PDA

View Full Version : What are your favourite old school games? - Any console

coldblaze
06-07-2014, 03:17 PM
I was just remembering this old game, Axe, that my brother and I would have to load via floppy disk every time. I loved the dwarf and his axe. Just got ticked there wasn't a girl dwarf or a way to play one of the dragons. :)

Anyone have any old games they remember and want to see remastered for a current console or something along those lines?

Aska
06-10-2014, 12:21 AM
I really love Super Mario Kart and honestly kind of miss having my eyes destroyed by Rainbow Road.

Naked Gamer
06-10-2014, 03:21 AM
I still got a working PS1 with the last game I played a old Yugioh game, I use to love Yugioh after getting hooked on the TV show same with the Dragon Ball Z-GT games.

I also have a Non-working N64 with James Bond Golden Eye in it that I played hours on end yet I still couldn't beat the game in the hardest mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saria
06-10-2014, 04:44 AM
Power Stone 2 for the Dreamcast. Obviously not the best game in the world, but I played it so much in the past.

Effektivv
06-10-2014, 04:48 AM
Banjo kazooie
spyro 1,2,3
Perfect dark

Still got them haha

Naked Gamer
06-10-2014, 04:58 AM
Banjo kazooie
spyro 1,2,3
Perfect dark

Still got them haha

I remember these, I only played Spyro 1 though I just didn't get hooked but perfect dark and Banjo where epic for there time.

kiyomi
06-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Friday the 13th for NES. I used to play the hell out of that game when I was a kid.

Cath
06-10-2014, 09:53 AM
I still got a working PS1 with the last game I played a old Yugioh game, I use to love Yugioh after getting hooked on the TV show same with the Dragon Ball Z-GT games.

I also have a Non-working N64 with James Bond Golden Eye in it that I played hours on end yet I still couldn't beat the game in the hardest mode.

James Bond Golden Eye was such a good game on the N64 ! I still have it, but I haven't played it in forever.

Tabaluga Arktos was definitely my favorite PC game as a kid.
I also loved to play Super Mario World on the NSES and Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast.

I still have all of those games and they are still working. :P

Naked Gamer
06-10-2014, 09:56 AM
James Bond Golden Eye was such a good game on the N64 ! I still have it, but I haven't played it in forever.

Tabaluga Arktos was definitely my favorite PC game as a kid.
I also loved to play Super Mario World on the NSES and Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast.

I still have all of those games and they are still working. :P

I downloaded a N64 emulator to play Golden eye couple of months ago and I think I should of left the sleeping dog lye, after years of playing COD now playing Golden Eye wasn't that great to what my memory of it :) :D

Thommy
06-10-2014, 11:43 AM
I miss the old linear platformer format, talking original NES and to a lesser extent Genesis and SNes

Games went fast and even with bad 20 second text endings you didn't mind playing through them again, stuff like the original Contra and whatnot.

The 3D-world games theres really just either too much fluff to do, or the mechanics can be grossly abused to get through everything - with plethoras of saves or checkpoints, meh

baileaf
06-10-2014, 12:13 PM
When I was little I loved playing Spyro on my Gameboy. :) I miss that little purple dragon!

Raj
06-10-2014, 12:26 PM
pokemon ruby, sapphire, or emerald
super mario adventure 2 for GBA
tony hawks pro skater
fuzion frenzy
kingdom hearts

i grew up on these games :')

sharzhu
06-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Omg yes! Super mario kart definitely. Missed when my friends and I would all bring our Nintendo DS to school and play it together lol! Haha, and rainbow road is not one to forget ;)

Elmo
06-12-2014, 05:04 AM
Snes-super mario allstars
Zombies are my neighbours

Master system-
Alex the Kidd in miracle world

katalyst
06-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Super Mario RPG. ♥

kiyomi
06-22-2014, 04:09 PM
I also used to love playing Zombies Ate my Neighbors for SNES.

HippoMoon
06-23-2014, 05:16 PM
Spyro all the way!! on the Playstation. the first one. c; I still replay that one.

Also Donkey Kong Country on the Super Nintendo. c:

Accelerator
06-23-2014, 05:20 PM
The only consoles I've had were N64 (good old times :)) and PS2, and aside from a few PS2 games (Battlefront, Battlefront 2 and some others I can't remember XD) the N64 games I had were the classic ones: Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2, Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Tooie :D and IMO the best ones... ofc I never completed them 100% XDD

PikaPoogle1
06-25-2014, 02:45 PM
old games ohhhh my i loved games as far back as nintendo like Captain Skyhawk, all the mario bros, and Silk Worm ect (thank you emulators) sega i was all about some Golden Ax, Might and Magic, and Landstalker (again gotta love emulators) playstation was wen Final Fantasy s only to later find the FF series on emulators for my old systems lol now a days its pc games i can mod or PSH which i can use a JB to run ISE programs for lol all and all i loved games all along and still loving them so its hard to narrow down wat games i liked but id say RPG in general

AskJeeves
06-28-2014, 06:16 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

My favorite was for the ps1.
It was made by Lucas Arts (which is now owned by Disney, so I'll never see it remade)
But it was an action/adventure game set in Greece.
You could play as Herc, Jason, or Atlanta.
It was cartoon-y and comical, and I absolutely fell in love with it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]'s_Adventures

hizziro
06-28-2014, 09:06 PM
My favorite old old game would have to be Rampage for GBC.

I could play it for hours when I was little.

thrivill29
11-28-2014, 05:24 PM
Fate undiscovered realms, and the fable series

Just a Neopetter
11-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Any Sonic the Hedgehog games on sega genesis, Puggsy, Primal Rage, Puyo Puyo, the Valis series... the list goes on :rolleyes:

JordBarb
11-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Spyro, Crash Bandicoot! Harvest Moon for PSX was awesome as well. Also Oblivion, though that's a bit more recent.

Nerevarine
12-30-2014, 10:18 AM
The Spyro games, definitely! Those were my life as a kid.

Sezy
01-12-2015, 11:11 AM
Spyro the dragon on the PS1 ♥

ooooor Crash Bandicoot on the PS1

Love them :)

Virus
01-12-2015, 07:30 PM
I read this as "old SCHOOL games"

as in like.......red rover....four square

omg.

chiro
01-12-2015, 09:26 PM
All the spyro games, definitely.

iAirHeartz
01-17-2015, 03:22 PM
I've always loved all of the Pokemon games, but I love love love Pokemon Snap for N64. Ooh also I really liked the Stadium games they had for Pokemon on that console, but I mostly just played the mini games :P

Sinnamoon
02-06-2015, 01:29 PM
I loved Earthbound for the SNES, I would LOVE to see that redone. Also desperately pining for a remake of Kirby Airride.

I have fond memories of Soulblade for the PS1 also.

cloudxcrash
02-06-2015, 03:09 PM
ActRaiser
Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel
Donkey Kong 64
Pokemon Stadium & Pokemon Snap
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury

Just a few favorites.

looklook123123
02-06-2015, 07:51 PM
I'd also go with DK64. And of course the old pokemon games (namely G/S/C) but I play those on playR from time to time so it's all good :P
I never met anyone who ever beat DK64 though :P

DarkByte
02-06-2015, 08:07 PM
I was just remembering this old game, Axe, that my brother and I would have to load via floppy disk every time. I loved the dwarf and his axe. Just got ticked there wasn't a girl dwarf or a way to play one of the dragons. :)

Anyone have any old games they remember and want to see remastered for a current console or something along those lines?

That game is not called Axe , its Golden Axe..

You could choose any of the above players... Here is the dwarf riding a dragon I dont know if this was only available when it was ported to console but you could actually knock enemys off them and use them yourself on snes/genesis versions.

Friday the 13th for NES. I used to play the hell out of that game when I was a kid.

That game sucked looking back but was awsome at the time (god we are old) it had the best game over screen in history too...

My fave game ever is Zelda A link to the past on the super nintendo. It is a master peace and was extremely innovative. Even the music was just epic for the time. It was also one of the few snes games to have a save feature (it had a watch battery inside the cart keeping a small amount of memory alive with your save games on).

Second would be a game called shemnue on the dreamcast , amazing story line and gameplay alot of games you see today use alot of its features. It was supposed to be a trilogy but only the first 2 got released before sega went bankrupt.... I never got to see the ending :(.

P.S Sonic > mario *hides*

kiyomi
02-17-2015, 05:07 PM
That game sucked looking back but was awsome at the time (god we are old) it had the best game over screen in history too...

lol Yes it did suck. But it was one of my favorite rainy day indoor pass times. I used to play it using a emulator. Quite a few years ago, I was dog sitting for a cousin. Had her dog sitting on my lap while playing. Computer speakers on full blast. Jason popped up and when his music started it scared the crap out of my cousins dog. Was the funniest thing I had ever seen. The dog jumped off my lap, ran under the bed and started barking, growling & whining. She was just a small Jack Russell Terrier.

Lindsay
02-17-2015, 05:38 PM
I've been hardcore missing Super Mario Allstars. I busted it out a few months ago and played on my awesome Super Nintendo. lol

Misha
02-17-2015, 09:23 PM
I've been hardcore missing Super Mario Allstars. I busted it out a few months ago and played on my awesome Super Nintendo. lol

That was the best game ever besides just Super Mario 3. I also miss Super Smash Bros for n64, I can't find it anywhere :(

Or Star Fox, Goldeneye 007, Dig Dug, Galaga, you gotta love Pac Man/Ms. Pac Man, Crazy Taxi, Spyro, Splinter Cell, Syphon Filter, Metal Gear Solid, the list just goes on and on and on and on.......

Lindsay
02-17-2015, 09:25 PM
That was the best game ever besides just Super Mario 3. I also miss Super Smash Bros for n64, I can't find it anywhere :(

Or Star Fox, Goldeneye 007, Dig Dug, Galaga, you gotta love Pac Man/Ms. Pac Man, Crazy Taxi, Spyro, Splinter Cell, Syphon Filter, Metal Gear Solid, the list just goes on and on and on and on.......
Super Smash Bros is on Ebay.. but the cartridges sell for $45+

Misha
02-17-2015, 09:26 PM
Super Smash Bros is on Ebay.. but the cartridges sell for $45+

Yeah that's what I mean, it was a good game, but idk how much I'd want to spend 45 dollars on it!

DarkByte
02-17-2015, 10:58 PM
Download a emulator on pc , stick a hdmi cable into pc , get a gamecube/n64 joypad off ebay thats been converted to a usb stick for ur pc. :D

Guy
02-18-2015, 05:40 AM
I really like the Megaman Battle Network series lol
they aren't the greatest games ever, but the gameplay and shit is pretty fun & I spent a lottt of time playing em as a kid...I played em recently on an emulator and it was just as fun as I remember ~