PDA

View Full Version : Best ways to scam?

Chiller7
12-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Not the fastest way to make money, but social engineering is fun. I just recently lead on the whole avatar board by saying that my daughter had lost and FQD in a lend (an old gambit of mine if you've seen the troll thread) and that I needed to bring the guy to justice. They all freaked out and told me not to post his username lest I be frozen, so I told them my daughter really needed it back and if reporting the guy would get me the FQD back. Obviously the answer was no, so a couple of kind souls (suckers) offered to donate one to me, but I kept the game running to long and they grew leery and I missed my opportunity. I tried again last night but they've caught on to me.

So, what's your favorite scam?

I_royalty_I
12-20-2011, 01:51 PM
I used to tell people I needed them to watch my pets when I went on vacation.

I would make trades in the trading post asking for people to NM me if they were interested.

I had a whole script written up pretty much, for anything they would say back.

Essentially I told them I would give them my password, but they needed to give me theirs too because that was only fair.

It worked surprisingly well back then LOL

Mike
12-20-2011, 02:03 PM
I used to get big stolen Accounts with 300+ avs and go to AC, make a board saying I needed MSPP or BGC lends ;D
It worked once with a BGC, but they froze me with it xD
People usually do that...

Kylae
12-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Anyone remember the forgotten password bug of 2004? Ah, memories.

Awesome
12-20-2011, 02:24 PM
I remember I would NM resellers asking if they wanted to buy my SUPER RARE MAGICAL gold chomby plushie. I'd ask like 300k and a lot of people fell for it. Cause it was just a regular gold chomby plushie. I made like 15m over a few weeks :P

Kory
12-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Anyone remember the forgotten password bug of 2004? Ah, memories.

your talking about when they would log in ur account after u "gave them it" and they changed the pw and u sent the pw to urself via email and checked if it was the same as there accounts? ahahahha that was so epic.

Inq
12-20-2011, 02:30 PM
your talking about when they would log in ur account after u "gave them it" and they changed the pw and u sent the pw to urself via email and checked if it was the same as there accounts? ahahahha that was so epic.

Haha, I have to admit, that's pretty funny.

Shichibukai
12-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Scamming is not cool :(
I used to be legit once, and I hated scamming

Kory
12-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Haha, I have to admit, that's pretty funny.

yeah i made so much money from that, even got like 20m from 1 person 1 time, lol.

Chiller7
12-20-2011, 02:58 PM
See, the chomby thing amazes me, everyone on Neo is so cautious. Until you appeal to the emotions, they'll just call you a scammer and report you. That's why you have to lower your ethical standards and tell them your best friend died and reap the sympathy gifts. :)

Miguel
12-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Closed, sorry guys don't want the site to get a bad rep for scamming