PDA

View Full Version : [PC/Minecraft] Minecraft Poll

Monark
02-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Minecraft Poll

So, I'm making a Minecraft Server for CK.
I asked Joe and he said that if people show interest, it can be Official.

So here's the poll.
Would you guys be interested in playing in the server?
And would you guys like it to be Survival or Creative?

The server will be hosted my me.
I can only host 30 different people at the same time, sorry.
I will try to make it 24/7.
I'm not sure if I can do that though.
I can't pay a dedicated host, so connection will require Hamachi.

Also, i'm currently testing and installing a few plugins that will add a Jail System, an Economy System (a custom currency) and a Residency System.
It should be done in a week.
Meanwhile, i'm also building the Spawn.
So it won't be available to play, yet.

It is completely free to play.
VIP will be there, but the only change is that you can make your own shop.
How do you obtain it?
Buy VIP for CK and pm me asking your group change.
As soon as I can read your pm, it will be changed.

Jon
02-03-2012, 02:26 PM
I'd be interested for sure. & I'd rather play on survival, only because in creative, yeah it's fun cause you can do anything you want, but it gets boring way too fast. =/

ConnorJS
02-04-2012, 08:22 AM
I'd definitely be up for that, love survival :) I've kind of done creative now and haven't played it properly since towards the end of beta :). Would skype be an option while playing? Or would nobody be up for that? I hate having to type on minecraft...

Monark
02-04-2012, 10:06 AM
I'd definitely be up for that, love survival :) I've kind of done creative now and haven't played it properly since towards the end of beta :). Would skype be an option while playing? Or would nobody be up for that? I hate having to type on minecraft...

Currently i'm willing to know if people would actually play.
Then we can vote/discuss details =)
Thanks ^_^

BlackSheep
02-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Currently i'm willing to know if people would actually play.
Then we can vote/discuss details =)
Thanks ^_^

If we can get enough people interested in playing, i will see about getting a team speak/ventrillo/irc channel up and running and we can use it for whatever we want.. even a live speak chat for the forums or something.

Monark
02-04-2012, 10:26 AM
If we can get enough people interested in playing, i will see about getting a team speak/ventrillo/irc channel up and running and we can use it for whatever we want.. even a live speak chat for the forums or something.

You got it right =)
Nice job on the Disco ;D

Ryan~
02-04-2012, 01:50 PM
I though about doing this, also. :) Survival is better.

Monark
02-04-2012, 02:03 PM
I though about doing this, also. :) Survival is better.

Thanks =)
I'm testing plugins, server should be up in a week.

Neoquest
02-04-2012, 04:22 PM
I would play if it wasn't Hamachi. You don't have to pay for host, just port forward.

Monark
02-04-2012, 04:25 PM
I would play if it wasn't Hamachi. You don't have to pay for host, just port forward.

sup, my ip changes.
but 1 sec, i know how to make it without hamachi...

ConnorJS
02-09-2012, 04:36 PM
How's this going, any idea of a launch date?

Ryan~
02-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Are you using a paid host or a spare computer?

zakeryp
02-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Totally in !

Monark
02-09-2012, 06:20 PM
How's this going, any idea of a launch date?

testing plugins, unknown sorry.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Are you using a paid host or a spare computer?

using my computer, i can't pay for a host.
this means it also won't be 24/7 unless someone can.

Ryan~
02-09-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm sure we can pitch in for a host. It's maybe....$10-$15 a month for a decent host with Bukkit support and stuff. I know how to run a server with plugins, as do you so management would be fine.

We could all just pitch in a few bucks.

Monark
02-09-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm sure we can pitch in for a host. It's maybe....$10-$15 a month for a decent host with Bukkit support and stuff. I know how to run a server with plugins, as do you so management would be fine.

We could all just pitch in a few bucks.

Well, i don't have a credit card or paypal account.
Someone would have to pay for us.
Maybe you, yes, management is ok.
And I could try to sell something here and ask them to transfer to the paypal account and such.
Can you check that for me?

Ryan~
02-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Check on a host and the prices?

How much RAM would we need? Like, how many people want to play?

Monark
02-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Check on a host and the prices?

How much RAM would we need? Like, how many people want to play?

Yes, and also if you can have paypal account and if you could pay it monthly with our contributions.
Like... 4 or 8?
Idk, but not many...

Ryan~
02-09-2012, 06:31 PM
You can pay with paypal, yes.

And I'll just look for about 10.

Monark
02-09-2012, 06:33 PM
You can pay with paypal, yes.

And I'll just look for about 10.

Ok, but can you own the paypal account?
I don't have a credit card.

Ryan~
02-09-2012, 06:39 PM
MinecraftLayer is about $20 a month for 1GB RAM. if you want more plugins, you need more RAM.

[Only registered and activated users can see links] has 700MB Ram for ~$7 a month.

veeservers.com $18 for 1 GB with McMyAdmin.

If you go to their sites, the recommended plays for us would fall into lower RAM..but if we want plugins we need MORE RAM.

Monark
02-09-2012, 06:41 PM
MinecraftLayer is about $20 a month for 1GB RAM. if you want more plugins, you need more RAM.

[Only registered and activated users can see links] has 700MB Ram for ~$7 a month.

veeservers.com $18 for 1 GB with McMyAdmin.

If you go to their sites, the recommended plays for us would fall into lower RAM..but if we want plugins we need MORE RAM.

We will have like, 20 plugins running.
Jail, iConomy, Chest, MultiWorlds, Borders, World Edit, World Guard, etc.

Ryan~
02-09-2012, 06:43 PM
o.o Okay i dont know if 1 GB will be enough then. We could try a server with a 5 day money back guarantee....and if its lagging, we could upgrade.

Monark
02-09-2012, 06:45 PM
o.o Okay i dont know if 1 GB will be enough then. We could try a server with a 5 day money back guarantee....and if its lagging, we could upgrade.

They are all needed lol
That's why it's taking so long.
Well... yes, we can see xD
I just need to finish testing, it will take a little longer though.
If you could, meanwhile, create the paypal account, and have suggestions/help mme with the official thread...

Ryan~
02-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Just test and see how much RAM it is taking up lol.

Monark
02-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Just test and see how much RAM it is taking up lol.

lol, yeah *facepalm*
Going to do that.
I tried with 1 and it gone well...
But 2, 3 and 4 started to lag me.

Ryan~
02-09-2012, 06:56 PM
1GB of RAM? or 1 person?

Monark
02-09-2012, 06:59 PM
1GB of RAM? or 1 person?

Both.
Me and Blacksheep.
It went well, without plugins.

Ryan~
02-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Plugins take up a LOT of RAM. If you want 20 plugins....I don't know how you're going to run it on one computer without buying like an 8GB server lol

Monark
02-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Plugins take up a LOT of RAM. If you want 20 plugins....I don't know how you're going to run it on one computer without buying like an 8GB server lol

Yeah like, so can you look for an 8GB server price? lol

Ryan~
02-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Lol....about $100 a month.

Maybe you wont need 8 GB to run 20 plugins...I'm just saying it will take a lot and you may want to eliminate unnecessary plugins.

Monark
02-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Lol....about $100 a month.

Maybe you wont need 8 GB to run 20 plugins...I'm just saying it will take a lot and you may want to eliminate unnecessary plugins.

lol, yeah, let's test for now then.

Ryan~
02-09-2012, 07:31 PM
:P Just keep testing.

ConnorJS
02-10-2012, 06:39 AM
Why don't we just get the server up now, start playing and you can just add plugins as we go... And upgrade as we go? Or just get a steady 2GB of ram. I say we make it good for like 10 people and I would be willing to chip in :). I don't think we actually need 20 plugins really, just a few good ones?

Monark
02-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Why don't we just get the server up now, start playing and you can just add plugins as we go... And upgrade as we go? Or just get a steady 2GB of ram. I say we make it good for like 10 people and I would be willing to chip in :). I don't think we actually need 20 plugins really, just a few good ones?

Maybe... I will check it when I have time.
Life is busy right now

Ryan~
02-10-2012, 10:06 AM

I can set up a small server for a few people to play on this weekend. Not a bukkit server, though.

Monark
02-10-2012, 10:17 AM
I can set up a small server for a few people to play on this weekend. Not a bukkit server, though.

Hm... yeah, I think it's ok.
So we can build the spawn?

ConnorJS
02-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Good shout