PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] How to Time Keep for Attic/Kads ☽

Cub
06-09-2014, 03:16 PM
Cub's Guide On Time Keeping

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Both kadding and atticing require time keeping. I am here to basically make things easier for you with a few tips and tricks that can help predict when kads/attic are going to refresh.

The idea of keeping track of the seconds allows the user to spend less time refreshing. Usually for kadding it requires 90 seconds of refreshing, or with attic 60 seconds if you do not record the seconds in which the last main went. This is honestly the most time consuming thing ever, especially if you are trying to kad/attic and do other things. By keeping track of the seconds, you only have to refresh from the seconds that the last main went to the end of the minute/minute and a half.

Kadding

Both kads and attic go on a 7 minute system, with kads taking 28 minutes in between mains. A few years ago, they would go at a set time every 7 minutes which would require the user to only refresh for a few seconds rather then the 90 seconds due to the unpredictability of the mains. Currently, users have to refresh for 90 seconds in order to determine if the main is going to "go" or not. This method can reduce it since the main will only go after the seconds of the previous main.
If the seconds are late into the minute (like :50+) there is also a high chance for kads to go early in the next minute, which

An easy way to reduce the amount of time needed to refresh, is to record the seconds that the main "went".

Step 1: Learn how to timekeep normally, there are quite a few guides out there to help you. I would recommend this ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) one.

Step 2: When a main goes, feed a kad so that you get to the page that says "Hoorah!
You've made ____ a very happy Kadoatie." :

Do not press "Back to the Kadoatery", instead press your browsers back button and all the items needed as if the main hadn't gone:

Step 3: Right click, and press "Page Source" which will take you pages source code.

Step 4: Press control f (command f if you're on mac) and search "nst" which will show a time like this:

which gives you the seconds at which the page refreshed aka the main went.
So whatever the time is + 28 minutes equals the time of the new main.

Notes:

Once a kad main is fed, they pend for 28 minutes
After a pend, refresh every 7 minutes until a new main goes
Minis (aka UB's that have been fed out of sync with the main) have to sync back in with the main, so they will start pending 28 minutes after they get fed but on the same times as when the main goes. For example: Main went at :02 and the mini was fed at :04. The main would start to pend at :30 now, but the mini would NOT pend at :32, it would start to pend at :37 to be in sync with the main.
Once you start time keeping the seconds, you will notice slight patterns of when to refresh. It might seem hard at first, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it becomes much easier!

Attic

Attic is similar in this regard, as it goes on 7 minute time frame.

Like kads, I check the page source once attic goes. If you choose to click on a item, press the backspace button once you get to "Oh you found something you wanted?" page:

and it go back to the page prior to the new attic and Press control/command f and search "nst" which will show a time like this:

which will be the seconds for the next attic.

Notes:

Attic pends every 7 minutes, but if you buy an item you cant buy another item for 15 minutes (aka 2 pends)
If the seconds are known for attic, refreshing is only required for about 15-20 seconds after instead of the whole minute
You can only buy a max amount of 5 items per day, per account
Accounts must be over 3 years in order to see attic
Every attic pend increases the seconds by 1 (if you want to be precise). For example: Last Attic went at 49:50 and it pended at :56 and :03, but went at :10. The seconds to start refreshing for :10 would be :10:53.

Helpful Program to help Time Keep

Mac Users Only

Clair showed me this super cool app for mac users it is basically a time keeper for the kadoatery, but I also use it for attic since they are at the same intervals. Just make attic a mini. It will make a noise whenever the person needs to refresh. Its super helpful!

Click to download here ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

ty for reading :$

Nicole
06-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Great guide !

Master Shake
06-09-2014, 03:49 PM
I LOVE THISS... I've been looking for something like this for awhile, thanks Cub

Cub
06-09-2014, 03:59 PM
thanks homiess

:$

cootiesbag
06-09-2014, 08:29 PM

Cub
06-09-2014, 10:30 PM
ty friend :$ :$

Tablo
06-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Nice guide if I still did either of these, will help people though, no doubt about it, great job.

boomer
06-09-2014, 10:56 PM
Very nice!

I just use this for Attic times though since I am super lazy: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

If someone makes something like that for Kads too I will love you in a platonic non-creepy way forever.

Cub
06-09-2014, 11:12 PM
Very nice!

I just use this for Attic times though since I am super lazy: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

If someone makes something like that for Kads too I will love you in a platonic non-creepy way forever.
Yeah i've head that one works! Sometimes it dies in the middle of the night though, so I dont trust it all the time :P

Clair
06-09-2014, 11:42 PM
boomer The updates for current kad times will always be in the games chat on the TK board if you're lucky or else in the kad chat board. Though they don't really keep track of the seconds.
The timer I recommended is more of a reminder timer. You input the time and it starts a 7 minute countdown. If you kad or attic, and you're forgetful like me, it's super helpful cause it dings every 7 minutes to remind you to RF.

I'd also like to add that that guide is no longer accurate. It says the attic Rfs at 53 seconds past the minute, but like kads the seconds are now randomized. The timer does list the correct seconds but it looks like the FAQ underneath is out of date, so don't be misinformed.

Great guide! Cub <3

Roy
06-09-2014, 11:56 PM
thanks to this guide, i was able to get the kad av for the first time EVER!!

could not have done it without you, cub :*

Cub
06-10-2014, 12:08 AM
thanks to this guide, i was able to get the kad av for the first time EVER!!

could not have done it without you, cub :*

cute :$ :$ :$

I am so glad!

Naked Gamer
06-10-2014, 04:28 AM
Cub thanks for the guide, I normally just ask for the times all the time so this will cancel that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foxglove
06-10-2014, 05:24 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cub again.

:( I had no idea about the seconds thing; this is so useful! I'll come back to rep you once the site allows me to do so again.

Cub
06-10-2014, 06:16 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cub again.

:( I had no idea about the seconds thing; this is so useful! I'll come back to rep you once the site allows me to do so again.

aww thanks so much! and yeah, a lot of people dont know.. but it totally helps!

Cub
06-13-2014, 01:21 AM
fixed stuffff

Cub
06-25-2014, 08:12 PM
updateddd

and ps the kad boards are actually showing the times now yay

Cub
10-26-2014, 01:32 AM
bumpinh

CrunchyNipples
11-13-2014, 06:31 PM
Managed to feed my first kad, thank you!!