apsirin face mask. Good for inflamation and has the same stuff they use for acne and shit. Wash the coating off, crush it with a spoon, put about five drops of water, place on face for 30 mins, wash off! Yay! :D

Sick
08-14-2014, 09:52 AM
use an exfoliating face wash in the shower, then lightly dry your face and while its still slightly moist use a good moisturiser! do this daily and i promise your skin will never be dry and gross again.

notooryous
12-30-2014, 01:30 PM
dairy is no good for your skin. Be careful when using an exfoliating face wash as using too often or rubbing too harshly can create microscopic cuts on your skin that are more susceptible to bacteria (ergo; pimples). I recommend exfoliating gently with a washcloth once a day or every other day if you have sensitive skin.

Lamborghini
01-01-2015, 01:43 AM
Water helps everything xD

Wander
01-01-2015, 02:16 AM
Ice helps your pimples get smaller. Heat does too, but its up to your own personal preference.
Also, green tea masks are the BEST!! Powdered green tea is easiest to work with, add some honey and rice flour if you have any and leave it on your face for 10-15 minutes. Your face should feel smooth after you rinse it off. Its one of those masks you can use daily, unlike clay masks which could dry you out. Perfect for the winter time. It does wonders, honey is soothing and the green tea helps calm your skin. Drinking green tea helps flush out toxins and its oh so relaxing :)

I find that home remedies are the most effective and inexpensive, you should try it and let me know how it goes!

Lamborghini
01-01-2015, 05:38 AM
Ice helps your pimples get smaller. Heat does too, but its up to your own personal preference.
Also, green tea masks are the BEST!! Powdered green tea is easiest to work with, add some honey and rice flour if you have any and leave it on your face for 10-15 minutes. Your face should feel smooth after you rinse it off. Its one of those masks you can use daily, unlike clay masks which could dry you out. Perfect for the winter time. It does wonders, honey is soothing and the green tea helps calm your skin. Drinking green tea helps flush out toxins and its oh so relaxing :)

I find that home remedies are the most effective and inexpensive, you should try it and let me know how it goes!

Very trueee. I personally like ice more��

chiro
01-06-2015, 03:38 AM
For skin care loving ladies or gentlemen even; I rely fully on the 'tea tree' products from thebodyshop. It works amazingly and has kept my face clear from everything BUT the occasional stress pimple. Other than that, I have extremely clear skin. Apologies for the redness as slightly drunk, and the fact that I did these at night instead of the day but whatever.

selfies included, but yes sorry for darkness and large photos, I was too lazy to go turn on the lights as it's almost 4 am.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

you can see the one stress pimple on that one on the left below my bottom lip, but that was from the stuff posted in real life section that caused it

But the products themselves:

Tea Tree Squeeky Clean Scrub: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Tea Trea Skin Clearing Facial Wash: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

They do buy one/buy two/buy three - get one/get two/get three things free sales every now and then, that is when I stock up.

They work amazingly. They really do.

And my large nose. You can see my large nose, lmao. :(

It probably also helps that I never wear makeup. Can't cover up ugly, LOL.

And water. I drink shit tons of water daily. But the tea tree stuff does more wonders for my skin than water.

chiro
01-06-2015, 04:46 AM
The moisturizer I use is also by them

When I say I rely on them, I really do mean it, ahah. That stuff is amazing.

---------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

And lush moisturizers are pretty amazing as well, pricey, but worth it. As are the face masks if you have a store near you.

...and bath bombs with a glass or five of wine.

chiro
01-06-2015, 04:53 AM
Yeah, I've gone through tons of different facial cleansers and scrubs and most of them irritate my skin in general and make it worse. Tea Tree stuff works perfectly and clears everything up.

Lush stuff in general works wonders for all skin types as well, but it would definitely be wise to ask one of the ladies or gents that work there what they would recommend for your skin type, or even see if you can get a sample before going all in on buying a full pot. They generally don't mind giving out samples, or at least around here they don't when it comes to those more expensive items.

I am addicted to their deep sea scrubs for dry skin as well, ahah. Got to love winter months.

Cub
01-06-2015, 06:48 PM
For skin care loving ladies or gentlemen even; I rely fully on the 'tea tree' products from thebodyshop. It works amazingly and has kept my face clear from everything BUT the occasional stress pimple. Other than that, I have extremely clear skin. Apologies for the redness as slightly drunk, and the fact that I did these at night instead of the day but whatever.

selfies included, but yes sorry for darkness and large photos, I was too lazy to go turn on the lights as it's almost 4 am.

you can see the one stress pimple on that one on the left below my bottom lip, but that was from the stuff posted in real life section that caused it

But the products themselves:

Tea Tree Squeeky Clean Scrub: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Tea Trea Skin Clearing Facial Wash: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

They do buy one/buy two/buy three - get one/get two/get three things free sales every now and then, that is when I stock up.

They work amazingly. They really do.

And my large nose. You can see my large nose, lmao. :(

It probably also helps that I never wear makeup. Can't cover up ugly, LOL.

And water. I drink shit tons of water daily. But the tea tree stuff does more wonders for my skin than water.

As somebody who worked there and uses it everyday for years, i can honestly say it works so well. Salicylic acid and the other one, never worked and I started using pure tea tree oil and it changes my life.
I find that the moisturizing products dont work very well there (they cleansers are amazing though), so I would look for a good non-comedogenic moisturizer to use as well as these products.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Damn.
I'm upset that the scrub doesn't ship out to California.

Right now I'm using Dermaquest but my skin seems to be getting worse. My skin is so extremely sensitive and my esthetician recommended this for me. It doesn't help it's pretty pricey as well.

Do you use a tinted moisturizer?

If I can recall, there are a few Lush stores near me.

I CAN SHOW U THE WORLD.
AKA MESSAGE ME

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

also even if you have oily skin, make sure to use a moisturizer. Usually the overproduction of oil is the body compensating for its dehydration. By adding a daily moisturizer into your daily routine you will probably start to notice your face getting softer and less oily throughout the day.

WaterWings
01-06-2015, 07:19 PM
I get oily omg. I hate it, it's embarassing. I WILL MESSAGE YOU.

I use Dr. Hauschka, it's pretty expensive but it definitely helps clear the face. I use their cleanser, their toner and day cream.

Also, anything with Manuka honey is amazing.

WaterWings
01-06-2015, 07:22 PM
I've heard about that.
I spend like close to 100 bucks on my cleanser & moisturizer. :(

It's about that for the cleanser and the toner. I've used the Treatment as well which is like $90 for 24 days. I believe it takes that long for your skin to go through changes.

WaterWings
01-06-2015, 09:58 PM
Yes it's all natural. Organically grown and hand made. Only part that is not done by hand is bottling. Omg water is key.

Everyday I wash my face with the cleansing cream& then toner. then use the eye cream + rose day cream or Melissa day cream. Then at night I will use the cleansing milk, an the cleansing cream & toner. No creams at night ever.

If I'm breaking out then I will sometimes use a Manuka honey face scrub. I take fish oils and silica daily and a multi and probiotics.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

I use natural shampoos and deodorants too :).

Cub
01-07-2015, 02:36 PM
I would use either origins or body shop products. Right now im using origins and i love ittt

Banannie
01-07-2015, 09:31 PM
I really like Lancolm's skin care products, but the eye cream is starting to give my skin a reaction.

chiro
01-07-2015, 09:49 PM
Cub any suggestions from origin for dry skin?

That's currently why I stick with TBS, tea tree stuff works so well for mine.

Cub
01-08-2015, 01:24 AM
chiro
the tea tree is amazing, if you have dry skin i wouldnt recommend using it since it is a harsher product and it will dry out your skin
but like I always use the straight up tea tree oil for spot control.
From origins the checks and balances face wash is amazing (I use the zero oil one and its amazing because it doesn't dry out my skin) I would use it everyday tbh and its so gentle but it does everything you need it to do hahaha.

The United State Toner is amazing, I cannot say enough good things about it

Sezy
01-08-2015, 06:14 PM
coconut oil is good for dry & sensitive skin :) its natural, no chemicals and its super cheap to buy too
i think its best to use it at night then wash it off in the morning shower so your not all greasy
it leaves your skin ever so soft too!

oh and it makes an awesome hair mask! just massage it into your hair dry and leave as long as you like. when you wash it out your hair will be beautifully soft and smooth :D

chiro
01-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Cub not sure if you meant that I shouldn't use the tea tree line with dry skin but as I posted that was what I have been doing and it's the only thing that fixes it and makes my skin stay as nice and clear as it is. Everything else causes acne issues *yay weird skin*

Always heard good things about Origin though, just wasn't really sure what to try as they have a mass amount of products.
Cindurella I do the coconut oil hair thing once a week, feels weird but it makes the hair so pretty for 4-5 days after.

WaterWings
01-08-2015, 07:36 PM
coconut oil is good for dry & sensitive skin :) its natural, no chemicals and its super cheap to buy too
i think its best to use it at night then wash it off in the morning shower so your not all greasy
it leaves your skin ever so soft too!

oh and it makes an awesome hair mask! just massage it into your hair dry and leave as long as you like. when you wash it out your hair will be beautifully soft and smooth :D

I love coconut oil pulling! It makes your mouth feel great.

Cub
01-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Cub not sure if you meant that I shouldn't use the tea tree line with dry skin but as I posted that was what I have been doing and it's the only thing that fixes it and makes my skin stay as nice and clear as it is. Everything else causes acne issues *yay weird skin*

Always heard good things about Origin though, just wasn't really sure what to try as they have a mass amount of products.
Cindurella I do the coconut oil hair thing once a week, feels weird but it makes the hair so pretty for 4-5 days after.

the tea tree oil is drying on the skin, so like obviously you can use it since you have acne problems but make sure you are using a heavier moisturizer to counteract the drying of the tea tree oil.
tbh i would look for something that is a lil better for combanation skin

chiro
01-08-2015, 08:40 PM
Cub I've used those two specific items for years and haven't had any problems. Maybe I'm just wrong about my skin type which I very well could be, but it's doing wonders for it and keeping it completely clear. I don't use moisturizer more than twice a week except during winter where I do so every day because winter sucks. I have acne issues only if I switch to another type of facial stuff.

But yeah, tea tree oils hasn't caused me any drying issues whatsoever. I don't think I've heard of it even causing people to have issues like that, weird.

Maybe my skin just built up a weird tolerance to it and now it's just like "ok. your skin is clear, we like you and it can continue to stay problem free".

Cub
01-09-2015, 12:43 AM
omg please moisturize everyday
im like cringing
ur face needs it regardless of the skin type chiro

baileaf
01-09-2015, 01:17 AM
My coworker just told me about the wonders of coconut oil, and it looks like the ladies of cK like it too. Totally getting some tomorrow!

What's a good face cleanser/wash in your opinion, Cub? I struggle to find one that works well with my skin. It gets so dry thanks to living in Arizona. ;-;

Cub
01-09-2015, 01:21 AM
My coworker just told me about the wonders of coconut oil, and it looks like the ladies of cK like it too. Totally getting some tomorrow!

What's a good face cleanser/wash in your opinion, Cub? I struggle to find one that works well with my skin. It gets so dry thanks to living in Arizona. ;-;

The fresh soy facial cleanser is really good. Its really good for sensitive skin, and its natural and its good for dry skin.

the checks and balances one from origins is also amazing and would totally recommend it as well. I just started using the first aid beauty one as well and I am really loving it. Their moisturizer is a dream haha.

Just make sure you are moisturizing at LEAST once a day. using a facial wash is important obv but you need to replenish your skin so make sure you use a good non-comedogenic moisturizer (i LOVE the first aid beauty one)! :)

also using a sink in moisture mask once or twice a week will do wonders

Aska
01-09-2015, 11:01 PM
What about combination skin?

chiro
01-10-2015, 04:18 AM
Cub I'll start doing it daily just for you. My only issue with moisturizing every day is that it makes my face greasy after an hour or two, no matter what kind I use. That's why I limit my use of it, I suppose I just have to find the right kind. I'm looking more into Origin just because I've heard good things about the entire skin care line, including moisturizers.

As much as I love my tea tree stuff, I'm willing to venture out if need be.

Cub
01-10-2015, 04:27 AM
Cub I'll start doing it daily just for you. My only issue with moisturizing every day is that it makes my face greasy after an hour or two, no matter what kind I use. That's why I limit my use of it, I suppose I just have to find the right kind. I'm looking more into Origin just because I've heard good things about the entire skin care line, including moisturizers.

As much as I love my tea tree stuff, I'm willing to venture out if need be.

Yeah you have to find the right one that suits you. I am using the Daily Face Cream from First Aid Beauty and I am really loving it. Its really light but it still moisturizers really well. Im just an advocate for moisturizer haha

chiro
01-10-2015, 04:32 AM
Yeah you have to find the right one that suits you. I am using the Daily Face Cream from First Aid Beauty and I am really loving it. Its really light but it still moisturizers really well. Im just an advocate for moisturizer haha

My skin is just really weird. If I use more than the two products I already use on a daily basis, I start having issues.

I don't use makeup/etc or anything so I really don't understand why it does. But the moment I do daily moisturizing it gets greasy and I've tried so many different brands. I'm using the aloe one from TBS right now, it's light and you only need a little bit but using it every day is what makes my skin go sensitive.

So we shall see I suppose. I got told I had dry skin when I went in to find out my exact type when I first started getting into it, I'm starting to think I have more of a combo than dry.

Just cause I just posted it in the post your pic thread
I love my clear skin.

Virus
01-13-2015, 08:50 PM
i dont believe in face wash at all because your skin physically can get addicted to the things found in them.

my boyfriend and i use a blend of half castor oil, and half olive oil in the shower. just get a few drops and rub all over your face, then with a wet&warm cloth, let it sit for about 15 seconds.
after that just gently rub in a clockwise or counterclockwise direction to get some of it off. gently dry your face and you'll feel very great.

when i first did it i thought it was crazy, putting oil on my skin is going to make it worse, but it's actually moisturized so well that it keeps my skin from breaking out.

i'd do this even if you have oily skin, because your body may think that your face is too dry and is overproducing.

moisturizing is the key.

i also use this product after i get out. makes me feel gr8 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

surabhigautam
03-12-2015, 06:12 AM
I heard about the Papaya is too good for skin.

haiqtpi
04-04-2015, 11:15 PM
I feel like people often times fail to understand the forces at work with skin. I have found that the key to maintaining beautiful skin is to keep it basic (not to say that I am a basic bitch by any means!). Sleep on your back, change your pillow case often, do not put more than 1 product on your face at once. It may be counter to what you read online, but if you at least start your face with fewer products as possible, it allows your skin to build up tolerance for the slew of crap that you may ultimately slather on (though I advise against this). For guys, shaving is often times the cause of acne -whether it be shaving the wrong way, with the wrong blade (fewer is better), or improper post shave care. Women obviously have a lot of hormone issues considering their menstrual cycle, so that can sometimes be more difficult to treat. In general though, these are the most important factors when dealing with any acne:

1. Adequate sleep
2. Sleeping on the back
3. Water intake/hydration
4. Minimal products on face (particularly for those who already have acne issues)
5. Not popping acne
6. Keeping stress under control
7. Keeping sugar intake under control (some also suggest dairy products due to hormones)

Try it ;)