PDA

View Full Version : [UNSUPPORTED] NeoQuester! - Fully Automated Neoquest 1 Completer

Pages : [1] 2 3

methrend
06-02-2014, 03:19 AM
NeoQuester

Last updated: A long time ago! Please read recent comments to see if it's working for others.

DISCLAIMER: Do not run this 24/7 from start to finish without breaks. Stop it at human-like intervals and take a break before starting it again!

So it's finally ready for public release and usage!

NeoQuester is a program written in Python that will play NeoQuest 1 from start to finish with no input from you at all - just set it up and let it go! It should work on all major Operating Systems, since it uses Python (Windows/Mac/Linux), though I can only provide help/support for Windows at the moment.

It will work on all 3 difficulty levels and uses an optimal Skills and Item guide, along with over-levelling to make sure you don't die mid-quest (Though this is still a possibility on Evil and Insane - if this occurs, the bot will automatically start a new game and carry on)

How to Install/Use

Download and Install Python 2.7.7 (if you haven't already) from here:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
(Make sure to grab the correct Installer for your system (e.g. I'm running Windows 8 64-bit, so would use the X86-64 MSI Installer))
Then download the zip file for the program right here on clraik:
Extract the zip into any location you want.
Open "Accounts.txt" with your favourite text editor (notepad perhaps?), and change the settings for your neopets account details. (If you don't use a proxy, leave that section blank.)
For example, if my account name was "account" and my password was "password" and I didn't want to use a proxy, I would have:
"account;password;;0"
The last digit is the difficulty level - 0 is Normal, 1 is Evil and 2 is Insane.
From there, you can just run client.py and let the bot do it's thing! The best option is to run it from a terminal/CMD window, so it is easier to track on the off-chance something goes wrong, but it is not completely necessary.

If the program fails at all, it'll exit out as normal - however, restarting it will ask you to input a stage number to start from. These numbers can be found in "Stages.txt". Use the .html snapshots in the "STAGES" folder to figure out where you should be located at the start of the stage you're continuing from. If you're still having trouble, ask me for help and I'll get back to you when I can (Post or PM, happy with either).

FAQ

Can this be used if I've never played/Already have a game in progress?
Yes! The bot will check for both of these scenarios - if you have a game in progress, it will start a new game from scratch at the difficulty you set it to

What do I do if the program crashes/something goes wrong?
Let me know! If you're running it in a cmd window, the bot should tell you what didn't work - let me know what that is. If you're just running client.py normally, and it closes out before you can see an error - check the end of the "log.txt" file and let me know what it was up to / where it broke. This'll tell me where the bot went wrong and I can look into fixing it, as well as tell you what to do to get you back on track

Can I pause and restart this at a later time at all?
Yes! The bot keeps a constant save file with the information it needs. If you want to stop it for whatever reason, do so (if running in a terminal/CMD window, use the shortcut "Ctrl+C" which will also force a save). Then you can just start it as normal whenever you want and it should pick up where you left off. The best places to stop are when it is grinding for levels, but it should still work if you stop it partway through moving somewhere (I have tested that extensively with no issues so far)

Will this bot get me on the fastest time list?
NO! I have not coded it to be fast, I have coded it to be efficient. There are some artificial slow downs in as well, just to make sure (i.e. leaving hunt mode on when moving somewhere). I think that everyone getting really fast finishes would be highly suspicious, and thus it is safer to be slower. (Sidenote: This may actually get you onto the list, though definitely not near the top)

I have an idea on how to improve this bot, what do I do?
TELL ME! I'm happy to look into implementing anything that will improve both how the bot works and the output it gives you.

j03
06-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Amazing program! The first NeoQuest auto-player that can actually finish the entire game without having to stop. :D This must have taken you a long time to make, much appreciation here! Great job methrend

methrend
06-02-2014, 09:51 AM
Amazing program! The first NeoQuest auto-player that can actually finish the entire game without having to stop. :D This must have taken you a long time to make, much appreciation here! Great job methrend

Thanks, quite proud of it :)

I'll give it a week or so to see if there's anything that needs ironing out that crops up, then maybe I'll make a start on a NQ2 player that does the same thing....though that one will take longer :P

Jordan
06-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Yes, an amazing program. I do not think I have seen another like it anywhere to be honest. Yeah there are plenty of trainers, but not a full program. Amazing job!

Carnage
06-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Methrend, you're a beast. Looking forward to testing this.

EDIT:

First impressions. Everything works great right out of the box, not a single issue.

Compulsiv
06-02-2014, 10:00 AM
+repped, this is great ^^

methrend
06-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Super frustrating, I'm running this on my main atm and I got all the way to the final boss without any issue (Evil difficulty), and then got killed :(

If it wasn't such a pain to figure out exactly where to go if we die, I'd do that instead of a full restart :\

watersniper
06-02-2014, 10:18 AM
Testing it out, now :) Thanks! Approximately how long does it take to complete?

methrend
06-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Testing it out, now :) Thanks! Approximately how long does it take to complete?

I don't have an exact time, but on normal it'll probably be around 7-8 hours? Evil seems to be taking a lot longer (thing over a day)

Best bet is to just run it and forget until it's done, but check on it every now and then to make sure it's still running....
If you do need to pause it (to use the account for something else), then you can. :)

Ban
06-02-2014, 10:31 AM
OMG YES <33333
Testing it right now while I'm playing the AC in another account <3

Thank you bro xD

Edit:
PS: If you made one for NQII, it would be awesome ;)
InSaNe is too boring for me n_n

methrend
06-02-2014, 10:52 AM
OMG YES <33333
Testing it right now while I'm playing the AC in another account <3

Thank you bro xD

Edit:
PS: If you made one for NQII, it would be awesome ;)
InSaNe is too boring for me n_n

Enjoy, and soon we shall all enjoy our shiny gold trophies :D

And NQ2 is definitely on the list. It might take me longer to do some of the mechanics, but on the plus side the movement steps I won't have to count out myself (as I have a whole bunch that work already).

Ban
06-02-2014, 10:56 AM

And NQ2 is definitely on the list. It might take me longer to do some of the mechanics, but on the plus side the movement steps I won't have to count out myself (as I have a whole bunch that work already).

OMG YES :D
I should have enough time per day to run the bot on my account after I'm done with the Altador Cup x3

Oh, true... you can find the steps in two different formats already done ^^
Also, can you make it so the bot will face Nox or not?
Cause Nox is a great idea for some easy xp on Normal and Evil... but I prefer to go past him on Insane o-o

methrend
06-02-2014, 10:59 AM
OMG YES :D
I should have enough time per day to run the bot on my account after I'm done with the Altador Cup x3

Oh, true... you can find the steps in two different formats already done ^^
Also, can you make it so the bot will face Nox or not?
Cause Nox is a great idea for some easy xp on Normal and Evil... but I prefer to go past him on Insane o-o

I skipped Nox on Normal when I did it legit, and had no issues. Will decide when I get there :P

Ban
06-02-2014, 11:01 AM
I skipped Nox on Normal when I did it legit, and had no issues. Will decide when I get there :P

I see xD
Nox is great for exp and some equipments... but dude... takes too much time lol
He keeps healing for 150 HP n______n
It's just annoying ;-;

j03
06-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Everyone should remember to stop this program periodically as NO ONE would ever play NQI in one go. :P

panelle
06-02-2014, 11:30 AM
DUDE! Major props for this, man. The ONLY complaint I wanted to make was that you can't see the battles (I'm weird; I like to see them), but then the fights stats came up in the CMD window, so now I don't have a single complaint :( Seriously, good job!

Daviid
06-02-2014, 01:57 PM
I was getting an error at stage "1 - Dank Cave section" at 146

I'll copy&paste:
Starting Neoquest Player
Logged in as - notmyrealusername
At level 10, Moving to Cave 4
Total Move Completion: 1.01%
Total Move Completion: 2.02%
Total Move Completion: 3.03%
Total Move Completion: 4.04%
Total Move Completion: 5.05%
Total Move Completion: 6.06%
Total Move Completion: 7.07%
Total Move Completion: 8.08%
Total Move Completion: 9.09%
Total Move Completion: 10.10%
Total Move Completion: 11.11%
Total Move Completion: 12.12%
Total Move Completion: 13.13%
Total Move Completion: 14.14%
Total Move Completion: 15.15%
Total Move Completion: 16.16%
Total Move Completion: 17.17%
Total Move Completion: 18.18%
Total Move Completion: 19.19%
Total Move Completion: 20.20%
Total Move Completion: 21.21%
Total Move Completion: 22.22%

Starting Fight!
Our Health: 73/75 | Enemy Health: 36/
Casting Absorption

Our Health: 74/75 | Enemy Health: 36/
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 75/75 | Enemy Health: 31/
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 75/75 | Enemy Health: 16/
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 75/75 | Enemy Health: 11/
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 75/75 | Enemy Health: 1/3
Attacking the enemy

Fight Completed

Total Move Completion: 23.23%
Total Move Completion: 24.24%
Total Move Completion: 25.25%
Total Move Completion: 26.26%
Total Move Completion: 27.27%
Total Move Completion: 28.28%
Total Move Completion: 29.29%
Total Move Completion: 30.30%
Total Move Completion: 31.31%
Total Move Completion: 32.32%
Total Move Completion: 33.33%

Starting Fight!
Our Health: 75/75 | Enemy Health: 38/
Casting Absorption

Our Health: 75/75 | Enemy Health: 38/
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 75/75 | Enemy Health: 31/
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 75/75 | Enemy Health: 22/
Attacking the enemy

Attacking the enemy

Attacking the enemy

Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 75/75 | Enemy Health: 17/
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 75/75 | Enemy Health: 9/3
Attacking the enemy

Casting Absorption

Attacking the enemy

Fight Completed

Total Move Completion: 34.34%
Total Move Completion: 35.35%
Total Move Completion: 36.36%
Total Move Completion: 37.37%
Total Move Completion: 38.38%
Total Move Completion: 39.39%
Total Move Completion: 40.40%
Total Move Completion: 41.41%
Total Move Completion: 42.42%
Total Move Completion: 43.43%
Total Move Completion: 44.44%
Total Move Completion: 45.45%
Total Move Completion: 46.46%
Total Move Completion: 47.47%
Total Move Completion: 48.48%
Total Move Completion: 49.49%

Starting Fight!
Our Health: 75/75 | Enemy Health: 33/
Casting Absorption

Our Health: 75/75 | Enemy Health: 33/
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 75/75 | Enemy Health: 23/
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 75/75 | Enemy Health: 6/3
Attacking the enemy

Fight Completed

Total Move Completion: 50.51%
Total Move Completion: 51.52%
Total Move Completion: 52.53%
Total Move Completion: 53.54%
Total Move Completion: 54.55%
Total Move Completion: 55.56%
Total Move Completion: 56.57%
Total Move Completion: 57.58%
Total Move Completion: 58.59%
Total Move Completion: 59.60%
Total Move Completion: 60.61%
Total Move Completion: 61.62%
Total Move Completion: 62.63%
Total Move Completion: 63.64%
Total Move Completion: 64.65%
Total Move Completion: 65.66%
Total Move Completion: 66.67%
Total Move Completion: 67.68%
Total Move Completion: 68.69%
Total Move Completion: 69.70%
Total Move Completion: 70.71%
Total Move Completion: 71.72%
Total Move Completion: 72.73%
Total Move Completion: 73.74%
Total Move Completion: 74.75%
Total Move Completion: 75.76%
Total Move Completion: 76.77%
Total Move Completion: 77.78%
Total Move Completion: 78.79%
Total Move Completion: 79.80%
Total Move Completion: 80.81%
Total Move Completion: 81.82%
Total Move Completion: 82.83%
Total Move Completion: 83.84%
Total Move Completion: 84.85%
Total Move Completion: 85.86%
Total Move Completion: 86.87%
Total Move Completion: 87.88%
Total Move Completion: 88.89%
Total Move Completion: 89.90%
Total Move Completion: 90.91%
Total Move Completion: 91.92%
Total Move Completion: 92.93%
Total Move Completion: 93.94%
Total Move Completion: 94.95%
Total Move Completion: 95.96%
Total Move Completion: 96.97%
Total Move Completion: 97.98%
Total Move Completion: 98.99%
Total Move Completion: 100.00%
We're at our destination!
Something went wrong with moving...exiting

I tried again and got the same error.
Opened the game in browser and was at the red mark:

I kept going by hand, is ther any way to use the AP again?

Elmo
06-02-2014, 02:49 PM

When I first ran it, everything was fine. Was levelling up to level 3 and then it closed. Now when I open it, it logs in then nothing at all happens. Any ideas?

mitchyfiasco
06-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Not sure what I am doing wrong and I am going to restart my computer to see if that helps, but every time I load it it randomly closes out, and closes to quickly for me to see why.

Jordan
06-02-2014, 03:27 PM
I tested this and i get stuck at some cave level 4 on the normal one. I have restarted it 3 times and still the same problem.

Daviid
06-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Not sure what I am doing wrong and I am going to restart my computer to see if that helps, but every time I load it it randomly closes out, and closes to quickly for me to see why.

If you are in windows:
Start > in Search Programs and Files type "cmd" > then in the Command prompt type "cd %path to the directory where you have the client.py and all%" and press enter it will probably say something like what I posted and it wont close.

mitchyfiasco
06-02-2014, 04:14 PM
If you are in windows:
Start > in Search Programs and Files type "cmd" > then in the Command prompt type "cd %path to the directory where you have the client.py and all%" and press enter it will probably say something like what I posted and it wont close.

Alright I will give this a shot! Thanks!

methrend
06-02-2014, 07:13 PM
I was getting an error at stage "1 - Dank Cave section" at 146

I'll copy&paste:

I tried again and got the same error.
Opened the game in browser and was at the red mark:

I kept going by hand, is ther any way to use the AP again?

Interesting, that's not one where I've had an issue before. If you want to use it again - be in dank cave 4, and be exactly ONE square above the staircase that leads back to cave 3. Then open your accountname.save file in ntoepad and change the first line to "147" (without quote marks). That'll kick it off from the step after where it went wrong.

When I first ran it, everything was fine. Was levelling up to level 3 and then it closed. Now when I open it, it logs in then nothing at all happens. Any ideas?

Nothing at all, but doesn't exit? Is it still at the levelling to 3 stage? Can you post the contents of your accountname.save file for me?

I tested this and i get stuck at some cave level 4 on the normal one. I have restarted it 3 times and still the same problem.

see above for what I said to Daviid - I'll look into this in the meantime.
Restarting when it errors will make it worse :\

Alright I will give this a shot! Thanks!

Let me know what you get. The other thing you can do is go into the saves folder and open accountname.save in notepad, and copy+paste the contents here for me.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

NOTICE!

I have just updated the program, so please redownload it and replace your current version.
For those of you who have had errors, if you don't mind it I recommend starting from scratch - otherwise you can copy your accountname.save file across to the new version and continue from where you were.

Changed in this version:

New system for when something breaks, which ensures you can't start from where you were again - and it tells you to come and post here :P
Added a couple of checks along the way, as well as fixed a couple that were checking the wrong thing.

appealtime
06-02-2014, 09:05 PM

Same thing happened when I tried this program. I just went into neoquest manually, was still stuck in town and then clicked 2 times left to move out of town and it fired up and been going ever since. Also does this get you the avatar?

methrend
06-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Same thing happened when I tried this program. I just went into neoquest manually, was still stuck in town and then clicked 2 times left to move out of town and it fired up and been going ever since. Also does this get you the avatar?

So it skipped the first move out of town, but managed to hit the stage after anyway? That's incredibly odd o.o
Not sure what might cause that...

The only NQ1 avatar is the one from Erick Cleaning the Gem right? If so, yeah you get that, since it's part of getting a weapon upgrade.

appealtime
06-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Yeah the program has exited about 15 times on me was every minute or two now it's doing at startup. Was getting caught up in battles and now it's saying it went wrong with the moves. Just made it to the first destination which is the dank caves. Hit 100% reached destination and crashed.

It was just Outside Dank cave after looking into it by checking. It would not hit "go" to go inside it said something was wrong with the moves. Tried to move it into the cave and restart and now I completely jacked it up :P Just loads and exits instantly.

methrend
06-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Yeah the program has exited about 15 times on me was every minute or two now it's doing at startup. Was getting caught up in battles and now it's saying it went wrong with the moves. Just made it to the first destination which is the dank caves. Hit 100% reached destination and crashed

Getting caught up in battles how? It is going to run into fights, but it should do fine with completing them.
Now that it's had a move fail (can you check in a browser wherebaouts your character is?), it won't continue.
If it was just on going to the Dank Cave, manually move your character into the first cave and don't move away from the exit, then open your accountname.save file (in the saves folder) and change the first line to "141" (without quotes)

That should get it back on track.

I should probably change that "We're at our destination" text to something else, since it'll show up whether the move succeeded /or/ failed regardless.

I've been having a few issues myself with it not loading page sproperly, but I think that's an issue with neopets themselves at the moment, since I'm getting issues just browsing the site normally as well. Maybe they have server problems since AC just started and all :\

appealtime
06-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Getting caught up in battles how? It is going to run into fights, but it should do fine with completing them.
Now that it's had a move fail (can you check in a browser wherebaouts your character is?), it won't continue.
If it was just on going to the Dank Cave, manually move your character into the first cave and don't move away from the exit, then open your accountname.save file (in the saves folder) and change the first line to "141" (without quotes)

That should get it back on track.

I should probably change that "We're at our destination" text to something else, since it'll show up whether the move succeeded /or/ failed regardless.

I've been having a few issues myself with it not loading page sproperly, but I think that's an issue with neopets themselves at the moment, since I'm getting issues just browsing the site normally as well. Maybe they have server problems since AC just started and all :\

Yes it did have problems getting nito the cave. I changed the line like you said (it was on 666) to 141 and it started training in cave one fight at least! then it crashed again. But now it's done 5+ fights again. It's crashing in fight I know because everytime I restart it says "were in the middle of a fight..." I don't know why it's crashing it closes way to fast :P and I don't know how to find a log of it. Seems to me it's crashing though (just from watching it) it's crashing after several rounds of trying to knock the Opponents HP down and failing to do so. As I just typed this line it crashed after the opp lost no hp after 5 rounds and it crashed. Is there a way I can find a log? It's typing out more then you're post about it message.

------------

Didn't move for about a minute this time and crashed again I think you're right about neopets servers

methrend
06-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Yes it did have problems getting nito the cave. I changed the line like you said (it was on 666) to 141 and it started training in cave one fight at least! then it crashed again. But now it's done 5+ fights again. It's crashing in fight I know because everytime I restart it says "were in the middle of a fight..." I don't know why it's crashing it closes way to fast :P and I don't know how to find a log of it. Seems to me it's crashing though (just from watching it) it's crashing after several rounds of trying to knock the Opponents HP down and failing to do so. As I just typed this line it crashed after the opp lost no hp after 5 rounds and it crashed. Is there a way I can find a log? It's typing out more then you're post about it message.

Hmm, I'll change it in a future update to actually save a log as well, which'll help.
Are you just running this from double clicking, or through idle? Can you try running it from a CMD window, that way when it crashes it won't actually close and you can check the error or whatever.
To do so, go to the folder that client.py is in, Right click on a blank space and hit "Open command window here", and then type "client.py" in the cmd window.

Let me know what it has when it crashes? :)

appealtime
06-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Sure i'll do it now since it just crashed. Tried to get into Cave 2 and crashed again. guessing it cant hit go again?

And was running through double clicking

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

told me to post where it was and the accountname.save file. that file says

and

I have no fucking idea where its at. Next to the water somehwere will have to check a map

hmant
06-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Definitely wanting to try this out, easy trophies on some shells ;) But i'll wait for some of these movement bugs get ironed out first.

methrend
06-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Sure i'll do it now since it just crashed. Tried to get into Cave 2 and crashed again. guessing it cant hit go again?

And was running through double clicking

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

told me to post where it was and the accountname.save file. that file says

and

I have no fucking idea where its at. Next to the water somehwere will have to check a map

Not hitting Go isn't the issue, the issue is in not making it to the cave entrance/exit/stairs. The program checks to see if it makes it to them, and if not, exits out (and changes the stage to 666 to prevent it from rerunning a move if you start it again).
It'll only go through if it recognises that it's made it to that point. Otherwise it's either having an issue getting /to/ that point, or it's having an issue with checking it's there.

The move script through that first cave might be broken somehow, though I'm not sure exactly how...I'll run a couple of checks on it

appealtime
06-02-2014, 09:48 PM
It's stuck 1 square NorthWest of the gap in the water of cave one when it crashed.

methrend
06-02-2014, 09:54 PM
It's stuck 1 square NorthWest of the gap in the water of cave one when it crashed.

Hmm....I just ran an account through to that point and it got through fine for me. Odd.
Can you change the first line of your save file to "142"
Then manually move your character back to the start of cave 1 (literally stood ON the cave exit), and then run the program again? It'll try and get through the cave again.

appealtime
06-02-2014, 10:05 PM
made it past the water and tracked my destination to 100% and then said to post that something went wrong with the moves. It's not at dank cave 2 yet it's about 8 moves past the bottom of the water is all.

Since I had reached the programs desired level for the caves to move to cave 2 I went ahead and moved to cave 2 right on the entrance and restarted the program and it's battling in cave 2 for levels 7-9 fine. Kinda found you're numbers in the stages haha. Although I don't know exact location everytime as it moves on later in the game. Hopefully it goes now!

methrend
06-02-2014, 10:09 PM
made it past the water and tracked my destination to 100% and then said to post that something went wrong with the moves. It's not at dank cave 2 yet it's about 8 moves past the bottom of the water is all.

Odd. Might as well skip this bit then - head through to cave 2, then move to one square to the right of the exit to cave 1.
Change the first line in the save file to "143" and run it.

If it keeps breaking, then might want to just leave it til tomorrow or something. I'm now getting a lot of crashes when it's trying to grab health or level values, which is definitely a neoepts issue (with not getting the page)

appealtime
06-02-2014, 10:16 PM
I just got my battle error in cmd.

Says

Our Health: 53/55 | Enemy Health: 3/28
Attacking the enemy

Fight Completed

Starting Fight!
Our Health: 55/55 | Enemy Health: 25/25
Casting Absorption

Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 55/55 | Enemy Health: 17/25
Attacking the enemy

Attacking the enemy

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\NeoQuester\client.py", line 64, in <module>
myGame.doLoop()
File "C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\NeoQuester\classes\NQLoop.py", line 236, in doLoop

move.go(self, self.acc, 0)
File "C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\NeoQuester\classes\move.py", line 24, in go
battle.doFight(theLoop, acc)
File "C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\NeoQuester\classes\battle.py", line 9, in doFight
health = getHP(acc, page)
File "C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\NeoQuester\classes\battle.py", line 84, in getHP
hpString = values[0] + "/" + values[1]
IndexError: list index out of range

C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\NeoQuester>

methrend
06-02-2014, 10:18 PM
I just got my battle error in cmd.

Says

Our Health: 53/55 | Enemy Health: 3/28
Attacking the enemy

Fight Completed

Starting Fight!
Casting Absorption

Attacking the enemy

Attacking the enemy

Attacking the enemy

File "C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\NeoQuester\client.py", line 64, in <module>
myGame.doLoop()
File "C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\NeoQuester\classes\NQLoop.py", line 236, in doLoop

File "C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\NeoQuester\classes\move.py", line 24, in go
File "C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\NeoQuester\classes\battle.py", line 9, in doFight
File "C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\NeoQuester\classes\battle.py", line 84, in getHP

Yeah that's definitely a TNT issue. From what I can tell, at the moment every now and then neopets is return a totally blank page instead of normal, which means the program can't find any of the parts it needs to in order to get health or level values, etc.

Will probably have to wait for them to fix the issue before you can run this without problems :(
I guess I picked a bad time to do this :P

j03
06-02-2014, 11:29 PM
methrend perhaps try checking the strings before continuing to make sure a move was not missed?

methrend
06-02-2014, 11:34 PM
methrend perhaps try checking the strings before continuing to make sure a move was not missed?

Definitely something I can do, along with a proper log and some other checks
I'll make a bunch of changes later tonight and roll out an update :)

mitchyfiasco
06-02-2014, 11:36 PM
I am going to download the updated version and let you know what happens.

Mine was hanging in the fights with the recommendation that Daviid gave me.

By hanging I mean it says I was in a fight, and it did absolutely nothing afterwards.

metaldroga
06-03-2014, 12:18 AM
Definitely something I can do, along with a proper log and some other checks
I'll make a bunch of changes later tonight and roll out an update :)

hey bro, can you upload images on how you need to begin Auto NQ? pls :$

Clraik Perry
06-03-2014, 01:03 AM
Is it safe for me to leave the program running overnight when I'm sleeping?

metaldroga
06-03-2014, 01:06 AM

I think that the program or the script stop when you finish all history... so maybe you are going to be okay! :$

Mizk
06-03-2014, 02:51 AM
Haven't tried it, but this looks good

I just did NeoQuest2 on Normal for the first time. I was determined to finish it in one sitting... and it took 11 hours. It was exhausting, and I don't think I'll ever play it again. Unless you make one of these for NQ2 also :p

I want to know how the race record holder did it in 6 hours because I'm not sure how that's possible

methrend
06-03-2014, 02:56 AM
hey bro, can you upload images on how you need to begin Auto NQ? pls :$

Not sure what images I would do, since it's mostly all text? Just follow the instructions for setting it up in the first post here. :)

Technically, yes - assuming it doesn't break it'll just keep going until it finishes NQ (which is unlikely in a single night).
I did it a couple of times whilst testing and haven't had any repercussions.

Haven't tried it, but this looks good

I just did NeoQuest2 on Normal for the first time. I was determined to finish it in one sitting... and it took 11 hours. It was exhausting, and I don't think I'll ever play it again. Unless you make one of these for NQ2 also :p

I want to know how the race record holder did it in 6 hours because I'm not sure how that's possible

Cheers. A NQ2 one will be in the making, but don't hold out for it any time soon :P
The race record is an interesting one. It's definitely possible, if you skip everything that can be skipped (which includes a few of the towns even) and don't waste time leveling past what you need to be for each section. Efficiency is key really.
However, when I do a script for it, it won't be fast :P

isa1991
06-03-2014, 03:25 AM
Wow this is great! I'm trying this!

Allegra
06-03-2014, 03:29 AM
this is AMAZING. thank you. totally full repping you for this.

Nicole
06-03-2014, 09:05 AM

I'm stuck :(

watersniper
06-03-2014, 09:34 AM
I ctrl+c last night, while it was training to level 3.
Opened it today, got 'logged in as user', then the process terminated without any error message after a few minutes.
I'm not on a proxy, dont think it has anything to do with connection

methrend
06-03-2014, 09:40 AM

I'm stuck :(

Can you provide some extra details? Not sure how long it'll be before I can see that image attachment.

I ctrl+c last night, while it was training to level 3.
Opened it today, got 'logged in as user', then the process terminated without any error message after a few minutes.
I'm not on a proxy, dont think it has anything to do with connection

I believe I've fixed what was causing that issue - can you grab the latest version and try with that?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ban
06-03-2014, 10:30 AM
methrend
It's randomly crashing for me for some reason... it was in the middle of the battle when:

File "C:\Users\Discord\Desktop\NeoQuester\client.py", line 64, in <module>
myGame.doLoop()
File "C:\Users\Discord\Desktop\NeoQuester\classes\NQLoop .py", line 210, in doLoop
File "C:\Users\Discord\Desktop\NeoQuester\classes\move.p y", line 24, in go
File "C:\Users\Discord\Desktop\NeoQuester\classes\battle .py", line 9, in doFight
File "C:\Users\Discord\Desktop\NeoQuester\classes\battle .py", line 84, in getHP

Nicole
06-03-2014, 11:18 AM
Can you provide some extra details? Not sure how long it'll be before I can see that image attachment.

The screen randomly closes on me every minute or so. Each time I leave it alone for a while (like 10 minutes) and then try again, and it picks up where it left off and then about a minute later does closes again. Then it froze entirely and started over. Now it won't do any progression. It just stays stuck in mid-game. I restarted it and the same happened after a minute or so.

Sorry to trouble you. I hope I am not being a pain.
I believe it is the latest version - I just DLed it today.

Daviid
06-03-2014, 12:01 PM
methrend
It's randomly crashing for me for some reason... it was in the middle of the battle when:

File "C:\Users\Discord\Desktop\NeoQuester\client.py", line 64, in <module>
myGame.doLoop()
File "C:\Users\Discord\Desktop\NeoQuester\classes\NQLoop .py", line 210, in doLoop
File "C:\Users\Discord\Desktop\NeoQuester\classes\move.p y", line 24, in go
File "C:\Users\Discord\Desktop\NeoQuester\classes\battle .py", line 9, in doFight
File "C:\Users\Discord\Desktop\NeoQuester\classes\battle .py", line 84, in getHP

I have read that that error is causes because of the "Neopets is offline" thing.

TheEdgeKnife
06-03-2014, 01:32 PM
It just crashes right away, I tried to do the thing with CMD, this is what I got and typed. (btw, I typed everything right, except in the last one, also tried different variants)

Carnage
06-03-2014, 02:30 PM
Hangs up on "Training next to town until level 3". Last version I ran worked well until it got hung up on the walk from swamp to desert. It might have been because it got logged out (was also running my Pet Trainer). Not sure though.

methrend
06-03-2014, 05:49 PM
NOTICE

Okay, so there seems to be a chunk of issues hanging around. I'm about to head out for a few hours, but when I get back I'll look into it once again to see about doing a large update - mostly to solve the things i can solve and throw in checks to break out if necessary (especially account logout - Carnage that's probably what it was, though it may have just failed at walking :\)

I realise that whilst I managed to run it fine several times start->finish whilst testing, this is not the case for most of you. I'll let you all know once I've done what I can with it and uploaded a new version - until then, probably better to refrain from trying to use it.

auzereis
06-04-2014, 01:08 AM
is there one for neoquest 2?

vocaloid
06-04-2014, 02:41 PM
is there one for neoquest 2?
yes ! the one for neoquest 2 is here ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

im so excited to see this program up and running ! i actually didnt know there was a neoquest 1 autoplayer hehe

Bonitascholte
06-05-2014, 01:27 AM
At lvl 6 the program shuts down and won't work anymore. I've tried downloading it again or playing in different modes, but it gives an error (which I can't read because the program shuts down ammediatly after telling me the error) and then.. well, shuts down.

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

Finally got a printscreen of the error. Turns out it's not an error, but still don't know what I'm supposed to do haha!

So.. the content of my save file? I think this is what it meant:

Bonitascholte
06-05-2014, 01:33 AM
Finally got a printscreen of the error. Turns out it's not an error, but still don't know what I'm supposed to do haha!

So.. the content of my save file? I think this is what it meant:

methrend
06-05-2014, 07:26 AM
MINI UPDATE

I've just uploaded a small update for this. I've fixed a few issues plus added a feature to make it easier to start back up should it fail.

Quick summary:

The program will no longer just crash if it can't find the health during battle (this occurs when neopets doesn't load the page properly, not an issue I can fix as it's just Neopets.com having website issues), it'll just state so and carry on running.

If the program fails at all, it'll exit out as normal - however, restarting it will ask you to input a stage number to start from. These numbers can be found in "Stages.txt". I will update this file at a later date to have more obvious positions to start each stage. Otherwise, use common sense to figure out where you should be, or come and ask me. (Post or PM, happy with either)

Also, I've a few other updates that are half-done, but I figured it would be better to push this one now.
Unfortunately my internet has been capped (thanks, Australia - hit my usage limit and now I'm on dial-up speeds), so I haven't really been able to test new features. I'm also going to be away all weekend. I'll be back on working on it to get it out asap once I'm back at home. Until then, this should be enough to get you by - as long as you supervise it.

chrbrasher
06-05-2014, 10:59 AM
i put my info into the accounts.txt, everytime i try to open up the .py client, it pops up the cmd prompt for just a second and then auto closes. any help?

methrend
06-05-2014, 11:04 AM
i put my info into the accounts.txt, everytime i try to open up the .py client, it pops up the cmd prompt for just a second and then auto closes. any help?

Can you open a cmd terminal first and run it from that? Hold shift and Right click on an empty spot in the folder and choose 'open command window here' then type 'client.py' in the terminal and hit enter.
That'll allow you to see the error without it closing.

Carnage
06-05-2014, 12:41 PM

Same problem

EDIT: Fixed it. Had a colon left over in the account file.

EDIT2: New issue.

I will PM you the save file.

---------------------

I give up for now XD. Keeps getting stuck at various places.

firedogg
06-05-2014, 11:42 PM
Hi great program thanks it was working good for about 2 hours, but it just closed and I tryed to reopen it and get this message:

Getting our Medallion cleaned!
Traceback <most recent call last>:
File "C:\Users\M\Downloads\NeoQuester\NeoQuester\client. py". line 64, in <m
odule>
myGame.doLoop<>
File "C:\Users\M\Downloads\NeoQuester\NeoQuester\classes \NQLoop.py', line 1
479, in doLoop
SavePage<page, "medTest">
File "C:\Users\M\Downloads\NeoQuester\NeoQuester\classes \output.py", line 7
, in savePage
file_writer = open<outputfoler + file_name + ".htm", "w">
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './output/medTest.htm'

Then it closes really quick. Thanks for the help

methrend
06-05-2014, 11:50 PM
Hi great program thanks it was working good for about 2 hours, but it just closed and I tryed to reopen it and get this message:

Traceback <most recent call last>:
File "C:\Users\M\Downloads\NeoQuester\NeoQuester\client. py". line 64, in <m
odule>
myGame.doLoop<>
File "C:\Users\M\Downloads\NeoQuester\NeoQuester\classes \NQLoop.py', line 1
479, in doLoop
SavePage<page, "medTest">
File "C:\Users\M\Downloads\NeoQuester\NeoQuester\classes \output.py", line 7
, in savePage
file_writer = open<outputfoler + file_name + ".htm", "w">

Then it closes really quick. Thanks for the help

Oops, forgot to take out that line. Quick fix is to create a folder named "output" in the same directory as client.py

I'll remove the line causing that in next update - it's just in there for testing

firedogg
06-05-2014, 11:53 PM
Thank you so much!

nonedoe
06-06-2014, 03:11 AM
This. Is. Soooo. Cool!

I will finally be able to complete NQI. Many, many thanks!

Thirty33
06-06-2014, 03:44 AM
Can't run for me... I just open the client and it just run for awhile and shut down by itself.

auzereis
06-06-2014, 11:42 AM
nice finally can finish neoquest

Carnage
06-06-2014, 11:45 AM
nice finally can finish neoquest

Be careful with your spam posts. A good majority of your posts have just been saying "thanks" and "will check it out". Spamming for 50 posts will not earn you clraik rank, it will only get you banned.

auzereis
06-06-2014, 12:11 PM
oh oops sorry its k if i go say hi to people over introduction ?

appealtime
06-06-2014, 10:43 PM
I have a suggestion for this. A file of screenshots of all the starting points of where the stages begin for you so if it messes up while reaching it's destination we know exactly the point to travel to so we can get there and get to the next stage, which is usually always training so easy to setup

korrae
06-06-2014, 11:31 PM
Alright, so I've done everything listed in the very first post (Downloading all the files, etc), but when I actually attempt to run the program, it says "Starting Neoquest Player" , sits there a bit, then immediately closes.
If we could get a video of how to actually set everything up it would be awesome because I feel like this is on my end.

panelle
06-07-2014, 03:39 AM
korrae This is what I did that eventually worked, though with a few hiccups (possibly on my end only):
Download the zip from here. It's called NeoQuester.zip. Open it up and drag the folder to your desktop. It needs to be on the desktop in order to run command prompt properly. Now open the folder and open the file named account.txt. Here, enter your neopets username, password, proxy settings and difficulty level. For example, if your username is john and password johnington and you don't want a proxy while playing on the normal difficulty (the default for first time play), then you would enter: john;johnington;;0 (those two colons are there because you're not using a proxy). After adding the line, delete the example line in account.txt so that your info is the only thing there. Save and close account.txt. Now this is a step that only I did and I'm not sure whether it's necessary but you might give it a shot. I went to Neopets and changed my active pet into a pet that hasn't played Neoquest yet. Your pets are like your save files. I just found that the reset didn't really work, but changing your pet puts you right back at the beginning. Anyway, then you go back to the NeoQuester folder on your desktop, make sure no files are selected, hold Shift and right click on an empty space in the folder. Click on "Open command window here". Then just type "client.py" without selecting or deleting anything. And that's it :) It should work.

FYI Neopets is a bit unstable sometimes, so the command window may be blank for a little while (not usually longer than a minute), but if you see that it hangs, try and restart it by closing the command window, shift+right clicking on the folder and typing client.py again. It's tedious, but it's worth it :P

Hope this helps!

Daviid
06-07-2014, 04:21 AM
I have a suggestion for this. A file of screenshots of all the starting points of where the stages begin for you so if it messes up while reaching it's destination we know exactly the point to travel to so we can get there and get to the next stage, which is usually always training so easy to setup

This would help a lot. methrend

Moving to left teleporter G, only errors I have got are the ones about getting our HP out of range or something.

re-executing client.py solves it.

File "D:\Users\David\Desktop\Carpetas\Neopets\NeoQuester \client.py", line 64,
in <module>
myGame.doLoop()
File "D:\Users\David\Desktop\Carpetas\Neopets\NeoQuester \classes\NQLoop.py", l
ine 608, in doLoop
File "D:\Users\David\Desktop\Carpetas\Neopets\NeoQuester \classes\move.py", lin
e 24, in go
File "D:\Users\David\Desktop\Carpetas\Neopets\NeoQuester \classes\battle.py", l
ine 9, in doFight
File "D:\Users\David\Desktop\Carpetas\Neopets\NeoQuester \classes\battle.py", l
ine 84, in getHP

NeoQuester>

Another Error:

save file:

log:

We levelled up to lvl 28! Adding new skill
Adding skill number 5001

Fighting Rollay!

Starting Fight!
Our Health: 160/160 | Enemy Health: 180/180
Casting Absorption

Our Health: 160/160 | Enemy Health: 180/180
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 160/160 | Enemy Health: 153/180
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 145/160 | Enemy Health: 153/180
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 147/160 | Enemy Health: 117/180
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 149/160 | Enemy Health: 93/180
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 151/160 | Enemy Health: 75/180
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 152/160 | Enemy Health: 38/180
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 152/160 | Enemy Health: 38/180
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 154/160 | Enemy Health: 62/180
Casting Absorption

Our Health: 154/160 | Enemy Health: 62/180
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 133/160 | Enemy Health: 62/180
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 111/160 | Enemy Health: 37/180
Attacking the enemy

Our Health: 139/160 | Enemy Health: 9/180
Attacking the enemy

Fight Completed

Going through portal
Moving up to Base 2
Moving up to Base 1
Total Move Completion: 7.14%
Total Move Completion: 14.29%
Total Move Completion: 21.43%
Total Move Completion: 28.57%
Total Move Completion: 35.71%
Total Move Completion: 42.86%
Total Move Completion: 50.00%
Total Move Completion: 57.14%
Total Move Completion: 64.29%
Total Move Completion: 71.43%
Total Move Completion: 78.57%
Total Move Completion: 85.71%
Total Move Completion: 92.86%
Moving up to Main Floor
Moving outside to Neopia
Total Move Completion: 5.56%
Total Move Completion: 16.67%
Total Move Completion: 27.78%
Total Move Completion: 38.89%
Total Move Completion: 61.11%
Total Move Completion: 72.22%
Total Move Completion: 83.33%
Total Move Completion: 94.44%
Doing the long walk to the Desert of Roo
Total Move Completion: 1.11%
Total Move Completion: 2.22%
Total Move Completion: 3.33%
Total Move Completion: 4.44%
Total Move Completion: 5.56%
Total Move Completion: 6.67%
Total Move Completion: 7.78%
Total Move Completion: 8.89%
Total Move Completion: 10.00%
Total Move Completion: 12.22%
Total Move Completion: 13.33%
Total Move Completion: 14.44%
Total Move Completion: 15.56%
Total Move Completion: 16.67%
Total Move Completion: 17.78%
Total Move Completion: 18.89%
Total Move Completion: 20.00%
Total Move Completion: 21.11%
Total Move Completion: 23.33%
Total Move Completion: 24.44%
Total Move Completion: 25.56%
Total Move Completion: 26.67%
Total Move Completion: 27.78%
Total Move Completion: 28.89%
Total Move Completion: 30.00%
Total Move Completion: 31.11%
Total Move Completion: 32.22%
Total Move Completion: 34.44%
Total Move Completion: 35.56%
Total Move Completion: 36.67%
Total Move Completion: 37.78%
Total Move Completion: 38.89%
Total Move Completion: 40.00%
Total Move Completion: 41.11%
Total Move Completion: 42.22%
Total Move Completion: 43.33%
Total Move Completion: 45.56%
Total Move Completion: 46.67%
Total Move Completion: 47.78%
Total Move Completion: 48.89%
Total Move Completion: 51.11%
Total Move Completion: 52.22%
Total Move Completion: 53.33%
Total Move Completion: 54.44%
Total Move Completion: 56.67%
Total Move Completion: 57.78%
Total Move Completion: 58.89%
Total Move Completion: 60.00%
Total Move Completion: 61.11%
Total Move Completion: 62.22%
Total Move Completion: 63.33%
Total Move Completion: 64.44%
Total Move Completion: 65.56%
Total Move Completion: 67.78%
Total Move Completion: 68.89%
Total Move Completion: 70.00%
Total Move Completion: 71.11%
Total Move Completion: 72.22%
Total Move Completion: 73.33%
Total Move Completion: 74.44%
Total Move Completion: 75.56%
Total Move Completion: 76.67%
Total Move Completion: 78.89%
Total Move Completion: 80.00%
Total Move Completion: 81.11%
Total Move Completion: 82.22%
Total Move Completion: 83.33%
Total Move Completion: 84.44%
Total Move Completion: 85.56%
Total Move Completion: 86.67%
Total Move Completion: 87.78%
Total Move Completion: 90.00%
Total Move Completion: 91.11%
Total Move Completion: 92.22%
Total Move Completion: 93.33%
Total Move Completion: 94.44%
Total Move Completion: 95.56%
Total Move Completion: 96.67%
Total Move Completion: 97.78%
Total Move Completion: 98.89%
We didn't make it to the desert?

Please post the contents of the 'accountname.save' file on the program thread, a
s well as where the program was when it failed and Methrend will help you out :)

I am at Roo Desert, maybe not where I should?
methrend

methrend
06-08-2014, 07:16 AM

I am planning to do this, though I guess screenshots might be better than text descriptions.

Can anyone recommend a page/guide that has decent-quality maps, now that IDNQ Guide is offline? :\

Master Shake
06-08-2014, 07:24 AM
I am planning to do this, though I guess screenshots might be better than text descriptions.

Can anyone recommend a page/guide that has decent-quality maps, now that IDNQ Guide is offline? :\

Here you go, is this what you're looking for? CLICK HERE ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

methrend
06-08-2014, 07:26 AM
Here you go, is this what you're looking for? CLICK HERE ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Yeah, that's the site I switched to once IDNQ went down, but the images aren't too great quality (especially the overall neopia map)

I'll make do with them anyway for now.

appealtime
06-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Awesome! That's the only thing that's keep me from 100 percent % with this thing. I think it moves when it battles perhaps and then fucks up getting to the destination?? Maybe? Not sure how that works but he rarely walks straight :P Usually I found it was one square up. Then I had to go back to Neopia City and missed, then Roo area and missed and it was hit and miss on the keys to fight Roo.. Although it made it through that HUGE ass cave level to get to Roo perfectly. It was awesome there. But if I knew where it started I would of been fine. Sometimes I knew I was off and I fucked it all up. That's the only problems it has though is travel destinations now.

Ban
06-08-2014, 09:54 AM
Yeah, that's the site I switched to once IDNQ went down, but the images aren't too great quality (especially the overall neopia map)

I'll make do with them anyway for now.

Maybe this one ([Only registered and activated users can see links])?

Also, I'm having the same problem as Daviid
Stuck at Desert of Roo n_n

appealtime
06-08-2014, 10:16 AM

Yeah that's where it first fucked up with me as well. Made it again a wall somewhere close to where it needed to be though.

Ban
06-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Yeah that's where it first fucked up with me as well. Made it again a wall somewhere close to where it needed to be though.

^
This is where I am... where was I supposed to be? lol

appealtime
06-08-2014, 10:55 AM
^
This is where I am... where was I supposed to be? lol

I don't honestly know xD I just wanted the avatar for this game so I went up and told it to fight some then went in the cave and changed the stage to do that so I could just beat roo and get the avatar xD . That's exactly where it put me though. Now that I got the avatar I plan on restarting it completely to run through the whole thing since I fucked it up :P Trophy will be nice

Ban
06-08-2014, 11:35 AM
I don't honestly know xD I just wanted the avatar for this game so I went up and told it to fight some then went in the cave and changed the stage to do that so I could just beat roo and get the avatar xD . That's exactly where it put me though. Now that I got the avatar I plan on restarting it completely to run through the whole thing since I fucked it up :P Trophy will be nice

Oh, I see xD
That was a run through the Evil difficulty c:
Already got the av and stuff ^^

Daviid
06-08-2014, 01:18 PM

Download the new version, create a save file with just 666 and when the program ask you to enter a stage number put 3021.

you should be at

Ban
06-08-2014, 01:20 PM
Download the new version, create a save file with just 666 and when the program ask you to enter a stage number put 3021.

you should be at

That's exactly where I am :3
Should I do what you said?

Daviid
06-08-2014, 01:24 PM
That's exactly where I am :3
Should I do what you said?

It's what methrend told me to do, it works, right now got my medallion cleaned and got an error.

File "D:\Users\David\Desktop\Carpetas\Neopets\NeoQuester \client.py", line 64,
in <module>
myGame.doLoop()
File "D:\Users\David\Desktop\Carpetas\Neopets\NeoQuester \classes\NQLoop.py", l
ine 1479, in doLoop
savePage(page, "medTest")
File "D:\Users\David\Desktop\Carpetas\Neopets\NeoQuester \classes\output.py", l
ine 7, in savePage
file_writer = open(outputfolder + file_name + ".htm", 'w')

methrend

Ban
06-08-2014, 01:27 PM
It's what methrend told me to do, it works, right now got my medallion cleaned and got an error.

methrend

Oh, okie dokie then x3
Thank you ^^
And GL with that D:

methrend
06-08-2014, 08:56 PM

methrend

Yeah, that error is because I let a testing line in. Just make a folder named "output" in the same directory as client.py and then rerun the program without changing the save files. That'll be fixed in next version.

Oh, okie dokie then x3
Thank you ^^
And GL with that D:

The Desert thing is still broken? Sigh.
Basically it's getting to the correct position, but the check is looking for the word Desert (with a capital D) and not finding it (because it's desert without a capital)
Thought I fixed it, have now for next version.

Ban
06-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Yeah, that error is because I let a testing line in. Just make a folder named "output" in the same directory as client.py and then rerun the program without changing the save files. That'll be fixed in next version.

The Desert thing is still broken? Sigh.
Basically it's getting to the correct position, but the check is looking for the word Desert (with a capital D) and not finding it (because it's desert without a capital)
Thought I fixed it, have now for next version.

Yeah lol xD
I got it right now, and didn't have the problem with the medallion cause I had created the output folder (:
Now I'm moving through Cave 7 ^^

Edit: just fixed the check for the word Desert for myself... I'll run it on Insane later and see if it works now c:

if ("desert" in page):
self.curStage = "3021"
self.saveAcc()

methrend
06-09-2014, 12:40 AM
UPDATE

I've just updated this to push a couple of fixes.

Both the savePage issue (which was testing) and the Desert issue have been fixed. I've been running an account from start to finish with this version and it hasn't had a single issue yet.

I have also updated "Stages.txt" to more accruately reflect the actual stage numbers (it was missing a few where I split sections up a bit more).
I will be working on getting actual screenshots/whatever of the start point for each stage tonight - I have figured out a way to automate it a bit better - makes it easier for me (but requires a full run of the game form start to finish)

Next update will include those, as well as an actual saved log (for those of you not running it through a terminal), and some other things. :)

vocaloid
06-09-2014, 12:49 AM
methrend

hi ! im having issues with this !
i was running really good for a while and when i ran into a problem i was able to get myself unstuck or there was already a fix in the thread , but i think i just screwed myself up or something

i was moving through cave 3 and i got the 666 error , so i just went back to the beginning of the cave and edited the save so im at stage 420
but whenever i run the client again i get this issue

File "C:\Users\L A N C E !\Documents\Keep\Neopets Stuff\Programs\NeoQuester\client.py", line 64, in <module>
myGame.doLoop()
File "C:\Users\L A N C E !\Documents\Keep\Neopets Stuff\Programs\NeoQuester\classes\NQLoop.py", line 1505, in doLoop
move.go(self, self.acc, 55533322244422255555553588885555355532244225553555 3533112221122322223332222)
File "C:\Users\L A N C E !\Documents\Keep\Neopets Stuff\Programs\NeoQuester\classes\move.py", line 20, in go
theLoop.updatePos(str(dir))
File "C:\Users\L A N C E !\Documents\Keep\Neopets Stuff\Programs\NeoQuester\classes\NQLoop.py", line 81, in updatePos
self.curPos = self.curPos + addPos
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'int' and 'str'

methrend
06-09-2014, 12:54 AM
methrend

hi ! im having issues with this !
i was running really good for a while and when i ran into a problem i was able to get myself unstuck or there was already a fix in the thread , but i think i just screwed myself up or something

i was moving through cave 3 and i got the 666 error , so i just went back to the beginning of the cave and edited the save so im at stage 420
but whenever i run the client again i get this issue

Can you redownload? Just pushed another version up that should help eliminate that error - though it shouldn't be happening in the first place unless the savefile is being read weird.

Also, make sure the second line of your savefile is completely blank if you've manually moved it back to the start - that's the line that keeps track of how you've moved so far
If you get the 666 error in future, you no longer need to change the savefile - you can just rerun and type in the stage number to start from (after manually moving to the next stage point, that is - in this case going through the exit of cave 3)

vocaloid
06-09-2014, 12:59 AM
Can you redownload? Just pushed another version up that should help eliminate that error - though it shouldn't be happening in the first place unless the savefile is being read weird.

Also, make sure the second line of your savefile is completely blank if you've manually moved it back to the start - that's the line that keeps track of how you've moved so far
If you get the 666 error in future, you no longer need to change the savefile - you can just rerun and type in the stage number to start from (after manually moving to the next stage point, that is - in this case going through the exit of cave 3)

okay ! i redownloaded and it completely restarted neoquest for me so i think im gonna have a fresh run
ill remember that stuff for the future so i dont mess myself up again heh uwu;

methrend
06-09-2014, 01:14 AM
okay ! i redownloaded and it completely restarted neoquest for me so i think im gonna have a fresh run
ill remember that stuff for the future so i dont mess myself up again heh uwu;

Probably the better option anyway, just in case your savefile causes that issue with the move stuff again.

For everyone else:
Now running a shell through Normal mode to get start positions for every stage, to make it easier for you guys to restart program if it messes up.

Daviid
06-09-2014, 03:17 AM
methrend

Here's another set of NQI maps, that may help you. ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

methrend
06-09-2014, 03:19 AM
methrend

Here's another set of NQI maps, that may help you. ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Cheers for that, but i've got my program actually outputting the location to a html file. Much easier :)

vocaloid
06-09-2014, 06:09 AM
yay i finished it and got my bronze trophy !
i had some issues towards the end with those guardians . i kept having to manually get myself there and just let the bot fight them , and i did have the desert issue again even using the updated version . those were the only problems i had though , this is a really nice bot hehe . thanks a lot !

Neal Caffrey
06-09-2014, 07:53 PM
methrend
I have just one tip:
add a feature to stop before getting the avatar. 0:-)

methrend
06-09-2014, 08:36 PM
methrend
I have just one tip:
add a feature to stop before getting the avatar. 0:-)

What for? o.o

Neal Caffrey
06-09-2014, 11:28 PM
What for? o.o
I've PMed you. :)

methrend
06-09-2014, 11:55 PM
UPDATED - 10/06/2014

Just uploaded a new update.

Changes are as follows:

Program now outputs all messages to "log.txt" as well as to the terminal - this means you can check what went wrong even if it's closing straight away
"STAGES" folder added. This contains html snapshots of all the START points for each stage. Files are named after the stage number and represent where you should be at the START of that stage. Use this along with "Stages.txt" to get yourself back on track should the program mess up along the way
"Desert" bug now properly fixed - along with a few others that may have broken for the same reason (was trying to check text in a page without actually loading a page first)
Some other small fixes

korrae
06-10-2014, 01:41 AM
I've only gotten this program (While amazing as it is) to work without using a proxy. I keep getting an error message basically saying the host isn't responding when I attempt to use a proxy. I just loaded the program up without using a proxy, and it works fine. I'd rather USE a proxy, just in case you know? My error message:
Errno 10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because the host has failed to respond.

I've tried multiple different proxies ([Only registered and activated users can see links] socks4/5, etc, and all result in this error.)
Works fine without a proxy so far but I'd rather hide behind one.
Thanks in advance!

methrend
06-10-2014, 01:45 AM
I've only gotten this program (While amazing as it is) to work without using a proxy. I keep getting an error message basically saying the host isn't responding when I attempt to use a proxy. I just loaded the program up without using a proxy, and it works fine. I'd rather USE a proxy, just in case you know? My error message:
Errno 10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because the host has failed to respond.

I've tried multiple different proxies ([Only registered and activated users can see links] socks4/5, etc, and all result in this error.)
Works fine without a proxy so far but I'd rather hide behind one.
Thanks in advance!

I don't really use proxies as I only really run two accounts most of the time - my main, and a shell for testing.

My first assumption would be that the proxies you're trying to use are offline/not working, though if you've tried multiple...not sure. Do those proxies definitely work normally (e.g. in a web browser, etc)?

Also, are you putting them in correctly? (i.e. "ip:port", or the full line being - "user;pass;ip:port;difficulty")

I haven't changed any code that handles the proxies other than loading it in from the file - I'm using the NeoAccount class that DarkByte has on NeoAuto and txtsd has on the Habi Bot - do your proxies work on either of those? :\

Carnage
06-10-2014, 02:14 AM
Running smooth at level 10 so far. I'll run overnight and post results in the morning.

EDIT: Ran all the way through no problem.

:O

Gonna run it on insane now :P

Ezra
06-10-2014, 11:12 AM
I deleted my save file and restart the game anew but it got stuck at the beginning everytime.

Setup Complete , time to start playing
Training next to town until level 3

It stucked at this message no matter what I did. restart and rerun etc.
I get it to run until it crashed at the desert part a few days ago but i decided to restart since I couldn't find the stage area but I got this error now.

itzpaul
06-10-2014, 06:56 PM
methrend First off thank you, i done NQII legit and i dont want to have to go through that experience again :)
Secondly i cant even get the thing to start.
I am using CMD but as soon as i send the command it tries to open account.txt and says no such file. I am probarbly being a noob but i cant figure it out, thanks.

methrend
06-10-2014, 08:04 PM
I deleted my save file and restart the game anew but it got stuck at the beginning everytime.

Setup Complete , time to start playing

It stucked at this message no matter what I did. restart and rerun etc.
I get it to run until it crashed at the desert part a few days ago but i decided to restart since I couldn't find the stage area but I got this error now.

Make sure you're using the latest version, Then can you restart manually and setup the skills manually?
Starting Skills are 1 point in each of the Shock skills and 1 point in the first 3 life skills.

After that, edit your save file to be at stage 101
So it looks like this:

Then run client.py as usual. That should kick it off from the start. I think there's an issue with it restarting games, so I'll look into that.

methrend First off thank you, i done NQII legit and i dont want to have to go through that experience again :)
Secondly i cant even get the thing to start.
I am using CMD but as soon as i send the command it tries to open account.txt and says no such file. I am probarbly being a noob but i cant figure it out, thanks.

Is account.txt definitely there and in the same folder as client.py? Not sure what would cause this otherwise :\

itzpaul
06-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Yes it is, if i run cmd i get that error but if i run client.py alone it just closes instantly.

methrend
06-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Yes it is, if i run cmd i get that error but if i run client.py alone it just closes instantly.

Yeah, the closing instantly is because of that error. Weird. What version of Python are you using? That's possibly the only other thing that comes to mind for causing that. Can you post the full error message for me?

itzpaul
06-10-2014, 08:58 PM
I am using the latest update from the link you provided :)

methrend
06-10-2014, 09:05 PM
I am using the latest update from the link you provided :)

So 2.7.7? Definitely weird then :\
Not sure why else it could be doing that :(

korrae
06-10-2014, 10:39 PM
I don't really use proxies as I only really run two accounts most of the time - my main, and a shell for testing.

My first assumption would be that the proxies you're trying to use are offline/not working, though if you've tried multiple...not sure. Do those proxies definitely work normally (e.g. in a web browser, etc)?

Also, are you putting them in correctly? (i.e. "ip:port", or the full line being - "user;pass;ip:port;difficulty")

I haven't changed any code that handles the proxies other than loading it in from the file - I'm using the NeoAccount class that DarkByte has on NeoAuto and txtsd has on the Habi Bot - do your proxies work on either of those? :\

I've been using the same Proxies I use for the AC bot, and I test those right before I use them so they're online and working fine, worked in a web browser when I tried them last night.

Definitely putting them in correctly as explained in the first post of this form.

I haven't used either of those programs but I can go download one later and check and let you know results. (:
It's working WONDERFULLY without a proxy though! (Sometimes stops in the middle of an action but that's probably on my internet's end: when i restart it it works fine again). Great work.

aviv
06-11-2014, 08:49 PM
if I want it to stop at some point and then get back to using the bot later (simulates going to sleep etc.) can I just exit the bot and when I use it again it'll start from the last point?

methrend
06-11-2014, 10:33 PM
if I want it to stop at some point and then get back to using the bot later (simulates going to sleep etc.) can I just exit the bot and when I use it again it'll start from the last point?

The safest way to do that is to hit "Ctrl+C", that'll force it to save before exiting. However, you should just be able to close it normally - I've made it so it saves progress constantly. It'll start from where it last was - works best when it was at a stage that is just fighting to level up, but should work without issues if you stop it partway through moving somehwere.

korrae
06-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Got proxies to work on my end, but now, whether i"m using one or not, the program won't work for me running in Evil mode. It just gets stuck at 'Training next to town until level 3" Every time I attempt to run it in Evil mode. Everything is inputted correctly. I've deleted saves multiple times, etc. Nothing has worked.

methrend
06-11-2014, 11:51 PM
Got proxies to work on my end, but now, whether i"m using one or not, the program won't work for me running in Evil mode. It just gets stuck at 'Training next to town until level 3" Every time I attempt to run it in Evil mode. Everything is inputted correctly. I've deleted saves multiple times, etc. Nothing has worked.

Double check where you are manually. There's an issue with it hanging if you're at the end of a fight (The screen that tells you how much exp you got). If not, make sure skills are set up (1 Point in all 4 shock skills, 1 point in the first 3 life skills), and start the program from stage 101 or 102 (check the .html files for where to start)

korrae
06-11-2014, 11:54 PM
Double check where you are manually. There's an issue with it hanging if you're at the end of a fight (The screen that tells you how much exp you got). If not, make sure skills are set up (1 Point in all 4 shock skills, 1 point in the first 3 life skills), and start the program from stage 101 or 102 (check the .html files for where to start)

Yup, was me hanging at the end of a fight. Never would've guessed that manually. Just had to go in and end the fight myself and it's working fine now. Thank you! :3

methrend
06-11-2014, 11:55 PM
Yup, was me hanging at the end of a fight. Never would've guessed that manually. Just had to go in and end the fight myself and it's working fine now. Thank you! :3

No problem. I should be fixing that for the next version, just gotta find time to do that plus some other things.

This got me the Gold Trophy on my main last night too - start to finish no issues. About ready to call it "done" and move onto the next project (NQ2 anyone?)

Cheaty
06-12-2014, 01:31 AM
Phenomenal program. Great Job

aviv
06-12-2014, 04:18 AM

The safest way to do that is to hit "Ctrl+C", that'll force it to save before exiting. However, you should just be able to close it normally - I've made it so it saves progress constantly. It'll start from where it last was - works best when it was at a stage that is just fighting to level up, but should work without issues if you stop it partway through moving somehwere.

Awesome, thanks! Do I need to be clairk/ official clairk etc.?

methrend
06-12-2014, 04:23 AM
Awesome, thanks! Do I need to be clairk/ official clairk etc.?

Nope, it's public use for anyone :)

aviv
06-12-2014, 07:03 AM
Nope, it's public use for anyone :)

I'm gonna download it now.... So excited! :D

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

I keep launching the python file, and it shows a cmd window which immediately closes. I look at the task manager to see if its working, but it doesnt show it.

methrend
06-12-2014, 07:41 AM
I'm gonna download it now.... So excited! :D

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

I keep launching the python file, and it shows a cmd window which immediately closes. I look at the task manager to see if its working, but it doesnt show it.

Can you run a CMD window in the folder and then run client.py from that? It'll stay open so you can see why it's closing straight away.
Shift+Right-click on a blank spot in the folder, click "Open command window here" then type "client.py" and hit enter

aviv
06-12-2014, 07:50 AM
Can you run a CMD window in the folder and then run client.py from that? It'll stay open so you can see why it's closing straight away.
Shift+Right-click on a blank spot in the folder, click "Open command window here" then type "client.py" and hit enter

Now I got it working. thanks!
I should start with normal (0) mode if Ive never played, right? I figured it might look suspicious if someone who never beat normal would immediately beat insane

methrend
06-12-2014, 07:55 AM
Now I got it working. thanks!
I should start with normal (0) mode if Ive never played, right? I figured it might look suspicious if someone who never beat normal would immediately beat insane

Yeah you have to start with Normal. You can't start the harder modes until you finish the earlier ones, so normal will unlock evil and then evil will unlock insane.

aviv
06-12-2014, 08:30 AM
k, thanks :) this program is incredible!!!

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

I got a message that said there was a problem with moving after it made its destination to cave 3. what should I do?

methrend
06-12-2014, 08:44 AM
k, thanks :) this program is incredible!!!

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

I got a message that said there was a problem with moving after it made its destination to cave 3. what should I do?

Read the first post.

You can check where it is manually, and check which stage you're supposed to be at (using "stages.txt") and then check the "STAGES" folder, find the stage number and use the .html file to find out where you need to be to start the program again - it'll ask you which stage to start from (use the same stage number)

aviv
06-12-2014, 08:56 AM
the earliest stage in the file is 15, so I suppose I'm at 14. however, the saves folder shows (when I open it with notepad) shows:

Which stage should I start from and what do I put in the CMD window?

methrend
06-12-2014, 09:10 AM
the earliest stage in the file is 15, so I suppose I'm at 14. however, the saves folder shows (when I open it with notepad) shows:

Which stage should I start from and what do I put in the CMD window?

Scroll down a bit, windows sorts them out of order unfortunately. If it broke when moving to cave 3, I think you'll be at stage 144 or 145 - get yourself manually to the position for 145 (Into cave 3, one square to the right of the exit back to cave 2). Then just run client.py again without changing the save - it'll ask you for a stage number and you can put in "145" and it should continue on. Just make sure to double check you're in the right spot.

aviv
06-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Taken care of. thanks! I know it must be exhausting helping out a newbie with no programming knowledge like this

methrend
06-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Taken care of. thanks! I know it must be exhausting helping out a newbie with no programming knowledge like this

It's fine, don't mind helping out :)
I tried to make the program as easy to use as I could, given the restrictions. Hopefully I can improve on that for my next project.

Poe
06-12-2014, 03:08 PM
FOR SATAN'S SAKE, YOU ARE A GENIOUS. YOU CAN BURN MY SOUL NOW.

aviv
06-13-2014, 06:21 AM
While the program is running, lately I've been constantly getting disconnected from neopets (when I close neoquester that stops). anyone else having this problem? could this be a move by TNT to see if were still "playing" while disconnected?

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

The CMD window is still on "training to level 23", but nothing is happening. it shows the same if I close and re-open

methrend
06-13-2014, 06:58 AM
While the program is running, lately I've been constantly getting disconnected from neopets (when I close neoquester that stops). anyone else having this problem? could this be a move by TNT to see if were still "playing" while disconnected?

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

The CMD window is still on "training to level 23", but nothing is happening. it shows the same if I close and re-open

With the disconnect thing - if you mean you're trying to do other stuff on the same account as this bot, yeah it'll log you out every now and then, when it refreshes the session. It's also not really safe to be doing that - better off running /just/ one program and not using the account whilst it runs.

With the program not doing anything (just hanging at a step with no messages), go into the game manually - it's probably stuck on the "end of fight" page, which the program isn't currently recognising. Finish the fight manually and try again :)

aviv
06-13-2014, 08:08 AM
With the disconnect thing - if you mean you're trying to do other stuff on the same account as this bot, yeah it'll log you out every now and then, when it refreshes the session. It's also not really safe to be doing that - better off running /just/ one program and not using the account whilst it runs.

With the program not doing anything (just hanging at a step with no messages), go into the game manually - it's probably stuck on the "end of fight" page, which the program isn't currently recognising. Finish the fight manually and try again :)

I'll try not to run the bot while on the same account.
as for the stuck window, its still there. earlier I tried to see what its like so I completed 1 fight, but little did i know that completing that fight would finish the stage the bot was doing- reach level 23. Now when I turn on the cmd python window, it's still on that. Should I go back one stage? If so, how?

methrend
06-13-2014, 08:20 AM
I'll try not to run the bot while on the same account.
as for the stuck window, its still there. earlier I tried to see what its like so I completed 1 fight, but little did i know that completing that fight would finish the stage the bot was doing- reach level 23. Now when I turn on the cmd python window, it's still on that. Should I go back one stage? If so, how?

It should still carry on with the stage it's on - also if it's the stage I think (Stage 232), it's training to level 24, so it should keep fighting if you're only 23

aviv
06-13-2014, 08:34 AM
It should still carry on with the stage it's on - also if it's the stage I think (Stage 232), it's training to level 24, so it should keep fighting if you're only 23

and yet the window says "Training to level 23". that's why I thought it was weird that I couldn't find a stage in the .txt file the said "Training to level 23"

methrend
06-13-2014, 08:51 AM
and yet the window says "Training to level 23". that's why I thought it was weird that I couldn't find a stage in the .txt file the said "Training to level 23"

Definitely using the latest version? What stage does your savefile say you're at? (The first line) :\

EDIT: nevermind, you're at Stage 215. I changed it to 23 from 21 when I died on Evil mode when originally testing it, never updated stages.txt
If you're definitely at level 23, it should be safe to make sure you're at the start point for Stage 216 and change your savefile to that.

aviv
06-13-2014, 08:58 AM
But I haven't used my skill point to learn a new spell/ ability. Do I need to do that manually? which one?

methrend
06-13-2014, 09:21 AM
But I haven't used my skill point to learn a new spell/ ability. Do I need to do that manually? which one?

Level 23 is Skill id 5003, which I believe is the 3rd Life skill? Might be shock. The last skill category anyway.

aviv
06-13-2014, 09:29 AM
gotcha, THANK YOU AMAZING PERSON THAT IS METHREND!!!!

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

its asking me to choose a wand. which one to choose? why is asking me this?

methrend
06-13-2014, 09:30 AM
gotcha, THANK YOU AMAZING PERSON THAT IS METHREND!!!!

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

its asking me to choose a wand. which one to choose? why is asking me this?

Wait it's doing that? That's at the very start. Did you delete the savefile or anything? Seems like it's reset back to the beginning o.o

aviv
06-13-2014, 09:44 AM
IK, right? I haven't deleted anything! am i going to have to wait for the whole thing again? :'(

methrend
06-13-2014, 09:49 AM
IK, right? I haven't deleted anything! am i going to have to wait for the whole thing again? :'(

Best option is to choose a wand, delete your save and let it start from the beginning. You may have died at some point (if you die the bot resets the game), who, knows. Easier just to start fresh again then figure it out. Shouldn't take long anyway.

I recommend just running it and letting it finish without interrupting, less issues that way.

aviv
06-13-2014, 10:38 AM
Oh god, I think I know what I did- I just found out I accidentally downloaded the program TWICE. I've been working with one .py the whole time, and now I might have accidently opened the other one, with blank everything :( I think I need to start over

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Does it matter which wand to choose? do I delete the entire save file "username.txt", or just it's content leaving it blank? and what about the log?

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

NM, set it up

winston_tiu
06-13-2014, 01:12 PM
Dying on the final boss would suck, I mean the bot will repeat the whole quest from level 1. It takes 1-2 days for 1 quest to finish.

Katieee
06-13-2014, 02:39 PM
This program is awesome, thanks so much! Just started running it and everything seems great so far. +rep

johnnxiv
06-13-2014, 06:58 PM
how long does it take for the program to finish?

methrend
06-13-2014, 08:37 PM
Dying on the final boss would suck, I mean the bot will repeat the whole quest from level 1. It takes 1-2 days for 1 quest to finish.

Yeah, I had it happen to me on Evil mode, but not Insane. Unfortunately, it's too much hassle to code in something that'll figure out where you were when you died and get back to that exact spot. It doesn't matter for Insane anyway (which is the one you're most liekly to die on), since Insane resets the game when you die regardless.

how long does it take for the program to finish?

Normal mode is about 10-12 hours I think. Evil I'm unsure, maybe a day and a half-ish? Insane you're looking at 2-3days (which yes, is on the fastest time list, which is why I'm not getting specific)

Six
06-14-2014, 12:39 AM
I can't wait until I get a chance to try this out! Awesome job by the looks of it, thank you so much for taking the time doing this. :) I have one question though, will this get me the avatar automatically or do I have to pause the player somewhere before and manually do something for it to be awarded? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

methrend
06-14-2014, 12:53 AM
I can't wait until I get a chance to try this out! Awesome job by the looks of it, thank you so much for taking the time doing this. :) I have one question though, will this get me the avatar automatically or do I have to pause the player somewhere before and manually do something for it to be awarded? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

It'll just get you it, as cleaning the gem (which gets you the avatar) is part of getting a new weapon, so it gets done.

Cheaty
06-14-2014, 01:33 AM
So, please forgive this newbish question, but is it relatively safe to use this program daily for the extra NP? Or is it likely they pay attention to stuff like that and will be like, "This guy beat the game on insane 5 days in a row... lets freeze his account".

methrend
06-14-2014, 01:55 AM
So, please forgive this newbish question, but is it relatively safe to use this program daily for the extra NP? Or is it likely they pay attention to stuff like that and will be like, "This guy beat the game on insane 5 days in a row... lets freeze his account".

Honestly, I can't say for sure, but I'd lean towards it being safe, as long as you don't do too much (don't forget - there's a leaderboard for most wins on each difficulty). It's probably quite safe if you start a new game every time (and therefore never finish it), but there's bound to be quicker ways to get np.

On the topic of how safe this is though, considering during testing I was running it almost 24/7 with a LOT of stops (I'm talking like 20 stops and starts - where it logs in again every time, every 5 minutes or so), and have had no issues, pretty sure you're good as long as you don't go overboard on completion numbers.

Cheaty
06-14-2014, 06:23 AM
Ok, thanks for the input

Skins
06-15-2014, 07:25 AM
Thank you ^^
I hope to get avatars and trophies soon ^ ^

aviv
06-17-2014, 01:35 AM
I'm back after using it and getting the Bronze trophy! AMAZING BOT, methrend!!!! Do you happen to have a program for NQII? I* herad that one given out items when you win...

methrend
06-17-2014, 04:08 AM
I'm back after using it and getting the Bronze trophy! AMAZING BOT, methrend!!!! Do you happen to have a program for NQII? I* herad that one given out items when you win...

I don't have a NQ2 one yet - it's going to be my next project but will probably take quite a bit longer than this one, so don't wait up for it or anything.

Daviid
06-17-2014, 11:00 AM
methrend

I have already died twice playing Insane, do you know if changing the levels caps on NQLoop.py will work?

I know that in NQII you stop getting exp. from monsters at a certain level and have to move on, is it the same in NQI?

methrend
06-17-2014, 11:03 AM
methrend

I have already died twice playing Insane, do you know if changing the levels caps on NQLoop.py will work?

I know that in NQII you stop getting exp. from monsters at a certain level and have to move on, is it the same in NQI?

It is the same in terms of EXP gain, though I'm not sure on the actual rules behind it (I believe it's just when you're X levels above the monster level - think it's about 5/6) The level caps I have /should/ be okay - I got insane done on the first run, so I guess you've been super unlucky. You can try raising the caps in whatever section you're dying if you feel comfortable doing so (just make sure you change the "while (int(self.curLevel) < x)" lines to get it to work (where X is the level)

isa1991
06-18-2014, 02:02 AM
I'm getting an error when I try to start the program

Error: [Errno 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by access permissions

methrend
06-18-2014, 02:04 AM
I'm getting an error when I try to start the program

Error: [Errno 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by access permissions

Seems like that's a firewall issue. Can you make sure Python isn't blocked by any firewalls you might have running? (Including the default windows one)

isa1991
06-18-2014, 02:10 AM
Seems like that's a firewall issue. Can you make sure Python isn't blocked by any firewalls you might have running? (Including the default windows one)

It works now, thanks!

metaldroga
06-19-2014, 07:04 PM
anyone here who knows if it works if you already had begun before the plot?

help pls :)
methrend

aviv
06-19-2014, 07:48 PM

methrend
If I understood your question correctly, the program restarts any game you've begun when activating it for the first time in any level. Hope this answers your question :)

methrend
06-19-2014, 11:28 PM

methrend

If I understood your question correctly, the program restarts any game you've begun when activating it for the first time in any level. Hope this answers your question :)

This is correct - if you already have a game of NeoQuest started, the program will start over from the beginning when you first run it.

Neal Caffrey
06-20-2014, 12:21 AM
If I minimize mine, it closes. and I have two things happening:

1 - and now its just training forever till level 3 :(

Starting Neoquest Player
Logged in as - xxxxxxxxxx
Account hasn't been used before, starting fresh
Resetting old game and starting anew
Assigning Skills
Choosing Wand
Setup Complete, time to start playing

2 - start, log, and do nothing else.

Starting Neoquest Player
Logged in as - xxxxxxxxx
Starting Neoquest Player
Logged in as - xxxxxxxxx

methrend
06-20-2014, 12:29 AM
If I minimize mine, it closes. and I have two things happening:

1 - and now its just training forever till level 3 :(

2 - start, log, and do nothing else.

The minimise thing is weird, and I have literally no idea what could cause that, but it does sound like an issue with python in general (not specifically this)

The training/hanging thing - can you check where it is manually?

Neal Caffrey
06-20-2014, 12:40 AM
The minimise thing is weird, and I have literally no idea what could cause that, but it does sound like an issue with python in general (not specifically this)

The training/hanging thing - can you check where it is manually?

It's a shell that I can't log into :c long history. I really need that the program do EVERYTHING for me :P

methrend
06-20-2014, 12:42 AM
It's a shell that I can't log into :c long history. I really need that the program do EVERYTHING for me :P

I'll PM you

Neal Caffrey
06-20-2014, 12:46 AM
I'll PM you

Ok. :)

methrend
06-20-2014, 01:00 AM
UPDATED

Just uploaded an update, so grab the new version!

This update should fix the bug where the program hangs if it is stopped and then started at the end screen of a battle (where it tells you how much exp you got)
I haven't been able to properly test if it works through that now, but it should.

Just a heads up, unless any more glaring bugs pop up, this'll probably be the last update - It has now gotten me through all three difficulties on 3 accounts without issues and thus I am considering it to be done.
I will be moving onto my next project soon :)

Neal Caffrey
06-20-2014, 01:18 AM
UPDATED

Just uploaded an update, so grab the new version!

This update should fix the bug where the program hangs if it is stopped and then started at the end screen of a battle (where it tells you how much exp you got)
I haven't been able to properly test if it works through that now, but it should.

Just a heads up, unless any more glaring bugs pop up, this'll probably be the last update - It has now gotten me through all three difficulties on 3 accounts without issues and thus I am considering it to be done.
I will be moving onto my next project soon :)

I will let you know if something goes wrong :) Thanks for that!

Elmo
06-20-2014, 03:19 AM
methrend I have just gotten the bronze trophy using this program. I have NEVER played NQ 1 before so that is some achievement. Once near the end I had to manually walk somewhere but it was literally 10 steps. It did close off a few times but was usually in a fight so just started back up and worked again.

This program is absolutely fantastic, amazing work.

SnotRocket
06-20-2014, 04:36 PM
Thank you for this amazing program!

winston_tiu
06-20-2014, 10:04 PM
keeps getting pawned in normal fights (insane mode) because of running out of potion lol.

methrend
06-20-2014, 10:08 PM
keeps getting pawned in normal fights (insane mode) because of running out of potion lol.

Weird, I never had that issue when I ran through Insane. Just bad luck I guess :\

winston_tiu
06-20-2014, 10:17 PM
I have died 4 time from lvl 21-25 lol 1 time at final boss, the boss one sucked

methrend
06-20-2014, 10:55 PM
I have died 4 time from lvl 21-25 lol 1 time at final boss, the boss one sucked

If you feel comfortable with doing so, you can edit NQLoop.py (in the Classes folder) with notepad++ (I don't recommend using regular notepad, python is very specific about indentations) - find the stages where you're dying a lot and increase the level it's training to (find the level training stages, change the "while(int(self.curLevel) < X)" lines - changing X to the new level to train to)

That might help a bit with not dying, but it's definitely possible to finish Insane with the default numbers.

Air
06-20-2014, 11:58 PM
Everyone should remember to stop this program periodically as NO ONE would ever play NQI in one go. :P

I did once when I was in high school and found the joys of pulling all-nighters.
Never.. ever.. again.

But yes please guys remember to stop it at times.
Treat your programs like you treat yourselves.

ps methrend you rock bro.

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

I did once when I was in high school and found the joys of pulling all-nighters.
Never.. ever.. again.

But yes please guys remember to stop it at times.
Treat your programs like you treat yourselves.

ps methrend you rock bro.

winston_tiu
06-21-2014, 06:38 AM
If you feel comfortable with doing so, you can edit NQLoop.py (in the Classes folder) with notepad++ (I don't recommend using regular notepad, python is very specific about indentations) - find the stages where you're dying a lot and increase the level it's training to (find the level training stages, change the "while(int(self.curLevel) < X)" lines - changing X to the new level to train to)

That might help a bit with not dying, but it's definitely possible to finish Insane with the default numbers.

Indeed as I have mentioned it got me to the boss level, although it died still it is very possible. I will try to edit it to the safest route, although it will take longer to finish.

metaldroga
06-21-2014, 07:12 PM
this program can obtain the avatars from the game? :$ im just wondering...and sorry for this dumb question xD

methrend
06-21-2014, 10:43 PM
this program can obtain the avatars from the game? :$ im just wondering...and sorry for this dumb question xD

Yeah it will grab the Avatar (afaik there's only the one for NQ1? If there's others then it should get them too I guess)

magicol
06-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Where can i find Python for Windows 7? is all Windows X86 and i have Windows 7

Accelerator
06-23-2014, 08:04 PM
If you have a 32-bit (x86) OS:
If you have a 64-bit (x64) OS:

methrend
06-23-2014, 08:06 PM
That's the installer you want - x86 just means a 32bit system. If you have 64bit, the one that says so.

magicol
06-23-2014, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the quick answer!

Wondering all the issues are fixed in the last update of this program? im in lvl 11, cave 4 (i think) and collecting the Tiny Beryls (have 1 of 3) and by now not having any issue :D

To estimate the time, what lvl i need to reach the avatar? (i know the avatar is not given by lvl , but what lvl i should have to reach that far in the game

methrend
06-23-2014, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the quick answer!

Wondering all the issues are fixed in the last update of this program? im in lvl 11, cave 4 (i think) and collecting the Tiny Beryls (have 1 of 3) and by now not having any issue :D

To estimate the time, what lvl i need to reach the avatar? (i know the avatar is not given by lvl , but what lvl i should have to reach that far in the game

The avatar is gotten at level 34, after fighting the Archmagus of Roo. The program will log a message about getting Erick to clean the gemstone - that's when you get it.

Robin
06-24-2014, 03:06 AM
Is there anyway I can manually make it start from a specific stage?
I kinda dun goofed, it stopped partway through last run for some reason, so I manually moved it to the next stage, but it still tries to continue from where it left off before

methrend
06-24-2014, 03:27 AM
Is there anyway I can manually make it start from a specific stage?
I kinda dun goofed, it stopped partway through last run for some reason, so I manually moved it to the next stage, but it still tries to continue from where it left off before
Open your save file with notepad and change the first line to the new stage number :)

magicol
06-24-2014, 01:33 PM
Ok now i have a problem it says:

"Training in basement 1 until level 16 and items gathered"

and nothing happens, stucks there

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

And when i try to play in browser it says "Welcome to NeoQuest�!

Click here to start a new game in Normal mode."

Douglas
06-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Just waiting for the Altador Cup over to test it!

What are the odds of getting frozen because of this program? :S

winston_tiu
06-24-2014, 10:32 PM
When I change int(self.curLevel) < 20 to int(self.curLevel) < 25, it missed the fight with Rollay and never got the medallion. Got stuck at Sunny and needed to restart again, lol. Maybe this is just because my internet is lagging or just I made some mistakes here.

methrend
06-24-2014, 11:17 PM
Ok now i have a problem it says:

"Training in basement 1 until level 16 and items gathered"

and nothing happens, stucks there

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

And when i try to play in browser it says "Welcome to NeoQuest�!

Click here to start a new game in Normal mode."

Have you changed your active pet at all? NQ Saves to a specific pet, not to the account. That page is generally only seen when no game has ever been played, which wouldn't be the case if it had restarted somewhere. If that's not the case, then best you can do is delete your save file and let it start from the beginning.

Just waiting for the Altador Cup over to test it!

What are the odds of getting frozen because of this program? :S

As far as I can tell, the odds are lower than getting hit by lightning. I've been running this on shells and some of my friend's accounts (with permission), along with everyone who's using it here - and all of my testing was pretty unsafe as far as being cautious goes (as I didn't care about the shell I was using when writing it). No issues anywhere.

When I change int(self.curLevel) < 20 to int(self.curLevel) < 25, it missed the fight with Rollay and never got the medallion. Got stuck at Sunny and needed to restart again, lol. Maybe this is just because my internet is lagging or just I made some mistakes here.

That does seem a bit odd, since changing the level shouldn't make it skip any stages except future levelling areas (as it still goes through stage by stage). Not sure what's going on there :\

winston_tiu
06-25-2014, 02:03 AM
That does seem a bit odd, since changing the level shouldn't make it skip any stages except future levelling areas (as it still goes through stage by stage). Not sure what's going on there :\

I will test this one again, will inform you as soon as it got there again.

magicol
06-25-2014, 03:03 AM
Have you changed your active pet at all? NQ Saves to a specific pet, not to the account. That page is generally only seen when no game has ever been played, which wouldn't be the case if it had restarted somewhere. If that's not the case, then best you can do is delete your save file and let it start from the beginning.

I think is that

magicol
06-25-2014, 04:59 PM
Hi i have a new question. i reached lvl 33 and stopped the ap to do the rest of the avvie myself, defeated Roo and gave the gem to the cybunny, but the AP still says "training to lvl 34 to make sure you win" or something like that, but i already left the room lol
what should i do?

methrend
06-25-2014, 08:33 PM
Hi i have a new question. i reached lvl 33 and stopped the ap to do the rest of the avvie myself, defeated Roo and gave the gem to the cybunny, but the AP still says "training to lvl 34 to make sure you win" or something like that, but i already left the room lol
what should i do?

Check which stage number you are now at because you did it manually (using stages.txt), and then check the STAGES folder for the corresponding html file to find out where you should be to start that stage. Then edit the first line of your save file (in the saves folder) withnotepad, changing it to the new stage number. That should make it kick off from that point.
Would've been easier to just let the program do it all (and get the avatar anyway), but hey

domi
06-26-2014, 07:25 AM
Best program ever! Just got my avatar and going for the trophy! Thanks so much for your hard work and keep it up! Is there any way we will see a NQ2 bot?

methrend
06-26-2014, 07:27 AM
Best program ever! Just got my avatar and going for the trophy! Thanks so much for your hard work and keep it up! Is there any way we will see a NQ2 bot?

NQ2 Bot is my next project, but I haven't started yet as I've been working on some other stuff, and don't have the time atm. Soon, I hope, though it'll take longer to do.

domi
06-26-2014, 07:45 AM
NQ2 Bot is my next project, but I haven't started yet as I've been working on some other stuff, and don't have the time atm. Soon, I hope, though it'll take longer to do.

Sweet! A NQ2 bot would make getting the prizes pretty dang easy :p Anyways, thanks again for releasing this!

aviv
07-02-2014, 05:02 AM
The bot is stuck on the line "stopping to train to 27". I think training to 27 is stage 236. whenever I open the program, it says that same line and is inactive

methrend
07-02-2014, 06:08 AM
The bot is stuck on the line "stopping to train to 27". I think training to 27 is stage 236. whenever I open the program, it says that same line and is inactive

The code for that section looks okay, are you able to check manually where you're at?

aviv
07-02-2014, 08:54 AM
The code for that section looks okay, are you able to check manually where you're at?

huh? do you mean logging into neopets and looking at the NQ map where I am?

methrend
07-02-2014, 08:57 AM
huh? do you mean logging into neopets and looking at the NQ map where I am?

Yeah, check to see if you're in the right place (html files in STAGES folder show you where). It's definitely stage 236

Abidala
07-03-2014, 05:04 PM
windows closed and in ''log''
Starting Neoquest Player
Starting Neoquest Player
Starting Neoquest Player
Starting Neoquest Player
Starting Neoquest Player
what i do?

winston_tiu
07-04-2014, 03:12 AM
Got the Gold Trophy thx!!

methrend
07-04-2014, 04:04 AM
windows closed and in ''log''
Starting Neoquest Player
Starting Neoquest Player
Starting Neoquest Player
Starting Neoquest Player
Starting Neoquest Player
what i do?

Looks like it's not even managing to log in properly.
Are you sure account.txt is set up correctly? If you're not using a proxy, leave that section totally empty (so it's "user;pass;;difficulty")

Abidala
07-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Example:
tchuru;4565;;0

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

thats work, thanksss, my error

methrend
07-04-2014, 07:33 AM
Example:
tchuru;4565;;0

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

thats work, thanksss, my error

Aight, enjoy :)

Cheetah
07-06-2014, 08:19 PM
I've just started running this. So far so good.
I'll inform you if I encounter any problem.

npm
07-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Just got both the avatar and the trophy without any issues very nice program congrats :D

Cheetah
07-11-2014, 10:36 AM
Whoo I got the gold trophy! I turned off the program for a few hours every now and then to be on the safe side and had no problem whatsoever.
Thank you for creating this amazing program. :$

j03
07-11-2014, 10:38 AM
Since the AC is done I am going to have the pleasure of running this program. :D

Neal Caffrey
07-11-2014, 02:14 PM
methrend

What is this error? o_o I'm using a Windows XP SP3

methrend
07-11-2014, 10:40 PM
methrend

What is this error? o_o I'm using a Windows XP SP3
You're missing one of the files. There should be an 'output.py' in the classes folder. Try redownloading.

Neal Caffrey
07-12-2014, 12:26 AM
You're missing one of the files. There should be an 'output.py' in the classes folder. Try redownloading.

but I have! See:
def logMsg(text):
logFile = open('./log.txt', 'a')
logFile.write(str(text))
logFile.write("\n")
logFile.close()
print str(text)
#print "\n"

def savePage(html, file_name):
outputfolder = './output/'
file_writer.write(str(html))
file_writer.close()

methrend
07-13-2014, 07:28 AM
but I have! See:
def logMsg(text):
logFile = open('./log.txt', 'a')
logFile.write(str(text))
logFile.write("\n")
logFile.close()
print str(text)
#print "\n"

def savePage(html, file_name):
outputfolder = './output/'
file_writer.write(str(html))
file_writer.close()

Okay, that's super weird. Not sure why it wouldn't be able to find that.. :\
You're on the right version of python and all?

Neal Caffrey
07-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Okay, that's super weird. Not sure why it wouldn't be able to find that.. :\
You're on the right version of python and all?

nope [Only registered and activated users can see links] Running 3.4.1 instead of 2.7.7

thanks for this amazing program. :)

j03
07-13-2014, 09:56 PM
This program is fantastic! I am very impressed.

Works flawlessly. I edited my user info and set the difficulty -> Double clicked to run script and let it do its thing. Came back to the avatar and trophy later on with absolutely NO errors. If you read the first post and do as the author says, it will work great for you.

Amazing job methrend :$

Pinxil
07-14-2014, 06:11 AM
I love to use this and kinda looks safe ^^

zts
07-14-2014, 07:17 PM
As others have said, wonderful autoplayer.

Neal Caffrey
07-14-2014, 10:59 PM
so... I have just one thing to say about:

I've used this program three times: using the proxy support, without proxy support and with hotspot shield. in all situations, the program keep crashing in like 2-30 minutes (not patterned)

I will let you know, methrend my error via inbox. thanks :)

ps.: this error show for like 0.5seg and then the window close. In the first error (that I've posted here) and in this second, I've recorded the window with my phone in low motion and then took a print from the screen

@Edit;
before this appears, the program stop for a while. and then crash.

methrend
07-14-2014, 11:19 PM
so... I have just one thing to say about:

I've used this program three times: using the proxy support, without proxy support and with hotspot shield. in all situations, the program keep crashing in like 2-30 minutes (not patterned)

I will let you know, methrend my error via inbox. thanks :)

ps.: this error show for like 0.5seg and then the window close. In the first error (that I've posted here) and in this second, I've recorded the window with my phone in low motion and then took a print from the screen

@Edit;
before this appears, the program stop for a while. and then crash.

Looking at the error you PMed me, it's some form of connection issue definitely (in that the program isn't getting a response from the neopets side of things after a page load/post)
I'm not sure why it would happen after some random time of running normally, but the issue is definitely not the program itself. Something somewhere is causing the connection to neopets to time out or break...

Neal Caffrey
07-14-2014, 11:27 PM
Looking at the error you PMed me, it's some form of connection issue definitely (in that the program isn't getting a response from the neopets side of things after a page load/post)
I'm not sure why it would happen after some random time of running normally, but the issue is definitely not the program itself. Something somewhere is causing the connection to neopets to time out or break...

well, when I was using the proxy, I've got it
but then I've used without proxy, just with my internet by itself. but the crash won't stop!
now I'm using with hotspot shield. I think it can be a connection issue, but... why the program crash? why it just don't self-open? :P this is possible?

methrend
07-15-2014, 01:53 AM
well, when I was using the proxy, I've got it
but then I've used without proxy, just with my internet by itself. but the crash won't stop!
now I'm using with hotspot shield. I think it can be a connection issue, but... why the program crash? why it just don't self-open? :P this is possible?

So it rules out the proxy being the issue, but there's still too many possible causes for a connection issue for me to be able to diagnose it unfortunately...

It crashes because it literally errors out when that happens - whilst I could let it ignore errors and keep going, doing that is not safe plus it may cause issues with the program running properly (steps might get skipped, etc).

Neal Caffrey
07-15-2014, 01:54 AM
So it rules out the proxy being the issue, but there's still too many possible causes for a connection issue for me to be able to diagnose it unfortunately...

It crashes because it literally errors out when that happens - whilst I could let it ignore errors and keep going, doing that is not safe plus it may cause issues with the program running properly (steps might get skipped, etc).

mmm okay, got it :/ thanks...

methrend
07-15-2014, 02:24 AM
mmm okay, got it :/ thanks...

Sorry I can't help any more than that :(

Hikimaru
07-15-2014, 09:19 AM
So, I'm having this problem everytime I try to use this program:

The program keeps fighting forever and this message appears everytime. I tried to restart but the same thing occurs with another item.
What can I do to fix this problem?

methrend
07-15-2014, 09:21 AM
So, I'm having this problem everytime I try to use this program:

The program keeps fighting forever and this message appears everytime. I tried to restart but the same thing occurs with another item.
What can I do to fix this problem?

Can't see the image yet, but if that's the "We don't have x item" message, and it continues the fight, then it's working as intended.

There's certain weapons/armour where you need specific items to make them, and can only get those items from specific monsters in specific places, so the program will keep fighting in those spots until it has the amount of each item it requires. It's just sheer luck on getting the item or not, so it might take longer than at other times.

Hikimaru
07-15-2014, 09:34 AM
Ah, I see. Yes, that's the message. The program was running for some hours so I thought it was an error, nevermind then xD
Thanks for the program!

methrend
07-15-2014, 09:35 AM
Ah, I see. Yes, that's the message. The program was running for some hours so I thought it was an error, nevermind then xD
Thanks for the program!

Not sure which item it is, obviously, but if it continues to not find it, then double check using Stages and the relevant html in STAGES folder to make sure you're in the right spot. A couple of them are very specific locations.

Hikimaru
07-15-2014, 09:38 AM
It's the small yellow gem. How do I confirm if I'm in the right place?

methrend
07-15-2014, 09:59 AM
It's the small yellow gem. How do I confirm if I'm in the right place?

SO that's right at the start...Stage 120. You can check the "120.html" file in STAGES folder for where you should be, and match that to where you are if you login as usual and check it manually in a browser.

However, I know that that bit is about 5 squares west (to the left) of the starting city., in the middle of the plains. You should get the gem eventually :)

Hikimaru
07-15-2014, 10:16 AM
This is strange because the stage 120 is on the plains of Neopia and I'm in the Dank Cave (lower temple). Also, the stage shows a lvl 5 character and I'm currently in level 15. Shall I move back to the start of the game to get this item?

methrend
07-15-2014, 10:21 AM
This is strange because the stage 120 is on the plains of Neopia and I'm in the Dank Cave (lower temple). Also, the stage shows a lvl 5 character and I'm currently in level 15. Shall I move back to the start of the game to get this item?

Wait, level 15 and in the Dank Cave? Something has definitely gone off there.
Can you open the <accountname>.save file in the saves folder and post the contents for me? Might be able to figure out what's happened.

Hikimaru
07-15-2014, 10:33 AM
I opened it and that's the content:

Not sure if that's what you wanted though.

methrend
07-15-2014, 10:39 AM
I opened it and that's the content:

Not sure if that's what you wanted though.

That's exactly it.
So it's set at Stage 120, which is the aerlier stage I mentioned, but you're in Dank cave and level 15...I guess level 15 is because it sat fighting for ages, but I'm not sure how it got to that point and then reset to the earlier ones.

The Lower Temple Dank Cave is Cave 3...which matches to stages 145 and 146. Stage 145 is probably what you should be at - that's the one where it collect Tiny Beryl and Tiny Obsidian.

Can you check 145.html in STAGES folder and see if it matches your current location? If so, check your inventory (again, in a browser) and see if you've got 3 or 4 Glowing Stones in it. If you do, then you can safely edit that save file so that the first line is '145' instead of '120', which'll get you back on track (and slightly ahead in level, which is fine).

If you don't have 3 or 4 Glowing Stones, then your best option is to just reset the game entirely (just delete the save file and run the program again, it'll reset for you), since you're so early in a reset won't matter too much.

Hikimaru
07-15-2014, 10:43 AM
No it doesn't match, but I have 4 Glowing Stones on my inventory. Can I edit to stage 145 then? Or do I need to move my character manually to match with the stage 145?

methrend
07-15-2014, 10:45 AM
No it doesn't match, but I have 4 Glowing Stones on my inventory. Can I edit to stage 145 then? Or do I need to move my character manually to match with the stage 145?

Move manually to the same location as Stage 145 shows, then you can edit it safely and start it from there :)

Hikimaru
07-15-2014, 11:05 AM
I did that but the same thing is happening. The program is still fighting at the place I put my character, and it keeps saying I don't have the small yellow gem. I think I will probably need to restart the program.

methrend
07-15-2014, 11:08 AM
I did that but the same thing is happening. The program is still fighting at the place I put my character, and it keeps saying I don't have the small yellow gem. I think I will probably need to restart the program.

Weird o.o

Best to just restart then. It should do so if you delete the save file and run it again.

Hikimaru
07-15-2014, 11:29 AM
I just restarted. Thanks for all the help, and I will get back to here if I have any more problems :)

Hikimaru
07-19-2014, 06:36 AM
The program was working fine, I beat the game in normal and evil using it, but when I tried Insane I had this problem:

Not at the tele...something went wrong moving there

Please post the contents of the 'accountname.save' file on the program thread, as well as where the program was when it failed and Methrend will help you out :)

The content is:

I logged in and it's in the Jungle Ruins (dungeons).

eggloo
07-20-2014, 04:15 AM
i just got the bronze trophy with it! it sometimes get stuck here and there, but still a great program

methrend
07-20-2014, 08:03 AM
The program was working fine, I beat the game in normal and evil using it, but when I tried Insane I had this problem:

The content is:

I logged in and it's in the Jungle Ruins (dungeons).

yeah so it messed up moving to a spot. That's gonna be one of the following stages:
2123 - move to tele 3
2124 - move to tele 2
2125 - move to tele 1
2126 - move to near tele G

Check where you are manually (as before), and this map:

And use the file sin STAGES folder to help you figure out which one it broke at, move to the /next/ one and start from there.

For future reference you can generally find out what stage you're at when it breaks using the Stages.txt and the STAGES folder together.

guppy breeder
07-20-2014, 11:57 AM
in the beginning does this just fight all the time to evel up to a certain point before going forward with the game? methrend

edit* just checked my logs its training as its moving, but i got this error
File "C:\Users\todd\Downloads\NeoQuester\NeoQuester\clie nt.py", line 64, in <m
odule>
myGame.doLoop()
File "C:\Users\todd\Downloads\NeoQuester\NeoQuester\clas ses\NQLoop.py", line 4
57, in doLoop
self.hunt()
File "C:\Users\todd\Downloads\NeoQuester\NeoQuester\clas ses\NQLoop.py", line 9
5, in hunt
self.acc.get("[Only registered and activated users can see links]
2", "[Only registered and activated users can see links]")
File "C:\Users\todd\Downloads\NeoQuester\NeoQuester\clas ses\NeoAccount.py", li
ne 50, in get
res = self.opener.open(url)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 404, in open
response = self._open(req, data)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 422, in _open
'_open', req)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 1214, in [Only registered and activated users can see links]
return self.do_open([Only registered and activated users can see links] req)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 1187, in do_open
r = h.getresponse(buffering=True)
File "C:\Python27\lib\[Only registered and activated users can see links]", line 1067, in getresponse
response.begin()
File "C:\Python27\lib\[Only registered and activated users can see links]", line 409, in begin
version, status, reason = self._read_status()
File "C:\Python27\lib\[Only registered and activated users can see links]", line 365, in _read_status
line = self.fp.readline(_MAXLINE + 1)
File "C:\Python27\lib\socket.py", line 476, in readline
data = self._sock.recv(self._rbufsize)
socket.error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the re
mote host

C:\Users\todd\Downloads\NeoQuester\NeoQuester>

just restarting fixed it tho

methrend
07-20-2014, 10:12 PM
in the beginning does this just fight all the time to evel up to a certain point before going forward with the game? methrend

edit* just checked my logs its training as its moving, but i got this error
File "C:\Users\todd\Downloads\NeoQuester\NeoQuester\clie nt.py", line 64, in <m
odule>
myGame.doLoop()
File "C:\Users\todd\Downloads\NeoQuester\NeoQuester\clas ses\NQLoop.py", line 4
57, in doLoop
self.hunt()
File "C:\Users\todd\Downloads\NeoQuester\NeoQuester\clas ses\NQLoop.py", line 9
5, in hunt
self.acc.get("[Only registered and activated users can see links]
2", "[Only registered and activated users can see links]")
File "C:\Users\todd\Downloads\NeoQuester\NeoQuester\clas ses\NeoAccount.py", li
ne 50, in get
res = self.opener.open(url)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 404, in open
response = self._open(req, data)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 422, in _open
'_open', req)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 1214, in [Only registered and activated users can see links]
return self.do_open([Only registered and activated users can see links] req)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 1187, in do_open
r = h.getresponse(buffering=True)
File "C:\Python27\lib\[Only registered and activated users can see links]", line 1067, in getresponse
response.begin()
File "C:\Python27\lib\[Only registered and activated users can see links]", line 409, in begin
version, status, reason = self._read_status()
File "C:\Python27\lib\[Only registered and activated users can see links]", line 365, in _read_status
line = self.fp.readline(_MAXLINE + 1)
File "C:\Python27\lib\socket.py", line 476, in readline
data = self._sock.recv(self._rbufsize)
socket.error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the re
mote host

C:\Users\todd\Downloads\NeoQuester\NeoQuester>

just restarting fixed it tho

Yeah it'll stop at certain points to level up before carrying on with the game. I did a lot of testing to ensure the levels were okay for mostly not dying even for the harder difficulties.

That error happens occasionally, not sure on the cause - neopets just decides to not send data back. Re-running the program will always kick it off from where it was with that :)