PDA

View Full Version : Should I make the accounts?

zakeryp
02-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Hey everyone, I have a large list of words that have not been made into accounts yet on Neopets, should I make them? Or is it too much trouble for no profit. I was thinking of making them all, and slowly building them all to semi mains, and once a year or two passes sell them. But is it worth the work and wait?

Steve
02-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Depends on the name, I think you can get some profit.
You can use some of the programs here to make them more valuable.

Slasher
02-01-2012, 10:56 PM
For longer term profit it could be great, with (very) common real words/names. For 2-3 years mains you could easily get between 5-15$ each depending on the stuff the accounts have.

Carrot
02-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Yah, do it if you have the time. Even RW shells that are over 4 months are worth a bit.

Kristin
02-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Do it, or sell me the list of words. ;)

zakeryp
02-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Yah, do it if you have the time. Even RW shells that are over 4 months are worth a bit.

How much each do you think?

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Do it, or sell me the list of words. ;)

now where's the fun in that?

Kristin
02-01-2012, 11:39 PM
I'm obsessed with RW accounts and pets. ^^;

Carrot
02-01-2012, 11:40 PM
How much each do you think?

It depends on how common the word is. Don't make words that no one knows, no one will want to buy them. Do cute words or weird words or just plain common words. An account like muffin would go for a lot more than an account called perpetuity.

I_royalty_I
02-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Probably wouldn't be worth it, honestly.
People can buy very nice accounts for a small amount of money now.
The amount of time it would take to build up the accounts, I doubt it would be worth it unless you wanted to just do lik 5-10 and maybe see a return of about $10-15 depending on how nice you make them.

I don't personally think it would be worth it. But hey, if you have time to kill and are just looking for a little extra cash, go for it I guess.

zakeryp
02-01-2012, 11:58 PM
I'm obsessed with RW accounts and pets. ^^;

me too!! :3

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

It depends on how common the word is. Don't make words that no one knows, no one will want to buy them. Do cute words or weird words or just plain common words. An account like muffin would go for a lot more than an account called perpetuity.

That Makes complete sense, I think I'll just make as many as I can and build them into semi mains, but I do not want to do any featured events on them, how much would that bring their worth down..

should I just focus on making shells instead of semi mains?

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

Probably wouldn't be worth it, honestly.
People can buy very nice accounts for a small amount of money now.
The amount of time it would take to build up the accounts, I doubt it would be worth it unless you wanted to just do lik 5-10 and maybe see a return of about $10-15 depending on how nice you make them.

I don't personally think it would be worth it. But hey, if you have time to kill and are just looking for a little extra cash, go for it I guess.what If i just made the accounts, and didn't build them, only made them shells?

Carrot
02-01-2012, 11:58 PM
First you should create shells that people would want, then, when you have time, you should build up whatever accounts you think are the best named. The shorter / more common the name the better.

zakeryp
02-01-2012, 11:59 PM
First you should create shells that people would want, then, when you have time, you should build up whatever accounts you think are the best named. The shorter / more common the name the better.

good idea :3 and thanks a lot.

Can you pc a pet name for me? pm if you can.

Carrot
02-02-2012, 12:00 AM
No problem. And sure.

I_royalty_I
02-02-2012, 12:00 AM
what If i just made the accounts, and didn't build them, only made them shells?

Then you would be making A LOT less profit.
I'm having offers 15-20 for nice RN pets that are years and years old.
For an obscure, real world account name, that is new.... I don't see it going for too much more than an average shell. Maybe a buck or two, not sure.

zakeryp
02-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Then you would be making A LOT less profit.
I'm having offers 15-20 for nice RN pets that are years and years old.
For an obscure, real world account name, that is new.... I don't see it going for too much more than an average shell. Maybe a buck or two, not sure.
How much more effort is needed for the semi mains?

munsterpoo
02-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Yeah I'd try to build them up some, you could use a SSer for 2 or 3 game trophies and get the regular trophies, dump some np in it, and you could make some $$ after they are 4 months +

zakeryp
02-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Yeah I'd try to build them up some, you could use a SSer for 2 or 3 game trophies and get the regular trophies, dump some np in it, and you could make some $$ after they are 4 months +

Would the profit be significantly more if they were over a year old?