PDA

View Full Version : Really Underwieght :/

Master Shake
06-07-2014, 01:01 PM
Got the help I needed..

simmie
06-07-2014, 01:04 PM
Um I would think this a concern you should take up with your doctor? Unless you like those protien bars that help you gain weight, only thing I can think that would add some muscle and fat?

Master Shake
06-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Um I would think this a concern you should take up with your doctor? Unless you like those protien bars that help you gain weight, only thing I can think that would add some muscle and fat?

I have already went a couple of times, they said all my hormones and stuff were normal.

simmie
06-07-2014, 01:10 PM
I feel weird because assuming we're the same Age, i'm 5'3 and 135 pounds ;__;
but protien shakes? Bars? Maybe google some of those bars that help you gain weight if you're really concerned...kalteen bars :rolleyes:

Master Shake
06-07-2014, 01:14 PM
I feel weird because assuming we're the same Age, i'm 5'3 and 135 pounds ;__;
but protien shakes? Bars? Maybe google some of those bars that help you gain weight if you're really concerned...kalteen bars :rolleyes:

Yeah, I have some protien bars here at the house I've been eating.. Over the last month I have gained like 5lbs..

Ian
06-07-2014, 01:19 PM
I'm really tall for my age.

06-07-2014, 01:40 PM
how old are you?

Master Shake
06-07-2014, 01:43 PM
how old are you?

pmed!!!!!

Naked Gamer
06-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Introduce more protein into your diet, more chicken, eggs, bacon, for brekky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

learningtoneopet1
06-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Master Shake I was 60 lbs at the age of 13, I was like 5'6 :P I went to the doctor for it and guess what he prescribed me? One big scoop of peanut butter a day :P. Eventually I stopped that cause I gained enough weight, and since then, I have doubled to 120 and I'm now 5'11. Still underweight I think, but the peanut butter helps a ton.

Master Shake
06-07-2014, 02:28 PM
@Master Shake ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) I was 60 lbs at the age of 13, I was like 5'6 :P I went to the doctor for it and guess what he prescribed me? One big scoop of peanut butter a day :P. Eventually I stopped that cause I gained enough weight, and since then, I have doubled to 120 and I'm now 5'11. Still underweight I think, but the peanut butter helps a ton.

Wow! really? I'll have to try that.

learningtoneopet1
06-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Wow! really? I'll have to try that.

Yup :P Sometimes I would even eat 2-3 big scoops a day, but you don't want to eat more than 1 too often in one day because then it's just unhealthy.

Master Shake
06-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Yup :P Sometimes I would even eat 2-3 big scoops a day, but you don't want to eat more than 1 too often in one day because then it's just unhealthy.

I will certainly do this !

coldblaze
06-08-2014, 01:44 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Eat healthy - fruits in the morning and leafy green veg (not just cabbage and lettuce), snacks - yoghurt is sweet, and has proteins and fats on top of being great for settling upset stomachs. tortilla chips are also great since the fibre will help with your increased protein intake. Check around the forums and ask if anyone's a nutritionist to help you set up a good balanced diet that will maximise your weight gain and growth without negatively impacting your physical or mental development.

If the docs say its normal, it may simply be part of your genetics. I was almost precisely 35kg from the time I was 15 till about 21 (give or take 2 kgs). I was so skinny they had to tailormake my high school uniform and I shopped in the kids section till I was 22. Size zero jeans and dresses, hun. Not cool! I exercised some in high school but in uni, this was while eating fast food every day and my only exercise was weekly walks + whatever distance it was to class and the piano rooms + shooting hoops and i literally mean standing in diff places and throwing a ball at a hoop. Your body might just not be ready to grow.

Keep a smile on your face and find something to laugh about at least thrice a day. Confidence and happiness are things that everyone wants to get in on, regardless of how you look. Best of luck with this.

Foxglove
06-08-2014, 01:56 AM
My brother struggles with the same issue! He's 5'9" or 5'10" and weighs about 110 lbs or so, and constantly talks about how he needs to gain weight. Among the advice he's received, the most consistent was to ingest more protein (be it via meat or protein shakes). But beyond that, I keep telling him that if he was born to be a skinny guy, then he'll need to learn to accept himself. I'd rather him be a little skinnier than everyone else rather than have him destroy his health because he wanted to look bigger.

Not2EXceL
06-08-2014, 03:33 AM
Master Shake When I was 5'8" I was only 135lbs. That's underweight. Also caculate your TDEE and then eat more calories than that. I'd start with 500 cal over.

Master Shake
06-08-2014, 08:30 AM
@Master Shake ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) When I was 5'8" I was only 135lbs. That's underweight. Also caculate your TDEE and then eat more calories than that. I'd start with 500 cal over.

aha the dr estimated me to be 5'8 at max max height.

Thommy
06-09-2014, 11:30 AM
What was your bodyfat %age measured at?

While often a poor measure regarding upper weights, it allows a better informed opinion with the lower weights.

Still going to boil down to eating more calories than you burn in a day, if you go the protein shake route, make sure they aren't appetite curbing, doesn't help if you replace a meal with a 120-200 calorie shake.

Also, what do you drink for the most part, diet sodas, water, fruit juice, etc. Alot of people that are heavier have a high intake of empty calories (from their drinks).

aviv
06-10-2014, 06:03 PM
try eating fun stuff (not too unhealthy), and the weight you want to gain should be more muscle mass than fat. consider exercising- it also develops an appetite, and physical activity releases Endorphins which make you happy!!1 :)

Master Shake
06-11-2014, 10:01 AM
What was your bodyfat %age measured at?

While often a poor measure regarding upper weights, it allows a better informed opinion with the lower weights.

Still going to boil down to eating more calories than you burn in a day, if you go the protein shake route, make sure they aren't appetite curbing, doesn't help if you replace a meal with a 120-200 calorie shake.

Also, what do you drink for the most part, diet sodas, water, fruit juice, etc. Alot of people that are heavier have a high intake of empty calories (from their drinks).
BMI doesn't refer to me I'm under 18.

Tablo
06-11-2014, 10:25 AM
You shouldnt worry about your weight at that age. Eat what you like man.

Thommy
06-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Depending on how active you are, you should probably join a website such as

Then log in your activities with your current weight and stuff to the best of your knowledge, while the estimates for the activities aren't going to be exact, it could show you where your problem is. If you are playing a ton of sports and burning off a thousand or so calories a day doing that, its tough to eat that back + your basic amount needed + even more still to gain weight. While I am not suggesting you become less active and eat more, you can at least shift your diet around towards foods that won't be as filling (less fiber) and have higher calorie contents. Avoid stuff high in sugars (don't want to become diabetic) and salts.

But being able to visually identify a problem is part of the solution really. Also remember too that some people have less skeletal mass than others (especially if they do not consume alot of calcium so its also possible that even after attaining a form that you are happy with, you may still be 'light' on the scale.

aviv
06-11-2014, 05:56 PM
My BMI is 15.4 :/

Considering this... I'm bad underwieght

Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5�24.9
Overweight = 25�29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

That only applies to people aged 18 and over, it doesn't apply to you. just keep yourself healthy and avoid obesity, and when you start reaching the age, AND ONLY THEN should you worry about your weight.
Also, avoiding eating enough in your teens could damage your body for the long run.

Caleb
06-19-2014, 09:21 AM
Honestly dude, you just have to force yourself to eat more. You don't necessarily have to eat more per serving, but rather just eat more servings throughout the day. If you are serious about gaining weight, then make the change. Eat lean meats, nuts, oatmeal, peanut butter, drink lots of whole milk, etc. I would suggest getting into the gym and lifting. Don't do cardio, just go in and lift. You're in your prime if you're going into 10th grade, your body can recover quickly, so hit the weights hard and often. Do the exercises that will be good cornerstone exercises that you can build a good foundation off of, such as Squats, deadlifts, and bench press. Make a change for yourself dude!

Skylily
06-19-2014, 12:04 PM
If you're in high school, you might just be kind of in that growth spurt stage?
I know so many guys who were very thing in high school and in the early 20's never changed how they ate, their metabolisms fell, and they gained weight like crazy. And many that worked out and have gained muscle weight. xD

If you are unhappy with your doctor you are ALWAYS allowed to go to another one.

One thing that's good to learn early on is that doctors in the USA that care about their patients are few and far between. They are there for money to cover their costs and the system is kind of convoluted and bad and it's unfortunate that it's the patients that pay the price with shitty healthcare. However, since you are very young, just make sure you are eating what you need to eat in a day. Do not undereat!

Rain
06-19-2014, 12:13 PM
I used to be super underweight too. Had a BMI of 15, 5"0, and just over 80 lbs.
Then I ate McDonalds everyday for like a year.
Now I have a BMI of 18. :$
Probably not the healthiest way to go about it.

But that's why there's a thing called dirty bulking, I guess.

To reiterate what others said, you seem pretty young and you probably haven't gone through puberty. Your weight/height should be healthy if you're eating fine. If what you're worried about is not health-related, then yeah, try healthy bulking, but you're still pretty young, so I'd say wait till you grow a bit. :P

Benny
06-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Gaining weight is as simple as eating more calories than you burn. To figure out roughly how many calories you burn a day, use a Total Daily Energy Expenditure calculator like this:
TDEE Calculator ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Your goal should be to eat ~500 more calories than you burn daily.

If your ultimate goal is to be muscular, that's all well and good, but right now because you are severely underweight, you should just worry about eating eating eating. Don't get caught up in the complexities. Get those calories in your body. Get those fats and oils in your body. Lots of dairy if you can handle it. Ideally you should gain about 1 pound a week.

Good luck man.

santy25105
06-20-2014, 06:13 AM
Eat healthy diet which provide you good health and proper vitamins.

kfuentes
07-20-2014, 07:54 AM
i have the same problem, the only thing that helped me was just to always be eating. well not literally always, but make sure you have 3 full course meals a day and always always always eat snacks in between whether or not youre hungry. whats the harm?

Master Shake
07-20-2014, 10:04 AM
i have the same problem, the only thing that helped me was just to always be eating. well not literally always, but make sure you have 3 full course meals a day and always always always eat snacks in between whether or not youre hungry. whats the harm?
I've been trying to make myself eat more here lately.

|2eap
07-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Do what I do because i'm currently looking to bulk up/ bulking up.

Work out, eat right.
take preworkout with creatine. Drink half before half during workout.
After workout i normally wait an hour then I make a protein shake and chug it.
I do this twice a day every day during the week.
In a month I have gained 15 pounds. ;)
I now weigh 170
Pushing for 210 but realistically 190ish would be satisfaction.

simmie
07-20-2014, 07:42 PM

|2eap
07-20-2014, 07:53 PM

*toned

simmie
07-20-2014, 08:00 PM
*toned

STILL

i feel fat af compared to everyone

Sociopath
07-20-2014, 11:12 PM
Why not buy meal replacements? There's a lot of products on the market that will make you gain weight. Probably vitamin world for powders. They usually have ensure at grocery stores

Lincoln
07-22-2014, 02:18 AM
I've been losing weight randomly lately myself :/

JiB
07-25-2014, 11:48 AM
It's gonna seem rather blunt but the key to gaining weight is EATING.
You can work out all you want but as long as you don't eat enough throughout the day, you're not going to be gaining any weight.