PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Asian Dramas/ Movies forum

coldblaze
06-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Can I suggest this one be separate form the main movies/tv forums since it can be so different. Perhaps one for foreign film and drama in general since there's folk that prefer Spanish soaps and Nigerian ones too.

Master Shake
06-07-2014, 06:04 PM
I doubt Joe would make a separate forum for the sole reason that I don't think there would be enough users that prefer such to keep it active. I mean even the Photography thread hardly stays active. But I could be wrong.

Raj
06-07-2014, 07:22 PM
oh lord asian dramas and love triangles

Tablo
06-07-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm in support of this, I watch a few dramas from time to time ;)

Sakuras
06-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Like said above, I think it's way too specialized to have it's own forum. Maybe you could have a big topic about it in the Movies/TV forum?

Tablo
06-07-2014, 11:08 PM
Like said above, I think it's way too specialized to have it's own forum. Maybe you could have a big topic about it in the Movies/TV forum?

Its not really IMO, the amount of these and their viewerbase is absolutely huge. Like, huge.

Sakuras
06-08-2014, 01:12 AM
Tablo There might be a huge viewership all over the world, but I'm not sure if there's a large enough viewership on clraik to constitute it's own forum.

Tablo
06-08-2014, 01:20 AM
SCf3

You might be right, but whats the harm?

Naked Gamer
06-08-2014, 03:01 AM
Wouldn't it be called "Asian Entertainment"?

I would agree but since there is actually so many different types of Asian Languages that could be a issue there maybe, just a thought there unless you guys want to target certain like Japanese, Chinese etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sakuras
06-08-2014, 10:54 AM
Tablo Then you'll have a somewhat inactive forum, which doesn't look good for clraik, when in reality it could be discussed in the Movies/TV forum or have it's own sub-forum. But personally, from my experience from running Neo forums back in the day, I wouldn't do it. (have it's own forum) But a sub-forum under Movies/TV called Foreign or Asian TV/Movies could work though. I just don't think it has enough activity to stand alone. How many topics now do we have on the subject? That could tell you a lot about future activity.

Tablo
06-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Alright alright, I think I see where you are coming from now.

coldblaze
06-09-2014, 10:25 AM
I think a sub-forum for Asian movies and series would be good under that forum since I think its the kind of thing that mostly grows on you once you get round to it. The movies and series I wanted to raise don't really go with the more action-y theme that many American series are going towards which can make a jarring tangent on a different forum.
Perhaps a subforum for Asian music as well (since I've recently been seeing quite a bit on K-pop and J-rock)?

raxn
06-13-2014, 08:08 PM
I'm up for it :D